• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Watch Rick Perry's Campaign End Before Your Eyes

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It's time to head back to Austin, Texas Gov., you time seems to be up.

Gov. Rick Perry for President

[video=youtube;zUA2rDVrmNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zUA2rDVrmNg[/video]

:lamo

Ironic that he got stumped after education.

Paul did his best to get to give him the right department but he couldn't hear him.

Last edited:
You kind of feel bad for him. I guess that leaves romney and the harasser competing for the nomination.

Gingrich is a good candidate - on that side of the aisle.

Perry was never good - he was always a flake and if he can't handle the pressure of debates and campaigning he most certainly wouldn't be able ot handle the pressure of the presidency. . . better to weed them out early.

I give him a 10 for state executions of prisoners, and a -2 for public speaking. Wants to eliminate the Department of Education...Really?

I give him a 10 for state executions of prisoners, and a -2 for public speaking. Wants to eliminate the Department of Education...Really?

one of the few things he is right about. The Federal Government doesn't need involvement in it.

The Federal Department of Education was set up in the 70’s. to oversee nearly everything education related in the US. The Department's mission is to serve America's students—to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access. States could not afford to educate children without it. Some functions are: coordination of testing/graduation stats/minimum curriculum requirements/SATS, to name a few.

No, I do not feel individual families should be responsible for funding their childrens entire education. I've always supported public education. As it is, I see far too many uncaring parents, and children who would have no formal education at all without public education.

Isn't the Libertarian mission more than a bit anarchistic? And am I the only one that thinks wanting to tear down our federal government just a tad un-american?

I didn't see the debate....did he say stupid ship like we 57 states or he saw dead people walking around on Memorial Day?

The Federal Department of Education was set up in the 70’s. to oversee nearly everything education related in the US. The Department's mission is to serve America's students—to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access. States could not afford to educate children without it. Some functions are: coordination of testing/graduation stats/minimum curriculum requirements/SATS, to name a few.

No, I do not feel individual families should be responsible for funding their childrens entire education. I've always supported public education. As it is, I see far too many uncaring parents, and children who would have no formal education at all without public education.

Isn't the Libertarian mission more than a bit anarchistic? And am I the only one that thinks wanting to tear down our federal government just a tad un-american?

How has it worked out for us since the Department of Education was established by the clown, Jimmy Carter? Have the test scores improved? Are our kids more competitive on a global basis? I think it's un-American to continue the same failed policies that are ruining our Country.

Good. Can't stand him, never could.

Thanks for reminding us of the purpose of the Department of Education. Far too often we hear the mantra the the Dept of Ed does not teach one student and it is dismissed without understand actualy what it does do to support education.

And no, you are not the only one to see this as part of tearing down our federal government. I think that is part of the far right agenda.

I didn't see the debate....did he say stupid ship like we 57 states or he saw dead people walking around on Memorial Day?

your knee just got hit with that little rubber hammer..... again. ;)

It was my favorite part of the debate! Paul tried to help, and Cain said EPA and then Perry said EPA. When the moderator asked if that is what he meants, ehat did Perry say? No. It was just funny all around,

States could not afford to educate children without it.

this is completely idiotic.

government doesn't produce a damn thing. All the money that funds the Federal Deportment of Education is taken from residents of states.

So to claim we couldn't afford an education without the federal governments involvement shows a complete disconnect in how government is funded.

Man, remember when Perry looked like he was a shoe-in for the nomination? And then he opened his mouth...

Yes, states could fund education, if their voters held education at the high priority, like they once did. Unfortunately, I live in a state where education is underfunded and smaller schools are closing at an unprecendented rate, even with federal funding.

You can't have a good economic situation with lack of education. Don't blame schools for the wall street mess that deregulation helped along, or the outsourcing of our manufacturing base. I remember when the Caterpiller plant moved to Mexico. It was very devastating to the small town of Dallas, Oregon.

Can you believe we don't even fund NASA now? Wow!

Yes, states could fund education, if their voters held education at the high priority, like they once did.

so basically, you know more then residents of a given state and get to override their wishes.

democracy in action! /sarcasm

You can't have a good economic situation with lack of education.

throwing money at problems isn't always a solution anyway. Certainly isn't the solution in this case. personal responsibility is.

I'm still trying to figure out how he became the governor of Texas. I guess they don't have gubernatorial debates.

From what I read about him before these debates, he refused to debate anyone before this. Debates were predicted to be a major problem for him.

That was a bit painful to watch. I would feel sorry for him if he didn't want to get rid of edumacation.

Back
Top Bottom