• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was the election "rigged"?

Was the election "rigged"?

• Total voters
They tried their best... and failed. I regard 1/2 to 2 million of the popular vote for Hillary to be of dubious legitimacy....

That's as reasonable a conclusion as any.

I believe that various investigations will uncover a smattering of voter fraud instances, and that a great number of illegals voted in a number of States.
Will that change the outcome of the Presidential election?

I think not.

One thing that Jill Stein needs to be aware of is this;
A re-count in Wisconsin (and even Michigan and Pennsylvania) will necessitate a closer scrutiny of ballots and registered voters.

That means that, if a number of illegals voted, and any number registered voters who turn out to be DEAD are discovered, all that will come out.

Be careful of what you ask for, Hillary supporters;
You just might get it.
:/

So you support unverified computer votes for Trump, but discount actual physical paper votes for Clinton. OK.

No, I actually don't think it was rigged either way, but if you're willing to entertain the idea that it was rigged for Trump, you gotta be open to the possibility that the reverse could also be the case.

As it turned out, for Clinton to have won, the election would have had to be rigged. Alternatively, she shiuld have motivated more of the base to vote.
Sure you can say now knowing the results that it would have to be rigged for Hillary to win, but that is hindsight.

Trump thought he was going to lose. Which is why he whined about a "rigged system". He was laying the excuses for his defeat.

No, I actually don't think it was rigged either way, but if you're willing to entertain the idea that it was rigged for Trump, you gotta be open to the possibility that the reverse could also be the case.

Given the results, it's hard to argue that it was rigged against him. BTW, why did He give up on the "rigged" front? It's almost as if He only cared if He won. That couldn't be though, I've been assured that his motives are above reproach.

Given the results, it's hard to argue that it was rigged against him. BTW, why did He give up on the "rigged" front? It's almost as if He only cared if He won. That couldn't be though, I've been assured that his motives are above reproach.

Actually he flat out said it was only rigged if he lost and I remember thinking that to be pretty silly, but, in light of a number of posts in this thread, it apparently was not all that silly to begin with. Heck, maybe his team had some pre election polling data that was actually accurate.

Actually he flat out said it was only rigged if he lost and I remember thinking that to be pretty silly, but, in light of a number of posts in this thread, it apparently was not all that silly to begin with. Heck, maybe his team had some pre election polling data that was actually accurate.

It was a pre-excuse. Everybody (well, almost everybody) knows that. I'm just saying that his concern for the integrity of the system only extended to who won. Which makes him a politician.

It was a pre-excuse. Everybody (well, almost everybody) knows that. I'm just saying that his concern for the integrity of the system only extended to who won. Which makes him a politician.

Yeah, but now that he's lost, you're willing to concede that it's quite possible that it was rigged so how's that different? Maybe you're a natural born politician who missed your calling. There's only two credible options here, either it's reasonable to suspect foul play or it isn't. It can't be that it could be foul play but only because it's Hillary who lost. How do we know the popular vote wasn't rigged?

I'm sure I could find something if I researched it long enough. The problem is that so few people ever engage in it that whatever I found would not be significant enough to care about.

That is what I thought, but now the Dems want a recount in three prime states, why, because of some made up fraud, to get Hillary in office.

Right. So I assume you have a quote from a prominent Democratic politician who advocates breaking immigration law, electoral law, and/or tax law? If you do, let's hear it.

Right, Obama just writes executives orders to not enforce some immigration laws. The Dems have always made sure that the immigration laws were not strictly enforced. Hell they believe in sanctuary cities to harbor illegals. The Pubs were unjustly targeted by the IRS and Obama let the IRS off the hook. And I don't even want to go into Hillary's lies and illegal pay for play or what have you. Same with Obama's deliberate lies to the American people. And you sit there and say they are all angles. Does naive mean anything to you?

Sure you can say now knowing the results that it would have to be rigged for Hillary to win, but that is hindsight.

Trump thought he was going to lose. Which is why he whined about a "rigged system". He was laying the excuses for his defeat.

And now the poor guy has boxed himself in. Has to do a job he isn't qualified for, he never really believe he would have to do and finds himself so far out of his depths, that he doesn't even know the words the staff are using. So, you should pity him. He is just another victim of Clinton negligence.

Trump was claiming the election was rigged "before" people had even voted. He put doubt in the electoral process.

So if it turns out the election was rigged....then Trump would be right....right?

What's rigged are people's brains.

I watch a great deal of CNN and MSNBC. I cannot count up the hours of almost daily coverage of Trump rallies and speeches where he was beamed into the homes of Americans without interruption for more than a half hour at a time.

That is NOT negative. It is unfiltered Trump just as he spoke that day. Once he stopped and the coverage started, somebody could simply turn the channel after Trum had got his free coverage.

They did the same for Hillary. shrug

Yeah, but now that he's lost, you're willing to concede that it's quite possible that it was rigged so how's that different? Maybe you're a natural born politician who missed your calling. There's only two credible options here, either it's reasonable to suspect foul play or it isn't. It can't be that it could be foul play but only because it's Hillary who lost. How do we know the popular vote wasn't rigged?

I never claimed it was rigged, and I never said Clinton was cheated. Try your hackery elsewhere.

And now the poor guy has boxed himself in. Has to do a job he isn't qualified for, he never really believe he would have to do and finds himself so far out of his depths, that he doesn't even know the words the staff are using. So, you should pity him. He is just another victim of Clinton negligence.

Trump is indeed president because of Hillary's failure to motivate her base. It was a race between two losers.

That is what I thought, but now the Dems want a recount in three prime states, why, because of some made up fraud, to get Hillary in office.
No Democrat has said that they expect to see a change in the result. But I'm at least glad to hear that you agree there's no significant voter fraud.

Right, Obama just writes executives orders to not enforce some immigration laws. The Dems have always made sure that the immigration laws were not strictly enforced.
Apparently you don't get the difference between breaking a law and not enforcing one.

And you sit there and say they are all angles. Does naive mean anything to you?
I don't say anything close to that. Hell, Hillary is definitely the Democrat's version of Nixon. What I call naive are the red-state hacks who give this kind of behavior (and worse) a pass as long as the culprit has an R after his name.

Seeing some funny stuff along these lines on both sides. Some lefties are actually now musing that it's possible after blasting Trump for suggesting it could happen while some righties are defending the election results and scoffing at even the possibility of fraud. So, where are you on this?

I answered possibly. The hacking of the Clinton campaign Manager's email account and releasing emails to the media over a protracted period of time seems like a modern Watergate to me, except the perpetrator was not the opposing candidate's campaign, it was an adversarial foreign government.

During the democrat primary, reports have surfaced indicating secret unfair efforts to keep Senator Sanders from winning by party officials.

Do I think the actual voting was rigged? No. Do I think unethical and possibly illegal actions were taken to influence voting? Yes.

No Democrat has said that they expect to see a change in the result. But I'm at least glad to hear that you agree there's no significant voter fraud.

You then suggest Stein and Hillary are stupid, ignorant, to even suggest they are going to change anything.

Apparently you don't get the difference between breaking a law and not enforcing one.

Let see, I break the law but I know I will not meet any consequences because the law is not enforced. How is one different than the other.

I don't say anything close to that. Hell, Hillary is definitely the Democrat's version of Nixon. What I call naive are the red-state hacks who give this kind of behavior (and worse) a pass as long as the culprit has an R after his name.

You get no argument from me.

Trump is indeed president because of Hillary's failure to motivate her base. It was a race between two losers.

Motivate her base. What base, in the last 8 yrs Obama lost the House and the Senate. The majority of all governors are Republican and so are all the legislators around the country. The Dem base has been shrinking and shrinking, have you not paid attention to what is going on around you. All the Dems care about is gender bathrooms and letting in illegals and free stuff. The Dem base could care less about working American trying to feed their families.

I don't get it. Do you argue just for the sake of arguing?

I've admitted the countless hours of coverage provided the opportunity for voters to see how corrupt Hillary and her MSM partners were. I've already admitted this tactic of lies and deceit backfired on them. Hillary calling 10's of millions of voters irredeemable and deplorable unloaded a clip into the public's perception of her.

These facts benefitted every candidate. It benefited Bernie Sanders. It benefitted Donald Trump.

Trump got elected because of his message, not because he got thousands of hours of vicious lies and innuendo.

So Trump University was a credible place and graduated genius people into the market? Hillary said that Mexicans were criminals and rapists. Hillary said that she knew more about ISIS than the generals. Hillary said "ban all Muslim immigration". Hillary said grab'em by the...

So Hillary is apparently a great ventriloquist huh. Hillary said all of those idiotic things that the biased pressed attributed to Trump. So, the biased press was just making all that up then and it was all Hillary.

Donald Trump is just the innocent genius then.

You then suggest Stein and Hillary are stupid, ignorant, to even suggest they are going to change anything.

They might be. Of course I don't know what their campaigns know, so there's no way for me to be sure.

Let see, I break the law but I know I will not meet any consequences because the law is not enforced. How is one different than the other.
Easy. One person decided to break the law, but a different person decided (independently) not to enforce it.

Seeing some funny stuff along these lines on both sides. Some lefties are actually now musing that it's possible after blasting Trump for suggesting it could happen while some righties are defending the election results and scoffing at even the possibility of fraud. So, where are you on this?
Yes. Clearly the Parties rigged this election against the American people.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

So Trump University was a credible place and graduated genius people into the market? Hillary said that Mexicans were criminals and rapists. Hillary said that she knew more about ISIS than the generals. Hillary said "ban all Muslim immigration". Hillary said grab'em by the...

So Hillary is apparently a great ventriloquist huh. Hillary said all of those idiotic things that the biased pressed attributed to Trump. So, the biased press was just making all that up then and it was all Hillary.

Donald Trump is just the innocent genius then.

Your hyperbole, and those of Hillary and her MSM partners amounted to nothing, did it?

Voters heard Trump, and they knew he didn't call Mexican's rapists, he was speaking of illegal aliens from Mexico, and accurately stated that among them were rapists, etc. It's interesting people are still spewing the lie you wrote.

Further, voters heard Trump, and they knew he didn't push for a ban on all Muslims entering the country, he called for a ban on Muslims entering the country from countries known to harbor Islamic terrorists until the government "could figure out what is going on". Hillary and her corrupt MSM partners turned that approach into the ban all Muslim meme that Hillaryites lap up to this day.

This list could go on and on, and the truth is found in the complete transcripts of Trumps comments, not the out of context dog whistle lies Hillary and her MSM partners thought the public could be manipulated with.

I do agree President Elect is a genius. He made the left look like inept children, and continues to give them opportunities to prove it every day.

Very likely there was no rigging of the election, at least not on a scale that would swing the election.

Back
Top Bottom