• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was DeSantis monkey comment part of a plan to start a Civil War?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Background:

• DeSantis created a campaign ad showing him reading pro-swampy material to his children
  • Swampy has endorsed DeSantis
  • Swampy claims he hasn't heard the news about the monkey comment (which means that he definitely has)
  • Fox News says they do not condone the monkey comment

Knowing how closely the WH and Fox News works together and how much DeSantis seems to love Mr. Swampy. Is it out of the realm of possibilities that the comment was not just metaphorically out of Swampy's playbook, but that he literally is actually directing the action?

Notice how this story quickly spread through social media and became the number one story in the media today. Yes, what I am saying is the the liberals took the bait again and ran with it.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Background:

• DeSantis created a campaign ad showing him reading pro-swampy material to his children
  • Swampy claims he hasn't heard the news about the monkey comment (which means that he definitely has)

Knowing how closely the WH and Fox News works together and how much DeSantis seems to love Mr. Swampy. Is it out of the realm of possibilities that the comment was not just metaphorically out of Swampy's playbook, but that he literally is actually directing the action?

Notice how this story quickly spread through social media and became the number one story in the media today. Yes, what I am saying is the the liberals took the bait again and ran with it.

At least you got this nonsense in the right forum.

I've seen it going around was wondering if anybody believed it.

No doubt the multimedia echo chamber will start pushing it. This CT is tailor made for the Trump haters.

No doubt the multimedia echo chamber will start pushing it. This CT is tailor made for the Trump haters.

No one will mourn #45 when he goes.

No.
Must be an age thing. To "monkey this up" has nothing to do with blacks. Look up the definition and use.
I swear the IQ has dropped in this country. Maybe reporters should go back to school. imo, Maybe it is the reporters who are racists if they believe the phrase is about race.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/monkey with
"Definition of monkey with
informal
: to handle or play with (something) in a careless way : to monkey around with (something) I told you not to monkey with the lawn mower.

In my 52 years I have not heard the expression. I googled the expression, zip. The man is an idiot for saying it, Fruedian slip ?

Background:

It was the press who took the bait, including Fox.

In my 52 years I have not heard the expression. I googled the expression, zip. The man is an idiot for saying it, Fruedian slip ?

I was right it is a age thing.. I heard the expression growing up. I am in my late 60's) See post 10.

It has nothing to do with blacks. PC has gone to far in this country.

Definition of monkey with
informal
: to handle or play with (something) in a careless way : to monkey around with (something) I told you not to monkey with the lawn mower.

Last edited:

I'm 43 and I've heard the term before. :shrug: But then again I have moved around the US quite a bit so maybe its a regional thing. And you must not have googled all that hard considering mike provided the definition of it from Mirriam-Webster quite handily in post 10.

Background:

You have spoiled our advantage! Now we're just going to have to wait a few more years before we can crush all you monkey lovers!

(for those that don't understand..... that was sarcasm)

Seriously though...you said in post 5 that you've seen it going around...where ever you are hanging around at or whoever you're listening to be it on air or someone in your real life or online....they need to be watched VERY closely. There is no plan to start a civil war. No one in this country WANTS a civil war...except maybe crazy people. But crazy people don't tend to make it far enough in the world to make such happen.

I'm 43 and I've heard the term before. :shrug: But then again I have moved around the US quite a bit so maybe its a regional thing. And you must not have googled all that hard considering mike provided the definition of it from Mirriam-Webster quite handily in post 10.

I am prior military, lived on both coasts, the South and Midwest. Worked with folks from all over this country. In addition I lived in two other English speaking countries, never heard the expression.

I was right it is a age thing.. I heard the expression growing up. I am in my late 60's) See post 10.

It has nothing to do with blacks. PC has gone to far in this country.

Definition of monkey with
informal

Eitherway, its not the way to start a campaign.

What a stupid question. Of course it was an attempt to start a civil war.

I am prior military, lived on both coasts, the South and Midwest. Worked with folks from all over this country. In addition I lived in two other English speaking countries, never heard the expression.

I've never been to other English Speaking countries, unless you want to count Canada visiting an aquarium? But I HAVE been from one coast of this country to the other and back again. The only states I haven't been to is the north eastern ones, Alaska and Hawaii. That you haven't heard the term though does not mean that it doesn't exist. There are lots of words and phrases that I'm STILL learning about. I'd imagine that you don't know all of them either. For instance did you know that the term "nigga" actually has a completely different meaning in S. Korea? It simply means "you". Just found that out a few days ago due to my wife listening to a Korean pop band called BTS. So, just because you don't know the phrase doesn't mean it doesn't and has never existed. Be more willing to learn instead of just trash. It will do ya good. ;)

Back
Top Bottom