• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Warren faces mounting questions on another part of her personal story: Was she fired for being pregn

And just how does your cartoon refute the evidence that Warren is lying about being fired because she was pregnant. Try hard to make an intelligent answer.

Let's see you take the 'evidence' that is presented by either Free Beacon, or the Jacobin, parse out Warren's statements about that time period, and show how it refutes her getting fired? I strongly doubt you will be able to, because it doesn't. BUt, hey, it's your claim, let's see you actually make a case, using Elizebeth's Warren's words. Show how the old writings that were dug up refutes the claims she got fired for being pregnant. Go at it.

And, the cartoon was in response that since 1 person didn't get fired due to prenancy , no one did. You really should be careful of your claims.

Are you afraid to insult an older woman? Are you scared to tell me that you think I'm mentally challenged? Oh wait, you must be speaking about your idol, Trump. Okay, I got it now.
So your idol is Lying Lizzy Warren. There I just insulted an older woman ... Lying Lizzy.

Screenshot_2019-10-10 Warren faces mounting questions on another part of her personal story Was .jpg

And just how does your cartoon refute the evidence that Warren is lying about being fired because she was pregnant. Try hard to make an intelligent answer.

You just implied that I'm mentally handicapped yet in your last comment you actually quoted your own quote. Post #95 :joke:

WOW talk about WHATABOUTISMS you take the prize. :lamo

It's not a whataboutism when we're talking about the current president and his potential adversary in the next election - but nice try.

:2wave:

So your idol is Lying Lizzy Warren. There I just insulted an older woman ... Lying Lizzy.

You're a coward SLC. Don't be that way, if you have some names you want to call me, just let it all out, You'll feel less frustrated if you vent. At least I don't quote my own comment when I make a comment.

Warren faces mounting questions on another part of her personal story: Was she fired for being pregnant? | Fox News

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., who in recent weeks has been surging in the polls in the Democratic presidential primary race, sought Tuesday to clarify another part of her personal story that's been called into question — namely, her claim that she was fired in the 1970s for being pregnant.

Warren has long told the story of how in 1971 she was fired in the first year of her teaching job because she was “visibly pregnant.” It has been presented as a key moment in her story, propelling her toward Harvard and eventually politics.

But that story was cast into doubt after a 2007 interview reemerged in which she said she left the job after realizing that the education courses that she needed to take weren’t working out for her.

"I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, 'I don't think this is going to work out for me.' I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years and I was really casting about, thinking, 'What am I going to do?'" she said.

Most recently, The Washington Free Beacon located county records from the local school board, showing that the board in April 1971 voted to extend Warren a second-year contract similar to the one she held the previous year.

A few months later in June, the minutes show that her resignation was “accepted with regret.”

=============================================================

Imagine that Lying Lizzy is at it again. What is it with this woman does she need to be the victim that bad? Woman speaks with forked tongue. :lol:

This

Is

HUGE!

She is lying to women to play on their sympathies to get their vote. How do you think they will view being lied too. Now she will have to answer reporter questions about the discrepancies in her two different stories.
Hypocrisy. You support Trump but now pretend to be outraged over lies.

You're a coward SLC. Don't be that way, if you have some names you want to call me, just let it all out, You'll feel less frustrated if you vent. At least I don't quote my own comment when I make a comment.
Are you trolling me calling me a coward? You know that is against forum rules don't you? :lol:

"3. Baiting/Flaming/Trolling - To bait someone in a general sense is to make a comment with a purposeful intent to coerce some form of response from the individual."

Last edited:
Are you trolling me calling me a coward? You know that is against forum rules don't you? :lol:

"3. Baiting/Flaming/Trolling - To bait someone in a general sense is to make a comment with a purposeful intent to coerce some form of response from the individual."

She also taught mentally challenged students. At your age you are far more likely to be one of those.

Naww it would go over your head.

I think it was you that were trolling me by implying that I'm mentally handicapped.

Last edited:
He lies hurt the reputation of her former principle are you OK with that?
I am not going to comment on something from nearly 50 years ago. The fact that the right-wing needs to go back 50 years to dig up dirt means there isn't anything current they can criticize her about.

Talk about Whataboutism Holys***. :lol: So now its OK to lie as long as she is on your side. :lol: He lies besmirches the reputation of her former principle for her personal gain.

If you want to have a conversation about lying, let’s start with the current occupant of the White House. When we’re done with that, I’m happy to talk about “Lying Lizzy”.

Warren faces mounting questions on another part of her personal story: Was she fired for being pregnant? | Fox News

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., who in recent weeks has been surging in the polls in the Democratic presidential primary race, sought Tuesday to clarify another part of her personal story that's been called into question — namely, her claim that she was fired in the 1970s for being pregnant.

Warren has long told the story of how in 1971 she was fired in the first year of her teaching job because she was “visibly pregnant.” It has been presented as a key moment in her story, propelling her toward Harvard and eventually politics.

But that story was cast into doubt after a 2007 interview reemerged in which she said she left the job after realizing that the education courses that she needed to take weren’t working out for her.

"I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, 'I don't think this is going to work out for me.' I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years and I was really casting about, thinking, 'What am I going to do?'" she said.

Most recently, The Washington Free Beacon located county records from the local school board, showing that the board in April 1971 voted to extend Warren a second-year contract similar to the one she held the previous year.

A few months later in June, the minutes show that her resignation was “accepted with regret.”

Imagine that Lying Lizzy is at it again. What is it with this woman does she need to be the victim that bad? Woman speaks with forked tongue. :lol:

The women is more off putting than Hillary, by a lot.

She is on CNN now.

God help of if she gets the nomination. It will insure 4 more years of TRump.

We are certainly living through the age of dumbing down America.

:lamo

I see that your ilk sees Warren as another potential threat to your Dear Leader!

Elizabeth Warren's critics forgot: Pregnancy lasts for nine months | Salon.com

But, as progressive journalist Emily Crockett pointed out on Twitter, it's "trivially easy" to reconcile these facts to Warren's story — if one remembers that pregnancy is a nine-month process. Warren was rehired at 4 months, before she was showing. Two months later, when she would have been visibly pregnant, is when she says she was pressured to leave. It's certainly not uncommon for employers to ask someone to resign rather than to fire them outright, especially in matters such as this.​

As usual, supporters of fascism struggle with basic understanding of the female reproductive system.

DISMISSED!

Yet the reason she gave the school and in and interview she gave back in 2007 pretty much negate her current story.
these are called facts. we know we know you leftist hate facts but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Warren Rewrites Her Story Again - WSJ
2007 “Conversations With History” interview at the University of California, Berkeley, in which she talked extensively about her professional challenges as a woman in a less enlightened time. She lacked a teaching credential, she explained in the interview, so “I was on an ‘emergency certificate.’ . . . I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, ‘I don’t think this is going to work out for me.’ I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years, and I was really casting about, thinking, ‘What am I going to do?’ My husband’s view of it was, ‘Stay home. We have children, we’ll have more children, you’ll love this.’ ”

Minutes of an April 1971 meeting show that the Riverdale, N.J., Board of Education unanimously offered her a “2nd year” contract similar to the first year’s, and June 1971 minutes show her resignation was “accepted with regret.” CBS found that the Paterson News reported at the time that Ms. Warren was “leaving to raise a family” and had “resigned for personal reasons.”

these are called facts. Warren doesn't seem to know what facts are.

So yes DISMISSED.

I am not going to comment on something from nearly 50 years ago. The fact that the right-wing needs to go back 50 years to dig up dirt means there isn't anything current they can criticize her about.

the irony of this statement is amazing. i mean wow.

Warren being Warren again. Who would have thunk?

Apply the same honestly to her economic public policy prescriptions.

Yet the reason she gave the school and in and interview she gave back in 2007 pretty much negate her current story.
these are called facts. we know we know you leftist hate facts but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Warren Rewrites Her Story Again - WSJ
2007 “Conversations With History” interview at the University of California, Berkeley, in which she talked extensively about her professional challenges as a woman in a less enlightened time. She lacked a teaching credential, she explained in the interview, so “I was on an ‘emergency certificate.’ . . . I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, ‘I don’t think this is going to work out for me.’ I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years, and I was really casting about, thinking, ‘What am I going to do?’ My husband’s view of it was, ‘Stay home. We have children, we’ll have more children, you’ll love this.’ ”

Minutes of an April 1971 meeting show that the Riverdale, N.J., Board of Education unanimously offered her a “2nd year” contract similar to the first year’s, and June 1971 minutes show her resignation was “accepted with regret.” CBS found that the Paterson News reported at the time that Ms. Warren was “leaving to raise a family” and had “resigned for personal reasons.”

these are called facts. Warren doesn't seem to know what facts are.

So yes DISMISSED.

Please click on the link that has been conveniently provided for you so that you may show that you actually know what you're talking about for a change. :)

It's the primary season, and she's #2 behind a struggling frontrunner. Make no mistake, the arrows coming at her now are coming from the left. That's not to say there won't be people jumping on the bandwagon, but these are from her current competition.

Almost 50 years ago, it would have been highly unusual for a pregnant teacher (even a married one) NOT to have been "pressured to resign". That pressure would amount to "constructive dismissal".

You might not be aware of this, but while a woman may not be "obviously pregnant" when only three months pregnant (as Ms. Warren was when the second year contract was offered and accepted), it is quite likely that they would be "obviously pregnant" when they were six months pregnant (as Ms. Warren was when her "resignation" was "accepted with regret").

It's the primary season, and she's #2 behind a struggling frontrunner. Make no mistake, the arrows coming at her now are coming from the left. That's not to say there won't be people jumping on the bandwagon, but these are from her current competition.
You sound like Gallup in October 2007:

"Gallup’s 2007 national presidential polling strongly points to Clinton winning the 2008 Democratic nomination. Barring something unusual or otherwise unexpected, she is well positioned for the 2008 Democratic primaries. Obama has not been an insignificant rival: he came within single digits of tying Clinton for the lead at two points this spring. But he has recently lost ground and is now in the weakest position relative to Clinton that he has been in all year."

You sound like Gallup in October 2007:

"Gallup’s 2007 national presidential polling strongly points to Clinton winning the 2008 Democratic nomination. Barring something unusual or otherwise unexpected, she is well positioned for the 2008 Democratic primaries. Obama has not been an insignificant rival: he came within single digits of tying Clinton for the lead at two points this spring. But he has recently lost ground and is now in the weakest position relative to Clinton that he has been in all year."

Don't see the connection there, or the relevance, but ok.

Back
Top Bottom