• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

['W: 998][W:371]Empire' star Jussie Smollett attacked in possible hate crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Empire' star Jussie Smollett attacked in possible hate crime

Another layer to add is that he's surrounded by people blowing smoke up his ***. "Yes" people with a lot to lose if Jussie's career goes into the crapper. His entire family is basically tripling down. Poor Jussie! He's the real victim here! His "crisis manager" is running interference.
Jussie is acting like a man child. He did something really, really terrible and it's time to face the music.

It's going to be very interesting watching this unfold.

No explanation? Hmm...

Just found this tweet; not sure how valid it is:

Nader Issa
‏@NaderDIssa
Follow Follow @NaderDIssa
More
Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx has recused herself from the Jussie Smollett investigation.

"A source told the Sun-Times Foxx is telling judges that she recused herself because she might be distantly related to Smollett." Via @samjcharles:

4:27 PM - 19 Feb 2019

Just found this tweet; not sure how valid it is:

Nader Issa
‏@NaderDIssa
Follow Follow @NaderDIssa
More
Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx has recused herself from the Jussie Smollett investigation.

"A source told the Sun-Times Foxx is telling judges that she recused herself because she might be distantly related to Smollett." Via @samjcharles:

4:27 PM - 19 Feb 2019
I guess were can probably rule out former lovers.

And some are.

My Hispanic office manager's teenage daughter was raped and beaten by their landscaper who was an illegal from Mexico. After he did it he fled back to Mexico and has not been caught to date. In Texas we had 2,342 sexual assault convictions; between 1,375 sexual offense from 6-2011 and 1-2019 committed by illegal aliens. So yes they do have rapists illegally entering the country.

TxDPS - Texas Criminal Alien Arrest Data

It's at a higher rate for natural born citizens.

Illegal immigrants commit fewer violent crimes than natural citizens - Business Insider

To bad he didn't hire a couple of white guys then he could have thrown them under the bus and a Chicago jury might have bought it, The FBI is investigating the letter thing. I bet it falls under a terroristic threat. If so the penalties will be stiff.

To bad he didn't hire a couple of white guys then he could have thrown them under the bus and a Chicago jury might have bought it, The FBI is investigating the letter thing. I bet it falls under a terroristic threat. If so the penalties will be stiff.

That's what I was wondering. Making a threat using the US Mail?

That is a specious argument. We can't deport citizens we are stuck with them. Every crime that an deportable illegal alien commits would have been prevented if they had been deported. We aren't stuck with illegals.

Check out the Texas DPS crime data for illegals. TxDPS - Texas Criminal Alien Arrest Data

Keep in mind that many states like our most populated state California do not keep data on illegals who commit crime. So naturally the crime data on illegal alien crime isn't reliable except in states where it is kept. And to make things worse California is a sanctuary state and actively resists assisting ICE deporting criminal illegals. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

That's what I was wondering. Making a threat using the US Mail?
Yep Somllett may be limited to prison scenes on Empire for the next few years.

I imagine rapists come from Canada as well, or Europeans overstaying visas. South Americans and Asians too. My point is that Trump has engaged in the politics of fear, often bigotry-tinged fear, even before his candidacy.

I presume he thinks it works on a portion of his base, as an extreme version of Nixon’s post-civil rights Southern strategy. Nothing really new here. Read the history of the Know-Nothings, of anti-Irish, Italian and Jewish prejudice of 120 or so years ago. It just has re-appeared in the form of Trump.

I would love to hear a rationale for why an aggravated rape and more that 1,300 sexual offenses over a period of seven and a half years in a single state should be shrugged off as unimportant because people other than from Mexico also commit sexual offenses? Or how that is President Trump's fault?

Smollett's involvement in mystery letter being

[FONT=&quot]The FBI and the US Postal Inspection Service are currently investigating whether Jussie Smollett played a role in sending a threatening letter addressed to him at "Empire’s" Chicago studio prior to the alleged attack, two federal officials confirm to ABC News.

[/FONT]

I would love to hear a rationale for why an aggravated rape and more that 1,300 sexual offenses over a period of seven and a half years in a single state should be shrugged off as unimportant because people other than from Mexico also commit sexual offenses? Or how that is President Trump's fault?

Just because blacks lead the pack in aggravated rapes is no reason to think Smollet is innocent because he is not a real man.:lol:

That is a specious argument.

Check out the Texas DPS crime data for illegals. TxDPS - Texas Criminal Alien Arrest Data

Keep in mind that many states like our most populated state California do not keep data on illegals who commit crime. So naturally the crime data on illegal alien crime isn't reliable except in states where it is kept. And to make things worse California is a sanctuary state and actively resists assisting ICE deporting criminal illegals. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

I wasn't making an argument. I was adding context for more perspective. Natural Borns have a higher violent crime rate, and as they are more numerous as well, overall commit exponentially more violent crimes.

We can't deport citizens we are stuck with them. Every crime that an deportable illegal alien commits would have been prevented if they had been deported. We aren't stuck with illegals.

As a challenged individual told me earlier in this thread, I respond to the above statement with this:

So in a nation of 330 million and 9.1 million crimes per year, I think the "micro-drops" of a few crimes aren't worth your watery eyes, let alone a drop of your tears.

Certainly you agree, as you liked that post. Illegal violent crimes are micro-drops, why do you care?

New video of Smollett attack emerges.

I wasn't making an argument. I was adding context for more perspective. Natural Borns have a higher violent crime rate, and as they are more numerous as well, overall commit exponentially more violent crimes.
AGAIN that is a specious argument. Not even worth injecting into the debate. It has nothing to do with the crime caused by illegals. We can't deport Americans who commit crimes. If we could it would help decrease the crime rate. Like wise if we deport illegal alien criminals it would reduce our crime rate also.

As a challenged individual told me earlier in this thread, I respond to the above statement with this:
I'd LOVE for you to say that to an Angel mom I bet they think their tears are worth it.

I worked as an ER doc for more than 20 years. I have had to tell a family their son didn't make it after he was repeatedly stabbed by an illegal alien. I also took care a Man and his son in law that were stabbed by a carload illegals the son in law was stabbed in the throat and I was able to insert a tracheostomy tube in the stab hole in his throat. Yes I have also taken care of assaults by citizens too. But I think if we can reduce crime even a little we should do it. Also 3 illegals broke into my neighbor's home WHILE SHE WAS THERE. She did run out the door and called the police they caught one and he rolled over on the other two. Two had previous arrest records.

Certainly you agree, as you liked that post. Illegal violent crimes are micro-drops, why do you care?
Again ask an Angel mom why she cares. If it was your family that was damaged you wouldn't be so cavalier.

I'd LOVE for you to say that to an Angel mom I bet they think their tears are worth it.

I worked as an ER doc for more than 20 years. I have had to tell a family their son didn't make it after he was repeatedly stabbed by an illegal alien. I also took care a Man and his son in law that were stabbed by a carload illegals the son in law was stabbed in the throat and I was able to insert a tracheostomy tube in the stab hole in his throat. Yes I have also taken care of assaults by citizens too. But I think if we can reduce crime even a little we should do it. Also 3 illegals broke into my neighbor's home WHILE SHE WAS THERE. She did run out the door and called the police they caught one and he rolled over on the other two. Two had previous arrest records.

Again ask an Angel mom why she cares. If it was your family that was damaged you wouldn't be so cavalier.

This was a sarcastic post, because you liked a post earlier calling hate crimes "not worth your tears" because they made up a small % of total crimes.

A lesson I suppose.

Wow. The **** pile just keeps growing for this guy!
Indeed:
On Tuesday Chicago police were investigating a tip that on the night Smollett reported being attacked by two masked men he was in an elevator of his apartment building with two brothers later arrested and released from custody in the probe.

Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says the person who lives in the building or was visiting someone there reported seeing the three together the night last month that Smollett says two masked men hurled racial and homophobic slurs at him, beat him and looped a rope around his neck. 'Empire' Actor Jussie Smollett Pleaded Guilty to DUI, Providing False Information to Law Enforcement in 2007 - NBC Chicago

I think authorities are looking into whether Smollett planned the entire thing, including the letter
True:
The FBI and the US Postal Inspection Service are currently investigating whether Jussie Smollett played a role in sending a threatening letter addressed to him at "Empire’s" Chicago studio prior to the alleged attack, two federal officials confirm to ABC News.

The accusation, made by the two brothers who were persons of interest, has not been confirmed.

The letter, which was sent Jan. 22, is currently in the FBI crime lab for analysis, one of the sources said. Feds investigating whether Jussie Smollett played a role in sending threatening letter sent to '''Empire''' studios addressed to him - ABC News

AGAIN that is a specious argument. Not even worth injecting into the debate. It has nothing to do with the crime caused by illegals. We can't deport Americans who commit crimes. If we could it would help decrease the crime rate. Like wise if we deport illegal alien criminals it would reduce our crime rate also.

Crimes committed by illegals are preventable. They are crimes that never should have happened in the first place.

Wow! It's awesome watching people who trip over themselves to support the Liar in Chief, go nearly 1400 posts to make a giant deal about some nobody actor who made an ass of himself. lol...if only they could avoid making asses of themselves when they defend the frequent and improbable lies of the President.

Making asses of themselves?
The Trump administration is launching a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay, U.S. officials tell NBC News, a bid aimed in part at denouncing Iran over its human rights record.

U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the highest-profile openly gay person in the Trump administration, is leading the effort, which kicks off Tuesday evening in Berlin. The U.S. embassy is flying in LGBT activists from across Europe for a strategy dinner to plan to push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality —mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.

“It is concerning that, in the 21st century, some 70 countries continue to have laws that criminalize LGBTI status or conduct,” said a U.S. official involved in organizing the event. Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

It’s obviously not Trump’s fault, and is not unimportant. What is his fault is using immigrant crime, which happens at a lower rate than crimes by citizens, to whip up anti-immigrant sentiment. He offered no stats; he just says whatever he wants to make a point. His attacks on Mexican migrants were no different than other examples I gave: he suggested that Syrian refugees are not vetted, that blacks kill most white homicide victims, or that there were Middle Easterners in the migrant caravan. Strangely, all these folks have darker skin. It’s not that Trump is racist. Who knows? But he promotes fear and resentments, using race to enhance those emotions, and is indifferent, if not hostile to laws and treaties he is required to uphold. Why else would he spread patently false info on black homicide? He knows that appeals to the fears of some of his base. His is a strategy used by demagogues around the world. Small wonder that he has expressed admiration for their tactics and wishes that he could ignore the law as they do. His history in this regard preceded his candidacy. Look up the ads he placed in the NY papers during the Central Park Five case.

One question on the stats: if a legal immigrant commits a crime, he can lose his legal status and is subject to deportation. Such folks are often referred to as “criminal aliens.” Were your stats regarding crimes committed by legal immigrants or by illegals?

Wow! It's awesome watching people who trip over themselves to support the Liar in Chief, go nearly 1400 posts to make a giant deal about some nobody actor who made an ass of himself. lol...if only they could avoid making asses of themselves when they defend the frequent and improbable lies of the President.

The lies of Trump do not excuse the lies of Smollett. The vigor of the response here is a reaction to the festival of Trump bashing Smollett's lie triggered. I'm not a Trump supporter myself, but I enjoy the spectacle of self-righteous liberals roasting over a fire they set themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom