• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

['W: 998][W:371]Empire' star Jussie Smollett attacked in possible hate crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Empire' star Jussie Smollett attacked in possible hate crime

It was a professional contract with a detective & security company.

Yeah from the same hometown and the fact that they payed them to do it is what I suppose that makes it 'professional'.

Oh boy! A hometown investigation! Of course they found it convenient to ignore the political implications of of all them wearing red MAGA hats and performing the tomahawk chop and what the eye witnesses there said or even interview Mr Phillips. Like I said this 'investigation' isn't even worth bothering with.

One kid out of the group confusedly did the tomahawk chop when confronted with a toothless, crazy looking indian getting in their face with no explanation. He probably learned it at one of the multiple ball parks in this country that treat it as a sign of support for their teams.

Seriously though, I'd hate to see facts get in the way of a good narrative. If we let facts in, we have to admit the kids did nothing wrong and the indian american should be facing charges of stolen valor and more. The whole BS story could completely fall apart!

One kid out of the group confusedly did the tomahawk chop when confronted with a toothless, crazy looking indian getting in their face with no explanation. He probably learned it at one of the multiple ball parks in this country that treat it as a sign of support for their teams.

Seriously though, I'd hate to see facts get in the way of a good narrative. If we let facts in, we have to admit the kids did nothing wrong and the indian american should be facing charges of stolen valor and more. The whole BS story could completely fall apart!

"crazy looking indian" Nice! :roll:

"crazy looking indian" Nice! :roll:

Oh, so you haven't seen it? Check out the hours of video backing up everything I said. Including crazy indian. He even looks it, too. Listen to him speak if you want a real good laugh.

What kind of asinine logic is that? You think Chicago is somehow completely devoid of right wingers?

Firstly, no. California has both right and left wing members in it. Though with how things have been over the past two years. Right wingers really aren't as active in the open, due to the open hostilities from the left.

Secondly. If you've not realized it yet, MAGA isn't considered by the right as a divisive term. It's a unifying term that they use positively and in no way that I've ever seen it used, has it been used in such a negative context.

But seeing as this attack was most likely stage, given the recent events coming to light. It's far more possible that the term was used negatively, simply for that same reason.

I saw that this morning. Don't these idiots know we have them on video saying these things?

Yep, it is amazing how fast their positions can evolve.

Ouch! I bet you wish you could take this knee jerk reaction down now eh? No klan here just a TDSer committing a hate crime. I wonder if you will cite the actual hate crime now or not.

:lamo

Jussie Smollett attacked in possible hate crime - CNN This is disturbing. It's slowly becoming 1954 America again. There's a troubling documentary on Netflix about the resurgence of the Klan. What I took away from watching it besides a group of insecure people blaming others for their problems is that they should recruit members with some teeth.

So do have any apology for spreading false news? Do you feel that you have been completely suckered by the leftist media? We haven't seen you in your own thread so I was wondering if that was why.

You're not really going to blame this on Trump are you?
If you are, note that hate crimes rose from last year when Trump was also president.
The reason there has been a spike is because agencies were under-reporting prior to 2018.

Hate Crimes Increase for the Third Consecutive Year, F.B.I. Reports - The New York Times

That NY Times article gives people the very strong and unmistakable impression that an explosion of violence, racial hatred and intolerance by white people, inspired of course by Donald Trump, is directly responsible for the spike in reported hate crimes. The article recalled 6 different incidents over the last couple of years that were motivated by racism, hatred, or intolerance, and not only was a white person the perpetrator in every single one of them, but the author made sure for each incident to specifically point that out to his readers.

Well, I decided to do a little reading at the FBI website and you're not going to believe this, but it appears the NY Times mislead their (gullible) readers into believing something that simply isn't supported by the actual crime statistics.

For instance, if the increase in hate crimes was due to racist, intolerant white people motivated by Trump, then you would expect the percentage of them committed by white people to have significantly increased over the norm, while the percentage committed by other races, like for instance black people, to have significantly gone down... but that hasn't happened.

Over the last 8 years, since 2010 (as far back as I could find) white people, who make up 72% of the US population, have been responsible for committing 52.8% of the hate crimes. Black people, who make up less than 13% of the US population, have been responsible for 22.8% of those crimes. Now according to the 2017 crime report cited by the Times, white people were responsible for 50.7% of those crimes , while black people committed 21.3% of them. Not only is that not a significant increase in the percentage of white hate crime offenders, it's actually 2.1% lower. Hell, back in 2010 and 2011 white offenders were responsible for committing nearly 60% of hate crimes.

Since there has been no significant change in the racial makeup of hate crime offenders over the last decade, it's not only ridiculous for the Times or anyone else to blame the increase on Trump and his invisible white army of racist supporters (that to this day I've never as much as one), it's a flat out lie.... Something that over the last decade, the left and their always faithful allies in the MSM have increasingly relied upon to maintain their political relevance.

Here's a thought... Ya think the increase in hate crimes might have something to do with the social divide that's taken place over the last decade due to the identity politics and race-card strategy adopted by the left? I mean who really thought that 10 years of the left labeling everyone they disagree with politically as racists, bigots, homophobes, nazis, etc... wasn't going to result in the societal up evil we are now experiencing?

That NY Times article gives people the very strong and unmistakable impression that an explosion of violence, racial hatred and intolerance by white people, inspired of course by Donald Trump, is directly responsible for the spike in reported hate crimes. The article recalled 6 different incidents over the last couple of years that were motivated by racism, hatred, or intolerance, and not only was a white person the perpetrator in every single one of them, but the author made sure for each incident to specifically point that out to his readers.

Well, I decided to do a little reading at the FBI website and you're not going to believe this, but it appears the NY Times mislead their (gullible) readers into believing something that simply isn't supported by the actual crime statistics.

For instance, if the increase in hate crimes was due to racist, intolerant white people motivated by Trump, then you would expect the percentage of them committed by white people to have significantly increased over the norm, while the percentage committed by other races, like for instance black people, to have significantly gone down... but that hasn't happened.

Over the last 8 years, since 2010 (as far back as I could find) white people, who make up 72% of the US population, have been responsible for committing 52.8% of the hate crimes. Black people, who make up less than 13% of the US population, have been responsible for 22.8% of those crimes. Now according to the 2017 crime report cited by the Times, white people were responsible for 50.7% of those crimes , while black people committed 21.3% of them. Not only is that not a significant increase in the percentage of white hate crime offenders, it's actually 2.1% lower. Hell, back in 2010 and 2011 white offenders were responsible for committing nearly 60% of hate crimes.

Since there has been no significant change in the racial makeup of hate crime offenders over the last decade, it's not only ridiculous for the Times or anyone else to blame the increase on Trump and his invisible white army of racist supporters (that to this day I've never as much as one), it's a flat out lie.... Something that over the last decade, the left and their always faithful allies in the MSM have increasingly relied upon to maintain their political relevance.

Here's a thought... Ya think the increase in hate crimes might have something to do with the social divide that's taken place over the last decade due to the identity politics and race-card strategy adopted by the left? I mean who really thought that 10 years of the left labeling everyone they disagree with politically as racists, bigots, homophobes, nazis, etc... wasn't going to result in the societal up evil we are now experiencing?

Presenting facts should not be used in order to discount a genuinely emptional position.

Smollett is a moron. I hope he goes to jail.

This guy ****ed up big time! :lamo

It's pretty amazing, really. It's almost like he had a "How to **** up" checklist and he checked all the boxes.

I don't think demonizing people is right, any people. Trump must be a leftist, since he has demonized and marginalized Muslims, Syrian refugees, blacks, illegals, criminal suspects, and migrant asylum seekers, among others. He deals in fear. Obama said a cop acted stupidly, then invited the cop and the guy he interacted to to talk things over. When Trump does something similar, get back in touch.

making crap up doesn't work well. you should stop your paint brush fallacies because they only work on low information people.
not people that actually know what is going on.

Talking heads on TV are reporting that he staged the attack because the earlier threatening letter addressed to him, that he wrote himself, didn't garner enough attention and sympathy for himself. This guy is the quintessential posterboy for Black Lives Matter and the LGBTers.

NYT article is behind a paywall, so I found the equivalent info in a BBC article, and there it says ...

"... The rise in hate crimes is attributed to an increase of about 1,000 police departments that are now choosing to report these incidents, the FBI says. ..."

which means if those 1,000 police departments continued not to report, would we still see an increase ... or might it even show a decrease?

FBI: Spike in US hate crimes for third year in a row - BBC News

I think Jesse has demonstrated for us why we see a rise in reported incidences of hate crime.

Talking heads on TV are reporting that he staged the attack because the earlier threatening letter addressed to him, that he wrote himself, didn't garner enough attention and sympathy for himself. This guy is the quintessential posterboy for Black Lives Matter and the LGBTers.
Birds of a feather...

c03d5e14c783ef882cb059bd9c2a8200.jpg

Yeah from the same hometown and the fact that they payed them to do it is what I suppose that makes it 'professional'.

The company has their own reputation to uphold. Your position is really just denial.

Jack you can post that same crap in as many times and as in many different forms as you like, But it won't change anything. We all saw what happened.

Wait...are you still...STILL...clinging to the idiotic leftist narrative that it was the KIDS that were at fault in that incident?

:lamo

The media is no different than any of the Trump deranged leftist twats. They fall for it because they want so desperately for it to be true. And even when they are exposed to be hoaxes they remain committed to the lies. Because in their mind it COULD be true, therefore it MUST be true, even when it is proven to not be true.

The company has their own reputation to uphold. Your position is really just denial.

The school's Catholic diocese had their own ass to protect. The family of the kid who engaged in that mocking stare-down with Phillips is apparently very affluent. They hired a high powered public relations firm to help protect their son and threatened file a defamation lawsuit against the diocese. So no pressure there, right Jack? :roll: Open your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom