• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:91] FBI arrests man who threatened Boston Globe reporters over editorial critical of Trump

Re: FBI arrests man who threatened Boston Globe reporters over editorial critical of Trump

And leading the way is Mr. President. All that divisive threatening talk from trump and looky what we get. I guy parroting the same exact words.

FBI arrests man who threatened Boston Globe reporters over editorial critical of Trump

A man was charged on Thursday with threatening to kill employees of The Boston Globe after the paper's decision to coordinate a national response to President Donald Trump's attacks on the media, according to a release issued by the Justice Department. In more than a dozen phone calls to the newspaper, Robert Chain, 68, allegedly threatened to kill Globe employees and referred to the publication as "the enemy of the people," according to the release.

"You're the enemy of the people, and we're going to kill every one of you," Chain allegedly said in that phone call, adding an expletive, according to a transcript obtained by NBC News. Chain referred to special counsel Robert Mueller, asking: "Why don't you call Mueller, maybe he can help you out buddy."​

Good....I hope he spends a great deal of time as a guest of the Gray Bar Hotel.....violence and threats of violence are never acceptable.

Re: FBI arrests man who threatened Boston Globe reporters over editorial critical of Trump

The man is arrested and charged. He deserves that.
And while that's going on, perhaps this might be a good time to reflect on the level of vitriol that passes for news, discussion and debate.
Can we honestly say that the MSM has declared a war of words with Trump? Ya...I think that's a pretty safe thing to say.
Is Trump justified in calling the MSM "enemies of the state"? Well, when the 5th estate begins a common slander campaign against the POTUS, the half of the nation that voted for the POTUS, are likely to get a tad pissed. This causes the natural rift in the USA, to widen and become more pronounced, more aggressive, and much more dangerous. So ya...I don't think its much of a stretch to call the MSM, "enemies of the state".

What Lefties don't seem to have in abundance is brains. The capacity to do something that's not damaging to the nation as a whole, yet target the thorn in their collective foot. What is Donald J Trump? Well...he's a shady real estate guy, marketer, and most importantly...an attention freak. So how does one go about driving such a person to distraction WITHOUT insulting half the nation?

DON'T BLOODY REPORT ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!

But the left has already gone to far for that...so it'll get worse. Just watch.

Every thing Trump gets he deserves because he says stupid negative things and is his own worst enemy. If he would just shut his trap for once the media wouldn't have negative things to report. And no it's not slander. It has to be untrue to be slander or libel for that matter. Everything the media reports on Trump can usually be quoted in his own words or you can see him saying it on video.

And you want no reporting on Trump at all? Come on please come back to the real world. The media has a job to do. The only media that doesn't report on state leaders is state run media as in Russia and other dictatorships. As ugly as it is, I want my media to report on our politicians. They already get away with too much as it is -- at least in the short run until the media reports it.

Last edited:

1.) correct YOU did, i didnt and its just like i said. You posted it as part of your made up dishonest, hypocritical, biased narrative that honest educated and objective people right left and center dont take seriously
2.) wrong again, not by me .. . by facts. It was FACTUALLY biased, dishonest (or ignorant pick one) and hypocritical. This is why you still havent tried to defend it because it cant be done If you disagree by all means PLEASE support your FACTUALLY biased, dishonest (or ignorant pick one) and hypocritical claims, thanks!
3.) if you are tired threes an easy solution. dont post FACTUALLY biased, dishonest (or ignorant pick one) and hypocritical nonsense then it cant get get called out, destroyed and exposed for the nonsensical drivel it is by posters left right and center. :shrug:

again You're welcome and good luck!

You sure take allot of liberties with the word FACTUAL, don't ya.
However, I'm not fooled by your intense need to present yourself as some beacon of truth, and I find it presumptuous as hell that you continually say BS like
YOU said:
exposed for the nonsensical drivel it is by posters left right and center
Its only "drivel" to you "J" and your fellow SJWs because, and this is just my analysis here but, you seem to have in intense need for social acceptance.
In short, you've come, you've spewed forth your usual sound-bytes, making claims to fact that are completely unfounded and just basic nonsense, and appreantly think you've taught me something.
:lamo
"J"...you're not that complex. I had you figured out a long time ago.
I...sometimes...actually feel sorry for you...sometimes.

He targeted Republicans. That's all that matters.

Are you saying all republicans are deplorable? I always thought Clinton implied it was the ones stupid enough to vote for Trump especially people like this:

E3Oil23m.jpg

Last edited:

Every thing Trump gets he deserves because he says stupid negative things and is his own worst enemy. If he would just shut his trap for once the media wouldn't have negative things to report. And no it's not slander. It has to be untrue to be slander or libel for that matter. Everything the media reports on Trump can usually be quoted in his own words.
His calculation is pretty sound. On average, a little over 35% of the eligible voters show up at the polls in off year elections. He's making sure 100% of the 30% who have his back vote. The risk is jacking up the turnout among the 65% who don't vote in midterms but just might because they are 100% against him.

So far, the jury is out on whether or not that is happening.

You want the press to stop doing their job, because Trump incites violence half the time he opens his stupid yap?
How about suggesting Trump tone it down? He's the source, root cause (his supporters).

Nah, too easy to blame "Everyone but FOx news and Trump loyalists!!", because that's not obviously stupid or anything.

vdljnpMm.jpg

How did you like it when Obama went after reporters that he didn't like?

Is that right? Please show where Obama incited even one case of violence against the press. I'll be waiting.

wow another freaking loon..... its so sad that these types of nutters exist.. heck some of them post here... while they are very entertaining to mock and laugh at we see some of them are so deranged criminal activity based on delusion isnt beyond them

You forgot to mention he used the president's own words in his rant.

Last edited:

Every thing Trump gets he deserves because he says stupid negative things and is his own worst enemy. If he would just shut his trap for once the media wouldn't have negative things to report. And no it's not slander. It has to be untrue to be slander or libel for that matter. Everything the media reports on Trump can usually be quoted in his own words or you can see him saying it on video.

And you want no reporting on Trump at all? Come on please come back to the real world. The media has a job to do. The only media that doesn't report on state leaders is state run media as in Russia and other dictatorships. As ugly as it is, I want my media to report on our politicians. They already get away with too much as it is -- at least in the short run until the media reports it.

You speak of slander. Have you watched Don Lemon go into his act lately?

You'll likely get what you want. The slander and the lies will continue. Yes, Trump should learn to shut up sometimes. But I think he's betting that the more he can keep the media acting like annoying little butt-hurt babies, the better his chances of winning further elections.

Good....I hope he spends a great deal of time as a guest of the Gray Bar Hotel.....violence and threats of violence are never acceptable.

But, but he was authorised by the President himself! He incites violence against the media for doing their job.

You'll likely get what you want. The slander and the lies will continue. Yes, Trump should learn to shut up sometimes. But I think he's betting that the more he can keep the media acting like annoying little butt-hurt babies, the better his chances of winning further elections.

You don't even know what slander and libel is in legal terms. It has to be patently false to be so. So far Trump gives people like Don Lemon plenty of ammunition to quote him on and if anyone is a butt-hurt baby it's people like you. You keep whining about how unfair the media is to your orange God. Get over it and realize he doesn't even come close to being what a president should be. And he keeps saying and doing things that are a magnet for the press to report on.

A man was charged on Thursday with threatening to kill employees of The Boston Globe after the paper's decision to coordinate a national response to President Donald Trump's attacks on the media, according to a release issued by the Justice Department. In more than a dozen phone calls to the newspaper, Robert Chain, 68, allegedly threatened to kill Globe employees and referred to the publication as "the enemy of the people," according to the release.

He can still vote in the November election. When is Fox News is going to book him?

VpTnyB2m.jpg

We are where incitement is as incitement does.

You can’t honestly be so childish that you believe this right? So can we blame Obama and left wing politicians for the violence of antifa? Is that how this works? You are just “frustrated” with Trump and mad you didn’t get your way in the election. Right? And so you resort to blaming one person for actions they have no control over.

How about this: 12 days after trump took office there were 12,000 death threats on twitter.

https://mashable.com/2017/02/02/threatening-posts-secret-service/

So can we blame YOU and the Democrats for inciting violence? No? Right? For some obscure logic loophole that makes it acceptable for the left? And it wouldn’t just be one more example of the extreme childishness and cognitive dissonance shown by grown ass adults in our bull**** victim culture where people don’t want to take responsibility and ALSO want to constantly point fingers at others in this ridiculous us vs them mentality.

You don't even know what slander and libel is in legal terms. It has to be patently false to be so. So far Trump gives people like Don Lemon plenty of ammunition to quote him on and if anyone is a butt-hurt baby it's people like you. You keep whining about how unfair the media is to your orange God. Get over it and realize he doesn't even come close to being what a president should be. And he keeps saying and doing things that are a magnet for the press to report on.

BAHAHAHA....
You are gonna teach me what slander is.
BAHAHAHA....
My orange God...I'm Canadain…
BAHAHAHA....

Please try to make this a challenge...
BAHAHAHA....

You call the crap ANTIFA and its followers get up to...etiquette?
PC. You said PC. I think being "PC" is about being considerate/appropriate when in public, but especially in a social or media platform where thousands are listening.
You know, basic behavior skills.

Dude...I'm Canadian. And why are you down playing the PC movement?
But I'll thank you now, for not putting words in my mouth. I never anything about tact. In fact, I'd say PC types have a sort of selective tact that disappears when the SJW takes over and out come the insults and shouting.
Because it's bull****. PC "movement"? who are the leaders of this movement? What was their funding level last year? Good lord man, that's crazy.

What oppression might we be talkin' 'bout here Mach? What are you afraid of? I've never heard Trump say he wanted anyone's speech oppressed. Have you?
Ask yourself, it was your claim! We were talking about the oppression YOU said you were concerned about...you don't seem to have the attention span necessary to follow your own debate?
So being "PC" you absurdly believe is a big movement.
And you think Americans should be voting based on opposition to this non-existing "PC Platform", and against SJWs...another non-existent serious platform.
And how do you think a U.S. president you elected to oppose those, will fulfill that promise? You tell me. If it is oppressive, then you are saying you oppose oppression while you encourage it.
If not oppressive, then what's he gonna do...beg them to stop? Do tell! Maybe you can explain your claims, maybe you can't...by all means try.

So wait, you think demagogue's are not common in history? You think they are trivial to defeat politically? Oh do please explain to us with your vast intellect, all about this.
Should be good....

Last edited:

You sure take allot of liberties with the word FACTUAL, don't ya.
However, I'm not fooled by your intense need to present yourself as some beacon of truth, and I find it presumptuous as hell that you continually say BS like

Its only "drivel" to you "J" and your fellow SJWs because, and this is just my analysis here but, you seem to have in intense need for social acceptance.
In short, you've come, you've spewed forth your usual sound-bytes, making claims to fact that are completely unfounded and just basic nonsense, and appreantly think you've taught me something.
:lamo
"J"...you're not that complex. I had you figured out a long time ago.
I...sometimes...actually feel sorry for you...sometimes.

Hey look ANOTHER long post full of deflections and dodges because you know you cant defend your biased, dishonest (or ignorant pick one) and hypocritical claims LMAO This is awesome. You even posted YOUR go to dishonest narrative of SJW again. Tell us more! :)
Fact remains your post was FACTUALLY biased, dishonest (or ignorant pick one) and hypocritical. Let us know when you can prove otherwise, we are waiting, thanks!

who bets my request is dodged and ran from again?

And leading the way is Mr. President. All that divisive threatening talk from trump and looky what we get. I guy parroting the same exact words.

FBI arrests man who threatened Boston Globe reporters over editorial critical of Trump

"You're the enemy of the people, and we're going to kill every one of you," Chain allegedly said in that phone call, adding an expletive, according to a transcript obtained by NBC News. Chain referred to special counsel Robert Mueller, asking: "Why don't you call Mueller, maybe he can help you out buddy."​

Just seen a report that this guy had 20 guns stashed in his place. Might have nipped this one just in time.

"You're the enemy of the people, and we're going to kill every one of you," Chain allegedly said in that phone call, adding an expletive, according to a transcript obtained by NBC News.

"Enemy of the people"? What a curious phrase. I wonder where he came up with that.

PC. You said PC. I think being "PC" is about being considerate/appropriate when in public, but especially in a social or media platform where thousands are listening.
You know, basic behavior skills.

Because it's bull****. PC "movement"? who are the leaders of this movement? What was their funding level last year? Good lord man, that's crazy.

Ask yourself, it was your claim! We were talking about the oppression YOU said you were concerned about...you don't seem to have the attention span necessary to follow your own debate?
So being "PC" you absurdly believe is a big movement.
And you think Americans should be voting based on opposition to this non-existing "PC Platform", and against SJWs...another non-existent serious platform.
And how do you think a U.S. president you elected to oppose those, will fulfill that promise? You tell me. If it is oppressive, then you are saying you oppose oppression while you encourage it.
If not oppressive, then what's he gonna do...beg them to stop? Do tell! Maybe you can explain your claims, maybe you can't...by all means try.

So wait, you think demagogue's are not common in history? You think they are trivial to defeat politically? Oh do please explain to us with your vast intellect, all about this.
Should be good....

You are going to deny the existence of the PC movement. OK.
Lets start with a small Huff Post article.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/samara-wolpe/the-pc-movement-has-gone-_b_8332644.html

Now lets get a definition.
The term political correctness (adjectivally: politically correct; commonly abbreviated to PC or P.C.) is used to describe language, policies, or measures that are intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society.[1][2][3][4][5] Since the late 1980s, the term has come to refer to avoiding language or behavior that can be seen as excluding, marginalizing, or insulting groups of people considered disadvantaged or discriminated against, especially groups defined by sex or race. In public discourse and the media, it is generally used as a pejorative, implying that these policies are excessive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness
From the article, I found the following quote from Stuart Hall interesting.
According to one version, political correctness actually began as an in-joke on the left: radical students on American campuses acting out an ironic replay of the Bad Old Days BS (Before the Sixties) when every revolutionary groupuscule had a party line about everything. They would address some glaring examples of sexist or racist behaviour by their fellow students in imitation of the tone of voice of the Red Guards or Cultural Revolution Commissar: "Not very 'politically correct', Comrade!"

As for funding. I'd have to say the universities are funding the teachings of Political Correctness and by extension, are advocating for the legal imposition of some speech and ideas, while also advocating for the imposed illegality of other speech and ideas. I also think Soros does a pretty good job of funding extreme Marxist-like organizations like...ANTIFA.

OK now look...as a CANADIAN, I can't VOTE in the USA. So its not me, who elected him to office. That would be...your neighbor. And Trump did attempt to walk the tight rope created by this social engineering wave, by trying to not take sides after the Charloettesville tragedy. And for this effort, he received a backlash of epic proportions. As for what's Trump gonna do about it...he's been doing it all along. He's correctly identified the MSM as an enemy of the state, for broadcasting falsehoods and a twisted version of facts, in order to serve their PC agenda, and their anti-Trump agenda.

I'm saying Trump should be easy to defeat without all the high-pitched whining and 24/7 media blitz.
But that would mean giving up a favorite pastime of the PC/SJW crowd. Like sky-screaming.

Last edited:

Hey look ANOTHER long post full of deflections and dodges because you know you cant defend your biased, dishonest (or ignorant pick one) and hypocritical claims LMAO This is awesome. You even posted YOUR go to dishonest narrative of SJW again. Tell us more! :)
Fact remains your post was FACTUALLY biased, dishonest (or ignorant pick one) and hypocritical. Let us know when you can prove otherwise, we are waiting, thanks!

who bets my request is dodged and ran from again?

Dodging what "J"? It absolutely amazes me that you spend so much time, saying so little. I mean...you've certainly got condescension down pat. But the rest of the act...kind o' lacking in the argument department. Just an endless litany of condescension of accusation. Oh...with a generally heaping helping of self-praise.
And that's why I feel sorry for you "J". I can only imagine what must have happened, to drive you to this level of, what looks to me like, revenge on society.

I'm surprised that he didn't settle on shooting up a softball field.

The paper doesn't have a softball team??? Guess they don't have rallies in Arizona parking lots either- sure ya wanna play this game??? :peace

paintbrush fallacies are the only argument people can come up with now. the guy was a loon i am glad he is in jail just as he should be.

Ahhh hail no....

There are a multitude of arguments against the incendiary rhetoric of the Puffer in Chief. 'The guy' is almost always a 'loon'- be it Islamic terrorist or lone gunman in an Arizona parking lot or DC softball field. Excusing such people as loons only deflects from the big picture- politicians inciting violence.

Be it a Dem calling for the White House to burn or any of the myriad of Trump insane rants... time for it to stop... :peace

Dodging what "J"? It absolutely amazes me that you spend so much time, saying so little. I mean...you've certainly got condescension down pat. But the rest of the act...kind o' lacking in the argument department. Just an endless litany of condescension of accusation. Oh...with a generally heaping helping of self-praise.
And that's why I feel sorry for you "J". I can only imagine what must have happened, to drive you to this level of, what looks to me like, revenge on society.

Translation: i called it perfectly, another dodge and theres STILL nothing to support your biased, dishonest (or topically ignorant, pick one) and hypocritical claims. Got it LMAO

Please let us know when you can support your claims, thanks

That Trump repeatedly condemns news organization as “enemies of the people” can only contribute to inciting nutjobs to violence against news people. That they are “nutjobs” does not excuse the kind of comments Trump makes.

It is obvious and not subtle when Trump condemns a “nutjob” liberal for shooting up a GOP game but says nothing about an American Nazi killing a woman peacefully protesting at a contentious demonstration in Charlottesville, Virginia. Instead, he said there were “Bad people on both sides”. In fact, the only time he singled-out one side was when he said “'Now because of what's happened since then, with Antifa… I said, you got some very bad people on the other side also, which is true.'”

Trump’s divisive language of “both sides” being equally to blame and terms like “the other side” and naming Antifa in the pejorative but not white supremacists singularly only serves to favor extreme right-wing violence if not at least draw a moral equivalency between “sides”. Trump has never singled-out right-wing hate groups, the KKK, white supremacists, white nationalist, neo-Nazis. Not once. It’s always about condemning “both sides”:

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides,"

"Racism is evil -- and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,"

"We must come together as a nation. I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence.”

The political right-wing has used Antifa as the equivalency factor in an attempt to equalize the violence occurring at demonstrations by white nationalists/supremacists/Nazis where Antifa counter-demonstrates. However, Antifa is considerably less violent. And, whereas the extreme right-wing openly supports Trump, Antifa is apolitical. They are basically anarchists:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...wings-effect-on-the-quiet-rise-of-violen.html

The fact is, there is a great deal more violence caused by the extreme right-wing than the left. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism, said that statistics show that radical leftists have been dramatically less likely to kill people than their counterparts on the opposite side.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

Overall, there is considerably more violence perpetrated by right-wing extremists than by the left. In fact, there is such violence from the right wing that the main terrorist threat in the United States is not from violent Muslim extremists, but from right-wing extremists.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/opinion/the-other-terror-threat.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...most-extremist-killings-2017-adl-says-n838896

Another fact most worthy of attention. White supremacist and other far-right extremist groups have killed 51 police officers from 1990 to the beginning of 2018 according to a report published by the Anti-Defamation League . Left-wing extremist groups, including black nationalists, killed 11 during the same period.

Read more here: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article196423174.html#storylink=cpy

To minimize the threat this Boston Globe caller was and is, ignores the reality of a genuine threat. When there’s a mass shooting, we all point to the prior warning signs that the shooter was unstable and ready to do harm. Globe did the right thing to report the incident and law enforcement did their job to prevent something that could have gotten a lot worse.

Meanwhile, threats to news organization are on the rise, as is overall extreme right-wing violence. Trump’s rhetoric only serves to exhort violence by the extreme right-wing and, by confrontation, by the likes of Antifa to a lesser degree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom