• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:88]ABC News puts their bias on display in interview with Ivanka

Re: ABC News puts their bias on display in interview with Ivanka

Did you not read post #1 and the first page of this thread?

That is literally the exact precise **** thing I did that triggered my post here.

That is laid out in easily understandable english.

Then you need to go back to middle school and re-learn it, because you're horrifically laughably pathetically wrong. You're so ****ing wrong in fact its giving me a migraine.

He hates anything Trump and just as my 6 year old nephew, is incapable of seeing beyond his hatred.

I'd have to agree. Around the bend, as one might say.

She claims she didn't know the rules in other interviews. Now she claims she does. So why isn't what she said hours ago privy to your scope now?? You'd make a very poor investigator. Oh I know. It goes against your agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, we are not discussing anything but her interview with ABC News.

Nothing Ivanka Trump said to Roberts was inaccurate, which is why Roberts didn't object to, or challenge anything she said and why you can't point one thing out from that video.

Did Ivanka answer her question truthfully, accurately and completely?
Answer: Yes, she did.

Was there any justification for Roberts asking Ivanka the same question again, after Ivanka had just fully answered it?
Answer: No, there wasn't.

You have failed to post a logical objection that would justify how Roberts conducted that series of questions, and have used blatant lies in your arguments. Unless you can point out something Ivanka said in her answers that would justify Roberts repeating her question, then you haven't a leg to stand on.

Ivanka hasn't produced any evidence backing up her new claims. Until she does I am allowed to be skeptical. Will you hold her accountable for that evidence or just blindly trust a known liar again?

Since I've never blindly trusted, I'm going to wait for a bit and see what else develops.

Hell, I'm sure that some House Dem chairman is going to issue a subpoena about this, and conduct, say several months of testimony to a result of a great big nothing burger, and dress it all up as Russian collusion. :screwy

Since I've never blindly trusted, I'm going to wait for a bit and see what else develops.

Hell, I'm sure that some House Dem chairman is going to issue a subpoena about this, and conduct, say several months of testimony to a result of a great big nothing burger, and dress it all up as Russian collusion. :screwy

Well I mean if she did email Russians using her personal email wouldn't she be lying about that now???

ABC News puts their bias on display in interview with Ivanka

Dude, we are not discussing anything but her interview with ABC News.

Dude yes we are!! She lied multiple times on numerous topics and hasn't produced evidence proving herself. It doesn't matter if you can pick out the three seconds where she maybe didn't lie. That's just being a propagandist.

Well I mean if she did email Russians using her personal email wouldn't she be lying about that now???

A great loss of credibility when accusations are made with little more than implication and innuendo and no facts or proof.

Seems all the left are capable of these days.

A great loss of credibility when accusations are made with little more than implication and innuendo and no facts or proof.

Seems all the left are capable of these days.

Not much of a stretch considering the mess daddy and hubby and bros are in.

Dude yes we are!! She lied multiple times on numerous topics and hasn't produced evidence proving herself. It doesn't matter if you can pick out the three seconds where she maybe didn't lie. That's just being a propagandist.

Sorry, but you are wrong... None of that has anything to do with her interview with Roberts and doesn't justify asking a question that was already answered.

So you have nothing... Don't feel bad, because nobody else does either.

Why would I feel bad, like I said I dont give a toss, its just fun watching the Righties defend Princess Trump. Kinda stupid of her not to be aware of basic cyber security. Typical Trump, they think they are above the law.

Sorry, but you are wrong... None of that has anything to do with her interview with Roberts and doesn't justify asking a question that was already answered.

Awww poor Princess Trump. She seems over it, follow her lead.

The phrase you are looking for is "Badgering the witness", and it is most certainly not OK.

Good courts dont allow it and good journalists dont do it.

This is open and shut.

Moderator's Warning:
Everyone needs to stop with the personal commentary and stick to the topic of the thread. Which is an interview by ABC with Ivanka Trump. Anything discussed outside of that will get you booted from the thread with possible infractions.

Skimmed through this and find the same old, worn out crap from the lefties.
Lots of accusations and excuses for an amateurish interviewer.

You haven't answered the most important question. Why should I trust Ivanka?

You haven't answered the most important question. Why should I trust Ivanka?

You don't have to trust her to see the obvious bias of Roberts.

In the middle of that clip, Roberts said to her "But people see it as the same" and Ivanka responded "People who want to see it as the same, see it as the same." She may not have known it at the time, but Ivanka had just described Roberts herself.

You don't have to trust her to see the obvious bias of Roberts.

Yes. I do. You are saying Ivanka didn't lie when I already proved she did. There is no reason for me to trust what she is saying now, and you haven't given me a reason to. End of discussion.

Yes. I do. You are saying Ivanka didn't lie when I already proved she did. There is no reason for me to trust what she is saying now, and you haven't given me a reason to. End of discussion.

Point out the lie Ivanka told in that interview. A timestamp will do.

If you can't, your defense of Roberts completely crumbles.

Skimmed through this and find the same old, worn out crap from the lefties.
Lots of accusations and excuses for an amateurish interviewer.

I was hoping for an honest dialog, but once again it seems there's none to be had.

It's either Roberts didn't get an answer to her question and was justified asking it again, or she did get an answer but that answer didn't meet with her political perspective, so she asked it again. I don't see any other choices here.

I was hoping for an honest dialog, but once again it seems there's none to be had.

It's either Roberts didn't get an answer to her question and was justified asking it again, or she did get an answer but that answer didn't meet with her political perspective, so she asked it again. I don't see any other choices here.

Because there are no other choices. But that won't stop the whining.
Ya see...they figure that the more they whine, the better the chances of "Getting Trump".
Its a game. And it gonna end poorly for them.

ABC News reporter Deborah Roberts interviewed Ivanka Trump and it was a textbook display of an agenda driven interview.

Roberts brought up the subject of Ivanka's emails (which you can see for yourself here) and asked her about using her private email for White House business and how that was similar to what Hillary Clinton did. That was a completely legitimate question for Roberts to ask and Ivanka proceeded to explain what she did, how it met with WH protocols and listed several reasons why it was nothing like what Hillary Clinton had done. And just to be clear, there is no comparison between the two. What Ivanka did was perfectly in line with WH protocols, was above board and known by everyone, everything was archived on government servers, no classified information was involved, and no emails were deleted... as Ivanka pointed out to Roberts.

Then at the 1:42 mark in the clip, as if Roberts was on another planet an didn't hear a word Ivanka said, displayed her political agenda by attempting to defend Hillary Clinton and portray Donald Trump as a hypocrite, by basically repeating the same question she just asked Ivanka and Ivanka had answered. This time though, Roberts pushed the hypocrite angle even harder:

"but your father hammered Hillary Clinton on this. Said that it was criminal, she should be locked up. How was it wrong for her but not for you?"

I couldn't believe my ears... It reminded me of that ridiculous interview of Jordan Peterson done by Cathy Newman of the BBC.

I have been watching ABC news for quite a long time now. I believe it is the highest rated of the big three. Ever since 2016 and particularly since Trump has become president they have really gone off the deep end with an obvious bias. I kept on watching to try staying informed and filtering out their bias thinking that the other two networks were probably just as bad or even worse. Recently I have been watching NBC news and have been very pleasantly surprised that they seem to report the news without a bias and I have continued watching them. Good bye ABC.

I have been watching ABC news for quite a long time now. I believe it is the highest rated of the big three. Ever since 2016 and particularly since Trump has become president they have really gone off the deep end with an obvious bias. I kept on watching to try staying informed and filtering out their bias thinking that the other two networks were probably just as bad or even worse. Recently I have been watching NBC news and have been very pleasantly surprised that they seem to report the news without a bias and I have continued watching them. Good bye ABC.

Every one of the big 3 tilt to the left and have for decades. To what degree they lean left seems to fluctuate year in and year out. If I had to rate them over the last 15 years, I'd say that ABC over all has been the least biased of the 3.

When I want to get world and national news, I watch Special Report on Fox News. It's hands down the least biased and most centrist national news show out there.

Point out the lie Ivanka told in that interview. A timestamp will do.

If you can't, your defense of Roberts completely crumbles.

The Washington Post noted that Ivanka said she didn't know some of the rules about not using personal emails. She promptly omitted this part in the GMA interview. Why? Is that a fourth lie I've discovered from Mrs. Kushner???

Some aides were startled by the volume of Ivanka Trump’s personal emails — and taken aback by her response when questioned about the practice. She said she was not familiar with some details of the rules, according to people with knowledge of her reaction.

The White House referred requests for comment to Ivanka Trump’s attorney and ethics counsel, Abbe Lowell.

In a statement, Peter Mirijanian, a spokesman for Lowell, acknowledged that the president’s daughter occasionally used her private email before she was briefed on the rules, but he said none of her messages contained classified information.

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of emails about government business last year

This interview and statement was taken on Novemember 19. So i ask again, which lie of hers do you believe?

The Washington Post noted that Ivanka said she didn't know some of the rules about not using personal emails. She promptly omitted this part in the GMA interview. Why? Is that a fourth lie I've discovered from Mrs. Kushner???

Ivanka was not asked about the rules governing her use of a non-government email server, or her understanding of such, so she omitted nothing. A person can't avoid answering a question that they were never asked.

She was asked what makes what she did different from what Hillary did and answered the question completely and honestly, making what you posted totally irrelevant.

This interview and statement was taken on Novemember 19. So i ask again, which lie of hers do you believe?

Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the interview being discussed and is totally irrelevant to this conversation.

I understand that your only function on this board is centered on spreading hatred of all things Trump, but there's no need to resort to dishonesty to achieve this. You are either capable of an honest discussion on this topic or you are not. If you are, than address it... If you are not, then I suggest you stop portraying yourself in such a dishonest light, show a little integrity, and move on to another thread.

All that's going on in the nation and world, and you're clutching pearls about how Trump's daughter, who he nepotistically put to work in our government with no experience, was questioned TWICE in a row on the same question, in an interview?!
About her improper use of emails no less?

That looks pathetic.

But really Grim, do you know how many times "Lock her up", and "But her emails" have been uttered just on this forum alone?

Man, there really are two different Americas.

Back
Top Bottom