• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:583] Political Compass Thread

11x31.gif

n15.gif

n22.gif

My lean is accurate.

Last edited:
Took it again out of pure boredom

2ekmcly.png

Here's mine I think30x31.gifc47.gifn25.gif

Hey guys! I'm new so I don't know how to post the pic of the chart, but...

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.51

I hate this quiz. It's worth noting that Obama and Romney's politics are nearly identical in the eyes of the political compass...

why create a database where you have to figure out the populations political leanings...when you can have them do it for you?

Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.62

Though the questions are different and more numerous, the graph is a 45 degree rotation of those of the American Libertarian Party's (LP) "World's Smallest Political Quiz". The rotation is not trivial; whereas this graph suggests that authoritarianism and rightness are irreducible to each other, the LP's suggests that both left and right are defined by the opposite ways they inconsistently favor authority on some issues and liberty on others. But the two paradigms have similar, serious problems.

The LP's anonymous "economic freedom" is oxymoronic: "economic" implies scarcity, meaning that not everybody can be free; if the landlord is free to evict, then the tenant is not free to occupy, for example. The Political Compass, in making the Left-Right continuum elemental, has an opportunity to define it correctly, as ranging from egalitarians, to supporters of the status quo, and finally to those who wish to increase existing privilege by, for example, ending progressive taxation.

But it squanders that opportunity when it defines left-libertarians as supporters of "voluntary collectivization". By implication, then, right-libertarians are for voluntary privatization? So if I opt not to "volunteer" to ask for the landlord's leave before trespassing, the right-libertarian has no quarrel with me? When in the history of mankind have the have-nots volunteered to have not? No, left and right, from the time the delegates to the Estates General first took their seats, has always been a matter of distribution of power. Whether that power, however distributed, will be organized or anarchic, that is the question answered by the presence or absence of the "libertarian" affix.

Last edited:
pcgrap.png8x27.gif

Well, it's consistent.

I suppose this would be surprising to some people...

Took the test again. Havnet moved much at all
68rb14.png

Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03

image.jpg

I took this test before in another forum so I guess I'll take it again:

Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56

OuqaGU4.png

Very close to Milton Friedman's views I am.

Well here I am I guess:

pcgrap.png

Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.46

pcgrap.png

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.92

This time a year ago, my score was around (-5, -3). I have become more socially libertarian, but I believe I'm further to the left that I have been in the past, and my changes in opinion haven't been recorded on the quiz.

New score:

Economic: -8.25
Social: -7.49

dat shift to the left tho

I don't have time to read through this thread, but I did take the quiz and found it somewhat interesting.

I am a left social moderate.

Left: 7.3, Libertarian: 0.17

5x20x9x23.gif

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.72

chart.png

Back
Top Bottom