• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:446]Women Being Involved In The Gun Debate

Re: Women Being Involved In The Gun Debate

Oh, so the only exceptions would be for those who agree with you?
When it comes to women being involved in the gun debate, yes.

No that's not what I said.

What I said when it comes to women only those women who agree with me on the gun debate should have a voice in that particular issue of debate.

Oh, that's sooo much better (sarc, in case you didn't get that). You really ought to get someone to read your comments back to you before you post them (and then not post them) if you really want to be taken seriously. As it is, you're just a parody of a rightwing gun nut.

If you're against pedophilia you wouldn't abuse pre-pubescent children, at least not sexually. I seriously doubt you would do the very thing you're against.

<sigh> One more time: "Unless women own and use guns they should not be able to participate in the gun debate" <---- your words.

So if these women you're talking about want to take the position that their against guns, why would they own and use them in the first place?

If you can't see the flaw in your logic, I can't help you any further.

Last edited:

They should be excluded not just for their gender but also for the position they take.

Oh, I get you now. You are just pretending to be an addled rightwing gun nut to show us how absurd they are. Well done!!!!

Last edited:

They should be excluded not just for their gender but also for the position they take.

Then why does that not apply to men? Should not men who do not agree with your position also be excluded?

<sigh> One more time: "Unless women own and use guns they should not be able to participate in the gun debate" <---- your words.

So if these women you're talking about want to take the position that their against guns, why would they own and use them in the first place?

The gun debate is not just about taking guns away or banning all of them. It is also about regulating either or both gun user and gun. A person can own and use guns and still favour regulating the use and ownership of guns.

Not every woman takes the same position on ANYTHING.

I don't even know where to go with this...

In the abortion folder I started a thread that questioned whether or not men should be involved in the abortion debate since men don't get pregnant. I then compared that to the concept of whether or not women should be involved in the gun debate since the world of guns is mostly a man's world. Go to any gun shop, class, or shooting range and most of the people there will be men.

That has changed and its continuing to change as more and more women are getting into guns and within the last decade the number of women who own and use guns and are for gun rights has exploded. This makes sense since a gun will enable a woman to stop a much stronger man. So I will say this much, for the most part women should not be involved in the gun debate but I will make an exception for women who own and use guns and who are for gun rights. Somebody such as Kamala Harris should not be involved in the gun debate because even though she does own a gun herself for "personal safety" she is against other people having gun rights. So like Bloomberg she is a super hypocrite.

So in conclusion, should women such as Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren be involved in the gun debate? Absolutely not. Should Kaitlin Bennett and Carolyn D Meadows be involved in the gun debate? Absolutely. Women should not have a voice in the gun debate but there should be an exception for women who are for gun rights.

At one point Dianne Feinstein was the only resident of her district to have a concealed carry permit, giving her a problem when she later advocated limiting 2nd amendment rights for other Americans.

In the abortion folder I started a thread that questioned whether or not men should be involved in the abortion debate since men don't get pregnant. I then compared that to the concept of whether or not women should be involved in the gun debate since the world of guns is mostly a man's world. Go to any gun shop, class, or shooting range and most of the people there will be men.

So in conclusion, should women such as Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren be involved in the gun debate? Absolutely not. Should Kaitlin Bennett and Carolyn D Meadows be involved in the gun debate? Absolutely. Women should not have a voice in the gun debate but there should be an exception for women who are for gun rights.

Flawed ahhhh 'logic' at best.

Should only those who drink and drive be allowed to debate laws on DUI? Many citizens drink to a point they would be arrested for DUI, but manage to get home without causing damage or death. Why allow those who have no experience drinking and driving have a say in the laws regulating such an activity??? :roll:

An abortion, as abhorrent as it is to some, doesn't involve death or injury to complete strangers. An abortion doesn't allow one child to kill another playing with the Daddy's pistol. It doesn't kill or maim dozen or so school children who's parents wanted and cherished them.

So there is the difference between a woman and her unwanted pregnancy vs a woman not wanting herself or her beloved child killed by a complete stranger.

See the flaw in your attempt to warp the debate??? :peace

TRULY a bad argument. Women own guns. MANY women own guns.

No..if you want to make an equivalent argument you would have to say

"Non gun owners have no business talking about Gun Rights."

At one point Dianne Feinstein was the only resident of her district to have a concealed carry permit, giving her a problem when she later advocated limiting 2nd amendment rights for other Americans.

How so, how does having a CCW cause problems for an advocate of gun control ?

I have a CCW but also favor gun control.

Not all women who own and use guns are necessarily for other people having gun rights, Kamila Harris for example.

Then why does that not apply to men? Should not men who do not agree with your position also be excluded?

Well the world of guns is mostly a man's world and in general men know much more about guns than women do.

As for men who are against my position on the gun debate, I obviously don't agree with them but to exclude them from the debate wouldn't be fair.

The gun debate is not just about taking guns away or banning all of them. It is also about regulating either or both gun user and gun. A person can own and use guns and still favour regulating the use and ownership of guns.

Exactly, just like Kamila Harris and Michael Bloomberg.

But men have the right to have babies:

YouTube

Men can't get pregnant. Its not a matter of rights as determined by government its a matter of biology and what nature allows. If you disagree you can argue with mother nature.

TRULY a bad argument. Women own guns. MANY women own guns.

No..if you want to make an equivalent argument you would have to say

"Non gun owners have no business talking about Gun Rights."
That would be like saying "people who don't get abortions have no business talking about abortion rights."

Men can't get pregnant. Its not a matter of rights as determined by government its a matter of biology and what nature allows. If you disagree you can argue with mother nature.

They don't have a WOMB

So men cant have babies, but the can have the right to have babies.

Did you watch the video ?

I have a CCW but also favor gun control.

Now I know you're just a big liar and you're full of malarkey. You talk about banning handguns and yet on the other hand you claim to have a CCW permit. Only a dishonest person would contradict themselves like you do.

That would be like saying "people who don't get abortions have no business talking about abortion rights."
No...that would be like saying people that cant get pregnant have no business talking about abortion rights.

Which is a stupid argument and I believe it is what the OP is pointing out. People have a right to discuss issues. Men (and women) opposed to abortion certainly have the right to their opinions.

They don't have a WOMB

So men cant have babies, but the can have the right to have babies.

Did you watch the video ?
Its Monty Python, not something that should be involved in a political discussion if you want to be taken seriously.

Let me make this argument another way:

Lets say I don't own a car but I live on a street where people drive down my residential street at 40 - 60 mph endangering lives. Should that exclude me from being able to vote on or discuss tougher driving laws? This is what the OP is claiming.

Not all women who own and use guns are necessarily for other people having gun rights, Kamila Harris for example.

You're still not making sense... so let me just say this:

Desert Girl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom