• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:369]Kavanaugh accused of more unwanted sexual contact by former classmate

Status
Not open for further replies.
How, exactly, is one supposed to prepare for cases where stories of their past are made up from whole cloth by political hit squads?

I kind of get a kick out of some of you who claim Kavanaugh was a whiner when your own discourse here is, as a rule, a master class in that activity.

Phys is a poster on a message board. He isn't on the highest court in the land. Rather surprising that you don't know the difference. Or is it?

Back when this stuff was all the rave in news I still had a foot on the Trump train, though my ride was becoming less enthusiastic with each passing day. As such I took the Kavanaugh thing as someone Trump felt qualified, although I did feel the claims being made should be looked into. The outcome by the FBI was fine, but in the back of my mind I hoped no strings had been pulled. Kavanaugh was sworn in, life went on.

Obviously I gave up on the compulsive liar in the White House and no longer think he makes wise choices or can be trusted. Kavanaugh was not a wise choice.

Yesterday I had the TV on while doing some work online and parts of the hearing came on. I realized my Trump colored glasses had dimmed the reality that Kavanaugh should have been sworn in.

I saw an angry out of control person, who was defiant, rude and snarky. He had zero control over himself or his emotions. His "I like beer" made me laugh because it seemed like his inner party boy was coming out. Not a man who was hoping for a lifetime position on our courts.

I have no idea if anything will come from this newest allegation, but I do think it was a mistake to go ahead with Kavanaugh. Surely there was a more mature candidate out there. Someone who could own up to mistakes made in the past (like partying too hard) but assure people they were no longer that person. He was incapable of doing that.

Kavanaugh had a history of ugly partisan behavior. I don't know what happened, if anything, in the 80s while he was in college, and I don't even care. I'm a product of the same generation and know how badly we behaved back then.

What I do know is that based on his performance, he lacks the disposition most thinking people expect in a SCOTUS judge, and his rant about the Clintons and the rest of it made it crystal clear he doesn't belong there. But he was confirmed by the Senate in spite of how badly he performed in his job interview. I don't know why that was, but there you have it.

I actually fully supported Gorsuch being appointed to the court. He is imminently qualified and respectful and appears to be a sober and serious thinker. That's what we need in that role. Not some petulant spoiled angry hissing tomcat.

It’s very true that he didn’t own up to mistakes of his past. It sounds like he was a young alcoholic. While it’s not a good thing, it is something most people would forgive him for.

As a parent, it’s important to talk to your kids about learning from mistakes, and even learning from your past mistakes. My mom had those conversations with me. If he did that, he could have had a really moving and powerful moment on TV. It would have been a moment that many would relate to. He had no such moments. He just looked angry and played victim. The partisanship of it was horrible.

What we have in the quote box above is pure, unadulterated Psychobabble bull****.

Only the last sentence was correct. The Democrats played the most vile card they could muster. Sick ****s.

The fact is that the FBI did a rushed half-assed look into the charges the first time around.

Yes because they had SO much to go on, like:
No location
No time
No witnesses
No physical evidence
Changing stories..

Yes the FBI really failed to pursue those hard leads...

Trump shouldn’t have prevented an investigation. If an actual investigation proved Ford a liar and fraud, so be it. It just looks like the GOP has no principles, ethnics, or honesty anymore. All you care about is power. You’re so deep into the partisanship and trying to define reality and what is right and wrong for the rest of America, you can’t even recognize how absurd you are.

He didn't prevent it, there was nothing to investigate...

Yes because they had SO much to go on, like:
No location
No time
No witnesses
No physical evidence
Changing stories..

Yes the FBI really failed to pursue those hard leads...

The book which is published today has accounts of many witnesses who came forth but were never interviewed by the FBI during their so called "investigation'. There was lots of potential there for lots of the things you listed to be provided. But the interviews were never held.

Mans not accused of attempted rape and sexual assault

I have to say, I think Ford was very believable. She didn’t come off as a liar IMO. Kavanaugh’s defense was he didn’t know her, and didn’t recall. He was also known for heavy drinking and bad party antics. It wasn’t a sufficient defense.
I believe there is a higher probability that Ford is telling the truth versus lying.
Yes, everything you said about him is true and damning, however, being accused of attempted rape is nothing to gloss over either. A proper investigation should have conducted. The GOP has no damn excuse in their lack of responsibility

Jan Crawford
@JanCBS
Follow Follow @JanCBS
CBS Evening News

We report tonight the real bombshell: Christine Ford’s close HS friend (who Ford says was at the party when Kavanaugh allegedly assaulted her) said Ford’s story is not believable and told the FBI Ford’s allies pressured her, threatened her with a smear campaign to say otherwise
7:11 PM - 16 Sep 2019 from Washington, DC

Kavanaugh graduated from Yale cum laude. Not a big deal. Please post some evidence that he "graduate" at the top of his class. Yale didn't keep class rankings, as you should know considering you attended it yourself. He was a notes Editor of the Yale Law Review. That isn't a major accomplishment either.

Also, what "top marks" did he receive on the second most important court in the USA? If I remember right, he was downgraded by the ABA, and it took forever to confirm him because he was well known to be an ugly partisan. Link to the "top marks", please (along with the link about him "graduate" at the top of class).

Following the law these days is now considered “an ugly partisan”... ROTFLOL.

The book which is published today has accounts of many witnesses who came forth but were never interviewed by the FBI during their so called "investigation'. There was lots of potential there for lots of the things you listed to be provided. But the interviews were never held.

Comically absurd.

Following the law these days is now considered “an ugly partisan”... ROTFLOL.

If that's what you think, that's a shame. Nobody else I know thinks that. And I'm sure if they did, they wouldn't be dumb enough to post it on here, knowing how everyone would point and laugh at such ignorance.

How, exactly, is one supposed to prepare for cases where stories of their past are made up from whole cloth by political hit squads?

I kind of get a kick out of some of you who claim Kavanaugh was a whiner when your own discourse here is, as a rule, a master class in that activity.

Sorry but I think its pretty obvious the man was a heavy drinker back then. He couldn't even own up to that. And I do remember one of the moments when he rudely questioned how much someone else drank. Even back then that hit me as unacceptable. He simply couldn't keep himself in check. It's not hard to say " yes, I overindulged back in those days, had some radical behavior" but it's like he thought he was fooling people into believing he didn't do anything like that.

What we have in the quote box above is pure, unadulterated Psychobabble bull****.

Only the last sentence was correct. The Democrats played the most vile card they could muster. Sick ****s.

Did Pizzagate make your butt hurt?

Trump and all the GOP Senators who commented before remembering to circle the wagons found her credible. But then they remembered that they hated Democrats more than they loved the truth, and suddenly they decided that she was..."inconsistent."

Oh?

So she gave a who, what, when, where, why and how?

Do tell.

Yes, why the insistence on this particular man. Why ram through this man onto the SC when there are Republican judges with more integrity, more experience, more intelligent, less baggage, and ones that have not accepted large sums of money from undisclosed sources. Why Kavanaugh?

He had plenty of integrity and was well respected, teh real hate against him from the left is that he respects the Constitution as is, not as felt by the left. He's a threat to their wants.

Yes, why the insistence on this particular man. Why ram through this man onto the SC when there are Republican judges with more integrity, more experience, more intelligent, less baggage, and ones that have not accepted large sums of money from undisclosed sources. Why Kavanaugh?

Oh, c'mon, we would have found enough women remembering enough to lessen these Republican's integrity, their experience, their intellect, and load their baggage.

Back when this stuff was all the rave in news I still had a foot on the Trump train, though my ride was becoming less enthusiastic with each passing day. As such I took the Kavanaugh thing as someone Trump felt qualified, although I did feel the claims being made should be looked into. The outcome by the FBI was fine, but in the back of my mind I hoped no strings had been pulled. Kavanaugh was sworn in, life went on.

Obviously I gave up on the compulsive liar in the White House and no longer think he makes wise choices or can be trusted. Kavanaugh was not a wise choice.

Yesterday I had the TV on while doing some work online and parts of the hearing came on. I realized my Trump colored glasses had dimmed the reality that Kavanaugh should have been sworn in.

I saw an angry out of control person, who was defiant, rude and snarky. He had zero control over himself or his emotions. His "I like beer" made me laugh because it seemed like his inner party boy was coming out. Not a man who was hoping for a lifetime position on our courts.

I have no idea if anything will come from this newest allegation, but I do think it was a mistake to go ahead with Kavanaugh. Surely there was a more mature candidate out there. Someone who could own up to mistakes made in the past (like partying too hard) but assure people they were no longer that person. He was incapable of doing that.

My sister literally ended all her correspondence with me with “All aboard the Trump Train! Choo choooooo!” Needless to say, she was a big fan, and excused everything he did.

When Trump got on stage alongside Kavanaugh and his family, and apologized for how Kavanaugh had been treated, she lost it. She said that that was it for her.

Eventually, most everyone has a breaking point. Everyone.

No, it is a smear price for a political agenda. There isn't a Magic Bullet Witness just WAITING to be heard out there. Kavanaugh isn't the horrible man you are told to believe he is, just like Clarence Thomas he was wrongfully attacked, and his reputation sullied. Because both these men have the audacity to not be progressive jurist.

Because he was buried in debt, and easily bought.

That’s it in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom