• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 330] Why People Hate Religion

Re: Why People Hate Religion

Yes, but at any random charitable event, we know nothing personally about the people we encounter at them; thus why I'm still curious how somebody can claim to have never seen a Satanist at a food drive. There just is no way to know that.

OM

She just told you.

She just told you.

Not really; just gave an example of an event promoted by Satanists. In no way whatsoever does that have to do anything with knowing the ideology (or lack thereof) of some random person you encounter.

OM

My sister and her husband, who were Wiccans rather than satanists, ran around NYC wearing clerical collars and black shirts. :roll:

The bunch I kept running into might have been Anton LaVey's followers.

Not really; just gave an example of an event promoted by Satanists. In no way whatsoever does that have to do anything with knowing the ideology (or lack thereof) of some random person you encounter.

OM

What are you talking about? The guys collecting socks were self proclaimed Satanists. The bunch I kept running into in Chicago were self proclaimed Satanists. If it looks like a duck....

What are you talking about? The guys collecting socks were self proclaimed Satanists. The bunch I kept running into in Chicago were self proclaimed Satanists. If it looks like a duck....

The original claim was "I've never seen a Satanist at a food drive". My point was simple... how could you possibly know somebody's ideology (or even lack thereof) simply by looking at them. That's a completely different point than what you're redirecting to.

OM

The original claim was "I've never seen a Satanist at a food drive". My point was simple... how could you possibly know somebody's ideology (or even lack thereof) simply by looking at them. That's a completely different point than what you're redirecting to.

OM

If they're holding up a sign that says "I'm a Satanist" or passing out Satanic literature, they are probably a Satanist, or they think they are.

This thread is still another example of why every Christian should vote straight Republican for every office in every election as if the lives of their family and themselves depend upon it.

If they're holding up a sign that says "I'm a Satanist" or passing out Satanic literature, they are probably a Satanist, or they think they are.

Which is a different subject. My original comment was a reply to the casual observation that Satanists were never seen at food drives. Whether or not they operate at food drives, the point is you can't tell somebody's ideology simply by looking at them.

OM

Which is a different subject. My original comment was a reply to the casual observation that Satanists were never seen at food drives. Whether or not they operate at food drives, the point is you can't tell somebody's ideology simply by looking at them.

OM

I don't care what you got out of it, I know what I meant and I have explained it several times already. If you didn't get it that's your problem.

Charity to get votes is selfish. When no one is looking and there's nothing to gain, that is charity for charity's sake. Only you could call that selfish.
Charity to get votes? You mean like giving to a church to gain points with god, who is always watching (according to most Christian religions)? Who said anything about charity to get votes and what would that have to do with Satanists or other nonChristians?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I don't care what you got out of it, I know what I meant and I have explained it several times already. If you didn't get it that's your problem.
And you were shown that Satanists do do charity events, in fact run some (such as that sock drive). Would you refuse to help them? Would you support your church teaming up with them in such an endeavor in order to save resources that could then benefit those who need socks, need charity?

It isn't about what I got out of it, it's about what you said. Point is you'll never know whether or not a Satanist is performing a charity drive (which we have since discovered that they have), as Satanists look just like everybody else.

OM

And you were shown that Satanists do do charity events, in fact run some (such as that sock drive). Would you refuse to help them? Would you support your church teaming up with them in such an endeavor in order to save resources that could then benefit those who need socks, need charity?

Would it demonstrate loyalty to God and to his righteous standards if his servants were to embrace in religious brotherhood those who themselves practice what God condemns or who condone such practices? You'll find the answer to that question at 2 Corinthians 6:14-17...

Charity to get votes? You mean like giving to a church to gain points with god, who is always watching (according to most Christian religions)? Who said anything about charity to get votes and what would that have to do with Satanists or other nonChristians?

Try and think outside the box a little. I said something about using charity to get votes, especially when it's not costing you anything. That's false charity. Using charity for your own gain is not charity. Politicians are big on that. Giving "charity" when you expect something in return is not "charity", it's a loan.

Look up the Greek word "agape", which is often translated as "charity", and you'll see what I mean about atheists being unable to grasp the concept.

It isn't about what I got out of it, it's about what you said. Point is you'll never know whether or not a Satanist is performing a charity drive (which we have since discovered that they have), as Satanists look just like everybody else.

OM

Say goodnight, Grace.

I'd get the socks and give them to the needy myself. Why is that a problem?

I get tired of people like you telling people like me that we are insincere when you cant prove a damn thing. I get tired of people like you claiming that the church is some kind of moneymaking racket when all you know is what some scandal sheet says about somebody like Joel Osteen. Now how about backing up these claims of yours with something solid instead of prejudice?

Churches and charity? Wonder how many people the cost of this graven idol to the gods could feed.

The 38 Greatest Churches In The World | HiConsumption

St.-Peters-Basilica-Rome.jpg

What business is it of yours, really? The one thing atheists and all lay non believers have in common is that they all want to get their hands on the Church's property.

Just saying all those tithes don't go to charity. They go in the coffers of the church for the preacher and the building fund. No vow of poverty here.

The net worth of the Catholic church is somewhere between 10 and 15 billion dollars. It seem to be a hideout for perverts.

The evangical mega church preachers make out.very well until they get their hand caught in the cookie jar

Just saying all those tithes don't go to charity. They go in the coffers of the church for the preacher and the building fund. No vow of poverty here.

The net worth of the Catholic church is somewhere between 10 and 15 billion dollars. It seem to be a hideout for perverts.

The evangical mega church preachers make out.very well until they get their hand caught in the cookie jar

A diocese priest gets a paycheck. The vow of poverty isn't what you think it is.

They've been saving for 1500+ years, you'd have some coin too. As a world wide organization there are a lot of hiding places. Many places have many hideouts... They just move theirs around instead of murdering them in their cell, I mean, say nothing while they hang themselves in front of perfectly good but faulty for a day video surveillance and irregular guard watching...

Yes, Pastor Gimme does like his rock n roll lifystyle for Christ, don't he? Even when he gets caught, he says he was just sampling the communion wafers, begs forgiveness, (it's a big thing with Christians fyi) and then hama na mama na, etima, beta ma....tongue talks his way on down to the next pulpit...

What business is it of yours, really? The one thing atheists and all lay non believers have in common is that they all want to get their hands on the Church's property.

No evidence of that at all.

Back
Top Bottom