• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:153] Trump assaults Congressman Elijah Cummings, says his district is 'infested'

Not that I'm aware of. I believe all states currently appoint their electors by means of a state-wide popular election. And then the electors vote for the president.

That is called an ELECTION.

Yes. The state appointed electors elect the president. That's why they're called electors.

A statement of such glaring omission that it is rendered intellectually dishonest.

A statement of such glaring omission that it is rendered intellectually dishonest.

It's getting old.

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector."

No dishonesty. Simply citing the Constitution.

It's getting old.

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector."

No dishonesty. Simply citing the Constitution.

And the manner each state has decided upon is an election by the people which seriously changes the meaning of the word APPOINT so that it today means ELECT.

And the manner each state has decided upon is an election by the people which seriously changes the meaning of the word APPOINT so that it today means ELECT.

Yes, we all know that states hold elections in order to decide which electors they will appoint. And those electors then go on to elect the president.

Yes, we all know that states hold elections in order to decide which electors they will appoint. And those electors then go on to elect the president.

ALL the states have the PEOPLE chose the ELECTORS who follow the peoples will and direction.

ALL the states have the PEOPLE chose the ELECTORS who follow the peoples will and direction.

No. Electors elect. That's their job. They choose the president.

It bothers me because your posts exhibit the very reason that so many Americans hate, or at least judge, demean, and mock, people they don't even know and will never meet. Whether you realize it or not, you have been conditioned over time to dismiss and dislike whatever it is you consider to be "liberal". It's a pervasive problem in American society that has turned neighbor against neighbor, sister against brother, and mother against son for no purpose whatsoever except to reinforce the stranglehold on power of the economic and political elite. It's equally common across the entire political spectrum.

LOL!!! And, liberals aren't conditioned to be progressive and never compromise, only demand more and more liberalism. I've yet to see a liberal admit they are wrong. And, it's liberals that are causing the problem in America today. Just look at what they did to GW Bush and now Trump. Liberals simply aren't accepting Trump as President trying to get him removed unConstitutionally if possible. Calling all Trump voters and supporters racist. I think you need to temper it down. Not Conservatives.

No. Electors elect. That's their job. They choose the president.

With dramatic regularity, over 99% of Electors follow the choice of the people who elected them.

With dramatic regularity, over 99% of Electors follow the choice of the people who elected them.

Whatever you say.

Whatever you say.

How does repeating of something which has already been explained to you elevate your argument which has already been refuted?

How does repeating of something which has already been explained to you elevate your argument which has already been refuted?

Explained? I don't think so.

You're noting a distinction that makes no difference.

Tell that to HayBoy. Not sure why he cares so much. State appointed electors choose the president. That's what the constitution says.

LOL!!! And, liberals aren't conditioned to be progressive and never compromise, only demand more and more liberalism. I've yet to see a liberal admit they are wrong. And, it's liberals that are causing the problem in America today. Just look at what they did to GW Bush and now Trump. Liberals simply aren't accepting Trump as President trying to get him removed unConstitutionally if possible. Calling all Trump voters and supporters racist. I think you need to temper it down. Not Conservatives.

Who is "you"? We're gonna need a a dive team to excavate you from the hole you've dug. I said that brainless conservatives and brainless liberals both perpetuate the artificial divisions between us that is one of the most destructive forces in modern American society. You doubled down with more canned, repetitive, mindless drivel about "liberals". Game. Set. Match.

Explained? I don't think so.

It is right there in 1480.

Back
Top Bottom