• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:103]Abortion is legal

From many who populate these threads, "If you dont like abortion, don't have one"

If you don't like the effects of being a mother, don't take a chance by having sex.

It's my body, I will do what I want with it and it's contents. Abortion is a legal medical procedure. I will avail myself of it whenever I choose.

It's not going to be "my" call. Never was.

Would I discourage someone from having one? yes.

fair enuff..I've done the same and my wife and I have adopted that great grandson,even though I am pro-choice.

If you became a single mother, it would mean you did not have an abortion. Maybe you meant to say that if you were single and pregnant, you would have an abortion. Having an abortion would prevent you from becoming a single mother.

Or maybe you are acknowledging that if you are pregnant, you are the "single" mother of the child you are carrying. And your solution is to kill the child with an abortion so that you do not have to raise the child.

Read it over again, "If I was to become a single mother ..." If I was a woman and if I was with child, I would become a single mother unless I have a abortion.

I support single mothers, but, I would not want it on myself or my three daughters.

From many who populate these threads, "If you dont like abortion, don't have one"

If you don't like the effects of being a mother, don't take a chance by having sex.

There's a legal and much safer option for women that pregnancy/childbirth...so then why shouldnt women enjoy sex responsibly?

It's a perfectly responsible option for her and then she can share in that enjoyment equally with men.

He can. He just needs to do so before he decides to have sex. Biology gives women a different time frame for that decision, but that's not a secret...nor can we escape those consequences.

Smart men know to be prepared for their consequences and decide BEFORE having sex if they want to be 'stuck' with whatever the woman decides.

The great thing tho, is that both men and women are completely aware of their risks and able to make good decisions to protect themselves, if they choose.

Straw Man... as usual... completely ignoring that it is the law that forces men to pay but allows women an opt out.

As usual... anything new or have you lost the debate... AGAIN, before it even starts?

Straw Man... as usual... completely ignoring that it is the law that forces men to pay but allows women an opt out.

As usual... anything new or have you lost the debate... AGAIN, before it even starts?

Has nothing to do with the law...has to do with biologically-determined options. Once a child is born, both parents are held equally responsible.

If the man got pregnant...and it seems to be close to happening someday...he'd have exactly the same options as pregnant women. I'm all for that.

And you have, after hundreds of pages, never won this debate. (And that's with me not even trying to 'win,' which is stupid, but just providing the facts) :mrgreen:

I have it all in OneNote to, so if you'd like, take it to the Law and Order forum and let the copy and pasting begin.

Has nothing to do with the law...has to do with biologically-determined options. Once a child is born, both parents are held equally responsible.

Because of the LAW :roll:

...has to do with biologically-determined options.

Because BIOLOGY has produced Man with two legs that can relocate him away from the mother and never bother to see her again...

I win this debate because I use logic... you post lies...

Bye...

Because of the LAW :roll:

Because BIOLOGY has produced Man with two legs that can relocate him away from the mother and never bother to see her again...

I win this debate because I use logic... you post lies...

Bye...

Feel free to post a single lie I've ever written.

Here...please! Prove it.

Now here's where you are wrong, again :mrgreen: :

The woman or the man can 'walk away' from their offspring...and the law applies equally to both if they attempt to do so :cool:

So the difference isnt in the law, the true difference that makes it unequal is biology.

Read it over again, "If I was to become a single mother ..." If I was a woman and if I was with child, I would become a single mother unless I have a abortion.

I support single mothers, but, I would not want it on myself or my three daughters.

I see. You are a married woman with three daughters. If you were to become a single mother of those three daughters, and a fourth child was conceived in your womb, you would kill your fourth child with an abortion, which is your legal right.

Feel free to post a single lie I've ever written.

Here...please! Prove it.

Now here's where you are wrong, again :mrgreen: :

Whether it is ignorance or a lie is irrelevant... the point is that you are wrong, as I just demonstrated in the previous post.

Whether it is ignorance or a lie is irrelevant... the point is that you are wrong, as I just demonstrated in the previous post.

Ah, so you lied out of convenience then?

And I just demonstrated why you're wrong. Both men and women have legs. :mrgreen:

Ah, so you lied out of convenience then?

And I just demonstrated why you're wrong. Both men and women have legs. :mrgreen:

Here is another demonstration as to how you just don't get it...

I did not lie... I assumed... I even just told you that... but you post that it was a lie... :shrug:

Not going to go through pages of this idiocy with you again... when you seem to be able to post a response that indicates it is not a lie or that you actually get it then I will perhaps respond to it...

I see. You are a married woman with three daughters. If you were to become a single mother of those three daughters, and a fourth child was conceived in your womb, you would kill your fourth child with an abortion, which is your legal right.

NO!

I am a 52 year old white male that cannot have children. If I become a woman and was a teenager or in my 20's and I was with child without the support of the father to become a single mother -- I would have a abortion. My wife thinks the same way as myself and talked to my three daughters and we all agree we would have a abortion.

Here is another demonstration as to how you just don't get it...

I did not lie... I assumed... I even just told you that... but you post that it was a lie... :shrug:

Not going to go through pages of this idiocy with you again... when you seem to be able to post a response that indicates it is not a lie or that you actually get it then I will perhaps respond to it...

You clearly made a claim you could not support.

And it was calling me a liar. That was not a mistake....dont lie.

And I dont care if you respond, my posts are here for anyone to read...and gather information and opinion from. You clearly wanted to discredit my posts and I do not post anything dishonest on this subject.

You clearly made a claim you could not support.

And it was calling me a liar. That was not a mistake....dont lie.

And I dont care if you respond, my posts are here for anyone to read...and gather information and opinion from. You clearly wanted to discredit my posts and I do not post anything dishonest on this subject.

That is why I amended it to being possibly "ignorant" instead...

That is why I amended it to being possibly "ignorant" instead...

LOL you have yet to prove I've been wrong either. You may not like my opinions but otherwise I stick with facts and reality.

LOL you have yet to prove I've been wrong either. You may not like my opinions but otherwise I stick with facts and reality.

Fact is that a man is forced by law to pay for a child he does not want post-conception but a woman is allowed by law to escape that same responsibility post-conception

Fact is that a man is forced by law to pay for a child he does not want post-conception but a woman is allowed by law to escape that same responsibility post-conception

Yup...because of biology. If and when men get pregnant (right around the corner)...they will have the exact same rights. The law remains equal.

It's my body, I will do what I want with it and it's contents. Abortion is a legal medical procedure. I will avail myself of it whenever I choose.

my-body-gods-temple-3-638.jpg

Certainly. By using it (her body) in His Service...which only the pregnant woman can decide if she can do better or not enough if she proceeds with a pregnancy or has another child.

Who supports your mothers right to have a abortion?

Abortion is legal and its a core right of women to use to decide on the size or shape of their family.

If I was to become a single mother, I would have a abortion. Why can a man walk away from being a father and the mother is forced to raise the child?

At one time slavery was legal and it was a core right of the slaveowner to decide what to do with his property. Laws are products of the "spirit of the times" and that can always change.

At one time slavery was legal and it was a core right of the slaveowner to decide what to do with his property. Laws are products of the "spirit of the times" and that can always change.

Laws in this country must abide by the Constitution.

Once SCOTUS recognized blacks (and women in a separate decision), as equal, they/we were no longer property.

So your saying abortion and slavery are equal to each other. Having a baby or not having a baby is not property rights, its the free will to choose to have a baby or not.

Laws in this country must abide by the Constitution.

Once SCOTUS recognized blacks (and women in a separate decision), as equal, they/we were no longer property.

Slavery wasn't ended by a court; it was ended by a civil war that killed 600,000 people. I anticipate a similar resolution of the abortion controversy; indeed, the abortion holocaust is the hidden spiritual machinery of death that is propelling this nation toward another civil war. Through abortion, America had the freedom to choose death, and death has chosen America.

Back
Top Bottom