• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Voter Fraud

What is more of a greater concern?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone who applies for a driver's license in California is automatically registered to vote. It is now legal for illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses in California. I'm more worried about this fact, than about the Russian boogie man who wrestles bears in his spare time.

Hey man, that's racist. So what if we don't have an attorney general who would even look into that kind of fraud? That fact that it hasn't been found means that it hasn't happened, man.

Voter suppression is a much bigger threat (in orders of magnitude) to our election process than a few people that weren't suppose to vote, actually voting.

Effective voter suppression methods employed in Wisconsin and North Carolina MAY have HELPED Trump win.

How voter ID laws helped Donald Trump win the presidency - Salon.com

These are the same people for whom it's too hard to get an ID, yet have no problem going through the far more onerous process of singing up for food stamps.

Your entire argument boils down to: Latinos are illegal human beings and California wants them. Such beautiful, conservative, family values on your part. :2grouphug

Hispanics have replaced the population that has been here for generations and built the state. Amazingly liberals are fine with that.

7 millian more asians in california, 13 million more latino's in california while white & black
populations are stagnant during the same time. Seems to me a huge chunk of the asian & latino population
came here illegally or in the asian group especially anchor babies. Can't persuade me that
even half of these 3 worlders have become legal, that's just pure nonsense. & guess what
80% of these newbies are Democrats.

The white non-Hispanic population is falling drastically. It's outright population replacement.

What does any of that have to do with non-existent voter fraud?

Yes there is voter fraud.

But what do we call the importation of a foreign electorate who is now drowning out the vote of those Americans who didn't even want that immigration in the first place?

So many times over the last few years I have seen countless threads whining about voter fraud and how so many people commit it, and we need ID cards to keep it under control --- yada, yada, yada -- yet facts tell us that voter fraud is about as rare as it gets:

Between 2000 and 2010, there were:
649 million votes cast in general elections
47,000 UFO sightings
441 Americans killed by lightning
13 credible cases of in-person voter impersonation

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/voter-id-laws-charts-maps/

Many times I have brought up the idea that the greater threat to fair elections would be the hacking of voting machines and/or voting regestries. Do you not think it's a more viable concern -- especially after today's top secret leak where it seems the Russians were pretty active in trying to disrupt American democracy by their phishing and attempts to hack when it's unsure how successful they were.

There should have been one more option: illegals who are not supposed to vote actually voting. It's not about people not having photo ID's. It is about people not having photo ID's because they aren't supposed to vote in the first place. There's really no reason not to have a photo ID of some kind.

But what do we call the importation of a foreign electorate who is now drowning out the vote of those Americans who didn't even want that immigration in the first place?

Not there's no evidence of in-person voter fraud on the scale of 3-5 million people.

There is no 'foreign electorate' in the US.

Please try again.

Nation-wide only 59.7% of all eligible voters actually voted. Yet in Detroit Michigan, 37 districts (60%) voted 100%+. There were so many votes cast beyond registered voters they couldnt even do a recount.
Records: Too many votes in 37% of Detroit?s precincts

The problem remains not what we know but what we dont know.We KNOW there is significant voter registration fraud. We know states like California automatically register illegal immigrants to vote when they are issued a drivers license. But what we dont know is the extent that may or may not be impacting elections.

So many times over the last few years I have seen countless threads whining about voter fraud and how so many people commit it, and we need ID cards to keep it under control --- yada, yada, yada -- yet facts tell us that voter fraud is about as rare as it gets:

Between 2000 and 2010, there were:
649 million votes cast in general elections
47,000 UFO sightings
441 Americans killed by lightning
13 credible cases of in-person voter impersonation

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/voter-id-laws-charts-maps/

Many times I have brought up the idea that the greater threat to fair elections would be the hacking of voting machines and/or voting regestries. Do you not think it's a more viable concern -- especially after today's top secret leak where it seems the Russians were pretty active in trying to disrupt American democracy by their phishing and attempts to hack when it's unsure how successful they were.

Let me ask you a simple question. It's one that Obama has already answered so should be easy to find the answer if you don't know.

Is there a way to determine the citizenship status of those that vote and is that used in our voting process?

Next question:

Do any of the studies which you refer to check the citizenship status of people that voted? All of them, not just a few thousand.

There is no 'foreign electorate' in the US.

Please try again.

The US population is 13.5% foreign born. 27% of California is foreign born. And yes, those people are voting.

If one single person votes who has no legal right to do so, it's too many.

So, you'd support a voting requirement that is an in-person DNA test, combined with facial recognition, requires a notarized statement from your birth mother, and a body cavity search?

Because one is too many.

Let me ask you a simple question. It's one that Obama has already answered so should be easy to find the answer if you don't know.

Is there a way to determine the citizenship status of those that vote and is that used in our voting process?

Next question:

Do any of the studies which you refer to check the citizenship status of people that voted? All of them, not just a few thousand.

Yes, and yes.

Incredibly rare voter fraud is the more accurate description.

Paranoid fantasy, or being bad at math.

The US population is 13.5% foreign born. 27% of California is foreign born. And yes, those people are voting.

If they are US Americans, they should vote.

So, you'd support a voting requirement that is an in-person DNA test, combined with facial recognition, requires a notarized statement from your birth mother, and a body cavity search?

Because one is too many.

Wow, go absurdly overboard much? :roll:

Only if they're citizens.

Many of them are. Do you think that we haven't added millions of naturalized citizens? In the last decade alone we added 6.6 million naturalized citizens.

If they are US Americans, they should vote.

Given that Americans never even voted for this in the first place, how is this anything but treason?

Many of them are. Do you think that we haven't added millions of naturalized citizens? In the last decade alone we added 6.6 million naturalized citizens.

Irrelevant to my statement. If they're citizens and can vote, they're not a 'foreign electorate'

Words have meanings.

These are the same people for whom it's too hard to get an ID, yet have no problem going through the far more onerous process of singing up for food stamps.

Again, prove there is a problem before you worry about a solution. I find it rather humorous that Conservatives are suddenly in favor of unnecessary regulation.

Again, prove there is a problem before you worry about a solution. I find it rather humorous that Conservatives are suddenly in favor of unnecessary regulation.

I find it rather humorous that liberals apparently believe that you don't need an ID to exercise your rights. I'm sure you don't feel the same way about firearms.

Back
Top Bottom