• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vote Republican, Vote for Intentional Failure

manofknowledge

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
NPR's Morning Edition broadcast an interview with Jacque Simon of the American Federation of Government Employees that posed the proposition that this administration intentionally causes government agencies to fail by underfunding and understaffing them. They then make the argument that these government agencies can't function and should be replaced with private enterprise.

Border Crisis Will Impact Airports, TSA Employees' Union Says : NPR

Why vote for a party whose intent is to fail at their jobs?

NPR's Morning Edition broadcast an interview with Jacque Simon of the American Federation of Government Employees that posed the proposition that this administration intentionally causes government agencies to fail by underfunding and understaffing them. They then make the argument that these government agencies can't function and should be replaced with private enterprise.

Last I heard, Trumpco had not properly staffed the intel agency responsible for monitoring nuclear material.

This is opinion, not breaking news..

You'll believe anything, won't you?

Breaking News can be opinion. This report was broadcast this morning and is on the proposal to move TSA employees to the Border Patrol.

Let us say, for the sake of argument, that Jacque Simon's one-sided narrative is not merely his opinion, but 100% true, and the Republican Party is engaged in the process of intentional wrecking and sabotage and then turning and stating the inefficiencies caused by their own sabotage justifies further paring-down or elimination of those agencies. I can certainly see such things happening, as I have watched intentional sabotage and hamstringing being used by various parties, both Republican and Democratic against policies they do not like, such as the Death Penalty in California, to claim that the Death Penalty is too costly and time consuming and thus must be eliminated.

In order to determine whether or not this should be of concern to me, it must be asked:

First, which agencies are we talking about? Are these agencies necessary for the governance of the nation or ones that could indeed be filled more efficiently by private entities and not at taxpayer expense?

Second, as a conservative, what are my practical alternatives to the Republican Party? To lay my cards out on the table, manofknowledge, despite having a complete worldview, I have only a few issues that I generally vote on. I am pro-Israel, pro-First Amendment (in all its aspects), and pro-Second Amendment. The Democratic Party is tepid on Israel, at best, is perfectly happy to curb the First Amendment by using private entities like Facebook and Twitter as their proxies to cudgel viewpoints on the right they despise, and cares not at all for the Second Amendment. Why should I sacrifice my interests to vote for Democrats or simply refrain from voting for Republicans in order that the political opposition can run roughshod with their political agenda over the things that I value?

Last edited:
Agreed. Thread needs to be moved.

Why? Trump has hired all sorts of incompetents to run various departments.

HUD Chief Ben Carson Needs Congress To Explain Basic Housing Terms

Ben Carson literally has no idea about even the basic concepts required by a HUD chief.

Porter: Do you know what the interest rate curtailment schedule is at FHA and how it’s different from the GSEs?

Carson: Well, we tend to try and maintain a lower interest rate at FHA ―

Porter: I’m not asking you about the interest rate, sir. I’m asking you about debenture interest curtailment penalties.

Carson: Explain.

Watch the rest of it. He hasn't a clue about any of it, not how many citizens his department needs to support, not the basic concepts of housing financing. He's possibly more ignorant than Trump, if that's humanly possible.

Breaking News can be opinion. This report was broadcast this morning and is on the proposal to move TSA employees to the Border Patrol.

It starts with the dog whistle in your thread title. It has nothing to do with the article in the OP.

Wow, some leftist thinks we need to spend more money on government and make it bigger. BREAKING NEWS!

How many Federal workers has Trump personally fired since he has been President?

Thank you for sharing.

You're welcome.

Do you think it's a good idea to put a complete incompetent in charge of HUD? And don't you think someone who is still so ignorant about their job should be replaced immediately?

You're welcome.

Do you think it's a good idea to put a complete incompetent in charge of HUD? And don't you think someone who is still so ignorant about their job should be replaced immediately?

He voted for trump. So of course he's okay with incompetence.

Go easy on Ben. He was so upset about his performance that he went home and relaxed by listening to OREO Speedwagon on a loop.

How could any responsible leader have seen that sad excuse of a HUD Chief and not replace him immediately?

I don't see how even the most fervent TDS sufferers can't agree.

You're welcome.

Well, we had Obama as President.

How could any responsible leader have seen that sad excuse of a HUD Chief and not replace him immediately?

I don't see how even the most fervent TDS sufferers can't agree.

Tumpettes could care less. They don't know their opinions until dear leader tells them what it is.

Let us say, for the sake of argument, that Jacque Simon's one-sided narrative is 100% true, and the Republican Party is engaged in the process of intentional wrecking and sabotage and then turning and stating the inefficiencies caused by their own sabotage justifies further paring-down or elimination of those agencies. I can certainly see such things happening, as I have watched intentional sabotage and hamstringing being used by various parties, both Republican and Democratic.

First, which agencies are we talking about?

Second, as a conservative, what are my alternatives? To lay my cards out on the table, manofknowledge, despite having a complete worldview, I have only a few issues that I generally vote on. I am pro-Israel, pro-First Amendment (in all its aspects), and pro-Second Amendment. The Democratic Party is tepid on Israel, at best, is perfectly happy to curb the First Amendment by using private entities like Facebook and Twitter as their proxies to cudgel viewpoints on the right they despise, and cares not at all for the Second Amendment. Why should I sacrifice my interests to vote for Democrats or simply refrain from voting for Republicans in order that the political opposition can run roughshod with their political agenda over me and mine?

What specific Democrat policy regarding Israel do you object to?
What Democrats have control of media content and censor conservative commentary?
Do you think the Second Amendment precludes any gun regulations such as those that currently exist regarding automatic weapons?

Do you want the government to work or not?

Breaking News can be opinion.

Not in this forum. I strongly suggest that you read the Sticky post at the top of this forum.

III - The following types of articles may not be posted in the *BN* forum:

• Articles that meet the above standards, but contain overly partisan commentary and/or are otherwise clearly biased.
• Editorials and Op/Ed pieces.

You're welcome.

I think everybody is entitled to their opinion, and they can accept whatever is fed to them by people who try to profit from the bias they bring to the topic.

What specific Democrat policy regarding Israel do you object to?
What Democrats have control of media content and censor conservative commentary?
Do you think the Second Amendment precludes any gun regulations such as those that currently exist regarding automatic weapons?

Do you want the government to work or not?

You really don't know what is going on with the social media companies?

NPR interviews a union boss who attempts to make the argument that some failure is something about President Trump not spending enough money on more union jobs.

No one could see that coming.

I think everybody is entitled to their opinion, and they can accept whatever is fed to them by people who try to profit from the bias they bring to the topic.

What opinion? Carson had no clue of any of the basic concepts required to be HUD Chief. That is called "incompetence". You can watch his ignorance for yourself in the link, no opinion needed.

You'r OK with incompetence at the highest levels of your government because it's what Trump did? Dude, you have a terrible case of TDS.

EDIT: Sorry. I just realized, you might not be capable of figuring out why he is demonstrating complete incompetence. If so, maybe try talking to anyone who knows anything about housing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom