• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(Vocabulary) Are you demisexual?

Notice how we keep inventing new words in the service of talking about how we are different, that is what we want to talk about, I say harp about.

This is not a great idea as any educated cant help but to know.

If you can't understand why it's helpful to distinguish between equines as mules and horses and zebras, then you are not evolved enough to participate in this thread, as I could have guessed long before you joined it.

I have just added a new word to my vocabulary: demisexual.

I wanted to pass it on in case you do not know its meaning.

The source says: "A demisexual person simply does not feel attraction until after a strong emotional bond has formed."

And: "Demisexuality presents the challenge of never feeling any sexual feelings at all until you've experienced many months of platonic friendship."

Source: The "Ask Amy" column in the Los Angeles Times (print edition) January 30, 2019.

P.S. "Amy" emphasizes that demisexuality is MORE "than merely being 'old-fashioned' and courting for long periods before having sex."

Must be sad to have no aesthetic appreciation of the human form. :shrug:

Did you notice that literally everyone in this thread but you understands what it means?

It describes something that doesn't exist like the word unicorn or leprechaun.

just because you and all the other people here are gullible enough to believe in magical pixies doesn't mean I am.

just because you and all the other people here are gullible enough to believe in magical pixies doesn't mean I am.

Until relatively recently, Western society would've had you believe female sexuality wasn't a thing. Just because it's something you haven't experienced, doesn't mean there's not some weird people out there.

Until relatively recently, Western society would've had you believe female sexuality wasn't a thing. Just because it's something you haven't experienced, doesn't mean there's not some weird people out there.

And all of you think that dimisexual is a thing. History repeating.

did you notice that no one here is gullible enough to believe you?

And all of you think that dimisexual is a thing. History repeating.

I'm sorry, but what history is repeating when we create a new word for something?

Demisexual is a "thing", just because you choose to stick your head in the sand doesn't mean that the real world doesn't recognize these people for who they are.

I'm going to give you the same treatment I give everyone who thinks their opinion means something, that literally has zero to do with you.

e26.jpg

FYI, just so you know, no one died and gave you the ability to determine what does and doesn't exist when it comes to sexuality. You're dismissed.

In my opinion, bisexuality refers to cisgender people who are open to having romantic and/or sexual relationships with cisgender people of male and female sexes. Pansexuality, as much as it refers to me, refers to people who identify as any gender, as that might sometimes change, who might have sexual and/or romantic relationships with people who not only identify themselves as any gender but who also engage in those relationships with people who have any gender and sexual orientation.

What I'm saying is not very unlike what you said, but I think it's more refined. What do you think?

I'm down with that. I agree that I think we're saying roughly the same thing, you've definitely put more truth to it though. I appreciate your help with my understanding! I don't like to discount new* labels that I've never heard of because I'm not you (royal you, not you-you). And I have no right to tell you how you feel.

*I say new because most of these labels are not new from our perspective. Hell, the word pansexual was coined in 1917.

90e2f0dc77ecd9c72f5112fbeca45623.gif

I'm sorry, but what history is repeating when we create a new word for something?

Demisexual is a "thing", just because you choose to stick your head in the sand doesn't mean that the real world doesn't recognize these people for who they are.
sure it's a thing a lot of words describe things. Like unicorn leprechaun or the Easter Bunny.

I'm saying I doubt the existence of what it describes.

You're more than welcome to prove it to me since I'm not the one claiming this thing exists the burden would be on you.

And if it's anybody who just calls themselves dimisexual then I'm a magical dragon.

I'm going to give you the same treatment I give everyone who thinks their opinion means something, that literally has zero to do with you.

View attachment 67249400

FYI, just so you know, no one died and gave you the ability to determine what does and doesn't exist when it comes to sexuality. You're dismissed.
of course not. Things are determined to exist based on their representation in the real world.

If I were to claim unicorns exist you would say yeah right show me a unicorn.

What I'm saying to you is show me a dimisexual

and I mean one that fits the definition in the o p not just a person who claims to be. Again I can claim to be a magical dragon and therefore dragons exist.

I have just added a new word to my vocabulary: demisexual.

I wanted to pass it on in case you do not know its meaning.

The source says: "A demisexual person simply does not feel attraction until after a strong emotional bond has formed."

And: "Demisexuality presents the challenge of never feeling any sexual feelings at all until you've experienced many months of platonic friendship."

Source: The "Ask Amy" column in the Los Angeles Times (print edition) January 30, 2019.

P.S. "Amy" emphasizes that demisexuality is MORE "than merely being 'old-fashioned' and courting for long periods before having sex."

How many months are we supposed to wait?

No, that's not me. I identify as pansexual, which is another little known and commonly misunderstood sexuality term.

I'm "pan flute sexual". I don't want to talk about it.

sure it's a thing a lot of words describe things. Like unicorn leprechaun or the Easter Bunny.

I'm saying I doubt the existence of what it describes.

You're more than welcome to prove it to me since I'm not the one claiming this thing exists the burden would be on you.

And if it's anybody who just calls themselves dimisexual then I'm a magical dragon.

of course not. Things are determined to exist based on their representation in the real world.

If I were to claim unicorns exist you would say yeah right show me a unicorn.

What I'm saying to you is show me a dimisexual

and I mean one that fits the definition in the o p not just a person who claims to be. Again I can claim to be a magical dragon and therefore dragons exist.

A dude I was just going to date. He is a self-identified demisexual/pansexual. He thought I wasn't bad looking but his statement to me specifically was, he wasn't going to have sex with me until he knew that we had a good friendship with it heading towards relationship.

I flirted with him via text once, he freaked out on me saying that we hadn't even met yet (true, but if you're supposedly slightly attracted to someone, you accept a flirt even if you don't flirt back).

He also said that he was attracted to a person, not a gender, and he was very comfortable with someone who doesn't necessarily represent as one gender. I am not that, I'm cismale, present as cismale and feel as if I'm cismale. He stated he didn't care what was between my legs.

Even though we're not talking anymore (if you can't handle a simple flirt/maybe forwardness, then I can't deal with you), but I'm sure I'll see him at an upcoming Lords of Acid concert. I'll tell him to post here so you can see he's a magical unicorn. XD

ETA: so do you think asexuality isn't a thing either because you have a sex drive?

I'm "pan flute sexual". I don't want to talk about it.

So what I'm hearing is, you like long hard things that get increasingly longer as you move your hand over it?

A dude I was just going to date. He is a self-identified demisexual/pansexual. He thought I wasn't bad looking but his statement to me specifically was, he wasn't going to have sex with me until he knew that we had a good friendship with it heading towards relationship.

I flirted with him via text once, he freaked out on me saying that we hadn't even met yet (true, but if you're supposedly slightly attracted to someone, you accept a flirt even if you don't flirt back).

He also said that he was attracted to a person, not a gender, and he was very comfortable with someone who doesn't necessarily represent as one gender. I am not that, I'm cismale, present as cismale and feel as if I'm cismale. He stated he didn't care what was between my legs.

Even though we're not talking anymore (if you can't handle a simple flirt/maybe forwardness, then I can't deal with you), but I'm sure I'll see him at an upcoming Lords of Acid concert. I'll tell him to post here so you can see he's a magical unicorn. XD

ETA: so do you think asexuality isn't a thing either because you have a sex drive?

So what I'm hearing is, you like long hard things that get increasingly longer as you move your hand over it?

So aside from self-identifying you don't really know? That was my point.

Slap any prefix you want onto the suffix sexual and anyone can claim to be that because if it doesn't describe an actual observable Behavior it can apply to everyone or no one.

So aside from self-identifying you don't really know? That was my point.

Slap any prefix you want onto the suffix sexual and anyone can claim to be that because if it doesn't describe an actual observable Behavior it can apply to everyone or no one.

All labels are self-identifying, including homosexual and heterosexual. At this point, I don't really know what your point is, other than you flailing about going "It's just a label! It doesn't mean anything!" If your only point is to essentially call the people who identify themselves as "demisexual" liars, there's really not much more to say to you.

All labels are self-identifying, including homosexual and heterosexual.
That's false, we can identify animals as homosexual.

At this point, I don't really know what your point is, other than you flailing about going "It's just a label!
I don't buy that it exists that's all. It's like a unicorn. That is my thoughts on it. The O.P. asked my thoughts. My expressions of my thoughts is flailing? You must be very sensitive.

It doesn't mean anything!" If your only point is to essentially call the people who identify themselves as "demisexual" liars, there's really not much more to say to you.
I would think the same if people that called themselves goblins or fire breathing dragons.

Those are my thoughts, if you don't like them I'm not really sorry, you can stop caring what I think, nobody asked you too in the first place.

That's false, we can identify animals as homosexual.

I don't buy that it exists that's all. It's like a unicorn. That is my thoughts on it. The O.P. asked my thoughts. My expressions of my thoughts is flailing? You must be very sensitive.

I would think the same if people that called themselves goblins or fire breathing dragons.

Those are my thoughts, if you don't like them I'm not really sorry, you can stop caring what I think, nobody asked you too in the first place.

Actually, the OP told you what it meant. You're choosing to ignore what they said. But tomato/tomato.

And yes, you're "expressing yourself" by calling others liars is .... k. You do you, boo.

Actually, the OP told you what it meant. You're choosing to ignore what they said. But tomato/tomato.

And yes, you're "expressing yourself" by calling others liars is .... k. You do you, boo.

The op gave a definition. There are definitions for things that don't exist like a unicorn or a dragon.

Well not sure I called anyone a liar, but continue screeching about it if you wish.

Last edited:
The op gave a definition. There are definitions for things that don't exist like a unicorn or a dragon.

Well not sure I called anyone a liar, but continue screeching about it if you wish.

If you're telling someone that what they label themselves doesn't exist and that their feelings are wrong... That's the literal definition of saying they're a liar.

If you're telling someone that what they label themselves doesn't exist and that their feelings are wrong... That's the literal definition of saying they're a liar.

No, a liar knows they are telling an untruth. Someone might just be wrong.

No, I can doubt it without literally calling anybody anything.

Prove people are demisexual with more than just claims.

Back
Top Bottom