• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia's Message to the Governor (1 Viewer)

They absolutely could... Although it would certainly be tested in court, there is nothing preventing a national registration program...

Did you not say it had already passed through the courts successfully ?

Did you not say it had already passed through the courts successfully ?

There has never been a federal registration program but state registrations have successfully survived court challenges...

Plenty of states have done just that and the laws have survived court challenges..

So a successful Democrat candidate for the presidency this November could mandate states to copy Maryland's laws or face a federal funding cut ?

There has never been a federal registration program but state registrations have successfully survived court challenges...

But there's nothing to stop the US government demanding access to states databases and linking them ?

Basically, the proposed laws mirror Maryland's laws... Those laws have been upheld at the 4th circuit and supreme court denied a hearing on the 4th circuit ruling... There is almost no chance these laws will be overturned... I'd say you are out of luck... If you live in Virginia, you might consider moving if these laws are such a burden...

that doesn't mean that the judges are correct.
what part of shall not be infringed is hard for you or a judge to understand?

The 2nd amendment is a limitation on states and government not people.
No i do not live in states were they want to elect dictatorships that take away
peoples freedoms.

that doesn't mean that the judges are correct.
what part of shall not be infringed is hard for you or a judge to understand?

The 2nd amendment is a limitation on states and government not people.
No i do not live in states were they want to elect dictatorships that take away
peoples freedoms.

Let's see, we have the fourth circuit upholding the laws and then the supreme court denying an appeal... Are the laws still being enforced in Maryland... quick check... yes they are... I suppose you could continue to hang your hat on some future ruling, in the meantime, the laws are enforced...

You may want to believe that, but you are incorrect. Read it and cheer...
Washington’s red-flag law allows authorities to seize neo-Nazi’s guns | Q13 FOX News

The law violates the constitution.
it isn't that hard to understand.

It isn't what i believe it is what the constitution says.

He was denied his 4th and 5th amendment rights with this law.
The state had 0 authority from a judge to seize his property.

this is nothing more than saying he is a witch burn him.

Actually i cry that people like you support this type of stuff that is a clear violation of our constitution.
it is why leftist can never be fully in charge of our government.

we will have no freedoms left.

we once again see that the leftist have their head on backwards.
you are innocent until proven guilty not guilty until proven innocent
as this law declares.

Actually i cry that people like you support this type of stuff that is a clear violation of our constitution.

as this law declares.

And you know what happens to people who yell about their constitutional rights while violating a law upheld as constitutional? They still get arrested and prosecuted..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just checked Maryland's gun laws:

Gun laws in Maryland - Wikipedia

Mandatory registration...so why can all states have this and then link the databases all together.

The Federal government could deny federal funding to all states that don't comply and enact similar laws.

I once visited Maryland in 1977 and went to Silver Springs High School for three weeks on a school exchange program.

Nazi Germany had national registration of firearms.

How the Nazis Used Gun Control | National Review

And you know what happens to people who yell about their constitutional rights while violating a law upheld as constitutional? They still get arrested and prosecuted..

What law did he violate?
where was the judicial order that says he violated a law?

please show us.

What law did he violate?
where was the judicial order that says he violated a law?

please show us.

I see you are unfamiliar with Extreme Risk Protection Orders.... Very similar to a injunctions in many divorce cases around the country... Might want to brush up on 18 U.S.C. § 922(g) and injunctions in divorce cases..

Last edited:
I see you are unfamiliar with Extreme Risk Protection Orders.... Very similar to a injunctions in many divorce cases around the country... Might want to brush up on 18 U.S.C. § 922(g) and injunctions in divorce cases..

you said he violated the law what law did he violate?

he wasn't getting a divorce. what court order etc said he violated the law?
you are not showing me where he violated the law.

where was the legal proceeding? where did he get to mount a defense?
where was the court order that said he violated the law.

please show us i am waiting.

you said he violated the law what law did he violate?

he wasn't getting a divorce. what court order etc said he violated the law?

Extreme Risk Protection Orders don't require a violation of the law...

you are not showing me where he violated the law.

He has now...

King County charges Neo-Nazi leader afters weapons arrest in Texas | king5.com

where was the legal proceeding? where did he get to mount a defense?
where was the court order that said he violated the law.

please show us i am waiting.

Just more ignorance... I suggest you make yourself familiar if you could be subject to an ERPO.. Your childish arguments aren't going to help keep you out of jail...

as this law declares.

No offense, but your interpretation of what the Constitution means is worth spit. Head backwards? Try on this...Any law is Constitutional until the SCOTUS declares it isn't. Red flag laws are constitutional.

There are those on this site and elsewhere who discount and disparage these protesters. My advice....don't. They may save your life one day.

or kill you...

No offense, but your interpretation of what the Constitution means is worth spit. Head backwards? Try on this...Any law is Constitutional until the SCOTUS declares it isn't. Red flag laws are constitutional.

WRONG. you interpretation of the constitution doesn't mean spit.
so where was the court order?
where was the law broken?
where was his due process?

all of those rights are enshrined in the constitution and have been ruled on countless times by the SCOTUS.
you once again prove you have no friggen clue what you are talking about just like every other damn
leftist that enter into these discussions.

all of those rights are enshrined in the constitution and have been ruled on countless times by the SCOTUS.
you once again prove you have no friggen clue what you are talking about just like every other damn

Any predictions on what is going to happen to Kaleb for violating this “unconstitutional” law?

Not needed for this case. Nothing is happening other than his weapon being taken for a period of time. You may want to believe you are right, but that is a common factor in most of your posts.

Any predictions on what is going to happen to Kaleb for violating this “unconstitutional” law?

deflection noted so is your concession.

Last edited:
Not needed for this case. Nothing is happening other than his weapon being taken for a period of time. You may want to believe you are right, but that is a common factor in most of your posts.

You should see the consitution.
where is the court order
where is the due process?

the police violated his 4th and 14th amendments.
Ol yes it is needed for this case.

it very much is needed per the constitution.

4th amendment.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

yes they were taking illegally by the government with 0 evidence of wrong doing or any crime being committed.

You should see the consitution.
where is the court order
where is the due process?

the police violated his 4th and 14th amendments.
Ol yes it is needed for this case.

it very much is needed per the constitution.

4th amendment.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

yes they were taking illegally by the government with 0 evidence of wrong doing or any crime being committed.

...do you know how I know that the police didn't violate his constitutional rights? Because no court has said so, and until they do, they haven't

...do you know how I know that the police didn't violate his constitutional rights? Because no court has said so, and until they do, they haven't

see the constitution and your pathetic deflections are just that pathetic.

see the constitution and your pathetic deflections are just that pathetic.

And your Constitutional analysis is worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom