• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia High School Tells Students To Stop Flying Offensive American Flags From Their Vehicles.

Not one of you actually checked his link to see if he was being honest about it. Even you ttwtt. You just run here to quip about the hated librulz.

Clue: his own link indicates the principal said an underling ****ed up, that there is no ban, and apologized to a parent that had called to complain. Not that this story is showing up anywhere reputable.

School tells students told to remove American flags from their trucks: It's 'offensive'

Well, we do know that if a black officer somewhere were to shoot a white criminal it would not be news anywhere but if a white officer were to shoot a black man, it's on the six o'clock news ASAP.

You don't find it newsworthy when a black man handcuffed in the back of a police cruiser supposedly shoots himself in the back? Unsurprising.

Just as unsurprising as it is that you try to whattabout from OP's decision to lie about his own link, and the three people I responded to in that comment to cheer on OP's lie without opening the link himself, to..... something something MR hates Teh Librulz Media something something, or whatever you thought you were trying to talk about...

I'm docking you five rubles.

Rush and Sean trained Republicans to lie. So they lie.

You don't find it newsworthy when a black man handcuffed in the back of a police cruiser supposedly shoots himself in the back? Unsurprising.

Just as unsurprising as it is that you try to whattabout from OP's decision to lie about his own link, and the three people I responded to in that comment to cheer on OP's lie without opening the link himself, to..... something something MR hates Teh Librulz Media something something, or whatever you thought you were trying to talk about...

I'm docking you five rubles.

I was responding to YOUR post, not the OP's . And, I was just making a general comment that if a black officer shoots a white criminal it is not going to make the news but as soon as a white officer shoots a black criminal, poof, it's on the news lickity split. Do you deny that?

I don't know what the deal is in this case, but I for one am sick of right wingers violate every rule there is for displaying the flag such as wearing it for clothing, leaving it flying at night without illumination and in the rain, and flying worn and faded flags from their trucks. Not to mention Trump running across the stage to dry hump the flag.

No you're not. You're just mad they aren't burning it.

Hey, I'm a "black thug" and proud to be a "black thug" lol. H*ll, you "evil" conservatives can't stop me from robbing a store and cursing out cops!!! As you notice, I'm being sarcastic, but this how blacks truly think about society. They don't respect our police officers and they don't follow the rule of law.

I was responding to YOUR post, not the OP's . And, I was just making a general comment that if a black officer shoots a white criminal it is not going to make the news but as soon as a white officer shoots a black criminal, poof, it's on the news lickity split. Do you deny that?

If you intend threadjack, you need to find someone else to do it with.

The subject of this thread would have been a flag ban, except USN's own first link proves that he lied and that there was no flag ban...just one school administrator who screwed up but was then corrected by the principal.

Relatedly, a number of your fellow Trumpists introduced a new subject, which is how powerful confirmation bias and hyperpartisanship can be. They accidentally introduced that new subject by simply assuming that the OP's claims were correct because doing so would let them make stupid "I hate librulz" comments.

Would you like to address the actual subject(s) of this thread? Or are you just going to keep making loud farting noises until people roll their eyes and wander off, thereby protecting the people who lied stupidly about liberals from the criticism they deserve for so doing?

I don't know what the deal is in this case, but I for one am sick of right wingers violate every rule there is for displaying the flag such as wearing it for clothing, leaving it flying at night without illumination and in the rain, and flying worn and faded flags from their trucks. Not to mention Trump running across the stage to dry hump the flag.

Bill Clinton's semen was found on the blue dress. Has the flag been tested for trump? I'm not so sure that was 'dry'. The flag just let him grab it wherever he wanted.

WTF people?

Why are liberals so triggered by the American flag these days?

School tells students told to remove American flags from their trucks: It's 'offensive'

Virginia School Tells Students to Quit Flying "Offensive" US Flags from Vehicles -- So the Next Day Students Form Caravan of Vehicles Flying US Flags (VIDEO)

When students at Franklin County High School in Virginia were told they could not fly the American flag from their trucks because it might be offensive – they did what any red-blooded American teenager would do: they flew the flag anyway.

The staff at ToddStarnes.com broke the story about this school in the area east of Roanoke and Christiansburg, where the flags displayed behind trucks have become a target for school administrators.

Earlier this week, an administrator at the Virginia school reportedly told several students that they could no longer fly Old Glory on their trucks because it was potentially “offensive” and “disruptive.”

Franklin County High School students showed up in unity on Tuesday displaying American flags on their vehicles after an administrator allegedly told them to remove them. Several local residents posted photos of the caravan driving through town with Old Glory waving in the breeze.

You might want to tell the whole truth and not the talking points from the conservative echo chamber.

Franklin County schools' dress code debate considers displays of Confederate flag | Education | roanoke.com

Last edited:
Bill Clinton's Semen was found on the blue dress. Has the flag been tested for trump? I'm not so sure that was 'dry'. The flag just let him grab it wherever he wanted.

:2rofll::2rofll::2rofll:

Another virtue-signalling thread.

What's important is doing things in the cause of the country living up to its stated values, what you do when the chips are down, etc. Symbol worship isn't about actually believing something is so very special about a piece of cloth made in China. It's just another way to signal "I hate librul"

Oh right, and naturally USN omitted the relevant bit, which gives the lie to his faux outrage and virtue-signalling:

[The mother of a student who complained] says she received a call from the school principal Jon Crutchfield on that evening.
“He has apologized to the boys and told them that it is not against the rules to fly their flag on their truck. Apparently, it was a big misunderstanding that should have never gotten this far,” the mother said.

Why did you lie? It took that text directly from your link. They didn't ban flags. Some school administrator misunderstood something, which is not particularly surprising since pretty much the only people with their heads screwed on right are the teachers.

Or did you just stop reading once confirmation bias was satisfied? Gotta get that rush from hating liberals loudly.

If I had to guess, this whole thing grew out of some administrator's misunderstanding of a recent attempt to ban wearing the traitorous confederate flag, not only because it's a traitor's flag steeped in racism and blood, but also because there were confrontations between black and white students over the confederate flag.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...1362c2-3b00-11ea-baca-eb7ace0a3455_story.html

As to Confederate flags, why shouldn't there be a ban? Why shouldn't there be conflict? If I was black, I would not take kindly to a flag that says "you were property, you should still be property, and I'm proud of the people who died trying to make sure that was your future" (Yeah, I'm putting it strongly. **** intellectually dishonest attempts to say the confederate flag is about innocent southern history. You don't get to excise the evil parts. That's not how things work. You can't just celebrate southern heritage with a confederate flag any more than you can celebrate manufacturing/military efficiency with a swastika).

But that's an aside. USN's own link made clear that someone got it wrong, the principal corrected it and apologized. US Flags are not "banned".

He didn't post a lie, so you can tuck that away into you pocket full of made up things. Even with your source there are still two options available:

1. The flag was actually temporarily banned due to a misinterpretation of a rule. That mistake was remedied but the flag was, indeed, banned for a short period of time.

and

2. The school administrators made up an excuse in an attempt at damage control.

I'm willing to bet it was option #2. Either way, there's no lie in the OP. Peddle your dishonesty with somewhere with people not smart enough to catch you at it.

He didn't post a lie, so you can tuck that away into you pocket full of made up things. Even with your source there are still two options available:

1. The flag was actually temporarily banned due to a misinterpretation of a rule. That mistake was remedied but the flag was, indeed, banned for a short period of time.

and

2. The school administrators made up an excuse in an attempt at damage control.

I'm willing to bet it was option #2. Either way, there's no lie in the OP. Peddle your dishonesty with somewhere with people not smart enough to catch you at it.

He's right wing and got caught in a lie, so there you are lying to defend him.

:respekt:

He's right wing and got caught in a lie, so there you are lying to defend him.

:respekt:

I've already demonstrated it wasn't a lie. You may have found different information but even if it's option #1, which was what your link said, there was still a temporary ban due to a misunderstanding. You're now reveling in your ignorance. I'm also not shock over this. Par for the course for you.

Hey, I'm a "black thug" and proud to be a "black thug" lol. H*ll, you "evil" conservatives can't stop me from robbing a store and cursing out cops!!! As you notice, I'm being sarcastic, but this how blacks truly think about society. They don't respect our police officers and they don't follow the rule of law.

That's not racist?

George Washington owned slaves, therefore all statues of him must be removed. And that Betsy Ross flag, well that's really offensive. I won't even mention General Lee, a despot rebellious traitor if there ever was one.
As a matter of fact, let's just forget all that 1776/constitution stuff......IT'S ALLL BAAAAAAD!!!!!!!

:lamo

The Jefferson Memorial must be torn down IMMEDIATELY as well.

:yes:

imageedit-11-5438401246.jpg

well, we do know that if a black officer somewhere were to shoot a white criminal it would not be news anywhere but if a white officer were to shoot a black man, it's on the six o'clock news asap.

wtf??

So are you.

I actually like America, unlike liberals, who believe we're basically living in Nazi Germany and we're the most oppressive and racist country to ever exist, even moreso than our past when slavery was legal.

I actually like America, unlike liberals, who believe we're basically living in Nazi Germany and we're the most oppressive and racist country to ever exist, even moreso than our past when slavery was legal.

Nazi Germany. That's what Trump compared the US intelligence agencies to. Right around the time he said the judiciary were corrupt and the electoral system was rigged. He called the White House a dump, too.
I guess you love America more than Trump does. He has contempt for much of it.
But my point was if there was leftists burning flags you could indulge in a big, satisfying plateful of outrage and indignation. That's what you guys thrive on, That's what keeps your noses cold and your coats shiny.

WTF people?

Why are liberals so triggered by the American flag these days?

Virginia School Tells Students to Quit Flying "Offensive" US Flags from Vehicles -- So the Next Day Students Form Caravan of Vehicles Flying US Flags (VIDEO)

When students at Franklin County High School in Virginia were told they could not fly the American flag from their trucks because it might be offensive – they did what any red-blooded American teenager would do: they flew the flag anyway.

The staff at ToddStarnes.com broke the story about this school in the area east of Roanoke and Christiansburg, where the flags displayed behind trucks have become a target for school administrators.

Earlier this week, an administrator at the Virginia school reportedly told several students that they could no longer fly Old Glory on their trucks because it was potentially “offensive” and “disruptive.”

Franklin County High School students showed up in unity on Tuesday displaying American flags on their vehicles after an administrator allegedly told them to remove them. Several local residents posted photos of the caravan driving through town with Old Glory waving in the breeze.
Good for the students. Here in the Tidewater are, where we both live, displays of patriotism are very common, including American (and thin blue line) flags flying from trucks. The only time I have any problem with them is when the flags are ripped/frayed from whipping around in the wind.

I'm willing to wait.

50 bucks says, there's way more to this story.
It actually ended quickly.

“The mother said her son and two of his friends were told they could no longer fly their American flag on their trucks.

She says she received a call from the school principal Jon Crutchfield on that evening.

“He has apologized to the boys and told them that it is not against the rules to fly their flag on their truck. Apparently, it was a big misunderstanding that should have never gotten this far,” the mother said.

Any code that prohibits dry humping is one I would proudly stand against.

It actually ended quickly.

“The mother said her son and two of his friends were told they could no longer fly their American flag on their trucks.

She says she received a call from the school principal Jon Crutchfield on that evening.

Well then, God Bless America.

Glad that was sorted out in that fashion. Sounds like the brave rebels protest prevailed.

Back
Top Bottom