• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Viral 9/11 truth-debunking blacksmith gets it all wrong[W:22][W:565]

Buck Naked

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
AE911Truth responds to Tye's mischaracterisation, exaggeration and disinformation.

Within the first two days of being posted, Tye’s video received five million views and was covered by the Washington Post, the Daily Mirror, and the Huffington Post — the latter with the celebratory headline, “Metal Worker Shuts Down 9/11 Truthers… With His Pinkie.”

In fact, Tye's attempt to disprove controlled demolition by heating a half-inch piece of steel to 1,800°F and bending it like a “noodle” is way off. He seems to think the controlled demolition argument goes like this, “Fire can’t melt steel, so the buildings couldn’t have collapsed from fire.” He couldn’t be more mistaken.

The only reason that melting steel is discussed at all is because government officials, engineers, first responders, and others observed large amounts of molten metal (requiring temperatures of more than 2,800°F) in the debris of all three buildings.

Tye’s sixth-grade-level demonstration that structural steel loses strength at 1,800°F does nothing to address the presence of molten metal at Ground Zero. If anything, Tye proves that the fires in the World Trade Center could not have generated the molten metal that witnesses saw. What did? The only plausible explanation is thermite, an incendiary that can be used to cut through structural steel.

Putting aside the molten metal, Tye’s demonstration is wholly irrelevant for the simple reason that the fires in the World Trade Center could not have heated the structure anywhere near as high as the 1,800°F to which Tye heated his piece of steel using a furnace.

World Trade Center Building 7 Demolished on 9/11? - Debunker Debunked: Blacksmith Unwittingly Proves Controlled Demolition-AE911Truth Statement

re: Viral 9/11 truth-debunking blacksmith gets it all wrong[W:22]

From your link....

Jet fuel fires reach temperatures of around 1,500°F only under optimal conditions. In open air conditions like the WTC buildings, they burn at around 600°F. Even according to the government agency that investigated the disaster, there is no evidence that any of the steel was heated to the point where it would lose its strength.

Intentional ignorance on display....

Jet fuel only burned for a short while.... Igniting fires that led to the destruction of the towers and WTC7. Fires that were more than sufficient to heat the steel.

Trenton Tye looks much like Larry the Cable Guy to me. :lol:

The more intesting angle in this story to me is how quickly 3 msm outlets broadcast the story, demonstrating their well-demonstrated ignorance and political loyalties.

As for the thermite theory, it still does not address so many of the other observed anomalies at WTC. I have no doubt it was used, but it alone does not explain all the other strange things.

Trenton Tye looks much like Larry the Cable Guy to me. :lol:

The more intesting angle in this story to me is how quickly 3 msm outlets broadcast the story, demonstrating their well-demonstrated ignorance and political loyalties.

As for the thermite theory, it still does not address so many of the other observed anomalies at WTC. I have no doubt it was used, but it alone does not explain all the other strange things.

Tell him you believe mini-nukes.

Steel is metal but metal is not necessarily steel.

From your link....

Jet fuel fires reach temperatures of around 1,500°F only under optimal conditions. In open air conditions like the WTC buildings, they burn at around 600°F. Even according to the government agency that investigated the disaster, there is no evidence that any of the steel was heated to the point where it would lose its strength.

Intentional ignorance on display....

Jet fuel only burned for a short while.... Igniting fires that led to the destruction of the towers and WTC7. Fires that were more than sufficient to heat the steel.

Yea I don't get how people miss that stuff. A open air wood bonfire can exceed 2000 degrees let alone a fire in a mostly closed air building full of various flammable materials.

Yea I don't get how people miss that stuff. A open air wood bonfire can exceed 2000 degrees let alone a fire in a mostly closed air building full of various flammable materials.

Folks like Buck tend to ignore details like that.

Yeah, the ventilation in closed buildings is so good, that is why blacksmiths use bellows. :roll:

psik

Yeah, the ventilation in closed buildings is so good, that is why blacksmiths use bellows. :roll:

psik

As to the towers, they had HUGE GAPING HOLES courtesy of the airliners.....

As to WTC7 it had a HUGE hole courtesy of one of the towers.... Add the broken windows... TADAAA Plenty of oxygen.

Why don't you model it?

Why don't you model it?

What about if he modeled it for you then just let you see the screen captures from the model output, rather than the model inputs themselves. Would that be good enough for you?

What about if he modeled it for you then just let you see the screen captures from the model output, rather than the model inputs themselves. Would that be good enough for you?

Don't you have a report or two to misrepresent?

You mean like not sharing the thermite chips some claim they found.

Don't you have a report or two to misrepresent?

Show me where I misrepresented anything.

The entire thread about WTC7.

Perhaps you should respond there then. I note you still can't point to me misrepresenting anything specific.

Perhaps you should respond there then. I note you still can't point to me misrepresenting anything specific.

Can't respond on that thread.

And the entire thread in the recent weeks is a testimony to your misrepresentation.

As other posters have noted ad nauseum.

It appears the only person that does not think you are misrepresenting is you.

Moderator's Warning:
Stop bickering about each other and address the topic.

Re: Viral 9/11 truth-debunking blacksmith gets it all wrong[W:22]

As to the towers, they had HUGE GAPING HOLES courtesy of the airliners.....

As to WTC7 it had a HUGE hole courtesy of one of the towers.... Add the broken windows... TADAAA Plenty of oxygen.

Why don't you model it?

Huge gaping holes that had to serve as exhaust and intake.

That is not how car engines and blacksmith's furnaces are made is it? :lamo

psik

Re: Viral 9/11 truth-debunking blacksmith gets it all wrong[W:22]

Huge gaping holes that had to serve as exhaust and intake.

So what?

They cannot do both?

Prove it.

That is not how car engines and blacksmith's furnaces are made is it? :lamo

psik

But it is how fires hot enough to degrade the strength of steel occurred.

Do we need a blacksmith's furnace to heat steel to the point it has lost strength? No.

Do we need a car engine to heat steel to the point it has lost strength? No.

So, you have a point?

No?

Back
Top Bottom