• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vegas Shooter Report is In[W:96]

Re: Vegas Shooter Report is In

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "argument to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition must be true because many or most people believe it, often concisely encapsulated as: "If many believe so, it is so."

I haven't seen you make one coherent argument on this site yet. It must be difficult being you.

"If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing". - Anatole France.

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "argument to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition must be true because many or most people believe it, often concisely encapsulated as: "If many believe so, it is so."

I haven't seen you make one coherent argument on this site yet. It must be difficult being you.

Nah. Its quite easy! LOL

"If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing". - Anatole France.

So then you support his position that every single american should be able to have a gun?

So then you support his position that every single american should be able to have a gun?

Doesn't matter if he does, or doesn't. Your constitution does. And in order to change that, you need the support of the majority of people in your country, and a government willing to take that on.

Good luck.

Doesn't matter if he does, or doesn't. Your constitution does. And in order to change that, you need the support of the majority of people in your country, and a government willing to take that on.

Good luck.
Well no it doesn't according to virtually every constitutional expert including our SCOTUS.....so theres that. LOL

Well no it doesn't according to virtually every constitutional expert including our SCOTUS.....so theres that. LOL

Mmm.... Other than when rights in revoked, as in the case of criminals, what does 2A say about which groups of citizens it does not apply to?

Mmm.... Other than when rights in revoked, as in the case of criminals, what does 2A say about which groups of citizens it does not apply to?

Good you have realized your mistake. You also forgot the mentally ill.

Good you have realized your mistake. You also forgot the mentally ill.

No...that is a revocation of rights. Here, let this dumb Canadian help you with your Constitution. The quote:

“A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

You may choose to revoke any number of rights for any number of reasons in specific cases. But the right itself does not differentiate between citizens, nor does it give permission to do so.

Now, I tend to think that it's a good idea for criminals (depending on their crimes) and mentally ill folk (depending on their illness) to not have access to guns. But in each and every instance the fact that you are taking away their rights should be a point of focus. Your constitution says every person in America should have a gun as a rule, and your legal system punishes people by taking away their rights (not just their 2A right) as an exception. I'm more right than you are. :)

No...that is a revocation of rights. Here, let this dumb Canadian help you with your Constitution. The quote:

“A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

You may choose to revoke any number of rights for any number of reasons in specific cases. But the right itself does not differentiate between citizens, nor does it give permission to do so.

Now, I tend to think that it's a good idea for criminals (depending on their crimes) and mentally ill folk (depending on their illness) to not have access to guns. But in each and every instance the fact that you are taking away their rights should be a point of focus. Your constitution says every person in America should have a gun as a rule, and your legal system punishes people by taking away their rights (not just their 2A right) as an exception. I'm more right than you are. :)

I'm so happy for you.....Not. You are splitting hairs to no end. It is quite funny

I'm so happy for you.....Not. You are splitting hairs to no end. It is quite funny

LMAO...did you just but out a Not??!! lol...sorry, that derailed this whole thing for me... All I can think of now is:

party on.jpg

lol...ok, I'll leave you to your defeat. Thanks for the trip back to the 90's, bud. :)

LMAO...did you just but out a Not??!! lol...sorry, that derailed this whole thing for me... All I can think of now is:

View attachment 67238118

lol...ok, I'll leave you to your defeat. Thanks for the trip back to the 90's, bud. :)

Such a pleasure talking to you as always. How pointless.

Ever known a little guy that runs his mouth off when he has his big friend with him, but doesn't when he's not around? Well, the big guy is government. Absent government subsidizing the risk of being a bad actor, people tend to behave themselves.

I have not known many of these little guys you speak of. But I have known lots of big bullies Who will not behave themselves until a big guy shows up. When I was in third grade, there was a big fifth grader whise playground past time was to bully the younger kids. He did not shape up until the school administration stepped in.

There is always going to be someone bigger than you and who is going to have bigger guns than you. And even if not you, and certainly more time your mom, your wife, daughter. What you are talking about is the freedom of the jungle. No matter how imperfect, I would suggest modern civil societies are a little better place to live than the jungle.

Your attempts to try to make governments of modern civil societies out to be criminal cartels is just a tad bit overdramatized. I don’t know where you live, but I don’t know many places in the United States today like that.

Your attempts to try to make governments of modern civil societies out to be criminal cartels is just a tad bit overdramatized.

At least you understand that part accurately. That's exactly what they are. The government runs a protection racket, just like the mafia. They take money from people at the point of a gun and tell them it's for their own protection. Here are some other common euphemisms that demonstrate the point...

When you do it:..............When government does it:
---------------------------------------------------------
Robbery........................Taxing
Kidnapping.....................Arresting
Breaking and entering.....Executing a warrant
Burglary.........................Seizure
Assault..........................Enforcing compliance
Sexually assault.............Search
Take hostage................Incarcerate
Trespass.......................Investigate
Terroristic Threatening...Warning

I maintain the only difference in these bad acts is the title of the person who's acting.

At least you understand that part accurately. That's exactly what they are. The government runs a protection racket, just like the mafia. They take money from people at the point of a gun and tell them it's for their own protection. Here are some other common euphemisms that demonstrate the point...

When you do it: When government does it:
Robbery Taxing
Kidnapping Arresting
Breaking and entering Executing a warrant
Burglary Seizure
Assault Enforcing compliance
Sexually assault Search
Take hostage Incarcerate
Trespass Investigate
Terroristic Threatening Warning

etc.

That is funny

Are you stating that you are against individuals having the right to defend themselves, that such power should only reside with the State?

I was saying to the other poster that anarchy and vigilante justice have traditionally not worked out well. How did you go from that to saying no one should have the right to defend themselves? Are you some kind of anarchist too?

No, your scenario is ridiculous. No one is saying that your relatives have to carry any firearm, much less an AK-47, to protect themselves. They are saying that they have the right and should be able to make the choice to do so.

Sure. But I am talking about someone who may be unable to. In a society with no government and everyone has to fend for themselves (ie, a jungle like environment), grandma, living by herself with her diabetes and bad arthritis, is not going to be able to do very well for very long. She will be literally eaten alive in minutes- no matter what kind of gun you give her.

And grandma is the canary in the coal mine. If there is a society where grandma can't live in some peace and security, then neither is the young college student just going off to college, or the elementary school kid walking back from school, or.... lots of other scenarios. Is that really the kind of society you think is more secure and free?

When you do it:..............When government does it:
Robbery........................Taxing
Kidnapping.....................Arresting
Breaking and entering.....Executing a warrant
Burglary.........................Seizure
Assault..........................Enforcing compliance
Sexually assault.............Search
Take hostage................Incarcerate
Trespass.......................Investigate
Terroristic Threatening...Warning

I maintain the only difference in these bad acts is the title of the person who's acting.

Oh Please.:roll: Stop playing games. There are lots of examples of that. If a doctor takes a blade to you, it's called surgery. If I do it, it's called assault. What, you want to stop doctors from doing their job too now and have us all do do-it-yourself surgery on ourselves?

Cut the drama.

Back
Top Bottom