• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US warns migrant 'caravan' against trying to enter

Ok, sure, in the sense that future actions cannot really be proven until they actually occur. I'm not understanding your objection.

You take them at their word that they are fleeing some sort of bad situation and I am saying there is no way to prove that.

Nobody can even prove what country they are from or who they are.

Sad to see...Poor folks desperate to escape from their home countries...Proper clearance needs to used...Still amusing to see all the old white men in fear of these refugees

The US has immigration laws. If we aren't going to enforce them and make people come here legally then we may just as well tear down the "wall" we have and just let everyone who wants to come in, come in. Until our immigration laws change we have immigration laws that should be enforced.

No I don't think that's necessary for these sorts of circumstances.

You take them at their word that they are fleeing some sort of bad situation and I am saying there is no way to prove that.

Nobody can even prove what country they are from or who they are.
My goodness, their paperwork may not be in order!?
Better not allow anyone to seek asylum ever then.

My goodness, their paperwork may not be in order!?
Better not allow anyone to seek asylum ever then.

There are specific rules governing asylum...They need to be followed.

There are specific rules governing asylum...They need to be followed.

Yes, they do.

Link the rule that has been broken.

Yes, they do.

Link the rule that has been broken.

"First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country.[3]"

What persecution are they fleeing?

"Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or social group."

Demonstrate that they are being persecuted by their government on one of these grounds..

"Third, an applicant must establish that the government is either involved in the persecution, or unable to control the conduct of private actors."

These people are literally not persecuted by their government....They want in the US and have decided to demand that we let them in...It doesn't work like that....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asylum_in_the_United_States

"First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country.[3]"

What persecution are they fleeing?

"Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or social group."

Demonstrate that they are being persecuted by their government on one of these grounds..

"Third, an applicant must establish that the government is either involved in the persecution, or unable to control the conduct of private actors."

These people are literally not persecuted by their government....They want in the US and have decided to demand that we let them in...It doesn't work like that....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asylum_in_the_United_States

And you know all this, what, because you've met them?

I don't need to demonstrate any of that. That's what the asylum application is for.

Let's be clear: You are accusing a third party, whose name you don't even know, of a future crime they might commit and you're demand I prove then innocent? Maybe you're the one who needs a lesson on how things work.

Last edited:
And you know all this, what, because you've met them?

I don't need to demonstrate any of that. That's what the asylum application is for.

Let's be clear: You are accusing a third party, whose name you don't even know, of a future crime they might commit and you're demand I prove then innocent? Maybe you're the one who needs a lesson on how things work.

These Right Wing conservatives want all protocols followed...and these asylum seekers denied entry!Unless they are white Christians or Cubans that made landfall, then by all means cut thru the Red tape!...and let them in

Nope which only highlights how bad a neighbor Mexico is being with this....

How is Mexico being a bad neighbor they have taken some asylum requests, they have given them temporary stays in the country. There are those that are still planning to request asylum in the US but there are those that are staying in Mexico.
These people are not trying to enter illegally they are announcing themselves. Trying to go thru the process.
Geez Louise!

No I don't think that's necessary for these sorts of circumstances.

Which is why Trump was elected president because of his strong stance on enforcing immigration laws and building a wall and you rabid lefties just can't stand it. You want completely open borders.

Which is why Trump was elected president because of his strong stance on enforcing immigration laws and building a wall and you rabid lefties just can't stand it. You want completely open borders.

You want to murder every brown person.

This is a fun game.

Where is the Big Wall?....LOL

What? We were talking about immigration. Did you take a kool-aid break?

No, you were making up absurd straw men.

Somehow you turned "the usual immigration process should be followed" into "completely open borders."

Sounds like something a partisan hack would do.

No, you were making up absurd straw men.

Somehow you turned "the usual immigration process should be followed" into "completely open borders."

Sounds like something a partisan hack would do.

Please show where Democrats want to follow the usual immigration process. They've got sanctuary cities for God's sake. They don't want immigration laws to be enforced.

Please show where Democrats want to follow the usual immigration process. They've got sanctuary cities for God's sake. They don't want immigration laws to be enforced.

Forcing local PD to spend resources on doing ICE's job instead of going after violent criminals is what you want?

We need to turn these people back...We have NO obligation to take them in...

We have no obligation to automatically take them in, but we do have a constitutional obligation to hear the case of those that legally present themselves as refugees seeking asylum. We have a written, legal, process for that.

They are economic migrants. Mexico is just getting rid of them.

Forcing local PD to spend resources on doing ICE's job instead of going after violent criminals is what you want?

So, you're admitting that Democrats are against enforcing immigration because there are bigger fish to fry.

You have eight years of Republican obstructionism to pay for.

Eight years? Which eight years are those? Since 2015 Republicans took over both the Senate and the House and Obama was the obstructionist, being against the will of the people who voted Republicans into office. So, Democrats have been obstructionists for 3 years now. Are you saying that when one party has control of both the House and the Senate while the other party is control of the White House, that it is Congress who are the obstructionists? Now think about that before you answer.

They have no rights to country shop when seeking asylum....I believe that the UN refugee standards say that they are to seek refugee status in the closest safe country....Besides, fleeing gang violence is a local police matter, NOT a refugee matter.....We give them $100 million per year to battle that....

We also sell the gangs all the firepower they could ever want to fight the Mexican government.

ATF targets gun dealers to stem cartel arms trade - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

https://www.upi.com/Arizona-gun-sho...eapons-to-Mexican-drug-cartels/3831521517333/

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...f-thousands-of-illegal-guns-come-from-the-u-s

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...gun-shopping-in-houston-idUSTRE54S04A20090529

I'm at a loss. I can't even imagine what many of these people have gone through to get here.

To any of you crapping on them- they are fleeing their homes because they have no recourse. Much of my family did the same from Germany before WW2.

These folks are desperate, they don't have the luxury of waiting for the proper paperwork to clear. They're refugees. They're in an emergency situation.

This country has always been a refuge for people like them. If we stop being that, then we betray our very soul as a country.

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Or do we no longer stand for those ideals? I'm sorry, but much of family would not be here without that ideal. It doesn't matter that we came here before WW2. The same ideal applies now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom