• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Presidents Anointed By God

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
How many Americans believe Trump is anointed by God? - Religion News Service

[FONT=&quot](RNS) — Over the weekend, Rick Perry, the U.S. secretary of energy, became the latest highly placed evangelical Christian to claim that President Trump is the “chosen one.” [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Not long ago, Paula White, the Pentecostal pastor who was recently named to head the White House’s faith outreach office, said she couldn’t refuse a request to serve from the president. “To say no to President Trump would be saying no to God, and I won’t do that.” [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Rev. [/FONT]Franklin Graham[FONT=&quot] has made similar allusions, saying, “I think God was behind the last election,” as has former U.S. Representative [/FONT]Michele Bachmann[FONT=&quot]. Wayne Allyn Root, a conservative author, radio host and conspiracy theorist, has called Trump the “[/FONT]King of Israel[FONT=&quot]” and “the second coming of God.”[/FONT]

This is some seriously frightening stuff.

Perhaps things like this might help some people understand why the non-religious in the world are speaking out louder and louder.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Trump is my Lord and Savior

Well, look on the bright side... at least Michele Bachmann has company now.

"He is highly biblical, and I would say to your listeners, we will in all likelihood never see a more godly, biblical president again in our lifetime!" - Michele talking about Trump way back around April, so Rick Perry and Franklin Graham are just catching up to her bat **** crazy status.

Perhaps things like this might help some people understand why the non-religious in the world are speaking out louder and louder.

1. I cannot believe in "God" because of the unspeakable tragedies that mark everyone's life in one way or another.

2. BUT I envy those people who are able to convince themselves that "God" exists. It gives them the strength to endure this brief nightmare called life.

3. So if they think that "God" anoints our presidents, then bless their little hearts.

4. Personally, I find it rather offensive, for example, to think that "God" anointed Abraham Lincoln, who went on to conduct a four-year war that took the lives of least 600,000 young men.

4. Personally, I find it rather offensive, for example, to think that "God" anointed Abraham Lincoln, who went on to conduct a four-year war that took the lives of least 600,000 young men.

Apparently god has no issues with slavery and such, but I'd think a bigger "offense" might be an "anointed POTUS" who drops multiple atomic bombs on civilian cities.

People are free to believe anything they want...doesn't make it true...

[FONT="]
[/FONT]

Meh, they like his Supreme Court nominees.

Last edited:
2. BUT I envy those people who are able to convince themselves that "God" exists. It gives them the strength to endure this brief nightmare called life.

Sad sad sad life.

How many Americans believe Trump is anointed by God? - Religion News Service

[FONT="]
[/FONT]

They are following a false prophet if not the Anti-Christ himself.

3g1gyq.jpg

They never left. OTOH, I think the "Trump is the Chosen One" circus is much more dangerous.

Who are the dangerous ones?

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son." - 1 John 2:22

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son." - 1 John 2:22

People who believe Trump is anointed by God and/or the Second Coming of Christ.

Agreed on 1 John 2:22. The "dangerous ones" are those claiming scripture applies to Trump as the Christ.

3dq5we.jpg

I remember being in Spain during Franco’s time. Coins had his image with the saying, “Fco. Franco, caudillo de Espana por la gloria de dios,” “dictator of Spain for the glory of God.” Bad precedent.

that is. of course, meaningless rhetoric designed to stop the faithful from questioning the falsehoods they have been taught.

that is. of course, meaningless rhetoric designed to stop the faithful from questioning the falsehoods they have been taught.

You're not trying to be logical when it comes to logicman are you? :shock:

Back
Top Bottom