• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US finds growing evidence Russia feeding emails to WikiLeaks

Grand Mal

Russian warship, go f*** yourself!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
CNN is reporting that, "There is mounting evidence that the Russian government is supplying WikiLeaks with hacked emails pertaining to the US presidential election, US officials familiar with the investigation have told CNN."

and... "The Director of National Intelligence -- representing 19 US intelligence agencies -- and the Department of Homeland Security leveled unambiguous charges against Russia on Friday."

US sees more signs Russia feeding emails to WikiLeaks - CNNPolitics.com

Trump has friends in high places, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Russia manipulating US election?

CNN is reporting that, "There is mounting evidence that the Russian government is supplying WikiLeaks with hacked emails pertaining to the US presidential election, US officials familiar with the investigation have told CNN."

and... "The Director of National Intelligence -- representing 19 US intelligence agencies -- and the Department of Homeland Security leveled unambiguous charges against Russia on Friday."

If the information provided is the truth, what matter the source?

Snowden stole secret information, much of which shows how our government has been systematically violating our rights. Should we have ignored it because it was stolen?

Now it may very well be that the Russians are trying to influence the election. But then so are the power elites behind the MSM. I guess that's okay because they are American special interests groups rights? :roll:

As long as we recognize the source, we should still be able to sift through the materials and use them to make an informed decision.

Last edited:

Where do they get this stuff from? I bet they just get the talking points from the DNC or Media Matters and regurgitate it. Attack the source of the information with a bunch of generated allegations, with no proof, but not the information. Is there any major media source that has reported on any of the information produced by Wikileaks? CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, HuffPo, WaPo, NYT and Politico have all been exposed for shilling for Hillary in emails exposed by Wikileaks. Of course "da rushins" are at fault. The Russians are the enemy in a lot of movies so why not here. The average person might just be stupid enough to believe it without any actual proof.
Poor Hitlery.
Alexis Simendinger: Clinton Casting Herself As A Victim Of The Russians To Sidestep WikiLeaks Revelations | Video | RealClearPolitics

So what's the big deal? George Soros is manipulating the US election too. As are CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC...

Do you really think that the Russian state sponsored espionage organs would be so careless as to leave evidence? I think CNN underestimates them. I think that if the Russians state sponsored espionage organs were doing this it would be without leaving that evidence.

My bet is still on hackers that probably live in Russia or the ex-Easter Block countries. Anonymous has claimed to have also taken up the anti-Hillary cause.

I have to agree with the previous poster, if it's the truth, why would the source matter?

Do you really think that the Russian state sponsored espionage organs would be so careless as to leave evidence? I think CNN underestimates them. I think that if the Russians state sponsored espionage organs were doing this it would be without leaving that evidence.

My bet is still on hackers that probably live in Russia or the ex-Easter Block countries. Anonymous has claimed to have also taken up the anti-Hillary cause.

I have to agree with the previous poster, if it's the truth, why would the source matter?

They did a terrible job of trying to hide what they were doing in the Ukraine. I think you're giving them too much credit. Gone are the days of mysterious men in trench coats burning hand-written messages in dark alleys with only - dare I say removable - human eyes to see. The digital era provides greater capabilities but it has also made it easier to get caught than it used to be.

Last edited:

Trump doesn't realise the little voice in his head is Putin's.

They did a terrible job of trying to hide what they were doing in the Ukraine. I think you're giving them too much credit. Gone are the days of mysterious men in trench coats burning hand-written messages in dark alleys with only - dare I say removable - human eyes to see. The digital era provides greater capabilities but it has also made it easier to get caught than it used to be.

Maybe. Maybe not. True, that trench coats and handwritten notes are probably no longer used such as you describe, but I don't think the Russians have ignored computing technologies, such as what it appears you are suggesting.

As an example, It is known, as a certainty, that an MS Exchange server, such as Hillary's, can be hacked, all the emails copied off, and any traces of the intrusion removed. Without a trace of the intrusion, there's no leads to follow, and if you did have some leads, it probably is walking all over the Internet hop to hop to hop, from anonymizing server to anonymizing so as leaving the finding the end destination next to impossible. Yes, such capabilities and skills in setting up are now part of spy-craft, and the Russians would have the resources to have multiple isolated teams trained in the art.

Being breached and leaving no trace, this is what I believe that happened Hillary's server, and it is consistent with Comey's congressional testimony. But the real bottom line is that no one knows for sure, only the hackers, should they exist, would know.

I think it likely this server was breached. Such a juicy target, with no doubt US national secrets and classified documents and other compromising materials stored there, it would have been irresistible to the private hacking community. They believe that there would be no repercussions from their hacking, and as often as not, they'd be right. A mere fraction of these hacking episodes are ever investigated, much less prosecuted.

If on the national level, the games field and players change, significantly, as do the repercussions. Repercussions that might cause any leader of state, any head of a spy agency legitimate reason to pause, and reconsider authorizing the attempt.

Information Security prudence would dictate that response should be as if a breach happened and also as if a breach could happen. It's clear that neither of these positions were ever taken with that particular email server.

Where do they get this stuff from? I bet they just get the talking points from the DNC or Media Matters and regurgitate it. Attack the source of the information with a bunch of generated allegations, with no proof, but not the information. Is there any major media source that has reported on any of the information produced by Wikileaks? CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, HuffPo, WaPo, NYT and Politico have all been exposed for shilling for Hillary in emails exposed by Wikileaks. Of course "da rushins" are at fault. The Russians are the enemy in a lot of movies so why not here. The average person might just be stupid enough to believe it without any actual proof.
Poor Hitlery.
Alexis Simendinger: Clinton Casting Herself As A Victim Of The Russians To Sidestep WikiLeaks Revelations | Video | RealClearPolitics

The Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security, according to the story.

CNN's credibility when it comes to any objective reporting that involves the Clinton or this election:

This one is a hoot.
CHRIS CUOMO, CNN: Remember, it is illegal to possess these stolen documents. It is different from the media. So everything you learn about this, you are learning from us.

This one is good too. It is a a few years old but still applies:

The Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security, according to the story.

Nope, they didn't say that they could prove that the Russians are the hackers. They strongly suspect that it was the Russians. I strongly suspect that they would lie about it if it was anybody but the Russians. It fits their agenda.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066440306 said:
So what's the big deal? George Soros is manipulating the US election too. As are CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC...

But it's okay that they do it because they are Hillary supporters.

But it's okay that they do it because they are Hillary supporters.

Exactly; lie, cheat, steal, start fights, take unsubstantiated cheap shots that can't be proven, and basically denigrate the other guy.

The Democrat party from the KKK to BLM, they manufacture terror and lies and cultivate victims. What a sorry bunch of of asshats.

This a false flag operation. If Clinton wins, they'll all be best buds again.

Trump doesn't realise the little voice in his head is Putin's.

You post the most ridiculous ****, especially lately.

Nope, they didn't say that they could prove that the Russians are the hackers. They strongly suspect that it was the Russians. I strongly suspect that they would lie about it if it was anybody but the Russians. It fits their agenda.

They need to publish some goddamn proof to back up their numerous and frequent allegations. Otherwise, their own credibility deserves to be in the toilet.

They need to publish some goddamn proof to back up their numerous and frequent allegations. Otherwise, their own credibility deserves to be in the toilet.

It is already in the toilet. They are wagging the dog and they know it. They just hope the public is stupid enough to believe it.

They have an agenda? What, I wonder.

I think they are wagging the dog.

Be clear. Are you saying the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security are lying when they say they have evidence that Russia is feeding. emails to wikileaks?

Be clear. Are you saying the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security are lying when they say they have evidence that Russia is feeding. emails to wikileaks?

Uhhhyep.

You believe Russia over the head of the US government intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security? When they tell you that Russia is doing something and Russia denies it?
You're just tugging my chain, right?

You believe Russia over the head of the US government intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security? When they tell you that Russia is doing something and Russia denies it?
You're just tugging my chain, right?

No, I don't believe either. You are trying to make an ether or thing. I don't have to believe one or the other. I believe that anyone in the Obama administration is capable of lying to push votes in the direction of Hillary. I also believe that it is possible that Russia is behind the hack but that doesn't make any sense.

Here is what bothers me about the whole "Russia hacked us" thing. Whoever hacked us has released usernames and passwords on several accounts on the DCN, DCCC and Clinton.com servers. That means they had free reign to sit back and suck up intel for years. Why would they give that up? Just so Trump could be elected? I just don't buy that. Now everyone has tightened security (theoretically) because of the exposed hacks and it only made it harder to collect intel. I think it was an individual. That individual might be a Russian or German or Austrian or American. There is a guy called Cyberzeist that hacked the DNC and Clinton.com server on the 14th and put all the usernames, passwords and credit card info of every account holder on those servers. He is also the same one that hacked Podesta's phone account and wiped all of his cloud information. He also hacked his twitter account on the same night. This is just one guy.

Here is some stuff on a reddit page about him. He is saying that he is going to leak some of the latest info from those servers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald...eaks_to_come_preview/?st=iugjiyw6&sh=eb69fb91

If you want to look around the net at some of his stuff be careful where you go.

I don't care where the info comes from as long as it's true.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066440306 said:

So you find foreign influence equitable to domestic special interest? That is at best stupid, and at worse treasonous.

Back
Top Bottom