• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US economy added only 75,000 jobs in May

Lol. Congress? Lol
Yes, our government. If Trump can't lead, negotiate, and build consensus, it's time to get someone who can.

Obama did a better job at the border, by far. Hell, he built over 600 miles of fence, the fence type that Trump is calling a "wall". Trump even claimed 2 miles of it as his recently, when he put a plaque with his name on it, and had a big show of it. What a freaking charade.

The Cartels are getting rich smuggling people. Meanwhile Mexico looks the other way. I wonder if the officials are being bribed to look the other way as illegals pass through Mexico. The tariffs may get their attention.

Claiming all Mexican authorities are corrupt is not a convincing argument. You think we'll tax the cartels? Haha.

Yes, our government. If Trump can't lead, negotiate, and build consensus, it's time to get someone who can.

Obama did a better job at the border, by far. Hell, he built over 600 miles of fence, the fence type that Trump is calling a "wall". Trump even claimed 2 miles of it as his recently, when he put a plaque with his name on it, and had a big show of it. What a freaking charade.

Work with the cud chewer? He’s overseas commemorating D Day and the cud chewer is wishing bad things on him. Work with that bitch? Ha!

Cherry picking one statistic and coming up with a prediction based on that statistic is foolish. You should look at the entire jobs report.

For example...

299,000 people moved from part time jobs to full time jobs.

3.1% wage growth.

And this is in spite of the globalists spouting off about fears about Trump's actions toward other countries and the effects on the "global economy". The US economy is doing great.
That wage growth is down a tenth from last month, and is only two tenths higher than when Obama left office. It is not high-enough on it's own to indicate a lack of labor, at least yet.

Hopefully it will get there, but it isn't yet, though I'm hoping that one tenth slip is noise rather than a trend.

Work with the cud chewer? He’s overseas commemorating D Day and the cud chewer is wishing bad things on him. Work with that bitch? Ha!
Sorry. You still haven't presented an argument for Trump's leadership failures. He had DACA for a wall, two things the country badly needs, and he threw it away. And now look at the border. This is what he gave to us. Like I said, Obama did way better on the border.

Sorry. You still haven't presented an argument for Trump's leadership failures. He had DACA for a wall, two things the country badly needs, and he threw it away. And now look at the border. This is what he gave to us. Like I said, Obama did way better on the border.
Obama did. He sent invitations. Went to Mexico and gave them instructions on how to game the system. He was a true friend to the illegals.

Created 75,000 jobs, eliminating 15,000 which were government, but yet jobs were still created during these China and Mexico trade deals. I'd say that's not bad at all. A lot of pessimism is created by the media and they don't report about the trade deals happening. Job creation will go back up. The fact still remains that this economy is booming. Obama didn't even attempt to come close to this. He said that a whole bunch of these manufacturing jobs were going overseas and never coming back. He also was trying to convince people that 1% job growth was going to be the norm and everybody better get use to it. Obama promised shovel ready jobs, but that turned out to be a lie. He even said business owners, small and big, that they didn't build their businesses, but rather the government did that for them. When job growth did go up, it was full time government and part time jobs (anywhere) that were being filled, not full time private sector hobs, where it's the very heart, backbone, body, mind, and soul of our economy. His "stimulus" (pork) packages promised to reignite the economy financially, but it ended up bad for the markets and the private sector. More people were on Medicaid and food stamps than any other time during the modern era, but Obama claimed it was everyone being "covered" (enslaved).

My favorite line from Obama, talking about the economy and jobs, was about how Trump was going to fix all these problems. "WHAT'S HE GOING TO DO, HUH!? IS HE GOING TO WAVE A MAGIC WAND AND FIX EVERYTHING!?" At that time, not only Obama was calling Trump dumb, but he also acknowledged the economy sucked. But, somehow, he tried to take credit for Trump's extremely successful economic policies, when, during his administration, no one, except the Left and the media, was talking about how great the economy was. People were actually worried the markets would collapse, along with the US dollar. Where I work, there were worries about going under because everyone was switching over to Medicaid. Just an FYI, Medicaid doesn't pay much, and they're usually late in paying doctor offices. Back on topic, there was no good news being paraded by people who were not Leftists and non-media. That was until Trump came.

Markets skyrocketed, jobs were being created left and right, unemployment numbers at an all time low across the board, food stamp recipients are at all time lows, and new trade deals are being negotiated. So if this is an attempt to say that Trump failed, it's a pretty sad argument. Everything that's going right now is necessary because people like Obama and some of the other POTUS's before him didn't have the balls, nor the interest, to do what Trump is doing. If job growth is slow for awhile, so be it. I don't like it, but so long as jobs are being created and the markets stay above 20,000, the US economy will be fine. Job creation numbers will go back up under this President, so I'm not worried at all. This is a bump in the road, and it was inevitable that something like this would happen. The difference between this administration and the regime of the last Presidency is Trump is actually doing something about it and is finding success.

So watch the news articles closely. Mexico is already securing their southern border viciously, arresting two caravan leaders and stopping illegals from entering. This was AFTER Trump made the tariff threat. Well, gee, it looks like sitting on the people you trade with when they're upholding their end of the bargain seems to work. Watch China as well. They're trying to flex their muscle by using those minerals, but that'll come back to bit them in the butt if Trump pulls out many trade deals with China, which he might. China will, ultimately, be the ones losing a lot of money, not the US.

Obama did. He sent invitations. Went to Mexico and gave them instructions on how to game the system. He was a true friend to the illegals.
Obama built 600+ miles of fence, and had nothing like the situation we see now. Look - you can play all the word games and side shows you want, but the results speak for themselves. Trump has a mess on his hands, and he can't fix it. He's a failure in everything he touches. Vote for more of the same, if you'd like. I certainly won't.

Cherry picking one statistic and coming up with a prediction based on that statistic is foolish. You should look at the entire jobs report.

For example...

299,000 people moved from part time jobs to full time jobs.
No, they didn’t. No data available would let you correctly figure out change between part time and full time. And especially since the number of both full time and part time workers stayed about the same (-83k and +66k) your number makes less sense.

No, they didn’t. No data available would let you correctly figure out change between part time and full time. And especially since the number of both full time and part time workers stayed about the same (-83k and +66k) your number makes less sense.

BLS disagrees with you...

The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons
(sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) declined
by 299,000 in May to 4.4 million.
These individuals, who would have
preferred full-time employment, were working part time because their
hours had been reduced or they were unable to find full-time jobs.
Over the past 12 months, the number of involuntary part-time workers
has declined by 565,000. (See table A-8.)

In May, 1.4 million persons were marginally attached to the labor
force, little changed from a year earlier. (Data are not seasonally
adjusted.) These individuals were not in the labor force, wanted and
were available for work, and had looked for a job sometime in the
prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed because they had
not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey. (See table
A-16.)

Among the marginally attached, there were 338,000 discouraged workers
in May, little changed from a year earlier. (Data are not seasonally
adjusted.) Discouraged workers are persons not currently looking for
work because they believe no jobs are available for them. The remaining
1.1 million persons marginally attached to the labor force in May had
not searched for work for reasons such as school attendance or family
responsibilities. (See table A-16.)

Access Denied

So...299,000 people stopped working part time jobs. Numbers of marginally attached people didn't change and number of discouraged workers didn't change. That means those people who gave up part time jobs had to take on full time jobs. Since they were already working jobs, their switch didn't change the unemployment rate or the number of new jobs.

But those people's economic situation certainly got better.

BLS disagrees with you...

So...299,000 people stopped working part time jobs.
No, the net change from April to May of people working part time for economic reasons was -299,000. Net change in level. Meaning some people became part time for Econ reasons and some people stopped and 299,000 more people stopped. Since about a quarter of those part time for Econ reasons already had full time jobs but worked fewer than 35 hours because there hours were cut, it was their first or last week at s full time job, or it’s the off-season so fewer hours.
The majority of the change was from full timers who had their hours cut in April, but not in May.

Numbers of marginally attached people didn't change and number of discouraged workers didn't change. That means those people who gave up part time jobs had to take on full time jobs.
It means nothing of the sort. Why would you expect people to go from part time to Econ reasons to marginally attached rather than other not in the labor force or unemployed? There is no particular relationship between part time for Econ reasons and marginally attached.
Since they were already working jobs, their switch didn't change the unemployment rate or the number of new jobs.
Again: net change, not set number of people changing. And again, most of the change was from full timers who had hours cut in April. For those who normally work part time there is no way to tell the gross number who left part time for Econ reasons and there’s no way to tell how they were dispersed. There are no direct connections between any categories. Even employment and unemployment can both go up or both go down.

But those people's economic situation certainly got better.
Some, for sure, but all? No way to tell.

Ultimately, is impoverishing Mexico a solution? No. That'll make things worse.

I just love how the imps think trump is playing 5d chess and he can't see move #2. Impoverish Mexico, immigration increases. Stupid man is stupid.

Ok, I just gotta say I sense a bit of satisfaction on the part of our more left leaning posters. Almost a sense of giddiness or group high-fives. Shame on you; is getting something against Trump more important that the economic health of your country?

Ok, I just gotta say I sense a bit of satisfaction on the part of our more left leaning posters. Almost a sense of giddiness or group high-fives. Shame on you; is getting something against Trump more important that the economic health of your country?
Can you provide some quotes of some leftwingers being happy about poor job numbers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm just wondering if the jobs numbers are real or fake this time. We know they were fake during the Obama years, and have been real during the Trump years when everything is good, but if things go bad, are they fake again? Maybe part of the liberal plot to destroy dear leader?

Back
Top Bottom