• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Military Begins Moving THAAD Missile Defense to South Korea Site: media

Good.

People seem to forget that we are actually at war with North Korea already. Have been since June 25, 1950.

We have only been in a state of "peace negotiations" since the armistice (a temporary cessation of fighting by mutual consent; a truce) of July 27, 1953.

We have an entire Army Division, the Second Infantry Division, permanently stationed there in case the North decides talking is over and war starts up again.

Having been stationed there myself I am happy at any extra advanced defensive systems deployed to cover our troops.

IMO anyone who thinks we should dance to the tune played by whichever member of the Kim family dynasty happens to be in control of N.K. is a short-sighted ....:censored

They have been prancing and threatening for over 60 years. Only equal threat keeps them in line.

This is certainly a new approach. I await further developments with interest.

you would have the same wussy snowflake thing to say in 1941 with regards to Germany...and if u got your way u would be speaking German on your family would have been wiped out by Hitler

Hmmm...I know there was at least one significant difference between German 1941 and now. I just can't think of it.

Oh yeah, everybody has nuclear-tipped icbms pointing at each other now.

Why....Germany didnt attack us they were an ocean away and that was far very far in 1941

Germany declared war against us first and the reality is that the U.S. and Germany engaged in combat on several occasions months before that while the U.S. was supposedly neutral. A direct conflict with Germany was inevitable anyway. Not so with North Korea.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I know there was at least one significant difference between German 1941 and now. I just can't think of it.

Oh yeah, everybody has nuclear-tipped icbms pointing at each other now.

Think of them as clean weapons.

Well, maybe things might be different if Republicans and the military were ever able to demonstrate they're capable of effectively fighting one. They couldn't even handle Afghanistan, they bungled Iraq and North Korea actually has nuclear weapons in addition to biological and chemical weapons galore that Kim Jong Un would not be afraid to use. No, war is out of the question. Supporting a coup on the other hand is not.

Actually, bud, that's not really true. In both Iraq and Afghanistan the initial military objectives were accomplished with incredible speed. The insurgencies, while they caused US causulties, have/had zero chance of taking power in the face of our forces and some of the better motivated forces that we have trained.

They would be fed to the dogs before it even got off the ground.

Yep he is a paranoid nut job.
he killed his uncle and other relatives due to the same paranoia

a coup would not be possible. he doesn't care about his people or anything else so
he getting into a fight with him is impossible as well for the same reason.

he will do things that we simply would not do such as destroy and entire city and everyone in it.

Trump's nuts and Kim's nuts. Why antagonize etiher one. Two sickos with very dangerous toys.
/

IMO this is a very accurate assessment; Trump is playing with fire because his ego needs a fix

I warned people about idiot Don Cheeto two years ago but I guess folks like maniacal folks with their finger on the big red button

well folks, I guess some crazy folks got what they wanted ....... good luck ....... Trump won the election; the world will lose ........

happy now?

We're making war preparations against a nuclear armed country that's allied with an even bigger nuclear armed country and which is right next door to the biggest nuclear armed adversary we have. And this is all happening under the leadership of a narcissistic liar with dementia.

I'm not sure we're gonna make it.

Don Cheeto's base doesn't care about survival for themselves, or for their posterity; it's all about having your candidate 'win'

we won!! now we can go and start WWIII ....... yippy ........

you would have the same wussy snowflake thing to say in 1941 with regards to Germany...and if u got your way u would be speaking German on your family would have been wiped out by Hitler

The US got involved directly when the US military was attacked at pearl Harbor by Japanese forces , thus a good reason to declare war

was FDR a snowflake? NO, he was smart not to directly engage in war until which time US forces were attacked

Well, maybe things might be different if Republicans and the military were ever able to demonstrate they're capable of effectively fighting one. They couldn't even handle Afghanistan, they bungled Iraq and North Korea actually has nuclear weapons in addition to biological and chemical weapons galore that Kim Jong Un would not be afraid to use. No, war is out of the question. Supporting a coup on the other hand is not.

Your responses are getting more hysterical in every post. A coup?? And who would we get with that? Some sane North Korean?

Actually, bud, that's not really true. In both Iraq and Afghanistan the initial military objectives were accomplished with incredible speed. The insurgencies, while they caused US causulties, have/had zero chance of taking power in the face of our forces and some of the better motivated forces that we have trained.

Taking power from whom? The government of Afghanistan has very little influence outside the city limits of Kabul. Drug lords and private militias run Afghanistan. Both Iraq and Afghanistan are easy street compared to what we'd face in North Korea.

Taking power from whom? The government of Afghanistan has very little influence outside the city limits of Kabul. Drug lords and private militias run Afghanistan. Both Iraq and Afghanistan are easy street compared to what we'd face in North Korea.

In Afghanistan, the people who control the cities control the government. And the Afghan government controls the cities.

In Afghanistan, the people who control the cities control the government. And the Afghan government controls the cities.

Which doesn't say much for a government as impotent as the one in Kabul.

It's a good thing Trump doesn't show his hand to the enemy like he promised..

Oh wait.

Yep he is a paranoid nut job.
he killed his uncle and other relatives due to the same paranoia

a coup would not be possible. he doesn't care about his people or anything else so
he getting into a fight with him is impossible as well for the same reason.

he will do things that we simply would not do such as destroy and entire city and everyone in it.

I guess the best thing that could be said of him is he is not a religious kook and doesn't think that if he dies he will meet Allah.

I seem to remember that the threat in Iraq was almost destroyed a few years ago.

Besides a Democrat has been in office for the last 8 years. What exactly did he do in office to "fix" Iraq and Afghanistan?

If you were stationed there then you should be aware of a reality that makes starting things up a little short-sited as well, that being the thousands of conventional artillery batteries aimed at Seoul, which a missile shield isn't going to do anything to stop.

That is what C-RAM is for.

I seem to remember that the threat in Iraq was almost destroyed a few years ago.

Besides a Democrat has been in office for the last 8 years. What exactly did he do in office to "fix" Iraq and Afghanistan?

If you were stationed there then you should be aware of a reality that makes starting things up a little short-sited as well, that being the thousands of conventional artillery batteries aimed at Seoul, which a missile shield isn't going to do anything to stop.

That is what C-RAM is for.

We're making war preparations against a nuclear armed country that's allied with an even bigger nuclear armed country and which is right next door to the biggest nuclear armed adversary we have. And this is all happening under the leadership of a narcissistic liar with dementia.

Wait, so China is now our largest "nuclear armed adversary"? What happened to Russia?

And in case you have not been paying attention to the news in the past weeks, China has been telling North Korea to stand down, and stop both the provocations as well as their nuclear tests.

Trust me, if NK starts yet another war, China will not jump in to bail them out a second time.

Do not forget, China has already cut their oil exports to NK in half, and their coal exports by 2/3 because of the tests conducted in February. They also are just about out of patience with the posturing of North Korea.

I'm certainly not prepared to explain to the Japanese why Tokyo is a radioactive ruin just because the Great Orange One wanted to pound his chest. But by all means, we can parachute you over Pyongyang. You can move to the front of the line since you're itching for a war.

If you think that a war between the US and NK would cause them to nuke Japan, then that alone shows how insane and deadly North Korea must be.

Hey, John And Bill had better not fight, or John will go over and kick Peter's ass.

Makes no sense.

Wait, so China is now our largest "nuclear armed adversary"? What happened to Russia?

Russia is right where it's always been: on North Korea's border.

And in case you have not been paying attention to the news in the past weeks, China has been telling North Korea to stand down, and stop both the provocations as well as their nuclear tests.Trust me, if NK starts yet another war, China will not jump in to bail them out a second time.Do not forget, China has already cut their oil exports to NK in half, and their coal exports by 2/3 because of the tests conducted in February. They also are just about out of patience with the posturing of North Korea.

As China's president tutored Trump: this is not as easy as "we" all thought. In other words, China has less control than you like to imagine.

But that doesn't help at all. Barely a quarter of Afghanistan's population actually lives in urban areas. The rest live in rural towns and villages, often times isolated from the rest of Afghanistan.

We're not winning in Afghanistan, nor are we losing. The situation more closely resembles a stalemate. Our efforts to destroy the Taliban and create a secure future government for Afghanistan have failed, but at the same time they have failed to achieve their own objectives. It's a draw right now.

No, America would be speaking English, albeit I wouldn't exist because my family came from Germany after the war.

But that doesn't help at all. Barely a quarter of Afghanistan's population actually lives in urban areas. The rest live in rural towns and villages, often times isolated from the rest of Afghanistan.

We're not winning in Afghanistan, nor are we losing. The situation more closely resembles a stalemate. Our efforts to destroy the Taliban and create a secure future government for Afghanistan have failed, but at the same time they have failed to achieve their own objectives. It's a draw right now.

But looking at history, we can tell that even in that case, a government which controls the cities can hold out for a suprisingly long time. Look at how long the communists stayed in charge even after the Russians pulled out.

Back
Top Bottom