• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Tweeting: Pick your Hell.

Trump's Tweeting: Pick your Hell

• Total voters

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
You, the American voter, and through means not necessary to explain, have acquired the ability to remove Trump's access to Twitter.

Do you...

1. Take it away, thus removing one aspect in which he continues to humiliate himself and, by extension, the rest of the country in the world's eye.
2. Let him keep it, thus reminding voters every day of their terrible, terrible decision in preparation for 2018 or 2020.
3. Other.
4. My wife the tramp.

You, the American voter, and through means not necessary to explain, have acquired the ability to remove Trump's access to Twitter.

Do you...

1. Take it away, thus removing one aspect in which he continues to humiliate himself and, by extension, the rest of the country in the world's eye.
2. Let him keep it, thus reminding voters every day of their terrible, terrible decision in preparation for 2018 or 2020.
3. Other.
4. My wife the tramp.

he will keep it. until he leaves office in 2024 there is no need for him to remove his account.

Do you...

3. Other.
4. My wife the tramp.

I'd take it away. It's far too embarrassing for America, and angry tweeting as the President can cause actual, real world consequences on the international arena.

Other -- I'd put him in Twitter Gulag until his presidency is over.

5. It's the new daily press briefing...get over it.

Twitter is like a drain for the stupidity bouncing around in his brain.

Without it, the thoughts would build up in his mind and he'd explode into a supercyan rage fit, launching surgical drone strikes against CNN and Rosie O Donnels house.

Other -- I'd put him in Twitter Gulag until his presidency is over.

Not entirely certain how that wouldn't be a vote for the first option, but okay.

Not entirely certain how that wouldn't be a vote for the first option, but okay.

Because I wouldn't take it away -- he can go back to it when he's done being president.

Do you...

3. Other.
4. My wife the tramp.

Number one. Take that **** away.

He can tweet when he's no longer El Presidente.

Let the boy keep his toy.

Hopefully they do take twitter away from him. It is really funny to see the crap he writes, but he is going to have to play adult for at least 4 years so he better have to speak through a filter.

The fact that we're even having this conversation is an indictment of the colossal idiocy of the American electorate.

Without it, the thoughts would build up in his mind and he'd explode into a supercyan rage fit,

It would explode in a blueish-green rage fit?

Do you...

3. Other.
4. My wife the tramp.

Break his tiny infantile fingers so he can't tweet.

My personal opinion is let him keep his Twitter account. Yes, as a nation we continue to look bad, and it's absolutely cringeworthy that we misused the privilege of our voting rights so poorly. But thinking purely domestically, it's important that we're reminded daily of the kind of person making important decisions every day. We can't afford to convince ourselves that a normal human being is acting in the country's best interests. Twitter is the most reliable window into his mind available to us.

Do you...

3. Other.
4. My wife the tramp.

The court of public ridicule is usually harsh and swift. If he is as dangerous as many believe he will ruin his presidential career. Hopefully the presidents career would be ruined before any more serious threats other than his public opinion become relative.

It gives the press and over sensitive liberals something to do when he tweets. Let him keep it. I like seeing the press pissed off.

"take it away", assuming that is possible (it isn't).

As much as I'd like to see him go down in flames, I worry about the collateral damage. I actually want him to work out, somehow, some way. If he fails in the way that Trump fails - grandly and massively - we are all ****ed. I'm not sure he's even aware that the U.S. can't run to some kind of international/galactic bankruptcy court in order to save his miserable *** if he does **** it all up......

My personal opinion is let him keep his Twitter account. Yes, as a nation we continue to look bad, and it's absolutely cringeworthy that we misused the privilege of our voting rights so poorly. But thinking purely domestically, it's important that we're reminded daily of the kind of person making important decisions every day. We can't afford to convince ourselves that a normal human being is acting in the country's best interests. Twitter is the most reliable window into his mind available to us.

In all seriousness though, there are some people who are starting to think his whole tweeting thing is deliberate in the sense that, in the beginning it was just Trump being mental, but Bannon realized it was a useful tool to drawing attention away from other bad news that could be potentially more damaging.

At this point, Trumps cabinet appointments paint a pretty bleak picture and the possible conflicts of interest that not only he, but many of his picks represent is astounding.

And yet his tweets continue to get coverage.

All... Very interesting theories.

In all seriousness though, there are some people who are starting to think his whole tweeting thing is deliberate in the sense that, in the beginning it was just Trump being mental, but Bannon realized it was a useful tool to drawing attention away from other bad news that could be potentially more damaging.

At this point, Trumps cabinet appointments paint a pretty bleak picture and the possible conflicts of interest that not only he, but many of his picks represent is astounding.

And yet his tweets continue to get coverage.

All... Very interesting theories.

I understand that theory. But at the same time, his appointments are getting coverage.

Let him keep it. It's already entertaining and he isn't even Precedent yet. I'm wondering how many giggles, guffaws and belly-laughs were tragically unborn because Dubya didn't Tweet.
Uh, he didn't, did he?

Other. Make him use the POTUS account but have the Secretary of the Twitter Account vet his posts.

I'd take it away. His behavior while Tweeting is embarrassing and not at all Presidential. Since he can't be trusted with it, he should lose the privilege. Like a kid.

Do you...

3. Other.
4. My wife the tramp.

Oh look, another idiotic #boohoowelost thread. How quaint.

Back
Top Bottom