• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's motorcade has arrived in Beverly Park for a $35,000-minimum fundraiser

Wait, who was the moron that convinced you guys that Trump was not aristocratic?

Trump was backed by the Mercers & Betsy DeVos. I don't think he spent a dollar of his own on 'self financing.'

Trump had no $$$$$; he was getting an allowance from his BFF Putty .................

That's a completely fine and intellectually consistent argument to make.

It's the folks that insist that Trump is somehow anti-corruption and fighting against the oligarchy and political class that I have a bone to pick with.

Be honest though, you criticize Trump for far more than just that. That's the problem with the left, they are using the same tactic that the right used against Obama, which wasn't really a personal thing but just rabidness that the other side won and is in power. When the left starts carrying signs and protesting that they want Pence to be president, then I'll believe they really just don't like Trump.

Trump is going to use this (ahem) 'campaign money to fight the legal battles he is SURE to face in the coming years.

He has no intention of running in 2020.

:lamo

This thread is ****ing pathetic.

Campaign fundraisers (including this one if you had bothered to read what you posted) go to fund the RNC...and multiple GOP candidates.

The stupid **** you people whine about....

Be honest though, you criticize Trump for far more than just that. That's the problem with the left, they are using the same tactic that the right used against Obama, which wasn't really a personal thing but just rabidness that the other side won and is in power. When the left starts carrying signs and protesting that they want Pence to be president, then I'll believe they really just don't like Trump.

I have vehement disagreements with Pence as well. But, Trump's cockiness, dishonesty, and lack of emotional intelligence, lack of any intelligence, gets on my nerves. He is the absolute and utter opposite of what I would choose for what represents my values. I think he is an amalgam of America's worst streaks and tendencies. Anyone who worships money the way he does is awash in vanity and avarice, has missed out on any enlightenment and ability to see the big picture. Anyone stupid enough to worship money is a jackass. Also, he is a liar. He pretends to be a champion of the people, but actually acts at the behest of big donors. Something I criticized Obama for too. Also I wasn't a HRC supporter. So, painting my opposition to Trump as just sour grapes, is inaccurate because I have disliked Trump since I saw his ugly mug on TV.

This thread is ****ing pathetic.

Campaign fundraisers (including this one if you had bothered to read what you posted) go to fund the RNC...and multiple GOP candidates.

The stupid **** you people whine about....

Trump takes bribes from big donors just like the corrupt DC swamp he claims to fight. It's business as usual in Washington.

Trump takes bribes from big donors just like the corrupt DC swamp he claims to fight. It's business as usual in Washington.

Yep. and BTW the link in the OP flat out says some of this fundraising is for TRUMP'S reelection. Not all of it is for the RNC. It's going to go right to his camp, and when he decides NOT to run in 2020(if he lasts that long) that money will go right to his pockets and then probably his lawyers.

Rage on.

Rage on.

Hey, I've known this for a long time and I'm cool as a cucumber. In fact it's the people who were duped into thinking Trump was a champion above being bought, that would in fact be raging about today.

He's been campaigning for reelection from Day One when he filed papers to run again. I can't face 7 more years of this real jerk.

Now you know how the other half felt.

I have vehement disagreements with Pence as well. But, Trump's cockiness, dishonesty, and lack of emotional intelligence, lack of any intelligence, gets on my nerves. He is the absolute and utter opposite of what I would choose for what represents my values. I think he is an amalgam of America's worst streaks and tendencies. Anyone who worships money the way he does is awash in vanity and avarice, has missed out on any enlightenment and ability to see the big picture. Anyone stupid enough to worship money is a jackass. Also, he is a liar. He pretends to be a champion of the people, but actually acts at the behest of big donors. Something I criticized Obama for too. Also I wasn't a HRC supporter. So, painting my opposition to Trump as just sour grapes, is inaccurate because I have disliked Trump since I saw his ugly mug on TV.

People like you just can't accept the fact that voters want "none of the above" and that is what Trump represented. Voters still feel that way.

People like you just can't accept the fact that voters want "none of the above" and that is what Trump represented. Voters still feel that way.

Trump doesn't have outsider gimmick going for him anymore. He is a part of the none of the above now, that voters want no part of. He takes money from special interests and does what they tel him to do 9 times out of 10. Just like every other corrupt politician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump doesn't have outsider gimmick going for him anymore. He is a part of the none of the above now, that voters want no part of. He takes money from special interests and does what they tel him to do 9 times out of 10. Just like every other corrupt politician.

The outsider gimmick ended when he appointed a bunch of Goldman Sachs people to his cabinet.

So, what is the solution to "every other corrupt politician"?

So, what is the solution to "every other corrupt politician"?

Vote them out, primary candidates, demand accountability and being beholden to the voters not their donors.

Vote them out, primary candidates, demand accountability and being beholden to the voters not their donors.

The reality is, it can't be done. There are only two viable parties and to get on the ballot in the first place you have to be beholden to the party and voters only have a choice of voting for one of the two parties. The only way voters can hold them accountable is to vote them out by voting for yet another Democrat or Republican who is already beholden to their party.

And the host of the shindig is Broidy. Yeah, another of the swamp dwellers.

you are watching Rachel.......

Tonight, NY Times reporter MARK MAZZETTI appeared on Rachel's nightly MSNBC entertainment hour and said Elliott Broidy's
justification for not complying with the foreign agent registration law is that he considers himself a patriot.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/...y-uae-saudi-arabia-white-house-influence.html
How a Witness for Mueller and a
Republican Donor Influenced the White
House for Gulf Rulers
By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK and MARK MAZZETTI MARCH 21, 2018
A cooperating witness in the special counsel investigation worked for more than a
year to turn a top Trump fund-raiser into an instrument of influence at the White
House for the rulers of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, according to
interviews and previously undisclosed documents.
Hundreds of pages of correspondence between the two men reveal an active
effort to cultivate President Trump on behalf of the two oil-rich Arab monarchies,
both close American allies.

......Elliott Broidy, the deputy finance chairman of the
Republican National Committee — was pushing the White House to remove
Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson, backing confrontational approaches to Iran and
Qatar and repeatedly pressing the president to meet privately outside the White
House with the leader of U.A.E.
Mr. Tillerson was fired last week, and the president has adopted tough
approaches toward both Iran and Qatar.
Mr. Nader tempted the fund-raiser, Mr. Broidy, with the prospect of more than
$1 billion in contracts for his private security company, Circinus, and he helped
deliver deals worth more than $200 million with the United Arab Emirates......

Assembling my post about the hollowing out of government, I learned tonight, counting the secretary, there are nine State Department secretarial positions in total. A Trump appointee named Sullivan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_J._Sullivan_(diplomat) holds both Deputy Secretary positions and is now also interim secretary after Tillerson's firing.

Four of the six assistant secretary slots have been vacant since Jan., 2017, one is manned by an interim, Obama holdover, and the sixth slot, since last week, by an interim designate, recently from Fox and Friends. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_Nauert 44 ambassador slots are vacant.

In reaction, I posted the question, "Has a not yet announced coup already taken place?"

Last edited:
It is amazing how many people on this political board don't know this is an election year.

I'm all for getting rid of the two party system. Where do I sign up?

Well I know its easier said then done, but hey if more Americans considered the value of a US without the two party system, that would be a start.

Trump's motorcade has arrived in Beverly Park for a $35,000-minimum fundraiser

Okay, can anyone who believes Trump is "draining the swamp", "fighting the elite", and "self-financing", explain this?

We all know that Trump did not self-finance his election bid. I hope I don't hear that talking point ever again. Since he did not self-finance and he did take large donations from special interests, he is no better than the corrupt politicians he feigns to wage war upon. Trump has played our broken political system from both sides. As the guy who bribed the politicians and as the receiver of those bribes.

He is as corrupt as anyone in DC. yes, conservatives, he is as corrupted by big money as Hillary Clinton, possibly more.

Really? Do we really need to post the Hillary stuff and Hollywood parties that were exactly the same as your post?

Jesus, dude...

If you're suggesting that you can post stuff about Hillary that is comparable to what Trump did, you are actually agreeing with his point. You are not disputing it, as you seem to think you were.

Back
Top Bottom