• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's lies betray his desperation

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

300x169

Here’s what I hope Robert Mueller will conclude when he is done investigating Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign: The president is innocent of criminal wrongdoing. He did not know of or approve contacts with Russians to influence the election. His interactions with FBI Director James Comey and other Justice Department officials never rose to the level of obstructing justice. But it would require an extraordinary faith in Trump’s character and a stubborn disregard for his behavior to expect that outcome. If there is one inference to be drawn from everything he has done with respect to the investigation and the Russian government, it’s that he suffers from a powerful consciousness of guilt. The latest came in a tweet expressing bitter regret that he didn’t choose someone other than Jeff Sessions for attorney general — because Sessions recused himself and therefore can’t send Mueller packing. Trump doesn’t want a fair and impartial investigation; he wants no investigation. He insists over and over that there was no collusion between his campaign and the Russians. But we already have evidence there was — in the form of guilty pleas by Trump aides Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos for lying to the FBI about their contacts with Russians.

We have evidence in the 2016 meeting hosted by son Donald Jr. and attended by son-in-law Jared Kushner with a Russian lawyer who had promised information from the Kremlin incriminating Hillary Clinton. Meeting secretly with Russians in hopes of cooperating for mutual benefit is collusion, whether illegal or not. This week, we got confirmation that the statement Donald Jr. issued — claiming the meeting was primarily about adoption issues — was dictated by his father. When The Washington Post reported that last year, the White House denied the story. In a memo to Mueller obtained by The New York Times, however, Trump’s lawyers admitted it was true. Yet he has insisted that “nobody’s found any collusion at any level.” The assertion is not only false; it’s flagrantly, obviously false. Over and over, Trump has resorted to complaints, attacks and deceptions. His shifting position on being interviewed under oath by Mueller likewise betrays him. If that weren’t enough to indicate the president has a large pile of things to hide, Trump now claims the power to grant himself a full pardon. But a pardon would be necessary only if he is guilty of specific crimes. Maybe his pattern of chutzpah and untruth is just the essence of his toxic character, which bubbles over no matter what. But more likely, the conduct of Trump and his attorneys reflects their knowledge that he is guilty of serious offenses and their fear that he will be exposed and punished. He looks like someone terrified of going to prison. Even congressional Republicans say he won’t do anything so foolish as to fire Mueller or pardon himself. But desperate men do desperate things.

Time, and the evidence, will tell. It's unfortunate that if the disposition verdict is a thumbs-down, any successor will more than likely pardon Donald J. Trump.

And he knows this. Which is why he has decided to keep attacking and obstructing, forcing a constitutional crisis with the hope that the two other branches will back away from the brink.

300x169

Time, and the evidence, will tell. It's unfortunate that if the disposition verdict is a thumbs-down, any successor will more than likely pardon Donald J. Trump.

And he knows this. Which is why he has decided to keep attacking and obstructing, forcing a constitutional crisis with the hope that the two other branches will back away from the brink.

Than maybe this confrontation needs to happen.

when you are a witch, you don't desire to have a witch hunt going on; I will give Trump credit for that but nothing else ..........

Than maybe this confrontation needs to happen.

Yes, a confrontation will need to be done. You have a president who thinks himself king or dictator. That is obvious to people except his followers.
But just as long as they think he is benefitting them, quite frankly these people will not care about anything or anyone else else. And Trump knows that.

BTW: his behavior is that of an eccentric old man.

Why doesn't Trump say, "I welcome this investigation that will clear my good name."

?

WE all know the answer, lol.

I agree...

Desperation is showing.

A lot of words, signifying comedy.

But it would require an extraordinary faith in Trump’s character and a stubborn disregard for his behavior to expect that outcome. If there is one inference to be drawn from everything he has done with respect to the investigation and the Russian government, it’s that he suffers from a powerful consciousness of guilt.
That’s funny.

He suffers from an investigation which the deputy attorney general did not provide basis for the appointment. He did not provide criminal statutes to investigate.

Why?

There aren't any.

It is a witch hunt.

Oh, how Leftists are going to be pissed when Mueller hands an empty bag regarding collusion and obstruction of justice.

What this exercise has proven is how the FBI, CIA and DoJ were seriously corrupted under Obama.

Last edited:
It is a witch hunt.

But of course. Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to being witches.

Your Trumpian accusations just don't resonate anymore Zimmer.

But of course. Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to being witches.

ROTLOL... I take it that was your best shot... one that missed the target... for...

...It has nothing to do with Russian collusion or obstruction of justice.

Care to try again?

Hope teh homosexual leftists in here calling for what I think they are, are stocked up on ammo.

It won't do ya much good, but OK...

Remind me to stay out y'alls sight. Not much chance of getting out in the sticks where I'm at anyways.

Last edited:
A lot of words, signifying comedy.

That’s funny.

He suffers from an investigation which the deputy attorney general did not provide basis for the appointment. He did not provide criminal statutes to investigate.

Why?

There aren't any.

It is a witch hunt.

Oh, how Leftists are going to be pissed when Mueller hands an empty bag regarding collusion and obstruction of justice.

What this exercise has proven is how the FBI, CIA and DoJ were seriously corrupted under Obama.

Too late. He's already indicted Trump's campaign manager for conspiracy, money laundering, obstruction, and witness tampering.

Way to lose your composure.

I'm cool, calm, and collected, baby. :)

Watch what happens on the 11th, something tells me you should bring a change of underwear.

<hint> There's over 100 indictments ready and prison space made.

What's that Nixon thing? Saturday Night Massacre? Yeah...nothing like that...

small

Last edited:

Watch what happens on the 11th, something tells me you should bring a change of underwear.

Sure. That's why you are talking about guns and violence. This thread is about Trump's lies instead.

BTW. If a gun owner kills someone with his gun it's a two of three chance it is himself or a family member.

<hint> There's over 100 indictments ready and prison space made.

What's that Nixon thing? Saturday Night Massacre? Yeah...nothing like that...

small

Good times.

Sure. That's why you are talking about guns and violence. This thread is about Trump's lies instead.

BTW. If a gun owner kills someone with his gun it's a two of three chance it is himself or a family member.

I'm not talking about guns and violence, I'm talking about staying out of their way with the guns and violence they're talking about.

I can remain hidden. :)

Don't need no super-fancy suit, either.

Awesome. I haven't heard that before. I'm embarrassed that I didn't think of it myself. Sadly, in real life I will pretend that I did. I mention it now so you'll be able to sue my ass in court.

Because I will deserve it. I am shameless.

300x169

Mueller’s authority is limited in jurisdiction to investigate and prosecute federal crimes, for which the president can pardon anyone, like if Pence ends up as president he could pardon Trump. Mueller does also have additional jurisdiction for which he must ask the AG. It’s a long shot, but maybe Mueller finds something that he can refer to a state jurisdiction for prosecution, such as NY. The president has no pardon authority over any state. Just the governor.

They pleaded guilty to perjury traps from an overzealous investigator desperate to keep his investigation relevant.

They pleaded guilty to perjury traps from an overzealous investigator desperate to keep his investigation relevant.

Nah, they pleaded guilty because they were guilty, but also because our generation's foremost prosecutor offered them plea deals to shield themselves from getting prosecuted for far worse like Manafort.

Nah, they pleaded guilty because our generation's foremost prosecutor offered them plea deals to shield themselves from getting prosecuted for far worse like Manafort.

No, not at all. Conspiracy to commit espionage would never be plead down to "lying to the FBI" it would simply never occur. The severity of those charges is so far apart that deal would never be made.

Back
Top Bottom