• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TrumpBot, Rep. Nunes, Reemerges w/ Unilateral Subpoenas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I could set you straight on all that. Good of you to retract your statement.

How you arrived at that statement tells me you couldn't find the word "recuse".

Like you said " I always recommend knowing what one is talking about before actually talking." and I do.

Like you said " I always recommend knowing what one is talking about before actually talking." and I do.

You took the weasel word route, specifying one single word, while ignoring the actions.

Oh, dear me. Looks like you actually don't know what you're talking about. Whether he actually used the word 'recuse' is utterly irrelevant.

Devin Nunes steps aside from House Intel Russia investigation - Business Insider

"Despite the baselessness of the charges, I believe it is in the best interests of the House Intelligence Committee and the Congress for me to have Representative Mike Conaway, with assistance from Representatives Trey Gowdy and Tom Rooney, temporarily take charge of the committee's Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter."

Game. Set. Match.

Factor in Trump obstructing justice gives cause for Impeachment and subsequent Conviction.

How would you prioritize these cases?

Seeing as how there's no evidence of obstruction of justice the actual evidence of a crime committed is #1.

Seeing as how there's no evidence of obstruction of justice the actual evidence of a crime committed is #1.

There are multiple admissions by Trump that he, in fact, obstructed justice.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You took the weasel word route, specifying one single word, while ignoring the actions.

Recuse has legal connotations, do yourself a favor and look it up.

Oh, dear me. Looks like you actually don't know what you're talking about. Whether he actually used the word 'recuse' is utterly irrelevant.

Devin Nunes steps aside from House Intel Russia investigation - Business Insider

"Despite the baselessness of the charges, I believe it is in the best interests of the House Intelligence Committee and the Congress for me to have Representative Mike Conaway, with assistance from Representatives Trey Gowdy and Tom Rooney, temporarily take charge of the committee's Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter."

Game. Set. Match.

Again, recuse has legal connotations, look it up.

LA Times

There are multiple admissions by Trump that he, in fact, obstructed justice.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Impeach him.

You've already demonstrated your lack of knowledge concerning the supposed Nunes recusal so I suggest a mirror test.

You continue to obfuscate and rely on parsing the definition of the words recuse and evidence. Most of us here clearly understand and you fail to acknowledge:

1. Nunes agreed to step aside from the Russian Meddling Investigation while the Ethics Committee investigates Nunes for ethics violations. Nunes has not honored his statement.

2. Many factions of the Intelligence Community distinguish between Intelligence and Evidence. So far, quite a bit of Intelligence suggests continuing to investigate both Trump's connection to Russian Interests and Trump obstructing justice.

Impeach him.

Oh, there may be a little bit more than just impeachment in his future, but I'm not in congress, and I can't impeach him.
You've already demonstrated your lack of knowledge concerning the supposed Nunes recusal so I suggest a mirror test.

Yawn. You can pretend and play cutsie-poo words games all you'd like, but you simply have no idea what you're talking about. Trump has admitted to OOJ several times now. It's public record.

I suggest leaving your fantasies behind and trying out what rational adults collectively recognize as 'reality'.

Thanks for straightening me out! But for you and other Truthers, I would have continued to propagate False News.

Oh...let's be honest shall we? You still will. Regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple have posted Nunes incomplete statement, they seem to have left out this part;

“I will continue to fulfill all my other responsibilities as Committee Chairman, and I am requesting to speak to the Ethics Committee at the earliest possible opportunity in order to expedite the dismissal of these false claims.”

LA Times

What part of;

“I will continue to fulfill all my other responsibilities as Committee Chairman"

didn't y'all understand ??

A couple have posted Nunes incomplete statement, they seem to have left out this part;

“I will continue to fulfill all my other responsibilities as Committee Chairman, and I am requesting to speak to the Ethics Committee at the earliest possible opportunity in order to expedite the dismissal of these false claims.”

LA Times

What part of;

“I will continue to fulfill all my other responsibilities as Committee Chairman"

didn't y'all understand ??

You apparently did not understand the statement. Nunes stated he would step away from the Russian Meddling investigation. Nunes has not fully stepped away. Fulfilling all other responsibilities as Committee Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee does not give him cause to continue involving himself in the Russian Meddling investigation. To think that he has a valid reason to continue involving himself in the Russian Meddling investigation underscores why he received ethics complaints.

Your glaring lack of comprehension on this issue gives you something in common with Nunes.

Recuse has legal connotations, do yourself a favor and look it up.

To recuse your self is to step aside from your duties to avoid potential conflicts of interest or bias. I know what it means. He did it in all but name, but has now reinserted himself where he doesn't belong. Do yourself a favour and stop demonstrating your pettifogging ignorance.

You apparently did not understand the statement. Nunes stated he would step away from the Russian Meddling investigation. Nunes has not fully stepped away. Fulfilling all other responsibilities as Committee Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee does not give him cause to continue involving himself in the Russian Meddling investigation. To think that he has a valid reason to continue involving himself in the Russian Meddling investigation underscores why he received ethics complaints.

Your glaring lack of comprehension on this issue gives you something in common with Nunes.

He signed off on seven subpoenas, which is part of chairmanship responsibilities. What investigating is he doing ??

He signed off on seven subpoenas, which is part of chairmanship responsibilities. What investigating is he doing ??

Three of those subpoenas were issued without consulting the democrats on the committee. He did that unilaterally and that is a problem.

Last edited:
To recuse your self is to step aside from your duties to avoid potential conflicts of interest or bias. I know what it means. He did it in all but name, but has now reinserted himself where he doesn't belong. Do yourself a favour and stop demonstrating your pettifogging ignorance.

Read his full quote very carefully and understand the part that says,

What do you think that means ??

Three of those subpoenas were issued without consulting the democrats on the committee. He did that unilaterally and that is a problem.

True, does that make them invalid ??

Oh please. You try too hard sometimes. Signing off on the 7 subpoenas indicates he did not totally step aside. You probably chose not to mention he issued three subpoenas unilaterally w/o conferring with Schiff. In doing so, he violated the committee rules.

True, does that make them invalid ??

That Nunes violated Committee Rules by issuing the 3 subpoenas unilaterally w/o conferring w/ Schiff casts a shadow on their validity.

Last edited:
Read his full quote very carefully and understand the part that says,

What do you think that means ??

That means he feels frustrated enough to act out inappropriately.

Last edited:
That Nunes violated Committee Rules by issuing the 3 subpoenas unilaterally w/o conferring w/ Schiff casts a shadow on their validity.

"But several subpoenas issued Wednesday did not come from the House Intelligence Committee writ large, but from chair Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA)."
"He retains broad subpoena power and only has to “consult” minority Democrats on the committee in order to issue subpoenas."
"@tomlobianco
@lrozen Committee rules give Nunes broad power ... only has to "consult" minority ... altho unmasking as an issue has some support among Rs on panel"

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/re...-unilaterally-issuing-subpoenas-on-unmasking/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom