• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump will lose in a landslide because of the economy, new election model predicts

Ya, if China had as many people as we do, they'd have just as many. No, that's not the reason.

Yes that is the reason. If you trust a single word coming out of China, as they say - Bless your heart.

I am not convinced that Trump will get blamed for the economy.

First of all, world-wide it has been all but shut down. This is not a uniquely American experience.
Secondly, the economy would have been all but shut down regardless of who The American President was and what party he/she belonged to.
I think Trump had a golden opportunity handed to him by this pandemic. He was given a chance to show real leadership and guide the U.S. through this crisis.
He was not up to the task, and will now likely lose in the Fall. Had he been able to lead, even if it was from mid-March on, he would have been very difficult to beat in November.

What would "real leadership" have looked like? What different decisions would a "real leader" have made?

I'm sure Trump is out. Voters are tired of his antics.

Will the democrats win the senate? That's the question now.

Need three and the whitehouse to take the senate. I'm confident of gaining two and losing one. But am getting more confident of Montana being a third gain now that Bullock jumped in.

That's a net gain of 2. Then there's a bunch of GOP seats on the fence I'm not so sure about but definitely possible.

Yes that is the reason. If you trust a single word coming out of China, as they say - Bless your heart.

total_covid_deaths_per_million.png

What would "real leadership" have looked like? What different decisions would a "real leader" have made?

Not sat on intel doing nothing and lying to the people. Used the war powers act to start ramping up testing equipment and PPE equipment weeks earlier. Used the testing results for contact tracing and more effective quaranteening as well as effective and safe earlier reopenings. A real leader would've united the country in reaction to this instead of dividing the country watching lemmings march on state capitols with guns. A real leader would have listened to the doctors and scientist and told the public to listen to the doctors and scientists instead of telling folks to drink bleach and lysol and eat up hydroxy pills.

You know... lead... with a brain a stuff.

Yeah, I agree. I've seen this model before, and it has a good reputation. But I suspect it is way off due to this being an external induced temporary recession on what was otherwise a reasonable economy. There's no way Biden will get 65% of the vote. But I wish.

I think many people are leaving out one thing when it comes predicting who will win in November... Biden's decreased mental capacity. When he gets on the debate stage the entire country is going to see what kind of shape he's in mentally, and I don't think it's going to inspire much support from independent and undecided voters. There's always a chance he could keep it together for 1 debate, but I can't see him doing it for 3 of them.

By November? :lamo

Most economists say the fall of 2021. But you keep on believing in The Donald.

Obviously the economy will not be back to where it was pre-virus but it will be far better than it is now. I also expect terrific medical announcements RE the virus by the time the election gets here.

Not sat on intel doing nothing and lying to the people. Used the war powers act to start ramping up testing equipment and PPE equipment weeks earlier. Used the testing results for contact tracing and more effective quaranteening as well as effective and safe earlier reopenings. A real leader would've united the country in reaction to this instead of dividing the country watching lemmings march on state capitols with guns. A real leader would have listened to the doctors and scientist and told the public to listen to the doctors and scientists instead of telling folks to drink bleach and lysol and eat up hydroxy pills.

You know... lead... with a brain a stuff.

DO you honestly believe Biden is going to be able to use any of your 20/20 hindsight arguments when his first official comment was to call the President a racist for closing travel from China and instituting the first Federal quarantines in 50 years?

I think many people are leaving out one thing when it comes predicting who will win in November... Biden's decreased mental capacity. When he gets on the debate stage the entire country is going to see what kind of shape he's in mentally, and I don't think it's going to inspire much support from independent and undecided voters. There's always a chance he could keep it together for 1 debate, but I can't see him doing it for 3 of them.

You are so correct. Look to the person who is running with Biden for VP. Because that is the person who will be pulling the white house strings if the democrats win in November 2020!
Poor Biden is losing it mentally.

DO you honestly believe Biden is going to be able to use any of your 20/20 hindsight arguments when his first official comment was to call the President a racist for closing travel from China and instituting the first Federal quarantines in 50 years?

Heyyyyy... where'd the goal posts go?

I am not convinced that Trump will get blamed for the economy.

First of all, world-wide it has been all but shut down. This is not a uniquely American experience.
Secondly, the economy would have been all but shut down regardless of who The American President was and what party he/she belonged to.

I think Trump had a golden opportunity handed to him by this pandemic. He was given a chance to show real leadership and guide the U.S. through this crisis.

He was not up to the task, and will now likely lose in the Fall. Had he been able to lead, even if it was from mid-March on, he would have been very difficult to beat in November.

Although he's made mistakes along the way, he certainly has been leading. He could've just played it safe, and said "we'll listen to the Dr.s /scientists ", and follow their advice. And if he did, and the Dr.s/scientists, who are risk adverse, kept everything shut down until there is a vaccine, the MSM would be saying the same thing, "he's not leading". He has been leading the whole way through. From putting travel restrictions on, to creating the covid19 task force, enacting guidelines, to sending hospital ships to hard hit areas. And for his leadership, he's been called a xenophobe and a racist, and criticized at every turn. It doesn't matter what he does. The left/MSM will continue to attack him. They've done it for 3 1/2 years, and will do it right up to, and after his re-election. The fact that he's still standing, and continues to fight, is amazing in itself!

.. Biden's decreased mental capacity. When he gets on the debate stage the entire country is going to see what kind of shape he's in mentally, and I don't think it's going to inspire much support from independent and undecided voters.

I predict that the morning after Joe's first debate, the liberal press will be screaming for ANYONE! to fill the slot. It's going to be ugly.

Heyyyyy... where'd the goal posts go?

Sorry. I mistakenly though this was Trump will lose in a landslide thread. If you want to keep your "goalposts" focused on some imaginary candidate that is going to magically appear with your imaginary record of leadership, fine. How about Andy Cuomo? He di suchj a bang-up job of "real leadership" I was particularly impressed with his order to send Covid positive patients into THE most vulnerable communities.

I predict that the morning after Joe's first debate, the liberal press will be screaming for ANYONE! to fill the slot. It's going to be ugly.

Not at all. Trump can't debate. All he can do is hurl insults and smear people. Trump has no policy accomplishments.

Trump doesn't know the material in-depth. Biden does.

There will be no Fauci/Birx team to bail out Donnie in a debate.

Sorry. I mistakenly though this was Trump will lose in a landslide thread. If you want to keep your "goalposts" focused on some imaginary candidate that is going to magically appear with your imaginary record of leadership, fine. How about Andy Cuomo? He di suchj a bang-up job of "real leadership" I was particularly impressed with his order to send Covid positive patients into THE most vulnerable communities.

You asked what a real leader would do, I replied. Then you changed your own topic and ran away to dodge. :shrug:

I think people are more concerned with Trump's diminishing mental capacity than Biden's.

The entire country has been watching Trump daily lose his marbles and behave inappropriately. Minus the boogaloos...the rest of the country has had enough of #PresidentPlump.

we have to show up to vote him out.

You asked what a real leader would do, I replied. Then you changed your own topic and ran away to dodge. :shrug:

Well, when people start posting fantasies, I try and bring the discussion back to the real world. Sorry to have upset you so.

That's a fair point, and has many concerned. Without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom