• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump vows 'very long' government shutdown over border wall

I feel for these people. Some of these people are my friends and family. That said, Trump claimed ownership of the shutdown, correct ?

He also stated why he is shutting down the government. You seem to keep forgetting that part.

It has been widely reported - and was at the time - that the president's poor approval rating had a large impact on his party losing so many seats. People voted against him this time round as much as his party, one of the reasons he cannot muster the power to get his wall laid down and instead has to resort scare tactics and manufactured crises.

That and the last few revelations and leaks about the Russia probe have got him seething over Fox news and a bucket of chicken while he tweets like a jilted schoolgirl.

He actually lost fewer seats than usual for an off season election. Trump was actually pretty happy with that. I would be too.

The federal government responsible for border security, not Mexico.

I've posted evidence before that suggests the wall will absolutely not make a difference, since illegal immigration is already on the decline.

So what evidence do you have that purports to show the wall will stop illegal immigration in the amount Trump insists? Since we know 2/3rds of illegals are here past their visa date, something a wall won't stop; or are asylum seekers, which is, again, something a wall won't stop. The other 1/3rd show up through a myriad of means, tunnels, cars, smuggled in through legal points of entry, etc.

SOME of the 1/3rd remaining may be stopped. So what? Is it worth $5.7bn that could be used elsewhere.

If that's such a tiny percent of our budget as to be irrelevant, why not just donate it to the Obscurity Wants to be a Billionaire fund instead, a truly patriotic cause that would assist a fellow american?

You are manufacturing 'broken promises'. Trump made no secret in his campaign that he was going to build the wall.

LOL The secret was he was going to make the Democrats fund it. He never once mentioned the wall without saying Mexico was going to pay for it. That is how you know it was all a farce. He still does not really want money for the wall or he would reopen the Govt. and negotiate for it. He wants this shutdown because he is a spoiled child and is upset that his crimes and sedition are being revealed. Misery loves company in Trumps adolescent mind.

I am tired of the GOP taking it on the chin while the Dems high-five each otber.

Well, next time don't elect the unqualified lowlife to be a president

Did you bother to read my link? The Dems made the offer during a meeting, and trump rejected it. Duh.

So nothing signable..nothing they can’t renege on

He isn’t going to accept an I promise deal

Again...I think it is time both parties get in a room, hammer out a deal, and then have it passed very quickly

So it can be signed and the country can be reopened....by that is me

You can wish for something else to happen

So nothing signable..nothing they can’t renege on

He isn’t going to accept an I promise deal

Again...I think it is time both parties get in a room, hammer out a deal, and then have it passed very quickly

So it can be signed and the country can be reopened....by that is me

You can wish for something else to happen

You’re acting disingenuously. I pointed out credible evidence that the Dems made an offer that trump rejected. You’re only demanding to see a vetoed bill as an excuse to reject the truth that makes trump look unreasonable.

And don’t get me started on the “I promise” business. Your hero has a long and deplorable history of reneging on his word.

It's quite possible for something to be a speculation and be true at the same time... Just so you are aware...

No speculation is a True. It is just guessing. If a guess happens to be right, then it is no longer guessing, it is history. That is the only time when a guess becomes a True.

I see you really believe CBS News as well. :lamo
You say that like there is something wrong. I believe long-standing respected media with a history of journalism. I can only cringe at where you get news to formulate your disturbing ideas.

One house guard is more effective than any number of security walls around a house.

Okay. Let's hire ONE border guard to stop everyone from crossing the border from Mexico. He is the only guard. He has to cover the entire border by himself from California to the Gulf. There is no wall, no fence, no nothing to stop people from crossing except sensors that let him know where people are crossing at the moment.

How well is that going to work?

Back
Top Bottom