• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Told Michael Cohen To Lie About Trump Tower Moscow: Report

It appears that he was lying. At Trump's behest.

Not that I expect you would have any problem with this at all. It's not like lying under oath is a bad thing....

LOL. Mueller himself has even dismissed this report. Are you still going to stick with it?

LOL. Mueller himself has even dismissed this report. Are you still going to stick with it?

Why should like actual facts get in the way of the demanded (and preferred) political narrative?

At least you're willing to wait for evidence now. If we had it your way, there would be no investigation into this criminal behavior.

A witch hunt is when you don't have any evidence and when you don't even have a crime but you investigate and investigate and investigate until you find a crime and until you find evidence. You could investigate every single American nonstop forever and forever until you finally found something you can charge them with. The left have done nothing but try to investigate Trump over and over and over again until they finally find something. The right did the same thing. We have reached an era when if you want to get rid of your political adversaries you launch political witch hunt investigations of them over and over until something sticks. It has now become business as usual.

Try to keep up - we're long past that. If that's all you've got. Pathetic.

You would like to be past it, because you're Obamafail was the biggest failure of a president. But I recall you libs bashing Bush for 8 yrs. So I've got 6 more year to talk about that asshole Obamafail. Your right Obamafail was and is Pathetic

Why should like actual facts get in the way of the demanded (and preferred) political narrative?

"It's more important to be morally right, than factually correct" - AOC

How could Trump be negotiating a Trump Tower in Moscow without "colluding" with Russia?

Obamafail colluded with Russia and said he can be more flexible with Putin.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...2d39bbc883bcb52b5491bec01e1f06d5&action=click

Crooked Hillary colluded with Russia to formulate her phony dossier on Trump and she paid the Russians for it. How is that not colluding with Russia

Asking anyone to lie to Congress is a felony and one that got Nixon impeached. Trump can (and should) also be impeached for that felony alone. Criminals are disqualified from being President.

Trump never asked anyone to lie to congress, where are you getting this Bull****. Oh I get it, from BuzzFeed who lies like CNN, MSNBC, NYT etc Fake News. And you buy into those lies, hook line and sinker. Does the word "naive" mean anything to you.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...2d39bbc883bcb52b5491bec01e1f06d5&action=click

Crooked Hillary colluded with Russia to formulate her phony dossier on Trump and she paid the Russians for it. How is that not colluding with Russia

Trump never asked anyone to lie to congress, where are you getting this Bull****. Oh I get it, from BuzzFeed who lies like CNN, MSNBC, NYT etc Fake News. And you buy into those lies, hook line and sinker. Does the word "naive" mean anything to you.

You know, of course, that the entire 'Insurance Policy', AKA the Mueller investigation, is solely purposed with obscuring those instances of Russian collusion and forcing the focus of the public on the imaginary and manufactured Trump / Russian collusion, of which there's not a single shred of solid evidence. Right?

LOL You buy the endless lies from Trump and his crime family. Trump claimed he had no business interest in Russia while negotiating a deal with Putin that would have made him 100's of millions. An guess what ? No more "witch hunt" since Trumps team has now admitted that Manafort colluded with Russia. How many more lies will be revealed?

A witch hunt is when you don't have any evidence and when you don't even have a crime but you investigate and investigate and investigate until you find a crime and until you find evidence. You could investigate every single American nonstop forever and forever until you finally found something you can charge them with. The left have done nothing but try to investigate Trump over and over and over again until they finally find something. The right did the same thing. We have reached an era when if you want to get rid of your political adversaries you launch political witch hunt investigations of them over and over until something sticks. It has now become business as usual.

This isn't business as usual. I'm only trying to engage you because I've agreed with you in the past even though I'm sure you don't remember our conversations because you post a lot more than I do. Again, this is just a question: what would you have said if George W. Bush addressed the nation and said "I spoke to Osama and he said he wasn't behind 9/11. I've seen nothing that proves he was, so I believe him"? You're not stupid, so you would have said George W Bush is either the single dumbest president we've ever had and completely incapable of holding the office or he is being blackmailed/compromised in some fashion.

But Trump defends and is chummy with a brutal dictator that the US has sanctions on (which Trump lobbied against). You can only come to the same two conclusions so the media (the real media) and the competent members of our government and intelligence agencies have to carefully operate under the assumption that he is either the dumbest President in US history or that he is compromised. If you can argue with my logic, please do so.

You know, of course, that the entire 'Insurance Policy', AKA the Mueller investigation, is solely purposed with obscuring those instances of Russian collusion and forcing the focus of the public on the imaginary and manufactured Trump / Russian collusion, of which there's not a single shred of solid evidence. Right?

LOL There is nothing to obscure. The DNC hiring of Steele was perfectly legal unlike Trumps collusion. You need to keep up too. There is no more "witch hunt" now that Trumps team is admitting Manafort colluded with Russia. You are going to need to change your sig. :2razz:

Attorneys for Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chairman, inadvertently included a big reveal in a court filing on Tuesday through their clumsy failure to properly redact key portions. They admitted that during the 2016 campaign Manafort and his longtime associate Konstantin Kilimnik, who the FBI has said has ties to Russian intelligence, discussed a peace plan for Ukraine and that Manafort also shared with him political polling data.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/09/collusion-case-against-trump-just-got-lot-stronger/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4d975c4e3850

Do you realize that
1. The author of the dossier had to go into hiding after he was outed as the author out of fear of Putin ordering his assassination?
2. Contributors to the dossier were executed for talking to Steele?
Lesson - when people allege that Trump and/or his associates "colluded with Russia," they mean the entity Russia which is controlled by a brutal dictator and is responsible for unthinkable domestic and global crimes. They do not mean a person who lives in Russia.

Saying Hillary colluded with Russia is like saying Obama colluded with HH Holmes because they both lived in Chicago.

LOL You buy the endless lies from Trump and his crime family. Trump claimed he had no business interest in Russia while negotiating a deal with Putin that would have made him 100's of millions.

There you go again with no facts. Prove that Putin would have made himself $100's of millions.

Trump is a builder and has properties in many countries, however talking to Russia is not collaborating to alter the election so Trump could win. Now prove to me that Trump and some Russians, that you can name for me colluded with Trump to do what? To win the election.

An guess what ? No more "witch hunt" since Trumps team has now admitted that Manafort colluded with Russia. How many more lies will be revealed?

Manafort colluded with Russia and who in Russia did Manafort collude with? And what did they collude to do for Trump to win the election?

I await some real facts, but with you, you never post up facts, never. Try it sometime.

LOL There is no more "witch hunt" now that Trumps team has admitted that Manafort did indeed "collude" with Russia. You were duped by Trump's lies again. Don't you even get tired of bending over and taking it in the can? Trump will never get tired of sticking it to you.

Attorneys for Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chairman, inadvertently included a big reveal in a court filing on Tuesday through their clumsy failure to properly redact key portions. They admitted that during the 2016 campaign Manafort and his longtime associate Konstantin Kilimnik, who the FBI has said has ties to Russian intelligence, discussed a peace plan for Ukraine and that Manafort also shared with him political polling data.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/09/collusion-case-against-trump-just-got-lot-stronger/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4d975c4e3850

Do you realize that
1. The author of the dossier had to go into hiding after he was outed as the author out of fear of Putin ordering his assassination?
2. Contributors to the dossier were executed for talking to Steele?
Lesson - when people allege that Trump and/or his associates "colluded with Russia," they mean the entity Russia which is controlled by a brutal dictator and is responsible for unthinkable domestic and global crimes. They do not mean a person who lives in Russia.

Fact, Crooked Hillary paid for a phony dossier that the Russians provided. Yes Russians.

Manafort colluded with Russia and who in Russia did Manafort collude with? And what did they collude to do for Trump to win the election?

I await some real facts, but with you, you never post up facts, never. Try it sometime.

LOL How thick can you be? I gave you those answers right in my post. Trumps team admitted that Manafort met with Konstantin Kilimnik who has ties to the Russian GRU and shared internal polling data to help the Russian trolls target the 3 blue States who Trump won by a total of 80,000 votes.
They admitted that during the 2016 campaign Manafort and his longtime associate Konstantin Kilimnik, who the FBI has said has ties to Russian intelligence, discussed a peace plan for Ukraine and that Manafort also shared with him political polling data.

LOL How thick can you be? I gave you those answers right in my post. Trumps team admitted that Manafort met with Konstantin Kilimnik who has ties to the Russian GRU and shared internal polling data to help the Russian trolls target the 3 blue States who Trump won by a total of 80,000 votes.

Dude let's let him off the hook. He's probably over the age of 90 and goes to the post office to drop off letters for Sean Hannity.

Fact, Crooked Hillary paid for a phony dossier that the Russians provided. Yes Russians.

Steele is not a Russian. He had Russian informers who revealed secret information about Putin's Govt. that turned out to be remarkably accurate. They were working AGAINST Putin and his goons.

Dude let's let him off the hook. He's probably over the age of 90 and goes to the post office to drop off letters for Sean Hannity.

I don't care if he is a Russian troll. He needs to stop posting BS.

Yes, now we're hearing this was a fake report, not surprising.

I was thinking, it may be possible for Trump to have a shot at defending himself by pointing out, any Attorney knows if they lie under oath it's perjury and if not under oath unethical. I should think it would be Cohen's responsibility to not do what Trump asked him to do but maybe you're right, we'll never know now, if this was a fake report. Another failed attempt to down our President.

I'm so sick of all the unnecessary hype just to make Trump look bad, it's bad for our Country. Everyone knew Trump was not a Politician and there would be bumps in the road for him once he took office. The Democrats have done everything in their power to ruin the man. The behavior by the left is much worse than I thought it would be and I'm sickened by their behavior. It's all about the fight between parties and forget what's good for our Country. The competition is so intense, between parties, many are blinded to what's really taking place. It's sad.

Trumps behavior is what is causing his problems. He is a lying POS that colluded with Russia to cheat in his election. He is still beholding to Putin for that favor and he is doing his bidding. You are mistaken if you think patriotic Americans will look the other way at such behavior and you are complicit for not objecting yourself. This not about politics it is about a Manchurian Candidate who has cheated his way into office and is now in the employ of foreign adversary.

Last edited:

I'm not seeing 'discussed a peace plan for Ukraine and that Manafort also shared with him political polling data.' as living up to the accusation of 'Trump / Russian' collusion, especially after the what? 2 years of constant build up and constant mindless parroting?

I see it as more grasping as straws and panic that the Mueller investigation isn't going to return much of anything, which it more and more appears its going to return.

Trumps behavior is what is causing his problems. He is a lying POS that colluded with Russia to cheat in his election. He is still beholding to Putin for that favor and he is doing his bidding. You are mistaken if you think patriotic Americans will look the other way at such behavior and you are complicit for not objecting yourself. This not about politics it is about a Manchurian Candidate who has cheated his way into office and is now in the employ of foreign adversary.

"colluded with Russia to cheat in his election" with zero evidence to support this political narrative / accusation.

Based on this, shouldn't this be moved the to CT section?

I appreciate your dedication but he's the only poster whose shown such a lack of basic understanding that I feel bad for him. Maybe it's just because I'm in a generous mood with a long weekend (thanks for everything, MLKJ)

Yes, now we're hearing this was a fake report, not surprising.

I was thinking, it may be possible for Trump to have a shot at defending himself by pointing out, any Attorney knows if they lie under oath it's perjury and if not under oath unethical. I should think it would be Cohen's responsibility to not do what Trump asked him to do but maybe you're right, we'll never know now, if this was a fake report. Another failed attempt to down our President.

I'm so sick of all the unnecessary hype just to make Trump look bad, it's bad for our Country. Everyone knew Trump was not a Politician and there would be bumps in the road for him once he took office. The Democrats have done everything in their power to ruin the man. The behavior by the left is much worse than I thought it would be and I'm sickened by their behavior. It's all about the fight between parties and forget what's good for our Country. The competition is so intense, between parties, many are blinded to what's really taking place. It's sad.

You'll notice the special counsel did not deny the whole report, only suggesting inaccuracies. It's possible only part of it is true or the sources are not exactly the same as named, or they've heard the same but have not verified it themselves yet. As usual, it's never the smoking gun anti-trumpers want, but given that Trump's own spokespeople were hesitant to deny.

Still too early to call this story dead, though I'm leaning towards it.

Let's not pretend Benghazi is the same as the multiple indictments, guilty pleas and convictions of the Trump administration. Both sides are not the same and at some point, you'll need to acknowledge that.

Back
Top Bottom