• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: the businessman president

Nope, i just wonder what kind of president he will be and what you guys think of how he's preparing himself.

So, do you have an open mind about all this? I mean, if we're smart I think we have to, just to to make sure we really see what's goin on.

Wall Street Journal says that Bob Dole was working behind the scene with the Taiwan thing during the campaign and that the Taiwanese el jefe' called Trump! Dole is with a big lawyer outfit these days, and they were paid $140,000, by they didn't say who; that is to say Trump personally, his business or the campaign, to get that thing goin.

I'm really curious about all this and can't wait to see what happens. Trump said in an announcment that he was going to do a host of signing statements right off the bat, so there goes congress...

Oh, you do not want me to read it for you also?:2wave:

Yeah, and bring me some ice cream. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. and my slippers.

51171-1-320.jpg

Thanks. :) Gonna look it over.
I would like to thank Caspar for not even pretending that his claims of "Vice presidential has set duties" was a defensible statement. But I would also like to thank Caspar for the unintended hilarity by providing the link...
Later when Obama became the presumptive Democratic nominee, former President Jimmy Carter cautioned against Clinton being picked for the vice president slot on the ticket, saying "I think it would be the worst mistake that could be made. That would just accumulate the negative aspects of both candidates", citing opinion polls showing 50% of US voters with a negative view of Hillary Clinton.
It's awesome that Hillary's failure in the executive office was predicted 8 years earlier and the Dems nominated her anyway.

So, do you have an open mind about all this? I mean, if we're smart I think we have to, just to to make sure we really see what's goin on.

Wall Street Journal says that Bob Dole was working behind the scene with the Taiwan thing during the campaign and that the Taiwanese el jefe' called Trump! Dole is with a big lawyer outfit these days, and they were paid $140,000, by they didn't say who; that is to say Trump personally, his business or the campaign, to get that thing goin.

I'm really curious about all this and can't wait to see what happens. Trump said in an announcment that he was going to do a host of signing statements right off the bat, so there goes congress...

I wouldn't consider myself objective, no. That doesn't mean that i'm not going to try to give President-Elect Trump a fair shot and hope that he is able to succeed.

I would like to thank Caspar for not even pretending that his claims of "Vice presidential has set duties" was a defensible statement. But I would also like to thank Caspar for the unintended hilarity by providing the link...

It's awesome that Hillary's failure in the executive office was predicted 8 years earlier and the Dems nominated her anyway.

Did you read anything? So please point out where it says the VP will run the Nation the President is off doing his own thang, I missed it.

Did you read anything? So please point out where it says the VP will run the Nation the President is off doing his own thang, I missed it.

While I didn't say "while the president is off doing his own thang", I did say "if the president is incapacitated".

should the president become unable to serve, prompting the well-known expression "only a heartbeat away from the presidency,"
Although I would point out that if the president simply does decide to say "screw you guys I'm going to spend my presidency in a Swedish brothel", the VP is in charge: that is actually legitimate too.

While I didn't say "while the president is off doing his own thang", I did say "if the president is incapacitated".

Although I would point out that if the president simply does decide to say "screw you guys I'm going to spend my presidency in a Swedish brothel", the VP is in charge: that is actually legitimate too.
So the Donald is going to be incapacitated? Why is that, he going have some sort of breakdown or break with reality?

And you would cheer him on if he did, I already knew that, your point is what?

I would argue that President-Elect Trump is the most business oriented president-elect in recent history.

He just announced that he wanted to cancel an order for a new $4billion Air Force One that he claims is too expensive.

He's also notorious for avoiding his intelligence briefings.

"Every president I know, and I worked under nine presidents, every one has taken their intelligence daily brief because that sets the agenda for what you have to focus on as president of the United States." ~Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta

And it seems that work is being delegated to Pence and/or others because it is allegedly not interesting.

What it looks like to me is that President-Elect Trump is focusing on cutting costs and delegating work to others. I think it is a very risky thing for the people to be represented by an absentee leader. He doesn't care about national security?

What say you?

Don't forget... putting money into his own pocket. He could be our most corrupt President ever. He appears to building a new and improved swamp.

Don't forget... putting money into his own pocket. He could be our most corrupt President ever. He appears to building a new and improved swamp.

More unfounded leftist hysteria.

More unfounded leftist hysteria.

Hardly unfounded... there is zero firewall between the affairs of state and the affairs of his family business. Intelligent people are on watch.

People were upset about the Clinton's, but all they were doing was raising money for charity; Trump is in position to raise money for himself.

Hardly unfounded... there is zero firewall between the affairs of state and the affairs of his family business. Intelligent people are on watch.

As well they should. Such a conflict of interest is not tolerable. Seems that appropriate steps are being taken.

Donald Trump says he sold all his stocks in June

Here’s Why Donald Trump Sold All His Stocks

Trump says he sold stocks because 'I just thought it was a conflict,' offers no proof

Of course CNBC can't be bothered to look up information on their own, and instead still inserts it's bias.

People were upset about the Clinton's, but all they were doing was raising money for charity; Trump is in position to raise money for himself.

If you really believe that The Clinton Foundation is a charity rather than a Clinton family slush fund, you may need to read more.

Clinton aide says Foundation paid for Chelsea’s wedding, WikiLeaks emails show

Chelsea Clinton used foundation to help pay for wedding: email

Did Chelsea Use Clinton Foundation Money to Pay for Her Wedding?

Many, many legitimate questionable things about The Clinton Foundation, it's structure, practices, salaries, effectiveness and benefactors (direct and indirect), and then there's also the question of whether it was pay to play while Hillary was SoS.

Suffice it to say, I think it's part of the swamp that needs draining.

I don't have a problem with it. Great leaders are great delegators. Right now he's focusing on putting together his team. If he's carving out an unconventional role for his Vice President, I can't say I have a problem with that.

Your constant criticism of the leadership style of DT is noted. No matter what the man does his detractors will spin it to a negative. Gets sooo tiring.

Nothing grows more tiresome that your constant justifications of Trump's daily **** ups.

My concern is that he's not bothering to keep himself abreast of urgent matters. Those briefings are for exactly that.

I want to feel like my president cares about the people enough to muster the interest to stay up to date on issues of national security.

Are you still on THAT kick, WTH is wrong with you? You've been told a million ****ing times that Obama missed a ton of his intelligence briefings...................AND NOT ONE ****ING PEEP OUT OF YOU!

Nothing grows more tiresome that your constant justifications of Trump's daily **** ups.

You can't stand a reasoned argument, can you? Leaves you speechless, huh?

Are you still on THAT kick, WTH is wrong with you? You've been told a million ****ing times that Obama missed a ton of his intelligence briefings...................AND NOT ONE ****ING PEEP OUT OF YOU!

He didn't miss them, he simply read them, instead. Yes, some presidents are capable of reading.

"This particular statistic, however, doesn’t mean a whole lot. President Obama may not physically get briefed by intelligence officials every day but he does receive and read the PDBs, a point Theissen himself acknowledged when reporting the White House’s response to the charge.
“This is how it was done in the Clinton administration,” Thiessen’s Post colleague Dana Millbank noted, “before Bush decided he would prefer to read less.”"

"As it turns out, no president does it the exact same way. Under the standards of this ad, Republican icon Ronald Reagan skipped his intelligence briefings 99 percent of the time."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkprogress.org/amp/p/cf660abbcb92?client=safari

You can't stand a reasoned argument, can you? Leaves you speechless, huh?

Yes Maggie. The first thing I think of when I think of Donald Trump is "reasoned" arguments.

Reasons like narcissism, racism, mysognogy and sexism.

He didn't miss them, he simply read them, instead. Yes, some presidents are capable of reading.

"This particular statistic, however, doesn’t mean a whole lot. President Obama may not physically get briefed by intelligence officials every day but he does receive and read the PDBs, a point Theissen himself acknowledged when reporting the White House’s response to the charge.
“This is how it was done in the Clinton administration,” Thiessen’s Post colleague Dana Millbank noted, “before Bush decided he would prefer to read less.”"

"As it turns out, no president does it the exact same way. Under the standards of this ad, Republican icon Ronald Reagan skipped his intelligence briefings 99 percent of the time."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkprogress.org/amp/p/cf660abbcb92?client=safari

Think Progress is crap. He missed Intel briefs, simple as that. And who are you to judge anyway?

Yes Maggie. The first thing I think of when I think of Donald Trump is "reasoned" arguments.

Reasons like narcissism, racism, mysognogy and sexism.

Keep it up, you'll become less and less relevant. That **** didn't work during the campaign, and it won't work now or ever. Trump is immune to the PC police. I suggest you wait and see, and give the man a chance. If can help the inner cities, then your agenda should be satisfied.

Think Progress is crap. He missed Intel briefs, simple as that. And who are you to judge anyway?

Like i was suggesting in the OP, i'd like for the president to be interested in our intelligence reports.

Do you agree? Or do you think that type of work should be delegated?

Like i was suggesting in the OP, i'd like for the president to be interested in our intelligence reports.

Do you agree? Or do you think that type of work should be delegated?

You're obsessed and looking for something to pick on him about. The man is getting his cabinet together faster than any president. That's pretty damn important.

You're obsessed and looking for something to pick on him about. The man is getting his cabinet together faster than any president. That's pretty damn important.

It sounds like you think he should take the wheel once this prioritized work is completed. That's a fair point, but it also requires that he will subsequently start catching up at some point.

Back
Top Bottom