• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump removes independent watchdog tasked with overseeing coronavirus emergency funds

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Well, this is certainly not going to look good for people who are concernned about corruption in the government

Trump removes independent watchdog tasked with overseeing coronavirus emergency funds - CNNPolitics

President Donald Trump has removed the acting inspector general for the Defense Department, Glenn Fine, from his post -- a decision that means Fine will no longer chair the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee tasked with overseeing $2 trillion in emergency coronavirus funding.
Late last month, a group of independent federal watchdogs tapped Fine, a career official, to lead the group tasked with preventing "waste, fraud, and abuse" in the use of coronavirus relief money.
A Defense Department spokeswoman did not explain why Fine was removed from the acting inspector general position, but she did explain that it meant he was no longer eligible to stay on the accountability committee, which is limited to inspector generals and acting inspector generals.

We can't have anyone trying to stop Trump from steering funds to his own companies, now can we?

and the Trump march down a path to ever increasing authoritarianism continues......

What have we been telling these Trumpers for 3 years? Trump wants to steal it all! I've known who Trump was for the past 30 years and I've always known he's a scam-artist and a racketeer.

Right. Trump is going to steal all that money for himself :roll:

Well, this is certainly not going to look good for people who are concernned about corruption in the government

Trump removes independent watchdog tasked with overseeing coronavirus emergency funds - CNNPolitics

Great move. We don't need to watch the money being given to the people of this country whose money it is in the first place. We need to watch the money going to billionaires like the bankers and the families of politicians. Maybe we can look into why Shifty and congress had not approved funds that would have restocked all the medical supplies need for this pandemic. Where did the money go because clearly the cupboards are bare. Instead all this pork for their states where was the money to be used by the states and local governments to be prepared. We have been under threat of a pandemic for decades now. Why weren't we ready.

I know Trump ordered all those supplies destroyed when he came into office. He ordered all the states and local governments to make sure they were not prepared at all and to destroy all their supplies.

We can't have anyone trying to stop Trump from steering funds to his own companies, now can we?

So instead of a check I will get a piece of paper from Trump that he is taking the money he promised us. Get a grip. The only money not going to the people is the pork put into the bill by congress.

Need to double the shifts @ Fort Knox, that’s next!

Honestly, I smell a rat. Glenn Fine was entirely too close to crooked democrats in the Justice Department under Obama. He received one of his first appointments from President Clinton. And he was appointed by a group of unnamed officials empaneled to administer $2 trillion dollars donated by Congress, including many democrat earmarks for non-virus related pork projects. I suspect this Fine fellow may not have shared Trump's focus on funding necessary projects while pushing unnecessary pork projects aside.

OMG!!

He's going to steal all of the money and hide the evidence on his tax returns!!!

Considering the backstabbing nonsense we keep seeing from various IG's, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Fine had some anti-Trump nonsense planned...and Trump got wind of it.

The fact that the House Dems are crying about this is a telling tip-off.

Maloney noted that Fine "was fully supported by Congress and the Inspector General Community.

Considering the backstabbing nonsense we keep seeing from various IG's, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Fine had some anti-Trump nonsense planned...and Trump got wind of it.

The fact that the House Dems are crying about this is a telling tip-off.

That is a fine rationalization to divert attention from the sheer corruption and incompetency of this administration.

Right. Trump is going to steal all that money for himself :roll:

Exactly!

Just because he scammed children with cancer....

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

...and just because he stole from charity....

Trump Foundation Will Dissolve, Accused of ‘Shocking Pattern of Illegality’ - The New York Times

No way he would steal from his base! Because nobody in his base relies on charity, or has a child with cancer.

you-just-went-full-trumf-never-go-full-trump-31653340.png

That is a fine rationalization to divert attention from the sheer corruption and incompetency of this administration.

There's more factual evidence of backstabbing from within the Trump administration...supported by House Dems...than factual evidence of ANY corruption or incompetency in the Trump administration.

"Trump had to do it because they were out to get him!"

I'd laugh but it's also sad.

If a president has the authority to remove an independent watchdog, then is it really independent?

He needs to steal him some money. It's ok with his zombie cult, so no problem.

Deflection
Deception
Denial

The 3-D's of the Trumpeteer. They'll do anything to deflect away from what Trump does. If a D did this crap, they'd be up in arms.

As for removing oversight, I'm not surprised. This is TARP II, and mostly meant to funnel massive amounts of taxpayer dollars into the corporations which fund the Republocrats.

Nope. He's got a long history of scamming people. He's scammed money from children with cancer. He's stolen from charity. He's started up a fake University...

$25 million settlement finalized in Trump University lawsuit

And you're arguing that we should trust him? Jesus H. Christ.

Donald Trump declares 'I love the poorly educated'
Don't worry. He won't get away with stealing all the money.

The liberals in this country are wicked smart and they were able to sniff out this scheme with the olfactory prowess of a hungry sewer rat.

BTW, he didn't just steal money from children with cancer, he's got a bunch of them in the basement at Mar-a-Lago repackaging PPE as part of his scheme to divert shipments from blue states to red states.

Last edited:
If a president has the authority to remove an independent watchdog, then is it really independent?

he has the authority.

Don't worry. He won't get away with stealing all the money.

The liberals in this country are wicked smart and they were able to sniff out this scheme with the olfactory prowess of a hungry sewer rat.

BTW, he didn't just steal money from children with cancer, he's got a bunch of them in the basement at Mar-a-Lago repackaging PPE as part of his scheme to divert shipments from blue states to red states.

Can we just put you down as don't care about Government corruption? Or do you only care when it's a D?

he has the authority.

Yeah, we'll see how much the right starts bitching when the left starts with these same tactics.

Back
Top Bottom