• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump On Constitution: It Doesn't Necessarily Give Us The Right To Commit Suicide

Was wondering if anyone else noticed this bit from The Donald when he was interviewed on 60 Minutes. It is clear that he has a big enough ego to disregard Constitutional restrictions when in office. Shouldn't this concern constitutional conservatives?

The Constitution really does not enter Trumps mind. Its sure bet that has no idea what's really in it, and it's not part of his agenda as it is, so it's not important to him.

The debates should be good.

The Constitution really does not enter Trumps mind. Its sure bet that has no idea what's really in it, and it's not part of his agenda as it is, so it's not important to him.

The debates should be good.

Unless Trump finds an excuse not to participate.

You may be correct. In more recent times it seems that an individual SC judge votes pretty much along their party lines (i.e. political leanings).

I would image a vote on if suicide is a Constitutional right would follow pretty much along the SC Justices political views.

As with abortion, the Constitution says nothing about suicide. Therefore, the right is retained by the States and the citizens. Unless, as with abortion, a liberal Supreme Court wishes to pretend the Constitution addresses suicide...and abortion...and dead people voting.

As with abortion, the Constitution says nothing about suicide. Therefore, the right is retained by the States and the citizens. Unless, as with abortion, a liberal Supreme Court wishes to pretend the Constitution addresses suicide...and abortion...and dead people voting.

the congress was not vested any powers concerning the lives liberty or property of the people- James Madison - federalist 45

So, a "sucker" is someone who considers him a law professor when his real title was "senior lecturer" because he didn't have time to be a full time professor.

Oh, I'm so sure you know ever so much more about the Constitution than any mere "senior lecturer" at Harvard University ever would.

That's quite possible if the "senior lecturer" was teaching what some think is wrong with the Constitution.

I think many in government haven't read the Constitution. I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad when a member of Congress says the three part of government are the President, the House, and the Senate. And, for all on the left, the idea that government is in any way restrained or restricted is anathema.

Donald Trump seems to think the Constitution grants Americans rights. The man's a fool. President Obama seems to think the President can lawfully write and rewrite laws and lawfully repeal laws.

Over the years I am not sure all of the Supreme Court judges understands the Constitution. If they all did, we would not have split votes on issues being addressed.

So it is not surprising a lay person may have interpretations the SC would not agree with. or at least some of them:mrgreen:

I think there are grounds for justices to disagree without ignoring or being in conflict with the Constitution. Clearly there have been abuses such as Roe vs. Wade but I can understand disagreeing on the Miranda vs. Arizona decision.

This is an odd conversation over a title. There is no doubt that students thought of Obama as a professor and almost certainly called him, "Professor Obama."

My Criminal Procedure I professor was an attorney who worked mostly capital cases, and was partly retired. His official title was "visiting professor." My Criminal Procedure II professor was (and still is) a sitting superior court judge, also with the title of "visiting professor." The point is that the title means little because whether one is called a visiting or adjunct professor or "senior lecturer," they're still performing the same job as a professor with full tenure. And in my experience, title distinctions among all law professors don't mean a whole lot, if anything at all, in terms of ability to teach.

The fact is that Obama taught the law and must have done so competently. What this means is that he possesses an intimate and detailed knowledge of Constitutional law and its theories, history, and principles. Whatever title he had is irrelevant.

And yet there he is constantly wishing to circumvent it.

That's quite possible if the "senior lecturer" was teaching what some think is wrong with the Constitution.

I think many in government haven't read the Constitution. I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad when a member of Congress says the three part of government are the President, the House, and the Senate. And, for all on the left, the idea that government is in any way restrained or restricted is anathema.

Donald Trump seems to think the Constitution grants Americans rights. The man's a fool. President Obama seems to think the President can lawfully write and rewrite laws and lawfully repeal laws.

So, now your position is that Obama was actually teaching "what is wrong with the Constitution?"

Did that come from rant radio, or is there an actual quote saying that Obama thinks the Constitution is wrong?

I'm new to the forum but I will say what I know about Trump and his mission. I am an admin on other forums and have been researching Trump for a different direction. I have tracked down forums and groups trump is part of and it seems to be where he gets most of what he knows. Trump reads a lot of the conspiracy websites for one thing and from there you move into the Militia sites and Patriot sites. These are the ultra conservative people and have meetings and plans to take over the US government. In the plans it states the main thing they have to do is discredit all of the US media services so people want believe anything they say. After that either by winning the presidency or taking it by force when it is in total disarray by taking the president and with all of the forces they have with weapons take the rest of Washington DC. When he refers to the 2nd amendment people he is referring to them and not to the NRA. They Have several US generals with them and many of the Police with them. They also have many Congressmen with them. I down loaded the documents where it states all this before the deleted it. Many of their sites go down and change frequently. They do have a secret twitter account for them members so they can be activated as needed. One of the groups is lionsoftrump which has a website. If you look at all the things he is doing and saying you can start putting it all together.

Welcome to Debate Politics.

Can you identify these generals and Congressfolk?

I wouldn't worry about the mainstream media being discredited; in some regards, it's doing all the work itself. ;)

Yes I will get the names and post them to this thread later on. I have to leave for a while right now.

just read the constitution, i don't see anything about suicide either way. why is this news?

in other news, clinton is a traitor, and her hubby is a rapist.

I'm new to the forum but I will say what I know about Trump and his mission. I am an admin on other forums and have been researching Trump for a different direction. I have tracked down forums and groups trump is part of and it seems to be where he gets most of what he knows. Trump reads a lot of the conspiracy websites for one thing and from there you move into the Militia sites and Patriot sites. These are the ultra conservative people and have meetings and plans to take over the US government. In the plans it states the main thing they have to do is discredit all of the US media services so people want believe anything they say. After that either by winning the presidency or taking it by force when it is in total disarray by taking the president and with all of the forces they have with weapons take the rest of Washington DC. When he refers to the 2nd amendment people he is referring to them and not to the NRA. They Have several US generals with them and many of the Police with them. They also have many Congressmen with them. I down loaded the documents where it states all this before the deleted it. Many of their sites go down and change frequently. They do have a secret twitter account for them members so they can be activated as needed. One of the groups is lionsoftrump which has a website. If you look at all the things he is doing and saying you can start putting it all together.

Boy you are making a lot of big charges/wild accusations here. Where is one shred of evidence! Guess you will be right back?

This is going to make anti-gunners' heads explode.

As usual, Trump being the daily insult to our Constitutional Republic.

Last edited:

Excellent post. I have been noticing the same. He is the ultimate Manchurian candidate but not to worry real billionaires like Carlos Slim, Gates, Allen, Buffet, the Kochs, Ellison, Bloomberg, Zuckerberg et al will make sure he doesn't get near the white house.

well maybe not Ellison he's an anti-American asshole..........

Was wondering if anyone else noticed this bit from The Donald when he was interviewed on 60 Minutes. It is clear that he has a big enough ego to disregard Constitutional restrictions when in office. Shouldn't this concern constitutional conservatives?

Sure, it concerns me.

I look at it this way: if Hillary becomes president, it'll be business as usual and the Congress will be bought and sold just like Hillary will.

But if DONALD TRUMP becomes president, Congress is going to have to get off its fat lazy butt if it wants to stop Trump from doing all those things he said he'd do.

You realize that the President can't do anything without funding from Congress, yes? If Trump says "I'm going to build a wall", Congress can simply say "no you're not" and refuse to allocate any funds.

But this is the point: our Congress will finally have to wake up, if Donald Trump becomes president.

I'm not worried about Trump's "extra-constitutional excesses", I'm only worried about Congress's ability to stop them.

LOL! Yes, it had a lot to do with the Constitution, since according to the Constitution we are legally bound by the treaties we sign and the laws we pass for ourselves.

Our actions there violated at least two treaties and four of our own laws.

Please cite the specific parts of the Constitution you are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by NuddyNews View Post
"I'm new to the forum but I will say what I know about Trump and his mission. I am an admin on other forums and have been researching Trump for a different direction. I have tracked down forums and groups trump is part of and it seems to be where he gets most of what he knows. Trump reads a lot of the conspiracy websites for one thing and from there you move into the Militia sites and Patriot sites. These are the ultra conservative people and have meetings and plans to take over the US government. In the plans it states the main thing they have to do is discredit all of the US media services so people want believe anything they say. After that either by winning the presidency or taking it by force when it is in total disarray by taking the president and with all of the forces they have with weapons take the rest of Washington DC. When he refers to the 2nd amendment people he is referring to them and not to the NRA. They Have several US generals with them and many of the Police with them. They also have many Congressmen with them. I down loaded the documents where it states all this before the deleted it. Many of their sites go down and change frequently. They do have a secret twitter account for them members so they can be activated as needed. One of the groups is lionsoftrump which has a website. If you look at all the things he is doing and saying you can start putting it all together."

Excellent post. I have been noticing the same. He is the ultimate Manchurian candidate but not to worry real billionaires like Carlos Slim, Gates, Allen, Buffet, the Kochs, Ellison, Bloomberg, Zuckerberg et al will make sure he doesn't get near the white house.

well maybe not Ellison he's an anti-American asshole..........

This is your definition of an excellent post? Yikes! Zero facts, crazy and wild charges with nothing to support them?
Major fail for so many reasons.

Trump far more understands the Constitution than Hillary does. He may not be as much of a constitutional originalist as I am and I do consider myself a constitutional conservative defining conservative as classical liberal is defined but his list of potential SCOTUS nominees tells me he has been thinking about it. I see the Constitution as based on the principle of a natural rights among which include the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. There is no constitutional right per se to commit suicide so he is correct about that. I would not like a law that would prevent us from stopping a distraught person from committing suicide. At the same time, I want no laws that require us to keep a dying person alive indefinitely, most especially when the person does not want that.

Sure, it concerns me.

I look at it this way: if Hillary becomes president, it'll be business as usual and the Congress will be bought and sold just like Hillary will.

But if DONALD TRUMP becomes president, Congress is going to have to get off its fat lazy butt if it wants to stop Trump from doing all those things he said he'd do.

You realize that the President can't do anything without funding from Congress, yes? If Trump says "I'm going to build a wall", Congress can simply say "no you're not" and refuse to allocate any funds.

But this is the point: our Congress will finally have to wake up, if Donald Trump becomes president.

I'm not worried about Trump's "extra-constitutional excesses", I'm only worried about Congress's ability to stop them.

So, you think the Congress will just roll over and let Trump have his way if he's elected?

I think Hillary will have a much easier time of it getting Congress to do what she wants than Trump ever would. She knows Washington politics inside and out, knows where the bodies are buried, and how to work behind the scenes.

the congress was not vested any powers concerning the lives liberty or property of the people- James Madison - federalist 45

Ahhh a common misunderstanding of how the Constitution works, seems that is quite often a libertarian trait. I don't recall the Federalist Papers being ratified by anyone, much less 2/3rds of the states. It were written AFTER Madison felt the other members of the Constitutional Convention differed on key points Madison wanted.

Unlike Moses, Madison didn't enjoy the backing of 'The Literal Word of God'. Many others had a hand in what congress was and wasn't vested with.

I think of our Constitution as the bare minimum skeleton our Republic builds it's laws upon.... :peace

Ahhh a common misunderstanding of how the Constitution works, seems that is quite often a libertarian trait. I don't recall the Federalist Papers being ratified by anyone, much less 2/3rds of the states. It were written AFTER Madison felt the other members of the Constitutional Convention differed on key points Madison wanted.

Unlike Moses, Madison didn't enjoy the backing of 'The Literal Word of God'. Many others had a hand in what congress was and wasn't vested with.

I think of our Constitution as the bare minimum skeleton our Republic builds it's laws upon.... :peace

sorry NO, the founders granted the congress no powers in the lives of the people, Madison federalist 45 hamilton federalist 84

Back
Top Bottom