• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Hiring TV Stars:

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Here are all the TV "stars" or personalities that had or has jobs in the WH:
  • The Director of the National Economic Council Larry Kudlow, ran a successful CNBC talk show for years and is a well known TV personality
  • White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon, was the effective head conservative outlet Breitbart News.
  • Trump 2020 campaign senior adviser Katrina Pierson was a 2016 Trump campaign national spokesperson in 2016 and regular CNN contributor
  • Heather Nauert was a Fox and Friends Co-Host before she took the jobs as Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs and spokesperson for the United States Department of State
  • Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison Omarosa Manigault is a well known reality TV star from The Apprentice days. Resigned from the WH
  • Deputy Assistant to the President Sebastian Gorka often appeared on Hannity and works for Fox News. Resigned from the WH.
  • Trump is also thinking about filling Rex Tillerson’s empty Secretary of State position and giving it to well known Fox News personality John Bolton.

Just about every single member of the Trump cabinet has appeared on TV at various times to try to defend Trump agenda. Sam Nunberg, Corey Lewandowski, and Anthony “The Mooch,” Scaramucci have all captivated the public’s attention. Various ex-members of the Trump cabinet have also gotten full-time gigs as contributors on TV channels like CNN. Trump watches Fox & Friends religiously every single day, often calls into Fox News at night to Hannity or Justice with Judge Jeanine and often tweet-praises Fox News personalities for saying nice things about him.

It's said Trump is still in contact w/Steve Bannon, and regularly speaks w/Alex Jones.

• The Director of the National Economic Council Larry Kudlow, ran a successful CNBC talk show for years and is a well known TV personality
  • White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon, was the effective head conservative outlet Breitbart News.
  • Trump 2020 campaign senior adviser Katrina Pierson was a 2016 Trump campaign national spokesperson in 2016 and regular CNN contributor
  • Heather Nauert was a Fox and Friends Co-Host before she took the jobs as Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs and spokesperson for the United States Department of State
  • Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison Omarosa Manigault is a well known reality TV star from The Apprentice days. Resigned from the WH
  • Deputy Assistant to the President Sebastian Gorka often appeared on Hannity and works for Fox News. Resigned from the WH.
  • Trump is also thinking about filling Rex Tillerson’s empty Secretary of State position and giving it to well known Fox News personality John Bolton.

Just about every single member of the Trump cabinet has appeared on TV at various times to try to defend Trump agenda. Sam Nunberg, Corey Lewandowski, and Anthony “The Mooch,” Scaramucci have all captivated the public’s attention. Various ex-members of the Trump cabinet have also gotten full-time gigs as contributors on TV channels like CNN. Trump watches Fox & Friends religiously every single day, often calls into Fox News at night to Hannity or Justice with Judge Jeanine and often tweet-praises Fox News personalities for saying nice things about him.

It's said Trump is still in contact w/Steve Bannon, and regularly speaks w/Alex Jones.

And just how bad is Kudlow? So bad that he's perfect for this smouldering tard-circus of an administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.e87f03ec69f7

Rumors have Bolton as NSA.

well, you know the ole saying, "a circus with elephants has the biggest turds" ........

How does this show media bias? It seems to show your anti-Trump bias fairly well, but why should appearing on a TV or news show be a disqualifying factor for other employment?

Trump has only scratched the surface in this area. Among other stars I would urge him to hire would be

*** Gabe Kaplan replacing DeVos in Education because of his vast experience in the classroom with America's students as seen on WELCOME BACK KOTTER

*** Sam Waterson heading up the Department of Justice as Attorney General based on his vast courtroom experience in LAW AND ORDER

*** Robert Young taking over HEW based on his many years as MARCUS WELBY MD. (oh wait - Young is dead. But why should that be an impediment as many current cabinet level Trumpers are a least brain dead)

*** Clinton Eastwood as Secretary of Defense or National Security Adviser or anything associated with law and order and kicking ass for all the roles he has played over the years

*** Martin Sheen for Veterans Affairs because of his great experience in Nam as seen in PLATOON

*** Tom Cruise for Sec of Transportation because of his experience driving fast cars in DAYS OF THUNDER and fast jets in TOP GUN

*** Jim Parsons of BIG BANG THEORY could head up NASA because he plays a scientific genius on TV

Anybody have any other suggestions for big stars joining Trump?

Last edited:
Well he is the Reality TV President, so it's no real surprise.

Trump has only scratched the surface in this area. Among other stars I would urge him to hire would be

*** Gabe Kaplan replacing DeVos in Education because of his vast experience in the classroom with America's students as seen on WELCOME BACK KOTTER

*** Sam Waterson heading up the Department of Justice as Attorney General based on his vast courtroom experience in LAW AND ORDER

*** Robert Young taking over HEW based on his many years as MARCUS WELBY MD. (oh wait - Young is dead. But why should that be an impediment as many current cabinet level Trumpers are a least brain dead)

*** Clinton Eastwood as Secretary of Defense or National Security Adviser or anything associated with law and order and kicking ass for all the roles he has played over the years

*** Martin Sheen for Veterans Affairs because of his great experience in Nam as seen in PLATOON

*** Tom Cruise for Sec of Transportation because of his experience driving fast cars in DAYS OF THUNDER and fast jets in TOP GUN

*** Jim Parsons of BIG BANG THEORY could head up NASA because he plays a scientific genius on TV

Anybody have any other suggestions for big stars joining Trump?

Dennis Quaid could save us all from climate change.

How does this show media bias? It seems to show your anti-Trump bias fairly well, but why should appearing on a TV or news show be a disqualifying factor for other employment?

These people do way more than just appear on TV, and that does not mean they are qualified for the jobs.

I don't know about the rest of them but Omarosa Manigault isn't just a reality TV star. She has a B.A. in broadcast journalism and a Master's in Communications so she is qualified for the job she had in the White House. She also worked in the Bill Clinton White House in the 90s.

These people do way more than just appear on TV, and that does not mean they are qualified for the jobs.

Maybe you could've looked into their backgrounds a little more before starting this thread. Instead, it's "OMG! These people are all on TV all of the time! They must just be TV stars with no education! I MUST start a thread about this! *fist in the air*"

We are the tv show. This is postmodernism personified.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Dennis Quaid could save us all from climate change.
I was thinking about that UFO story, actually for Randy.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Again, WTF does that have to do with media bias?

Maybe you could've looked into their backgrounds a little more before starting this thread. Instead, it's "OMG! These people are all on TV all of the time! They must just be TV stars with no education! I MUST start a thread about this! *fist in the air*"

How is it not concerning to you both that Trump hires people he likes from TV??? Aren't there other experts on this stuff out there??? Why pluck randos from the cable TV circuit???
Would you be this cool w/Obama picking MSNBC people to stack his cabinet with? I highly, highly doubt it.

How is it not concerning to you both that Trump hires people he likes from TV??? Aren't there other experts on this stuff out there??? Why pluck randos from the cable TV circuit???
Would you be this cool w/Obama picking MSNBC people to stack his cabinet with? I highly, highly doubt it.

Do you even know what media bias is? Hint: it has nothing to do with Trump's hiring.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias

I didn't say it doesn't concern me who Trump chooses to be advising him. What I did say was --- Your entire premise for this thread is "All of these people are people I see on TV all of the time so, therefore, they cannot be qualified for any position in the White House". That's just silly. Just because someone is on TV doesn't mean they're uneducated. You agree, right?

I didn't say it doesn't concern me who Trump chooses to be advising him. What I did say was --- Your entire premise for this thread is "All of these people are people I see on TV all of the time so, therefore, they cannot be qualified for any position in the White House". That's just silly. Just because someone is on TV doesn't mean they're uneducated. You agree, right?

That is a fake quote. I never said they are uneducated. Why do you make crap like this up? I said Trump is obviously choosing these people he sees them on TV, and that he likes what they say. That's it! He is NOT picking people wisely and only picks them because he sees them on TV. There are other people who are qualified for these jobs that are not TV douchebags.

Again you are more concerned w/what I do than what Trump does. That's silly.

That is a fake quote. I never said they are uneducated. Why do you make crap like this up? I said Trump is obviously choosing these people he sees them on TV, and that he likes what they say. That's it! He is NOT picking people wisely and only picks them because he sees them on TV. There are other people who are qualified for these jobs that are not TV douchebags.

Again you are more concerned w/what I do than what Trump does. That's silly.

You implied that these people aren't qualified for their jobs in the White House simply because we see them on TV. Omarosa was qualified for her position, wasn't she?

You implied that these people aren't qualified for their jobs in the White House simply because we see them on TV. Omarosa was qualified for her position, wasn't she?

I never said either way, there are arguments to be made about their qualifications what I am getting at is that Trump is hiring people from TV, specifically conservative leading voices in TV. This is the very definition of media bias. As to Omarosa I like her but she's very controversial. (like most of these people) I'm sure there were plenty of other qualified people perhaps moreso than her to do that job that aren't controversial. Trump likes to troll the media w/these picks and does not necessarily care what the job is or how they do it.

Back
Top Bottom