• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Haters Reviled but.............

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump haters are reviled as not giving him the credit he deserves. His base thinks of him as a God to follow through everything (even killing someone on 5th Ave). Mostly the attacks on Trump haters point to Democrats and Liberals being the culprits but the reality is that hating Trump is NOT a partisan attack. Take a look and explain how it is that his own people say this of him:

TrumpRepublicanOpinions1.jpg

I don't think anyone cares about Trump-haters. They're just one more type of hater.

Nothing special there.

You may not care about them but I do, since I am one of them. My problem is that the critics of the Trump haters pop up everywhere like rats in a sewer and they gnaw, and gnaw, and gnaw, like beavers trying to build a dam with the skin of the Trump haters. They know it is a losing battle since no dam can be built from skin (much like Trump thinking the Mexicans will pay for the wall), but it is a distraction. Then again, there are now many more Trump haters than Trump lovers and soon, the dam will break and they will be drowned once they realize that Trump will not come to save them.

It will be the "Dawn of Reality", which will be a rude-awakening for Trump lovers as well.

I don't think anyone cares about Trump-haters. They're just one more type of hater.

Nothing special there.

Nothing special about members of his own party calling him a racist moron who's a pathological liar?!?

Are you 16 years old?

Trump haters are reviled as not giving him the credit he deserves. His base thinks of him as a God to follow through everything (even killing someone on 5th Ave). Mostly the attacks on Trump haters point to Democrats and Liberals being the culprits but the reality is that hating Trump is NOT a partisan attack. Take a look and explain how it is that his own people say this of him:

View attachment 67236758
These traitors would do or say anything against our President just to keep their (career politician)jobs.

Nothing special there.

Is a murderer-hater "just one more type of hater"? I would've said something else but that gives too easy an out.

Beyond the fact that labeling someone who criticizes a politician a "hater" of that politician is idiotic, there is no reason why someone shouldn't despise a person who is vile.

Trump cultivates hatred. It plays to his strength. This is what demagogues do. It isn't at all unusual to find Trump supporters who are motivated by their hatred of those who hate him. I was watching some Fox News coverage of the Surrender Summit in Helsinki. Most of their coverage that I saw ignored Trump altogether and was focused almost exclusively on the most over-the-top criticism of him.

Populism can survive only amid polarization. It works through the unending vilification of a cartoonish enemy. Never forget that you’re that enemy. Trump needs you to be the enemy, just like all religions need a demon. A scapegoat. “But facts!” you’ll say, missing the point entirely.

What makes you the enemy? It’s very simple to a populist: If you’re not a victim, you’re a culprit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/01/27/in-venezuela-we-couldnt-stop-chavez-dont-make-the-same-mistakes-we-did/?utm_term=.9167bdc7f281

You may not care about them but I do, since I am one of them. My problem is that the critics of the Trump haters pop up everywhere like rats in a sewer and they gnaw, and gnaw, and gnaw, like beavers trying to build a dam with the skin of the Trump haters. They know it is a losing battle since no dam can be built from skin (much like Trump thinking the Mexicans will pay for the wall), but it is a distraction. Then again, there are now many more Trump haters than Trump lovers and soon, the dam will break and they will be drowned once they realize that Trump will not come to save them.

It will be the "Dawn of Reality", which will be a rude-awakening for Trump lovers as well.

The deal is - hatred is hatred - no matter the subject of that hatred.

Hatred always divides -- it never brings people together. It's always destructive instead of constructive.

Your post describes a battle of sorts -- and that's all well and find -- but don't expect a victory. Peace is not borne of hatred. Only more hatred.

But, it's your choice as to how you want to live.

Nothing special about members of his own party calling him a racist moron who's a pathological liar?!?

Are you 16 years old?

No, I'm not 16 -- why? Looking for a date?

This thread is not about GOPers who have denounced the President -- we all know they exist. It's about pure hatred of the President. Perhaps you should stay on topic.

Trump "haters" if you will should not be special no, because any decent person should not like him.

Wrong.

"Decent" people can see good in everyone. Only the haters are so blinded by their rage that they see only the bad.

"Hatred" is a very strong emotion -- and feeling it never leads to anything good -- especially for the one who's expressing it.

View attachment 67236758

He's done a few good things but they get overshadowed because he continuously acts like a insecure asshole.

Is a murderer-hater "just one more type of hater"? I would've said something else but that gives too easy an out.

Beyond the fact that labeling someone who criticizes a politician a "hater" of that politician is idiotic, there is no reason why someone shouldn't despise a person who is vile.

Hatred is hatred -- there is no splitting hairs here.

By the way -- the "hatred" part was identified and introduced in the OP -- I didn't do it. You really should pay better attention. This is so typical of you.

These traitors would do or say anything against our President just to keep their (career politician)jobs.

Canned answer of the month award nominee

Trump's soft underbelly is not the Left. The biggest mistake Trump made in Helsinki was standing at the podium with Putin and blaming America in such stark terms for whatever the National Security and geopolitical unrest there is between Russia and the US. Trump then shot himself right in the groin not even the foot when he immediately invited Putin for a visit to the WH in the Fall. Any chance he had that the Helsinki story was going to go away, went right out the window that very minute. Nicely done Mr Dealmaker, Mr SmartGuy.

Independents, the largest identified demo in the country are fleeing and rightfully so and the dems have not even done more than tickle at this one. Trump's got so many self inflicted wounds going all at once that his staff can't keep track of them and Donald's instincts demand that he keep picking at the scabs of those self inflicted wounds.

Last edited:
People who don't like criticism probably shouldn't express an opinion that's going to get them criticised. If that smacks of curtailment of free speech to you (general 'you', not aimed at anyone in particular), you're an idiot.

Criticising someone, even telling them to shut up, infringes no one's right of expression. That only happens when you do something to prevent them from speaking or writing in the public arena. And even that can occasionally be justified on a number of grounds.

I believe in free speech, but no one believes in unlimited free speech.

The deal is - hatred is hatred - no matter the subject of that hatred.

Hatred always divides -- it never brings people together. It's always destructive instead of constructive.

Your post describes a battle of sorts -- and that's all well and find -- but don't expect a victory. Peace is not borne of hatred. Only more hatred.

But, it's your choice as to how you want to live.

Though I agree with you 100% the reality is that when you are attacked repeatedly something must be done to stop the attack as no one can live being attacked all the time. Trump and the Republicans are lying every day (number of Trump lies are now above 3700 since he took office) and the personal attacks on people that have distinguished themselves in the past is unwarranted and insulting. As such, "the other cheek" is not an option because when you do that you empower the bullies to attack more.

This is why morals, ethics, honor, principles and humanity should always be in place at all times no matter what the disagreements are. Respecting your opponents is basic and if the basics are being thrown away there is no other choice than to fight back.

Last but not least, it is clearly understood that feelings is not something that can be convinced away. People feel automatically about whatever they are facing and as such, feelings need to be addressed with feeling and not with thoughts and words. As such, approach everything with respect, honor, principles and humanity and you will cause most hate to go away and be replaced simply with a difference of opinion that can be worked on more easily.

Perfect example of this is Trump's action of separating children from their mothers. It does not matter what the laws are on that, it is something that "automatically" will cause hate against the person doing it given that it is a feeling (keep families together) that is innate in all people. Trump did not approach this from a humanity point of view and therefore was hated automatically.

Last edited:
Trump's soft underbelly is not the Left. The biggest mistake Trump made in Helsinki was standing at the podium with Putin and blaming America in such stark terms for whatever the National Security and geopolitical unrest there is between Russia and the US. Trump then shot himself right in the groin not even the foot when he immediately invited Putin for a visit to the WH in the Fall. Any chance he had that the Helsinki story was going to go away, went right out the window that very minute. Nicely done Mr Dealmaker, Mr SmartGuy.

Independents, the largest identified demo in the country are fleeing and rightfully so and the dems have not even done more than tickle at this one. Trump's got so many self inflicted wounds going all at once that his staff can't keep track of them and Donald's instincts demand that he keep picking at the scabs of those self inflicted wounds.

Trump's biggest downfall is perpetually considering himself the smartest guy in the room. Anyone who makes the "mistake" of presenting evidence to the contrary are attacked. I guess some might lose their security clearance.

No, I'm not 16 -- why? Looking for a date?

Because anyone who's been around for any length of time knows that members of his own party calling their candidate a pathologically lying racist moron and worst, is very special.

If you can find quotes as damnable as these, used by candidates of the same party, I'll happily concede your point, well maybe not happily but at least grudgingly...

Back
Top Bottom