• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Gives Chief of Staff Reince Priebus Until Independence Day for White House Shak

cuban smokes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump Gives Chief of Staff Reince Priebus Until Independence Day for White House Shakeup

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-gives-chief-staff-reince-095322301.html

President Donald Trump has given White House chief of staff Reince Priebus until Independence Day on July 4 to get the White House in order or lose his job.

Trump gave Priebus the ultimatum just days after returning to Washington from a nine-day foreign trip last month, according to two administration officials and three outside advisers who spoke with Politico.

Multiple sources told the publication that Trump berated Priebus for dysfunction in the White House in front of Trump’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and deputy campaign manager David Bossie during a meeting in the Oval Office. Trump then gave Priebus the deadline

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, Trump admits The White House is a disaster :2wave:

Re: Trump Gives Chief of Staff Reince Priebus Until Independence Day for White House

Trump Gives Chief of Staff Reince Priebus Until Independence Day for White House Shakeup

President Donald Trump has given White House chief of staff Reince Priebus until Independence Day on July 4 to get the White House in order or lose his job.

Trump gave Priebus the ultimatum just days after returning to Washington from a nine-day foreign trip last month, according to two administration officials and three outside advisers who spoke with Politico.

Multiple sources told the publication that Trump berated Priebus for dysfunction in the White House in front of Trump’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and deputy campaign manager David Bossie during a meeting in the Oval Office. Trump then gave Priebus the deadline

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you forced to put words into Trump's mouth? And Priebus has been rumored to be on the way out since Jan 20. I think it might be time to stop counting chickens until the eggs hatch...

Re: Trump Gives Chief of Staff Reince Priebus Until Independence Day for White House

Trump can get rid of his Chief of Staff and bring in someone else.. but, firing Priebus could very well piss off the Republican establishment. Priebus is their insurance and lifeline in a Trump WH.

Also the main point is that all problems have stemmed from Trump's own incompetence. Trump is stirring up more legal trouble than DMX. Yes, Mr. DMX was tragically found unconscious in another abandoned parking lot with crack cocaine residue on his lips, it's his bodyguard's, his producer's, his lawyer's, his wife's, his agent's, and his driver's fault.

Trump can get rid of his Chief of Staff and bring in someone else.. but, firing Priebus could very well piss off the Republican establishment. Priebus is their insurance and lifeline in a Trump WH.

Also the main point is that all problems have stemmed from Trump's own incompetence. Trump is stirring up more legal trouble than DMX. Yes, Mr. DMX was tragically found unconscious in another abandoned parking lot with crack cocaine residue on his lips, it's his bodyguard's, his producer's, his lawyer's, his wife's, his agent's, and his driver's fault.

DMX? Who is that and how are they related to Trump?

DMX? Who is that and how are they related to Trump?

DMX is a rapper who can't stay out of jail.

Yeah, the problem with the White House is Reince Priebus.

The problem in the White House is the Malignant Narcisist in Chief .

DMX is a rapper who can't stay out of jail.

OK...how is he linked to Trump?

OK...how is he linked to Trump?

Trump's legal problems are numerous like DMX's. I was speaking figuratively, using a poetic license to make light of Trump's incompetence. Trump blaming everyone around him doesn't change the fact the problem is with Trump. Not Priebus, Spicer, Sessions, or Obama. Trump is the problem. I used a comparison of another celebrity, DMX, getting arrested or found in hotels coked out, as a way to compare two people's legal troubles. DMX has problems with drugs. Trump has problems with ethics. Then I said that would be like DMX blaming everyone else, and changing drivers, agents, etc. won't stop DMX from smoking crack, the same way, changing Priebus out, won't make Trump magically into an ethical person.

Another analogy, Trump is changing a part. People that troubleshoot HVAC systems, who don't know what they are doing. Just start changing parts out until they magically find the problem part. The only thing is here, the problem part is Trump.

According to Spicer this story is false and it didn't come from any among Trump's inner circle.

Also in the rest of the article you didn't quote that was verified by senior members of Trump's team.

My guess is this story was leaked to catch the leakers who spoke to Politico.

According to Spicer this story is false and it didn't come from any among Trump's inner circle.

Also in the rest of the article you didn't quote that was verified by senior members of Trump's team.

Hmm... was Spicer actually at the meeting in question where the reported comments were delivered?
No?

Then there's no reason to believe a guy who has been repeatedly caught promoting lies and other false narratives.
Spicer's a laughingstock.

You don't think Spicer is lying and/or has no idea what he is talking about?

Trump's legal problems are numerous like DMX's. I was speaking figuratively, using a poetic license to make light of Trump's incompetence. Trump blaming everyone around him doesn't change the fact the problem is with Trump. Not Priebus, Spicer, Sessions, or Obama. Trump is the problem. I used a comparison of another celebrity, DMX, getting arrested or found in hotels coked out, as a way to compare two people's legal troubles. DMX has problems with drugs. Trump has problems with ethics. Then I said that would be like DMX blaming everyone else, and changing drivers, agents, etc. won't stop DMX from smoking crack, the same way, changing Priebus out, won't make Trump magically into an ethical person.

Another analogy, Trump is changing a part. People that troubleshoot HVAC systems, who don't know what they are doing. Just start changing parts out until they magically find the problem part. The only thing is here, the problem part is Trump.

That's called "shotgunning, BTW. But even when forced to adopt that approach by time limitations or something else, it only makes sense to go after the things that are most likely the problem.:mrgreen:

You don't think Spicer is lying and/or has no idea what he is talking about?

Even in the OP posted the article claimed those closest to Trump deny that Trump said anything about Preibus.

Every week there is another story about Trump at odds with one of his staff members and someone was going to be fired and it turns out to be a bust.

My suggestion is the story was planted to see who would leak it.

Even in the OP posted the article claimed those closest to Trump deny that Trump said anything about Preibus.

Every week there is another story about Trump at odds with one of his staff members and someone was going to be fired and it turns out to be a bust.

My suggestion is the story was planted to see who would leak it.

Planting a story to weed out leakers is likely.

It's also likely, in my view, that Spicer doesn't have accurate information. Or, that Trump told associates conflicting information.

Also long been reported Trump is displeased with his Chief of Staff.

Trump is the CEO of bad decisions. All those bad decisions are biting him on the ass. That's a lot of ass biting. How does Trump followup his bad decisions and shocking inability to lead and direct? He blames everyone else - while he continues to make really bad decisions.

Trump has proven time and again that isn't well informed. He has proven time and again that he will not learn from his mistakes. We also know now that he does not read or even understand reports, data, studies, research. We also know that Trump is not likely to take advice, criticism or suggestions.

Trump ****ed up by picking swamp dwellers, idealogues, and family to work in his administration. Many of those people haven't a clue as to what they are doing. Seriously, at times I am sure we have all wondered how uniformed some of his staff must be.

As a result of all this and more Trump's Administration is a train wreck. We know that most of the big law firms in DC won't represent Trump because they do not want to ruin their reputations. It is likely no different for talented and respected people of character and integrity who might have made a difference in the administration.

What well respected person would want to jump on a train wreck and ride? Trump can embarrass his staff, slander them publicly, dress them down in front of others, contradict and undermine them all he wants but that low rent behavior is not going to improve his administration. He can fire damn near anyone including Preibus but what good will it do? Even if Trump were to find a qualified replacement with character and integrity - not likely - Trump is not going to listen to the replacement. Trump will continue to undermine him or her and render them effectively useless. It will be just more horrendous bad decisions from Trump.

As Naomi Klien recently said of Trump, "He is an idiot and the frightening thing is that he is really good at it."

Last edited:

It's also likely, in my view, that Spicer doesn't have accurate information. Or, that Trump told associates conflicting information.

I am shocked to see Winston attached to these words...because the words look 100% reasonable.

+1 2 U

Trump is the CEO of bad decisions. All those bad decisions are biting him on the ass. That's a lot of ass biting. How does Trump followup his bad decisions and shocking inability to lead and direct? He blames everyone else - while he continues to make really bad decisions.

Trump has proven time and again that isn't well informed. He has proven time and again that he will not learn from his mistake. We also know now that he does not read or even understand reports, data, studies, research. We also know that Trump is not likely take advice, criticism or suggestions.

Trump ****ed up by picking swamp dwellers, idealogues, and family to work in his administration. Many of those people haven't a clue as to what they are doing. Seriously, at times I am sure we have all wondered how uniformed some of his staff must be.

As a result of all this and more Trump's Administration is a train wreck. We know that most of the big law firms in DC won't represent Trump because they do not want to ruin their reputations. It is likely no different for talented and respected people of character and integrity who might have made a difference in the administration. What well respected person would want to jump on a train wreck and ride? Trump can embarrass his staff, slander them publicly, dress them down in front of others, contradict and undermine them all he wants but that low rent behavior is not going to improve his administration. He can fire damn near anyone including Preibus but what good will it do? Even if Trump were to find a qualified replacement with character and integrity - not likely - Trump is not going to listen to the replacement. Trump will continue to undermine him or her and render them effectively useless. It will be just more horrendous bad decisions from Trump.

As Naomi Klien recently said of Trump, "He is an idiot and the frightening thing is that he is really good at it."

That bit of slander has been selling well of late, but it is not going to work as well as tagging Trump as a crook, a program which so far has been a bust.

Meh,

Here is a clip from the cabinet meeting where Priebus was in attendance and the press is allowed in for just a few minutes. Each member has a chance to say something and Priebus says he will continue to work hard to achieve the goals asked of him.

But the funny part comes when Pompeo of the CIA speaks.

Last edited:

This is a warning from Trump. Priebus basically has until July 4. Then he's gone!

Meh,

Here is a clip from the cabinet meeting where Priebus was in attendance and the press is allowed in for just a few minutes. Each member has a chance to say something and Priebus and he says he will continue to work hard to achieve the goals asked of him.

But the funny part comes when Pompeo of the CIA speaks.

To me that's not amusing at all. I find it to be a continuation of right wing victimhood and utterly preposterous. Someone afraid to speak to the media is either paranoid or hiding something. I have a very low opinion of Mike Pompeo and it's sunk even lower.

To me that's not amusing at all. I find it to be a continuation of right wing victimhood and utterly preposterous. Someone afraid to speak to the media is either paranoid or hiding something. I have a very low opinion of Mike Pompeo and it's sunk even lower.

I thought his comments to be very funny considering the media's role in doing all they can to undermine his presidency.

That bit of slander has been selling well of late, but it is not going to work as well as tagging Trump as a crook, a program which so far has been a bust.

Sorry, mate but it isn't slander. Trump is woefully uninformed about sooooo many things. We have all seen it so many times.

I thought his comments to be very funny considering the media's role in doing all they can to undermine his presidency.

I'm sure they were funny to you. You and I are going to see things much differently. I don't think the media is undermining a presidency. And I support vocal and public demonstrations against the president. It's no different than when I go around my family members and we watch something on CNN.. and they have the power panels of a right wing guest and a left wing guest, and my relatives will start agreeing with the right and I have to go toss my lunch.

This is a warning from Trump. Priebus basically has until July 4. Then he's gone!

Bye bye, Reince.

Trump is the problem. A new chief of staff will report to Trump and Trump is a very inept boss, leader, task master.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Sorry, mate but it isn't slander. Trump is woefully uninformed about sooooo many things. We have all seen it so many times.

Stupid and uniformed are not the same. Trump is right on the money way more often than he has a right to be, because he is smart, and he pays attention.

Back
Top Bottom