• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump doesn’t want to give up his Fifth Avenue penthouse

mbig

onomatopoeic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Makes you ask the obvious.
Did he really want to be Prez for anything but Ego reason. Was there any other job left for that ego?

President-elect has been asking if he can spend weekends at Trump Tower
Nov 13, 2016
Donald Trump | White House | Trump Tower
President-elect Donald Trump would like to spend as much time as possible at Trump Tower even after he moves into the White House.

The real estate developer has been asking aides how many nights he will need to spend in Washington and whether he’ll be able to fly back on weekends to New York, or spend them at his Bedminster, N.J. home or his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, the New York Times reported.

During the campaign, Trump often chose to fly through the night in order to sleep in his familiar Fifth Avenue penthouse instead of at a local hotel. He’s lived in the Louis XIV-style, 24-karat gold and marble apartment for more than three decades.
Aides are reportedly hoping that he’ll change his mind once he’s settled at the White House and less overwhelmed by the dramatic shift in his life.
[NYT] http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/us/politics/trump-president.html
Katherine Clarke

With all the other things going on that will grab attention, this seems way down on the list of things to worry about. IMO, Trump is making a mistake with this request.

Yayyyyy!!!! Trump is doing this so it makes me super excited and happy even though I'm completely unable to articulate why that is! [/trumpsupporter]

I've often wondered what HRC's motivation was for seeking the presidency. Her wealth puts her in the 1%.
Plus she's nearly 70 and not in great health, and we all know being POTUS stresses a person out considerably.

Was Hillary's ambition for power to prove that women can achieve the highest office in the land? Since she rode her husband's coattails and wouldn't be a national figure without a man's help, that should have marred her legacy had she become president.

HRC also didn't seem to want to improve the lives of average Americans, as she's spent the past 15 years lining her pockets and cuddling up to Wall Street bankers.

The only feasible motivation I can attribute to Hillary's run for POTUS is a lust for power to satisfy her ego.

Yayyyyy!!!! Trump is doing this so it makes me super excited and happy even though I'm completely unable to articulate why that is! [/trumpsupporter]

Remember all the Hillary supporters that could not think of one accomplishment of hers? I do. To say Clinton supporters are any smarter is part of a dead narrative.

You seem distraught. :lol:

With all the other things going on that will grab attention, this seems way down on the list of things to worry about. IMO, Trump is making a mistake with this request.

Not to mention the security that would require.

Not to mention the security that would require.

Well, by only taking a $1 a year salary instead of the $400,000 he could get, that should cover the SS detail over 4 years.

Meh...so he remodels a little bit...throw in a Jacuzzi...a few new fixtures...he'll get used to the new digs...

winter_palace.jpg

Did he really want to be Prez for anything but Ego reason. Was there any other job left for that ego?

Nov 13, 2016

Why should he give up his apartment? The Kennedys didn't sell the house either.

Nov 13, 2016

The obvious question would be, "Why would anyone want to put themselves through a presidential election if they were previously leading the luxurious life of a billionaire?"

Why should he give up his apartment? The Kennedys didn't sell the house either.
um..
It's not about "giving it up", it's about "spending as little time being Prez as possible."
Unfortunately.
How much time does he "NEED" to spend in Washington?
He's kidding right? A week after he's elected, he wants out.

And I guess, ie, beautiful Camp David isn't Gauche, Gold-plated, Nouveau Riche enough for the tasteless Clown.

Last edited:
There is a real element of humor here that he's giving up 4 years of his life, for what could have just been for publicity. It took on a life of its own once donors and money started flowing. I mean, he's competitive, he couldn't help beating those republican candidates and trying hard, even if he didn't want it. And once he won the primary, the wave was already out of control. Can I sleep in my 24K bed please?

Nov 13, 2016

Really? Seriously?

GW Bush kept his Texas ranch, as did Johnson. Kennedy kept his New England seaside mansion as did GHW Bush. Reagan kept his California ranch. Carter kept his freaking peanut farm. Clinton didn't have **** so he didn't keep ****, but he damned sure made up for it later.

Did that mean that any of them didn't really want to be President?

Some people should just chill out with all the attempts to find something to bitch about regarding Trump.

Really? Seriously?

GW Bush kept his Texas ranch, as did Johnson. Kennedy kept his New England seaside mansion as did GHW Bush. Reagan kept his California ranch. Carter kept his freaking peanut farm. Clinton didn't have **** so he didn't keep ****, but he damned sure made up for it later.
Some people should just chill out with all the attempts to find something to bitch about regarding Trump.
Read Much?
I didn't say, nor did anyone suggest, he should give it up, or not use it for vacation.
But Just-elected (and artifically erected) Trump wants to go 'homes' Every weekend, and spend as little time as possible being Prez. He wants to commute to work!
(just as he flew home in between distant campaign stops just to be in his own bedsy)
You missed the whole point in your Partisan/goofy defense

Last edited:
Read Much?
I didn't say, nor did anyone suggest, he should give it up, or not use it for vacation.
But Just-elected (and artifically erected) Trump wants to go 'homes' Every weekend, and spend as little time as possible being Prez.
(just as he flew home in between distant campaign stops just to be in his own bedsy)

But Trump wants to go 'homes' Every weekend, and spend as little time as possible being Prez.

LMAO....you get ahold of a rumor type hit piece and run with it.

Then try to back out with this lame excuse?

But Trump wants to go 'homes' Every weekend, and spend as little time as possible being Prez.[/B ]
LMAO....you get ahold of a rumor type hit piece and run with it.
Then try to back out with this lame excuse?
NO answer to an article sourcing the NY Times.
(and trumps desire to basically commute to work)
Just more Angry and Empty Partisan Clownery.
Continue LYAO cause that's your only gig here.

NO answer to an article sourcing the NY Times.
(and trumps desire to basically commute to work)
Just more Angry and Empty Partisan Clownery.
Continue LYAO cause that's your only gig here.

You win!

I hand you my sword..... good sir.

It's name is "Pettiness".

TRUMP needs to suck it up and slum it in the White House most nights.

I am HAWkEYE10, and that's my call.

:2wave:

Well, by only taking a $1 a year salary instead of the $400,000 he could get, that should cover the SS detail over 4 years.

That's only a mil and a half. You think that will cover it?

Read Much?
But Just-elected (and artifically erected) Trump wants to go 'homes' Every weekend, and spend as little time as possible being Prez. He wants to commute to work!

Partisan? Did you notice the names of the Presidents I listed, and if you did, are your aware of their particular party affiliation?

If he's President, he can live wherever he wants. However, I'm sure that he will find out that the Situation Room and other classified parts of the White House - Eisenhower Executive Office Building Complex will require him to be close at hand rather than in Manhattan.

On a side note, if this is actually a real issue for you, I would suggest you reevaluate what you think is and isn't an important issue. IMHO. You can of course do what you wish, including worrying about what bed the next President sleeps in.

Now I understand why Trump said he won't take any vacation. He's only planning on staying in DC as little as he has to.

Back
Top Bottom