• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Derangement Syndrome - Is It Real?

Mitch was broken as all hell even before Trump. The dude was always a piece of *****

Worthless partisan trash like McConnell and Gingrich are part of the reason why someone like Trump is the current Republican president. They helped create the political environment for someone like Trump to thrive in.

I do understand that people react negatively to him. I do myself at times when he strikes me as being overly petulant or petty and sometimes unhelpful in his remarks. But the pure hatred, malicious and unreasonable as well as unethical rhetoric leveled toward him and anybody who defends him in anything by the more vitriolic left is way over the top and beyond any normal response to anything he has done or said.

I thought the same when I saw the placards displaying Obama as Hitler or references to him being a Kenyan. The commonality here is you'll have vocal groups regardless of who is president; the variable is how offensive to people's sensibilities a president happens to be. Obama represented a change some didn't want culturally or politically, and you had a charged animus toward him. Trump doubled down on the outwardly confrontational approach and has been met with the same force; the kind of energy we put out will often be met in kind.

Leaders have an opportunity to direct the tone of political discourse and conduct; the flaw I find in Trump is he's decided to continue the downward spiral of divisive politics instead of "taking the lumps" required to turn it around. He could take the high road and not act like a petulant child, but I don't see his ego allowing that to happen. Acceptance of this behavior sets the precedent of it being a sound tactic to use going forward; that's the part which saddens me because if this nonsense is fine now, it will likely get worse as others up the ante.

I thought the same when I saw the placards displaying Obama as Hitler or references to him being a Kenyan. The commonality here is you'll have vocal groups regardless of who is president; the variable is how offensive to people's sensibilities a president happens to be. Obama represented a change some didn't want culturally or politically, and you had a charged animus toward him. Trump doubled down on the outwardly confrontational approach and has been met with the same force; the kind of energy we put out will often be met in kind.

Leaders have an opportunity to direct the tone of political discourse and conduct; the flaw I find in Trump is he's decided to continue the downward spiral of divisive politics instead of "taking the lumps" required to turn it around. He could take the high road and not act like a petulant child, but I don't see his ego allowing that to happen. Acceptance of this behavior sets the precedent of it being a sound tactic to use going forward; that's the part which saddens me because if this nonsense is fine now, it will likely get worse as others up the ante.

I think Trump could halt global warming, end hunger, achieve world peace, and cure cancer, and the hatred from the TDS group wouldn't even be dented, much less turned around. We are unlikely to agree on this.

Fox news has been trying to dig up mueller’s past to concoct a retaliatory investigation. They may fail just as hard as Jacob Wohl (dont know how the hell that crazy kiddo stays out of jail) but yes when it is convenient lots of republicans in the house called him a liar.
Lots?

I think you need to source that bull****.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

TDS isn't real as the specified syndrome. It is however a term that describe many liberals regarding president Trump, pretty accurately.

I think Trump could halt global warming, end hunger, achieve world peace, and cure cancer, and the hatred from the TDS group wouldn't even be dented, much less turned around. We are unlikely to agree on this.

Trumpists did set the precedent. Cant get much lower than dehumanizing one's predecessor.

Trumpists did set the precedent. Cant get much lower than dehumanizing one's predecessor.

Which is exactly what the TDS group does both to Obama's predecessor and now to Trump and anybody who works for him or supports him or speaks well of him. And President Trump and his followers did not set the precedent. It began much earlier mostly in the Bush 43 administration. It went into overdrive when President Trump won the 2016 election. Then everything bad that happened during the Obama Administration was George Bush's fault and everything good that has happened in the Trump Administration is Obama's doing according to the TDS group. And apparently that's the way President Obama sees it too.

Last edited:
Which is exactly what the TDS group does. And President Trump and his followers did not set the precedent. It began much earlier mostly in the Bush 43 administration. It went into overdrive when President Trump won the 2016 election.

and before that and before that, we can go on all day long but whataboutery makes one a hypocrite.

Do you not think lying about one's predecessor's origins, especially if that person is a person of color is dehumanizing someone?

Last edited:

It's been in Trump's hands this entire time; he could have easily change the narrative but he has chosen not to. If you make yourself an easy person to dislike and make a point of continuing that trend, then you're sabotaging your own success. In the simplest terms, most people don't like a-holes; much less root for them. Why make yourself out to be one?

Political commentator Justin Raimondo wrote to the LA Times:

"[TDS] sufferers speak a distinctive language consisting of hyperbole leading to a constant state of hysteria… the afflicted lose touch with reality."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell:

"To call a public servant like the attorney general [Bill Barr] a liar is completely over the top. These people are somewhat suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome."

CNN's Chris Cillizza re-defines TDS to fit the left's agenda:

"The truth is that TDS is just the preferred nomenclature of Trump defenders who view those who oppose him and his policies as nothing more than blind hatred."

Is "Trump Derangement Syndrome" a Real Mental Condition? | Psychology Today

For a few, yes. Others saw what he was before he was elected, so far, for me, he proves Daily I was correct. It is not a derangement to call him out for his words and actions, it is a derangement to continually ignore and excuse the truth that he is simply unfit to be President of the United States if America.

No it is not real. It's gaslighting. It's pretending an idiot who spends all his time watching Fox and tweeting on the crapper can be president and calling him out is somehow the fault of those who noticed he is not up to the job. Just look at the gibberish he drools in his speeches:

"We'll see; I'm hearing stories." He's been saying that since his campaign Since his birther days. He says it because he doesn't know the answer, hasn't read the briefing. He hasn't given it any thought. He hasn't a plan, hasn't a clue and he doesn't care to learn. He's making it up as he goes along.

The real derangement is supporting him and his bigotry and idiocy, even after he's proven himself a liar and incompetent. The real derangement is blind support of this buffoon.

The problem is - how did "Trump Derangement Syndrome" last this long?

Oh yes, TDS is real, I assure you. All it takes is one of these...

Official-Donald-trump-Make-America-Great-Again-Hat---Red---Crop_900x900.jpg

Oh yes, TDS is real, I assure you. All it takes is one of these...
What I find particularly odd is that President Reagan had the exact same campaign slogan in 1980, and he never received this level of animosity and irrational hatred.

and before that and before that, we can go on all day long but whataboutery makes one a hypocrite.

Do you not think lying about one's predecessor's origins, especially if that person is a person of color is dehumanizing someone?

No it isn't dehumanizing somebody any more than it was dehumanizing to Ted Cruz and John McCain when the same questions were raised about them. What does being a person of color have to do with it?

What is more dehumanizing? To see people of color as different and helpless or damaged and in need of special programs, protections, and deference in language and characterizations? Or to treat all people the same with skin color being of no more importance than eye color or hair color?

No it isn't dehumanizing somebody any more than it was dehumanizing to Ted Cruz and John McCain when the same questions were raised about them. What does being a person of color have to do with it?

What is more dehumanizing? To see people of color as different and helpless or damaged and in need of special programs, protections, and deference in language and characterizations? Or to treat all people the same with skin color being of no more importance than eye color or hair color?

It had everything to do as far as Trump and the people that created the birther nonsense. The same nuts probably did the same with Ted and McCain to appear neutral. It is dehumanizing to blatantly lie about a person’s identity and citizenship status. Your shtick about muh social programs waaah is amusing tho.

Last edited:

"To call a public servant like the attorney general [Bill Barr] a liar is completely over the top. These people are somewhat suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome."

Really? There were US Representatives who called Obama a liar. Remember the "You lie!" shout, in profound disrespect to the Office of the President of the United States? What a disgrace! Would Mitch say that the representative who yelled "You lie!" to Obama suffered from Obama Derangement Syndrome? Mitch is a hypocrite. I wouldn't pay attention to anything that comes out of the mouth of that partisan jerk.

It had everything to do as far as Trump and the people that created the birther nonsense. The same nuts probably did the same with Ted and McCain to appear neutral. It is dehumanizing to blatantly lie about a person’s identity and citizenship status. Your shtick about muh social programs waaah is amusing tho.

Well we disagree. Do have a great day.

No it is not real. It's gaslighting. It's pretending an idiot who spends all his time watching Fox and tweeting on the crapper can be president and calling him out is somehow the fault of those who noticed he is not up to the job. Just look at the gibberish he drools in his speeches:

"We'll see; I'm hearing stories." He's been saying that since his campaign Since his birther days. He says it because he doesn't know the answer, hasn't read the briefing. He hasn't given it any thought. He hasn't a plan, hasn't a clue and he doesn't care to learn. He's making it up as he goes along.

The real derangement is supporting him and his bigotry and idiocy, even after he's proven himself a liar and incompetent. The real derangement is blind support of this buffoon.

Trump is a bull****ter. Calling that out is far from TDS.

What I find particularly odd is that President Reagan had the exact same campaign slogan in 1980, and he never received this level of animosity and irrational hatred.

The animosity doesn't stem from the slogan alone; it's a response to the animosity Trump creates toward most things his finds disagreeable. Had Reagan used similar campaign rhetoric it would be a fairer comparison.

Once the world starts treating people with different skin colors the same, this line of thought may gain relevance. But the reality is that equally skilled/experienced people of color are not treated equally well.

Example: Employers' Replies to Racial Names

Political commentator Justin Raimondo wrote to the LA Times:

"[TDS] sufferers speak a distinctive language consisting of hyperbole leading to a constant state of hysteria… the afflicted lose touch with reality."

CNN's Chris Cillizza re-defines TDS to fit the left's agenda:

"The truth is that TDS is just the preferred nomenclature of Trump defenders who view those who oppose him and his policies as nothing more than blind hatred."

Is "Trump Derangement Syndrome" a Real Mental Condition? | Psychology Today

One real question is:

Will this pervasive condition be covered by insurance?

Once the world starts treating people with different skin colors the same, this line of thought may gain relevance. But the reality is that equally skilled/experienced people of color are not treated equally well.

Example: Employers' Replies to Racial Names

In most cases, people of color are not treated unequally these days and sometimes get treated better by an employer who wants to be seen as race friendly and not discriminatory, etc. etc. etc. A kind of mental affirmative action kind of thing.

And there is another side to the argument too:

According to a seminar I attended not all that long ago, employers calling folks in for an interview do sometimes skip past the African American sounding names. This is not because of any antipathy toward African Americans, but in their experience, though of course there are exceptions, people with African American sounding names are much more likely to be sociopolitical activists, have a chip on their shoulder, be uber sensitive and quick to take offense or whine/complain that they are not getting a fair deal because of their race. The person named Edward or Richard or Mary or Susan are more likely to be mainstream and just people regardless of skin color.

And Latinos and Asian names are not discriminated against because experience with those employees is that most are going to be mainstream and just people instead of a pain in the butt to the employer.

All employers wind up with a pain in the butt on their work force sooner or later, but they don't go looking for them.

Last edited:
In most cases, people of color are not treated unequally these days and sometimes get treated better by an employer who wants to be seen as race friendly and not discriminatory, etc. etc. etc. A kind of mental affirmative action kind of thing.

And there is another side to the argument too:

According to a seminar I attended not all that long ago, employers calling folks in for an interview do sometimes skip past the African American sounding names. This is not because of any antipathy toward African Americans, but in their experience, though of course there are exceptions, people with African American sounding names are much more likely to be sociopolitical activists, have a chip on their shoulder, be uber sensitive and quick to take offense or whine/complain that they are not getting a fair deal because of their race. The person named Edward or Richard or Mary or Susan are more likely to be mainstream and just people regardless of skin color.

And Latinos and Asian names are not discriminated against because experience with those employees is that most are going to be mainstream and just people instead of a pain in the butt to the employer.

All employers wind up with a pain in the butt on their work force sooner or later, but they don't go looking for them.

That's quite the generalization. I wonder what the discrimination metrics are for people named "Star", "Sunbeam" etc. and whether employers thought those folks would spend their day smoking pot and kicking hacky sacks around.

Back
Top Bottom