• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump considers his own right wing spies

haymarket

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://theintercept.com/2017/12/04...-private-spies-to-counter-deep-state-enemies/

[FONT=TIActuBeta-ExBold_web]THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION is considering a set of proposals developed by Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a retired CIA officer — with assistance from Oliver North, a key figure in the Iran-Contra scandal — to provide CIA Director Mike Pompeo and the White House with a global, private spy network that would circumvent official U.S. intelligence agencies, according to several current and former U.S. intelligence officials and others familiar with the proposals. The sources say the plans have been pitched to the White House as a means of countering “deep state” enemies in the intelligence community seeking to undermine Trump’s presidency.[/FONT]
The creation of such a program raises the possibility that the effort would be used to create an intelligence apparatus to justify the Trump administration’s political agenda.
“Pompeo can’t trust the CIA bureaucracy, so we need to create this thing that reports just directly to him,” said a former senior U.S. intelligence official with firsthand knowledge of the proposals, in describing White House discussions. “It is a direct-action arm, totally off the books,” this person said, meaning the intelligence collected would not be shared with the rest of the CIA or the larger intelligence community. “The whole point is this is supposed to report to the president and Pompeo directly.”
Oliver North, who appears frequently on Trump’s favorite TV network, Fox News, was enlisted to help sell the effort to the administration. He was the “ideological leader” brought in to lend credibility, said the former senior intelligence official.
Some of the individuals involved with the proposals secretly met with major Trump donors asking them to help finance operations before any official contracts were signed.
The proposals would utilize an army of spies with no official cover in several countries deemed “denied areas” for current American intelligence personnel, including North Korea and Iran. The White House has also considered creating a new global rendition unit meant to capture terrorist suspects around the world, as well as a propaganda campaign in the Middle East and Europe to combat Islamic extremism and Iran.

If this is true, it should scare the living daylights out of every American. We have official - and I would guess - unofficial people already in place to protect the USA and to gather intelligence on other nations. The idea of creating a Blackwater type private force responsible to Trump is a major step towards lots and lots of dangerous things where nothing good lays at the end of those paths.

This part is ice chilling in its implications for a government within the government responsible only to Trump

“It is a direct-action arm, totally off the books,” this person said, meaning the intelligence collected would not be shared with the rest of the CIA or the larger intelligence community. “The whole point is this is supposed to report to the president and Pompeo directly.”

This is madness and must be stopped before it ever gets to first base.

Last edited:
https://theintercept.com/2017/12/04...-private-spies-to-counter-deep-state-enemies/

If this is true, it should scare the living daylights out of every American. We have official - and I would guess - unofficial people already in place to protect the USA and to gather intelligence on other nations. The idea of creating a Blackwater type private force responsible to Trump is a major step towards lots and lots of dangerous things where nothing good lays at the end of those paths.

He is making Nixon look good by comparison...

As we all know, all the great leaders in written history formed their own secret agents to circumvent their governments and constitutions.

As we all know, all the great leaders in written history formed their own secret agents to circumvent their governments and constitutions.

Hey, I wanted to show you this ever since I saw your avatar.

This part is ice chilling in its implications for a government within the government responsible only to Trump

Perhaps this should motivate you to question the conduct of Mueller's anti-Trump team.

Perhaps this should motivate you to question the conduct of Mueller's anti-Trump team.

I have no idea what that comment from you has to do with the OP.

I have no idea what that comment from you has to do with the OP.

Of course you don't. It explains why President Trump won.

Don't change, bro.

You're illustrating my point. Stay closed minded, my friend.

You have no point to illustrate as your initial comment had nothing to do with the post from me you pretended to be replying to.

I wonder what they'll call it. Geheime Staatzpolizei is already taken.

He's making a lot of sense but it speaks volumes that you don't understand. Carry on.

It dawned on me today why the Libbos are so hot-n-bothered to get President Trump removed from office. They're afraid he might win in 2020. Can you imagine the meltdown if they lose to him, twice?

It dawned on me today why the Libbos are so hot-n-bothered to get President Trump removed from office. They're afraid he might win in 2020. Can you imagine the meltdown if they lose to him, twice?

Mercenary spies. Think they'll be able to operate in the US against Americans? Must give Trumpboi's a woody.
The scary thing is, Trump is so incompetent he'll be bypassed by the head of his own secret police.

That's also why they are so frightened of the tax cut. We are already approaching 3% economic growth. With the tax cut, by 2020, we could be well into 4% growth. That is re-election territory.

Since it's not a secret, it won't happen.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Why? It's utterly irrelevant to that.

Perhaps you could post something cogent that has to do with the topic.

.....The Republican Guard were the elite troops of the Iraqi army directly reporting to Saddam Hussein.....

.....Formed in 1969, it was originally created to be a Presidential Guard. Its primary objective was to maintain the stability of the regime and provide protection against internal and external enemies. During the Iran–Iraq War, it was expanded into a large military force.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Guard_(Iraq)

:elephantf:usflag2:

He's making a lot of sense but it speaks volumes that you don't understand. Carry on.

So go ahead and explain it then. Begin with his post replying to me where he talked about Mueller.... here it is for you to make it easy

Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post

then tell me what that has to do with the post I made starting this thread which has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation.

yes - it makes no sense as a reply to the OP. Just an excuse for right wing attacks on Mueller and his investigation into the Russian attack on our democratic institutions .

Private surveillance and intelligence gathering companies have been operating in the US against US citizens for the last quarter century at least and one can go back almost 150 years if one includes organisations like the Pinkerton's Detectives which worked for the Union and the Robber-Barons of the 19th Century. What has changed is the scope and the freedom with which they are operating and the fact that they are doing things which no state-run surveillance or intelligence service would be allowed to do under US law. Examine the abuses of power by the TigerSwan PMSC and its role in pipeline construction security in North Dakota and more recently in Pennsylvania. The privatisation of surveillance and intelligence gathering coupled with applying military counterterrorism and counterinsurgency techniques against domestic civil society activists is a very, very, very dangerous social trend in today's America. This, far more than any radical ideology or fundamental religious movement, threatens the American way of life and American liberties and rights.

I applaud Haymarket for bringing this sub rosa creep towards private-sector-driven totalitarianism to the people's attention. We live in a more and more intrusive and hostile corporate panopticon with each year that passes and such abuses must be stopped now if American liberty is to endure into the middle of the 21st Century. This is serious stuff which is either swept under the carpets or being wilfully ignored by those in the halls of political power. Privacy must be restored as a right which can only be breached using legal due process and specific court order by publicly run and publicly answerable state intelligence and law enforcement institutions.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
Trump is frustrated that his "my word is law" way of life isn't going smoothly in the WH. So he wants to assemble a team of devout boot-lickers to help him rid the country of the 65% of Americans that don't think Trump's whims should be law.

Every time you think Trump and his minions have gone as far as they'd dare, you realize they were up late going even farther.

It's a reaction to that. But hey, keep not listening.

Hint: not listening is what got President Trump elected.

Back
Top Bottom