• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump approval drops by 6 points, majority say recession likely: POLL

Cheer up Lurch I’m sorry I make you sad. You should recovery in the next four years after the wall gets built and the new Republican controlled congress passes sensible immigration laws and China sign a fair trade agreement. So have a margarita and cheer up.
:)

And I get my new unicorn!!!!

Arguing with you is like trying to reason with a drug addict. Nothing will convince you of how wrong you are, and I can't be bothered. Maybe when you hit rock bottom you will see the light.

I read your posts here. You are delusional Trump cultist who goes out of his way to defend Trump's lies. You have no respect for yourself and much less the country.

So you can't list how he is destroying democracy got it.
just as i knew.

I hope you don't mind me just addressing this part of your post.

First of all, Bush didn't try to rein in anything. In fact when states tried to control subprime lending, the Bush administration sued them to pre-empt (aka effectively strike down, nullify) state laws and subject the lenders to far more lax federal rules as enforced by industry lackeys in OCC and elsewhere. These guys:

View attachment 67263559

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy.../AR2008021302783.html?nav=rss_opinion/columns

Second, Rep. Barney Frank and Sen. Chris Dodd are Democrats. The GOP was in control of the House from January 1995 through January 2007. The housing bubble rolled over in the summer of 2006. So during that 12 year span covering all of the housing bubble blowing up and bursting, Rep. Frank was in the minority party and didn't lead ANY committees.

Party divisions of United States Congresses - Wikipedia

The GOP controlled the Senate for a similar period - January 1995-Jan 2007 except for part of the two year period between 2001-2003.

So it's curious you place all the blame on a couple of Democrats, in the minority for ALL the relevant 12 year period in the case of Barney Frank and for all but about 18 months of that 12 year period in the case of Sen. Dodd and place NO blame on anyone in the GOP who actually HAD CONTROL OF CONGRESS FOR ALMOST THE ENTIRE RELEVANT PERIOD. And as you know, the regulators from January 2001 through January 2009 answered to President BUSH (R), not the Democrats in the minority in Congress.

It's almost like you don't care about facts but just have to find a way to blame Democrats even when doing so requires you to rewrite the history of Congress during the relevant period and make members of Congress NOT IN CHARGE more powerful than the Congressmen who actually WERE in charge. Amazing stuff to watch, especially since this crap has been debunked dozens of times on DP.

because they were in charge of the committee's that were on the oversite of those 2 entities.
they refused and in fact denied that there were an issue.

you should see the link i posted it pretty much says i am correct.

because they were in charge of the committee's that were on the oversite of those 2 entities.
they refused and in fact denied that there were an issue.
Uh, Frank and the D's did not control any committees until Jan 2007.

My guess is this will only benefit the D's as they ramp up impeachment efforts in the House, during the election year, highlighting all of Trump's malfeasance for the world to see.

Uh, Frank and the D's did not control any committees until Jan 2007.

Access Denied

excuse me he was on the committee. Both him and Dodd were very much opponents to the reforms that were being passed through.

Access Denied
you can ignore these as well.
which we know you will do.

although these say that in 2007 they were in charge of the committee's.
not sure why they say access denied but the links work.

Access Denied

excuse me he was on the committee. Both him and Dodd were very much opponents to the reforms that were being passed through.

Access Denied
you can ignore these as well.
which we know you will do.

although these say that in 2007 they were in charge of the committee's.
not sure why they say access denied but the links work.
If you don't understand how majority works, there is really no point in carrying on. prior to 2007, the GOP controlled those committees.

Further, this is still presuming FM/FM drove subprime during the bubble, they didn't since they reduced their MBS issuance's during the boom.

FannieFreddieRit.jpg

But again, you, like Fenton, are making the Wallison/Pinto argument that has been debunked a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom