• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump again calls for readmitting Russia to G7, blames Obama for Crimea's annexation

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/09/politics/trump-russia-g8-press-conference/index.html

CNN)President Donald Trump on Saturday doubled down on his call for Russia to be readmitted into the G7 and blamed his predecessor for Russia's aggression in Crimea.

"I think it would be an asset to have Russia back in," Trump said during an impromptu press conference at the summit. "I think it would be good for the world. I think it would be good for Russia. I think it would be good the United States. I think it would be good for all of the countries of the current G7. I think the G8 would be better."
==============================================
This is outright proof of a quid pro quo as Trump works hard to repay his buddy Putin for having gotten him elected. This is treason:

the crime of betraying one's country, defined in Article III, section 3 of the U.S. Constitution: "Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

Last edited:
It isn't treason to say you want Russia in the G7. It's just dumb.

Russia is still in the Crimea. Nothing has changed in Europe as far as Russia goes. But Trump is now president & he owes Putin. Surprised it took him this long to try to pay him back by insisting that Russia rejoin the G8.

Last edited:
What a monumental waste, any other question as to how much Trump is in Russia’s pocket?

a)Well, under whose watch did Russia annex the Crimea?
b)And who were the world leaders at that time?
c)And what did those world leaders do to prevent it from happening?

Answers:

A: Obama's
B: Obama, Merkel, etc.
C: Nothing

If I were trump I would invite Putin to my birthday party just to watch the lefts heads explode.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

What a monumental waste, any other question as to how much Trump is in Russia’s pocket?

The only thing missing from his talk to the WH press today was a big sign in the background: I OWE PUTIN BIG TIME AND NOW I'M TRYING TO PAY HIM BACK.

Last edited:
But it's treasonous to side with Putin over a U.S. President, at least metaphorically.

Answers:

Ok. What does that have to to with allowing Russia into the G7? Are you saying that if you can’t stop, or fail to stop, someone from doing a bad thing that you shouldn’t be able punish them for doing that bad thing?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amberjamie...ing-happened?utm_term=.ja7krkmyVB#.tqqDqD5k9M

Trump Belittled Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine, Saying Only "Something Happened"
"This used to be the G8, not the G7. Something happened a while ago where Russia is no longer in," Trump told reporters of Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea.
======================================
Trump's mental magic as he seeks to belittle Russia's annexation of Crimea to bolster his quid pro quo calls for Russia to be readmitted to the G8.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/09/politics/trump-russia-g8-press-conference/index.html

CNN)President Donald Trump on Saturday doubled down on his call for Russia to be readmitted into the G7 and blamed his predecessor for Russia's aggression in Crimea.

"I think it would be an asset to have Russia back in," Trump said during an impromptu press conference at the summit. "I think it would be good for the world. I think it would be good for Russia. I think it would be good the United States. I think it would be good for all of the countries of the current G7. I think the G8 would be better."
==============================================
This is outright proof of a quid pro quo as Trump works hard to repay his buddy Putin for having gotten him elected. This is treason:

the crime of betraying one's country, defined in Article III, section 3 of the U.S. Constitution: "Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

Stupid is not treason. Mindless hysteria is one of Trump's signature styles. Why do you want to be like him?

Ok. What does that have to to with allowing Russia into the G7? Are you saying that if you can’t stop, or fail to stop, someone from doing a bad thing that you shouldn’t be able punish them for doing that bad thing?

It confirms that Trump is right in blaming Obama for Crimea's annexation (see headline of thread).

It confirms that Trump is right in blaming Obama for Crimea's annexation (see headline of thread).

Well, no. What exactly would you have had Obama do to stop it?

What ever happened to the days when people and countries where responsible for their actions?

Again, ok, but it is a non-sequester to say that answers the first part of the thread headline. Saying Russian should be allowed back into the G7 because Obama didn’t stop Russia from invading Crimea is a nonsequitor.

Answers:

Still you don't see them calling to make Putin a trading partner ...

Well, no. What exactly would you have had Obama do to stop it?

What ever happened to the days when people and countries where responsible for their actions?

I have no idea, but he was the man with the red line ... :lol:

This sounds a lot like the "she asked for it" attempt at justification.

And it don't work there, either.

If I were trump I would invite Putin to my birthday party just to watch the lefts heads explode.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
This is why so many Americans hate Trump supporters ...

I have no idea, but he was the man with the red line ... :lol:

SO you don't know how to stop a country halfway across the world from annexing another country, but by god, Obama should have magically **** out just such a plan? Do you have any idea just how stupid it sounds to bitch about some one not stopping something you yourself don't know how to stop?

Hint: short of war, there was no way to stop it from happening, and war would have been stupid, and in no way likely to be successful.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...n_g7_russia_should_be_involved_in_summit.html

President Trump, calling himself "Russia's worst nightmare," said the nation should be at the G7 summit after noting they used to be part of the global meeting. Trump held a brief press conference with reporters before departing the White House to head to the summit in Canada.

"It used to be the G8 because Russia was in it," Trump told reporters. "Now, Russia is not in it. Now, I love our country. I have been Russia's worst nightmare. If Hillary got in, I think Putin is probbaly going, man, I wish Hillary won because you see what I do. But, with that being said, Russia should be in this meeting. Why are we having a meeting without Russia being in the meeting? And I would recommend and it's up to them, but Russia should be in the meeting and should be a part of it."

"You know, whether you like it or not, and it may not be politically correct, but we have a world to run," the president said. "And in the G7, which used to be the G8, they threw Russia out. They should let Russia come back in because we should have Russia at the negotiating table."
========================================
The Donald is assuredly V. Putin's best friend now. It's payback time for having helped him get elected. Quid pro quo. Suddenly he has become a big Russia booster. I don't have to wonder why.

Last edited:
What should we have done?

Why are you asking me?

We have world leaders who played possum while another country annexed a piece of a neighboring country, and afterwards they cry foul.

NK threatened to nuke everybody and anybody around them - Trump told them our nukes are bigger than yours - next week NK's boss is meeting with our boss.

What did the world leaders say or do when Russia moved into the Crimea?

SO you don't know how to stop a country halfway across the world from annexing another country, but by god, Obama should have magically **** out just such a plan? Do you have any idea just how stupid it sounds to bitch about some one not stopping something you yourself don't know how to stop?

Hint: short of war, there was no way to stop it from happening, and war would have been stupid, and in no way likely to be successful.

NK, a country half-way across the world from us, threatened to nuke anybody (Hawaii, Japan) ... next week Trump has a personal meeting with the NK leader.

What did Obama say or do to stop Russia?

NK threatened to nuke everybody and anybody around them - Trump told them our nukes are bigger than yours - next week NK's boss is meeting with our boss.

North Korea conveniently wants to open discussions; after they've completed their nuclear program and get what they want.

What did the world leaders say or do when Russia moved into the Crimea?

What could be reasonably done. You and the rest of the American people were not prepared or willing to fight for Ukraine, and neither was the rest of the west. That was made perfectly clear after the Russians threatened to nuke anyone who got involved.

North Korea conveniently wants to open discussions; after they've completed their nuclear program and get what they want.

What could be reasonably done. You and the rest of the American people were not prepared or willing to fight for Ukraine, and neither was the rest of the west. That was made perfectly clear after the Russians threatened to nuke anyone who got involved.

Then, like I said, the West shouldn't be crying foul if they didn't want to do something at the time.

Back
Top Bottom