• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s envoy to testify that ‘no quid pro quo’ came from Trump

Are you suggesting that President Obama was not part of the Obama Administration?

Don't be cute.

From what I understand that pressure was pretty much just Chalupa, who was consulting for the DNC, not the Administration, before Ukrainian's took official action. Throw her in jail, IDGAF.

So now show that Obama pressured anyone to take these actions, or that he even knew?

Don't be cute.

From what I understand that pressure was pretty much just Chalupa, who was consulting for the DNC, not the Administration, before Ukrainian's took official action. Throw her in jail, IDGAF.

So now show that Obama pressured anyone to take these actions, or that he even knew?

Like I asked, was President Obama part of the Obama Administration?

Look-- I don't know why you are getting all upset about this. This is foreign policy. Countries want things and they ask other countries for things or for assistance for things, and often countries ask for things in return.
The Obama Admin, as explained by VP Biden, wanted certain things from Ukraine and was more than willing to withhold funds from the country (even though they were in a life and death struggle with Russia at the time) so as to achieve that objective.
Heck, they did that with IRAN (they squeezed the country with their own money in exchange for a nuclear deal).

Its the Democrats who are yelling impeachment when the Trump Admin does it.

The reason Ive heard and that she said herself in her written statement was that Trump was told she was saying negative things about him. Would Trump fire someone for that do you think?

Holy cow, they really like to keep Trump supporters super ignorant over there at Fox News. Trump supporters haven't a clue about what's going on apparently.

Parnas and Fruman, Trump’s Ukraine Fixers, Just Got Arrested

The campaign-finance charges involve Parnas and Fruman allegedly violating federal law by funneling several million dollars to Pete Sessions, a former House Republican from Texas. Sessions was valuable to their operation because he publicly demanded the firing of Marie Yovanovitch, the U.S. ambassador (who was subsequently fired.) Lachlan Markay detailed the connection between Parnas, Fruman, and Sessions earlier this week.

You need to understand this, so it won't be a shock when it happens.

Trump will be impeached, and he will be removed from office. This is a near certainty at this point.

As an 'aside to your aside' -- There are legal quid pro quo made in government such as,"You have to do this for your country and our country". That's a legal quid pro quo. But this one was this one was "You have to do something for me and my campaign". That's clearly an illegal quid pro quo.

There is presently an investigation into the origins of the Russia probe. If it causes problems for Mr. Biden, and benefits Mr. Trump, its of no relevance whatsoever.

The Ukrainian government absolutely did feel pressure well before Trump halted the aid, according to officials within the Ukrainian government and even Giuliani. Trump dangled Ukraine until his setup led to the phone call.

Yes-- an investigation into the origins of the Russia probe.

The President of Ukraine chose to publicly declare that he felt no pressure, because he not only has his own constituents to worry about, who want a strong president, but he also knows that his country's security depends on staying within America's good graces. He was quite clear about "not wanting to get involved with American politics." And Ukrainian officials didn't know the aid was withheld because it wasn't relayed through the proper channels.

In other words, they didn't know.

Oh wait...it was because Trump wanted to end corruption....oh wait....it was because Trump wanted Europe to pay more....oh wait.... There is a common sense factor here. Whether Ukrainian officials were made aware of the withheld money or not, it does not account for what Trump's intentions obviously were. He and Giuliani have spent years obsessing over the exaggerated 2016 Ukrainian issue and only cared to create "truth" out of the widely debunked Biden issue when Biden began threatening Trump's 2020 re-election. Strange how after two full years of Republican-led Congress, the Biden thing didn't matter, huh? Strange that a national interest not be carried out by the State Department, but by Trump's personal lawyer, huh? Strange how Trump got one Ambassador out of the way before he made the call, huh? Strange how the transcript tried to focus only on key words and was followed up with spin instructions that were emailed to Republicans (and Democrats accidentally), huh?

You mean why didn't spend the last few years going after Biden?
Are you aware of the Russia probe? Do you really think Democrats would have had any different reaction to an 'investigation into the investigation' than they do now?
C'mon.

Holy cow, they really like to keep Trump supporters super ignorant over there at Fox News. Trump supporters haven't a clue about what's going on apparently.

Parnas and Fruman, Trump’s Ukraine Fixers, Just Got Arrested
Read her statement and save your MSNBC CT nonsense for one of your fellow true believers.

You need to understand this, so it won't be a shock when it happens.

Trump will be impeached, and he will be removed from office. This is a near certainty at this point.
:lamoYou are the one who needs to prepare himself for a shock.

Read her statement and save your MSNBC CT nonsense for one of your fellow true believers.

https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/static/2019/10/full-testimony.pdf

Okay, there's the testimony.

Now, point to the section of the testimony that you think contradicts what I posted...

I'll wait...

:lamoYou are the one who needs to prepare himself for a shock.

Oh, I know it's going to be difficult to persuade Republican Senators that the Constitution is more important than their fear of Trump and his foam-at-the-mouth supporters who hate Democrats more than they love the Constitution. It's going to happen though.

I think it's true a solid 25% of Trump supporters couldn't care one bit if Trump violated his oath and committed an impeachable offense. They just don't care one bit about the Constitution. But we don't need to convince all Trump supporters. We just need to convince 20 Senators that the Constitution is more important than Trump.

Like I asked, was President Obama part of the Obama Administration?

Look-- I don't know why you are getting all upset about this. This is foreign policy. Countries want things and they ask other countries for things or for assistance for things, and often countries ask for things in return.
The Obama Admin, as explained by VP Biden, wanted certain things from Ukraine and was more than willing to withhold funds from the country (even though they were in a life and death struggle with Russia at the time) so as to achieve that objective.
Heck, they did that with IRAN (they squeezed the country with their own money in exchange for a nuclear deal).

Its the Democrats who are yelling impeachment when the Trump Admin does it.

No, it's shadow foreign policy, but thanks for playing.

Like I said, don't be cute.

Specific people take specific actions, and to the extent those actions are criminal, they should be punished. So what, specifically are you suggesting Obama did wrong? If Obama can be shown to have committed crimes, I have no problem with throwing him in jail.

Quid pro quo's in foreign policy are proper. That's not the issue, the issue is when public officials take official actions for personal benefit. If it can be shown that Joe Biden's actions were to protect his son, I have no problem throwing him in jail.

I even think there's enough that Joe Biden should be investigated, by law enforcement.

3 Ambassadors, Rudy Giuliani, Rick Perry, and a bunch of goons who work for Oligarchs are not law enforcement, especially if Barr was never notified of their actions.

https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/static/2019/10/full-testimony.pdf

Okay, there's the testimony.

Now, point to the section of the testimony that you think contradicts what I posted...

I'll wait...
Did you read it? Starting on page 7 she says basically what I said in the post you pompously criticized.

Oh, I know it's going to be difficult to persuade Republican Senators that the Constitution is more important than their fear of Trump and his foam-at-the-mouth supporters who hate Democrats more than they love the Constitution. It's going to happen though.

I think it's true a solid 25% of Trump supporters couldn't care one bit if Trump violated his oath and committed an impeachable offense. They just don't care one bit about the Constitution. But we don't need to convince all Trump supporters. We just need to convince 20 Senators that the Constitution is more important than Trump.
He wont be impeached because he didnt commit an impeachable offense. And its not a matter of convincing 20 senators, its convincing the 90% of republicans who support Trump. Thats not going to happen and im going to tell you why. You guys shot your wad with the Mueller report and you blew it. No one on the right trusts or believes a thing you say. Thats not going to change. So you will never get the support of the senate. You were promised an impeachment once before and you fell for it. Use your head this time

He wont be impeached because he didnt commit an impeachable offense. And its not a matter of convincing 20 senators, its convincing the 90% of republicans who support Trump. Thats not going to happen and im going to tell you why. You guys shot your wad with the Mueller report and you blew it. No one on the right trusts or believes a thing you say. Thats not going to change. So you will never get the support of the senate. You were promised an impeachment once before and you fell for it. Use your head this time
Whether Trump committed impeachable offenses is both unrelated to what 90% of Republicans think and also subject to debate.

According to 17 prosecutors who worked on the Watergate investigation, Trump should be impeached for committing impeachable offenses.
In our considered view, the same three articles of impeachment (as used against Nixon) could be specified against Trump, as he has demonstrated serious and persistent abuses of power that, in our view, satisfy the constitutional standard of “high crimes and misdemeanors.”
Regarding the view of impeachment by the public, 85% of Democrats, 45.6% of independents and 13% of Republicans favor impeachment at this time -- before a word of testimony has been given.

No, it's shadow foreign policy, but thanks for playing.

Like I said, don't be cute.

Specific people take specific actions, and to the extent those actions are criminal, they should be punished. So what, specifically are you suggesting Obama did wrong? If Obama can be shown to have committed crimes, I have no problem with throwing him in jail.

Quid pro quo's in foreign policy are proper. That's not the issue, the issue is when public officials take official actions for personal benefit. If it can be shown that Joe Biden's actions were to protect his son, I have no problem throwing him in jail.

I even think there's enough that Joe Biden should be investigated, by law enforcement.

3 Ambassadors, Rudy Giuliani, Rick Perry, and a bunch of goons who work for Oligarchs are not law enforcement, especially if Barr was never notified of their actions.

Law enforcement is investigating the Russia probe. To what extent, if at all, Biden is mixed up in that is unknown.

Not sure what a "shadow foreign policy" is.

He will be impeached. He won't be removed by the Senate.
Unless Trump continues his stupidity.

I'm curious, are you arguing that Trump is the stupidest man on Earth?

"Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that." Trump on call with Zelensky

We got a Scheme by two goons to bribe Sessions, so that Sessions and Giuliani can pressure Trump to corruptly remove an ambassador.

A scheme which was urged on by Lutsenko, the prosecutor that Giuliani was relying on to dig up dirt on Biden.

From Volker's Prepared Testimony:

Mr. Lutsenko made these allegations in conversations with U.S. media, which gave them wide
circulation, particularly among conservative media viewers.
I was well aware of the situation in Ukraine, and had met Mr. Lutsenko once, during one of my
visits to Ukraine in 2018. Ukraine has a well-deserved reputation for rampant corruption.
Nonetheless, I believed that these accusations by Mr. Lutsenko were themselves self-serving,
intended to make himself appear valuable to the United States, so that the United States might
weigh in against his being removed from office by the new government.
At that breakfast, Mr. Giuliani was accompanied by Ukrainian-Amercian businessman Lev
Parnas. We had a long conversation about Ukraine. To my surprise, Mr. Giuliani had already
come to the conclusion on his own that Mr. Lutsenko was not credible and acting in a self-serving capacity.

We got a scheme to keep Dmytro Firtash Paul Manafort's pal, from getting extradited to the U.S. by getting Shokin, the corrupt prosecutor Biden got fired, to pen an "affadavit" filled with lies.

How Dmytro Firtash Seized Giuliani’s Biden Attacks to Fight Extradition to the U.S.

We got 3 out of 4 of Giuliani's goons being paid by Firtash. 2 of which funneled 325k of foreign money into a Pro-Trump super pack. These South Florida goons likely met Giuliani through Trump, not the other way around.

We got a scheme, involving Rick Perry, and two of Giuliani's goons, to replace the board of Naftogaz, not only in the hopes of making it more America friendly, but that damage to it's competitor, Burisma, will boost its business.

Rick Perry’s Focus on Gas Company Entangles Him in Ukraine Case
Profit, not politics: Trump allies sought Ukraine gas deal
NaftoGaz: Trump Associates Mixing Politics and Profits With Ukraine Gas Firm

And we got a president who instructs his Ambasaddor to EU a state specifically that there was no quid pro quo, instead of looking into what the **** is with all this shady **** going on around him.

Aussies dont give a fck about politics. That's the difference between Aus and Yanks.

To what extent, if at all, Biden is mixed up in that is unknown.

Well no one has ever alleged that he was, so try pulling some more **** out of your ass.

Not sure what a "shadow foreign policy" is.
Well, maybe you should read some of the things I'm linking you to, I'm not giving you links for my own education.

I'm curious, are you arguing that Trump is the stupidest man on Earth?

We got a Scheme by two goons to bribe Sessions, so that Sessions and Giuliani can pressure Trump to corruptly remove an ambassador.

A scheme which was urged on by Lutsenko, the prosecutor that Giuliani was relying on to dig up dirt on Biden.

From Volker's Prepared Testimony:

We got a scheme to keep Dmytro Firtash Paul Manafort's pal, from getting extradited to the U.S. by getting Shokin, the corrupt prosecutor Biden got fired, to pen an "affadavit" filled with lies.

How Dmytro Firtash Seized Giuliani’s Biden Attacks to Fight Extradition to the U.S.

We got 3 out of 4 of Giuliani's goons being paid by Firtash. 2 of which funneled 325k of foreign money into a Pro-Trump super pack. These South Florida goons likely met Giuliani through Trump, not the other way around.

We got a scheme, involving Rick Perry, and two of Giuliani's goons, to replace the board of Naftogaz, not only in the hopes of making it more America friendly, but that damage to it's competitor, Burisma, will boost its business.

Rick Perry’s Focus on Gas Company Entangles Him in Ukraine Case
Profit, not politics: Trump allies sought Ukraine gas deal
NaftoGaz: Trump Associates Mixing Politics and Profits With Ukraine Gas Firm

And we got a president who instructs his Ambasaddor to EU a state specifically that there was no quid pro quo, instead of looking into what the **** is with all this shady **** going on around him.

Ive been through this same crap for three years with you guys over the collusion hoax. Not buying the CT your selling, sorry.

Ive been through this same crap for three years with you guys over the collusion hoax. Not buying the CT your selling, sorry.

How's that "no collusion" working out the second time around?

Another question, how many people have to be in jail before it stops just being the CT I'm selling?

Cause two are already there, and Giuliani's under criminal investigation right now. I'm willing to put money on him being in jail within two weeks

Did you read it? Starting on page 7 she says basically what I said in the post you pompously criticized.

You are about a week or two behind on your RNC talking points buddy. The bottom line is you don't know as much as you think you do.

I tried to point out to you that your point didn't matter. I guess I have to hold your hand and point things out to you step by step. It was Trump's people who were spreading the rumors and lies, to begin with. Parnas, Fruman, and Rudy were the ones smearing Yovanovitch! And Rudy himself admitted to it:

Trump Ordered Ukraine Ambassador Removed After Complaints From Giuliani, Others - WSJ

In an interview, Mr. Giuiliani told the Wall Street Journal that in the lead-up to Ms. Yovanovitch's removal, he reminded the president of complaints percolating among Trump supporters that she had displayed an anti-Trump bias in private conversations

There is nothing in Yovanovitch's testimony that contradicts what we know about Parnas, Fruman, and Rudy, and their attempts to smear Yovanovitch. FYI, WSJ is owned by Murdoch, by the way, so no more of this "MSNBC CT" nonsense you keep ranting about.

He wont be impeached because he didnt commit an impeachable offense.

Yeah, he totally did, and there is definitely something wrong with you and all other Trump supporters for not being able to admit it.

And its not a matter of convincing 20 senators, its convincing the 90% of republicans who support Trump.

The polls keep trending in the wrong direction for Trump.

And you focus on 90% of Republicans who support Trump but forget the huge portion of the population that doesn't identify as Republican, which is about 65% to 70% of the U.S. population.

The attempt on the part of Jim Jordan type Republicans to play to the rabidly pro-Trump base is just going to ruin the Republican Party's prospects in the long term.

Thats not going to happen and im going to tell you why.

You're right. I think Trump supporters generally fall into two camps: they are either too ignorant to know the difference between right and wrong, or they just don't care.

You guys shot your wad with the Mueller report and you blew it

Well, no, that's not true. First of all, Mueller had an obligation to investigate, not an obligation to uncover a crime. Investigations are about finding the truth of a thing. It's a process. It's not a search for an outcome.

Also, while the crime of conspiracy was not found beyond a reasonable doubt, that doesn't mean Trump did nothing wrong. Trump still sought to coordinate with the Russian government. For instance, the section about Peter Smith in the Mueller report is especially damning.

Also, I hate to remind you that Mueller outlined 4 clear instances of obstruction. In that respect, with regard to obstruction, the problem wasn't that Mueller "failed", it's that Republicans don't care if Republican Presidents obstruct justice because of Jesus or something.

No one on the right trusts or believes a thing you say.

I think that's true, but that reflects poorly on them, not Trump critics, or the media. The mainstream media almost always gets things right. When they make a mistake they admit it.

Thats not going to change. So you will never get the support of the senate.

I think most Trump supporters don't care that Trump is a crook, but the Senators will care about their legacy, and they also are accountable to ALL voters in their state, not just Republican voters, and they will ultimately do the right thing for the Republic, even if Trump supporters don't care about the U.S. Constitution and the future of the Republic.

You were promised an impeachment once before and you fell for it. Use your head this time

Nobody promised anything. There was a lot of rumor and innuendo, for sure, but this was because Trump did things that generated speculation, whether it was firing Comey or lying about the Trump Tower meeting, or what he has been doing over the past several months which has been to obstruct every bit of evidence, every document, eyewitnesses, and so on.

Last edited:
The U.S. ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, intends to tell Congress this week that the content of a text message he wrote denying a quid pro quo with Ukraine was relayed to him directly by President Trump in a phone call, according to a person familiar with his testimony.

https://wapo.st/2OFQgMf

Sounds similar to “they were discussing Russian orphans”.....

Epstein On Welcome Back, Kotter had better luck with notes signed by “Epstein’s Mother........

Similar from another source w/o paywall:

Ambassador to E.U. to testify he doesn'''t know why Ukraine aid was held up

Well aged post:

Ukraine president says 'no blackmail' in phone call with Trump

Quid pro quo would be required for criminal prosecution. Impeachment is not a criminal prosecution. For like the 1,000th time.

Quid pro quo would be required for criminal prosecution. Impeachment is not a criminal prosecution. For like the 1,000th time.

You have like 635 posts............:screwy

Back
Top Bottom