• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trevor Noah explains the Covington kids

I don't disagree with anything in this post. I agree with you that his actions weren't the best choice. What concerns me is your complete disregard for the actions of the adult. It is baffling to me that an adult can act in such a way towards a child and not be universally condemned.

It's not that I'm disregarding the man's actions. It's that I don't have something I can confidently use to judge his actions.

The boy's actions are easily assessed because his minority overarches all else. Nick is boy and Nathan is a man. Nathan walked toward Nick and, as a boy, Nick's comportment is restricted to a very limited set of choices, and Nick's motivations for not choosing an action from among that very small set are irrelevant because he's not reached the age of majority; thus he's not free to act as might an adult in response to Nathan's having walked in Nick's direction.

Were Nick a man, I'd say that Nathan got in his face and I'd say that Natan was presumptuous for expecting Nick to give way. But Nick is not a man, and had Nick behaved as a child is supposed to, Nathan would never have been in Nick's face. Now, if, after Nick gave way, Nathan started chasing/following Nick, matching Nick's bearing and maintaining a "collision course," well, yes, that'd be a different matter, and my remarks would be very different.

What kind of adults send children on a school trip to a large urban area wearing MAGA hats?

I'm still wondering about that .....

It's like they didn't care if their children were safe.

So, now that Nap has his deflection out of his system, I'll revisit my original point. What kind of parents would send their children to a large urban area in MAGA hats?

Lots of ways things could have gone wrong. There was all the reason in the world not to send boys out into the big bad world in MAGA hats. If an adult wants to take that risk, that's one thing. But to put your children in that position?

So, now that Nap has his deflection out of his system, I'll revisit my original point. What kind of parents would send their children to a large urban area in MAGA hats?

Lots of ways things could have gone wrong. There was all the reason in the world not to send boys out into the big bad world in MAGA hats. If an adult wants to take that risk, that's one thing. But to put your children in that position?

I have a better question, what's wrong with your side of the political aisle where that could be seen as a dangerous thing to do?

The idea of pretending that the left are angels would seem to be very dead indeed. The supposed tolerant moral betters committing violence against MINORS for what they are wearing, that's entirely more screwed up than wearing a hat with a political slogan.

I have a better question, what's wrong with your side of the political aisle where that could be seen as a dangerous thing to do?

The idea of pretending that the left are angels would seem to be very dead indeed. The supposed tolerant moral betters committing violence against MINORS for what they are wearing, that's entirely more screwed up than wearing a hat with a political slogan.

That's not a better question. Nap has already done that one to death. Why won't either of you answer why parents who know how evil the left is would send their children in MAGA hats to a large city which is full of dangerous leftwingers? If you want to go out and get yourself mugged to make a point, go for it. But don't send your kids out to get mugged for your political agenda.

Here's a hint for those that don't feel like watching 3-4 min of video....it's the hats and the Trump support that made it happen.

He starts out acknowledging that the media got it wrong...and then blames Trump and the hats. Bottom line, for Trevor Noah, yeah, it sucks that the kids got death threats but that's what the 1st Amendment is all about.

Actually he does not blame Trump or the hats, but he does acknowledge that when you wear a maga hat you invoke a certain image and a lot of people think negatively of that. Doesn't justify death threats but sadly that is the pathetic world we live in. Disagree with someone, threaten their lives, it is all good and justified. And no, it is not all good or justified. Death threats are bad and immoral and in my view illegal things.

But as Trever Noah said, all those people came there to give out a certain view. The black Isrealites idiots, the maga hatters and the native Americans all came there to make their views known and everybody walked away healthy and uninjured. Period, you can disagree with people but you do not have a right to raise your hand in violence towards someone else purely for them voicing their opinions.

You may take other views from Noah's piece but that is what I saw. US first amendment in the flesh so to speak, real views, real life and nobody got hurt.

Here's a hint for those that don't feel like watching 3-4 min of video....it's the hats and the Trump support that made it happen.

He starts out acknowledging that the media got it wrong...and then blames Trump and the hats. Bottom line, for Trevor Noah, yeah, it sucks that the kids got death threats but that's what the 1st Amendment is all about.

The OP should be titled "Trevor Noah lies his ass off about something he knows nothing about.. again".

That's not a better question. Nap has already done that one to death. Why won't either of you answer why parents who know how evil the left is would send their children in MAGA hats to a large city which is full of dangerous leftwingers? If you want to go out and get yourself mugged to make a point, go for it. But don't send your kids out to get mugged for your political agenda.

The opinion I would offer is they don't believe anyone would be ****ing stupid enough to off violence to minors with multiple cameras and streaming devices all around them. But it appears you can always underestimate stupid.

The opinion I would offer is they don't believe anyone would be ****ing stupid enough to off violence to minors with multiple cameras and streaming devices all around them. But it appears you can always underestimate stupid.

Ha! That double-edged sword again.

Cuts both ways ... right back at the stupid parents who may not have ruined their sons lives, but who have certainly put a big bump in the road and incurred significant costs for themselves as they hire PR people to clean up the mess they made with their lousy parenting.

Ha! That double-edged sword again.

Cuts both ways ... right back at the stupid parents who may not have ruined their sons lives, but who have certainly put a big bump in the road and incurred significant costs for themselves as they hire PR people to clean up the mess they made with their lousy parenting.
I don't see it that way. The media **** knobs that jumped to conclusions and engaged in so many prejudgments caused those costs. By being unable to separate their need to virtue signal and attack Trump via proxy.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

There are evil people on both sides. If you support Trump, then you support evil. If you would assault someone just because they were wearing a MAGA hat, then you're evil also.

See how that works.

I wish you would stop using the word evil because you obviously don't have a clue as to it's meaning.

And jumping straight to racism about a hat is about as brain dead as I would expect from a liberal I guess.

Tell us all where Trump solicited support of racists?

That (bolded above) seems to be what many of the MSM outlets spew - which I suppose makes it true to those who believe them. I don't display or wear any political or religious symbols simply to avoid possibly upsetting folks, mainly my customers, but it is sad that this is the case in an allegedly free country.

But it didn't have to be this way. Had then candidate-Trump portrayed himself as a true outlier champion for ALL PEOPLE and not tip-toed around clear racist and/or bigoted incidents then the MAGA hat would have been a symbol for which Trump claims it really stands for - American pride. Instead the question that's now attacked to the MAGA hat and the "Make America Great Again" slogan is, "Make America Great Again...for whom, sir?"

Had he conducted himself differently from the start and put down any and all incidents that gave even the slightest appears of racism at his rallies - or better yet, NOT boldly stated he'd pay the legal fees for anyone who openly attacked someone else due to the color of their skin - the MAGA hats could have stood for something much more. Instead, they now hold the stigma of inherent racism as opposed to American pride and patriotism that I'm sure some people do hold in their hearts. It's unfortunate that a simple garment has become the modern day symbol of racism and we have our nation's 45th President to thank for it.

But it didn't have to be this way. Had then candidate-Trump portrayed himself as a true outlier champion for ALL PEOPLE and not tip-toed around clear racist and/or bigoted incidents then the MAGA hat would have been a symbol for which Trump claims it really stands for - American pride. Instead the question that's now attacked to the MAGA hat and the "Make America Great Again" slogan is, "Make America Great Again...for whom, sir?"

Had he conducted himself differently from the start and put down any and all incidents that gave even the slightest appears of racism at his rallies - or better yet, NOT boldly stated he'd pay the legal fees for anyone who openly attacked someone else due to the color of their skin - the MAGA hats could have stood for something much more. Instead, they now hold the stigma of inherent racism as opposed to American pride and patriotism that I'm sure some people do hold in their hearts. It's unfortunate that a simple garment has become the modern day symbol of racism and we have our nation's 45th President to thank for it.

What you (and many others) are doing is concentrating (almost?) completely on a small subset of (racist?) TrumpSpeak (which I fully agree left much to be desired) and using that (alone?) to define the intent of (almost all of?) those who wear MAGA hats. That, of course, leaves little (or no?) wiggle room for anyone possibly seeing any other policy positions or their outcomes as reason to support Trump. Obama was rather chummy with some race hustling poverty pimps and outright anti-semites but that alone did not diminish his other accomplishments while in office which got him re-elected.

What kind of adults send children on a school trip to a large urban area wearing MAGA hats?

I'm still wondering about that .....

It's like they didn't care if their children were safe.

I know. It's like they wear a hat, they deserve what they get...

Anyway, the kids said they bought the hats themselves from a vendor while in DC.

The virtue signaling is getting a bit thick. Its a political fight, why don't you address the politics instead of going straight for the race card. Secondarily this is about shutting up anyone that may be a Trump supporter by shaming them out of wearing anything supporting him by labeling it as racist. That's bull****, people are racist, things are symbols, by seeking to link a thing to racism you seek to shut out what it is really about, political support.

You don't think your side does that at all?? Blinders much??

FFS...

Supporting Trump is not supporting evil. Learn how to think for yourself. Quit trying to push that the other side is evil. Win political fights by having the better ideas, not better name calling optics.

I suggest you learn to think for yourself as well. You keep pushing your side. The pot calls the kettle.

I know. It's like they wear a hat, they deserve what they get...

Anyway, the kids said they bought the hats themselves from a vendor while in DC.

Okay. Thanks for explaining. That lets some of the heat off the parents. They raised stupid and/or trollish kids but they didn't actually brand the kids themselves before they sent them out of the house that morning. Thanks for posting that.

What you (and many others) are doing is concentrating (almost?) completely on a small subset of (racist?) TrumpSpeak (which I fully agree left much to be desired) and using that (alone?) to define the intent of (almost all of?) those who wear MAGA hats. That, of course, leaves little (or no?) wiggle room for anyone possibly seeing any other policy positions or their outcomes as reason to support Trump. Obama was rather chummy with some race hustling poverty pimps and outright anti-semites but that alone did not diminish his other accomplishments while in office which got him re-elected.

I suppose that's true. I try to give everyone I meet the benefit of the doubt, but I openly admit that when I see a person wearing a MAGA hat I approach them with a hefty dose of skepticism same as I do whenever I approach a person, a place of business or person on the streets wearing a garment draped with the rebel flag. I do this simply because of the conduct I've seen from many Trump supporters. As a Black man knowing the history of racism in this country, I don't think folks can blame me especially after watching many of Trump's campaign rallies (yes, I stomach them when I can) where attendees haven't exactly been very welcoming to minorities.

Obama didn't have that stigma because he didn't put anything on display that would act as a visual clue to racism or bigotry nor did he conduct himself as such. So, you really can't compare the two. A closer, more realistic examples of what you're looking for during modern times might be Nixon or LBJ...certainly former AL Gov. George Wallace. But Obama, no.

Last edited:
Okay. Thanks for explaining. That lets some of the heat off the parents. They raised stupid and/or trollish kids but they didn't actually brand the kids themselves before they sent them out of the house that morning. Thanks for posting that.

Yes, because obviously anyone that disagrees with or has a different opinion than you is stupid. amirite :roll:

Yes, because obviously anyone that disagrees with or has a different opinion than you is stupid. amirite :roll:

Those are your words, not mine.

Those are your words, not mine.

You know who really deserves what they get? Those that supported Hillary and have the campaign clothes or bumper stickers. Stupid trolls, the lot of em.

You know who really deserves what they get? Those that supported Hillary and have the campaign clothes or bumper stickers. Stupid trolls, the lot of em.

Keep flailing.

Let's put it this way .... wear a ***** hat and a Hillary shirt in a small town in Oklahoma and don't be surprised if you get heckled.

Wear a MAGA hat in an urban Democratic stronghold and don't be surprised if you get heckled.

If you ARE surprised and you're older than 15 ... then yes, that says something about your cognitive ability.

Back
Top Bottom