• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender Victoria Secret Model - Breaking Down Barriers

just more of a sick society celebrating mental illness and calling it normal or progressive.

It is not celebrating, it is realizing reality. Trangenderism is not a mental illness and it is normal.

It is not celebrating, it is realizing reality. Trangenderism is not a mental illness and it is normal.

Transgenderism is neither mental illness or normal. Gender dysphoria is a mental disorder. It fits the definition.

It's not normal. The vast majority of people aren't transgender.

Transgenderism is neither mental illness or normal. Gender dysphoria is a mental disorder. It fits the definition.

It's not normal. The vast majority of people aren't transgender.

But it is normal to them, to force them to live in any other way than their own true being would be cruel.

Also, in the UK it is not seen as a mental disorder and from what I understand it no longer is seen as a disorder by the American Association of Psychiatrists.

But it is normal to them,
murders normal to someone who commits murder. That doesn't mean it's normal generally and since you didn't specify it is only logical to assume generally

to force them to live in any other way than their own true being would be cruel.
accepting that it's not normal and no way suggest that we should force them to be normal. You're talking to a pretty non normal person so it would be hypocritical of me to say that.

Also, in the UK it is not seen as a mental disorder and from what I understand it no longer is seen as a disorder by the American Association of Psychiatrists.
well it fits the APA's definition of what a mental disorder is. And I don't view the UK as authoritative on the subject. In fact I think they're a bit discredited because of how easily they are manipulated by politics.

murders normal to someone who commits murder. That doesn't mean it's normal generally and since you didn't specify it is only logical to assume generally

:lamo My goodness, what UTTER :bs

Where do you come up with nonsense like this. Murder is a crime, it is never normal. To claim that is nonsensical to the max.

accepting that it's not normal and no way suggest that we should force them to be normal. You're talking to a pretty non normal person so it would be hypocritical of me to say that.

It is normal, some people are just like that. It does not make them abnormal/freaks or not normal.

well it fits the APA's definition of what a mental disorder is. And I don't view the UK as authoritative on the subject. In fact I think they're a bit discredited because of how easily they are manipulated by politics.

You did read what I wrote or did you completely miss where I wrote that the APA also has removed it from the list of disorders. And to call the NHS standpoint political is nonsense too.

You should ask yourself that question. You are the one oh so desperately seeking validation for human homosexuality in animals.

Why would a non Human animal have Human homosexuality or Human anything ?

Why are lions, monkeys and penguins relevant ?

:lamo My goodness, what UTTER :bs

Where do you come up with nonsense like this. Murder is a crime, it is never normal. To claim that is nonsensical to the max.
just applying you're logic to something else.

It is normal, some people are just like that. It does not make them abnormal/freaks or not normal.
I wouldn't go as far as to call them freaks but in the concept that it's not something almost all humans deal with it's not normal and I'll stand by that.

You did read what I wrote or did you completely miss where I wrote that the APA also has removed it from the list of disorders. And to call the NHS standpoint political is nonsense too.
so it's magically no longer a disorder because of political organization decided it isn't? It's an appeal to authority.

just applying you're logic to something else.

Nope, my logic was logical and about the subject we were talking about, you were not.

I wouldn't go as far as to call them freaks but in the concept that it's not something almost all humans deal with it's not normal and I'll stand by that.

And I stand on the site of tolerance and say you are wrong.

so it's magically no longer a disorder because of political organization decided it isn't? It's an appeal to authority.

You mean in the past the conservative leadership falsely named it a disorder because they rather would like to see them as abnormal people than accept it was not a disorder.

Unlike the US, lol.

Nope, my logic was logical and about the subject we were talking about, you were not.
I applied a different subject to your logic and you called it BS. I didn't call it BS.

And I stand on the site of tolerance and say you are wrong.
Do you know what tolerance means? It means to tolerate something. Tolerance isn't admirable it's the bare minimum that you must do not to be a complete piece of garbage.

So stand on your stinking pile of tolerance you're as though you're some sort of martyr.

I accept and embrace people for who they are. That means even if they're not like everyone else.

You mean in the past the conservative leadership falsely named it a disorder because they rather would like to see them as abnormal people than accept it was not a disorder.
Do you know what a mental disorder is? if you think it's just what some book says it is then I don't think you know much.

I applied a different subject to your logic and you called it BS. I didn't call it BS.

A different subject would have been someone who is gay, someone who is addicted to sex, those are comparisons, using a murder logic is not logic, it is totally illogical because:

1. it is a CRIME
2. it is about KILLING someone

Do you know what tolerance means? It means to tolerate something. Tolerance isn't admirable it's the bare minimum that you must do not to be a complete piece of garbage.

So stand on your stinking pile of tolerance you're as though you're some sort of martyr.

I accept and embrace people for who they are. That means even if they're not like everyone else.

Yep, I know what tolerance means and what acceptance means. I embrace both things. And I am a martyr? What the hell are you talking about. And great that you are accepting and embracing. But I do not think calling someone not normal is very conducive to accepting and embracing people.

Do you know what a mental disorder is? if you think it's just what some book says it is then I don't think you know much.

So first I stated the NHS did not see it as a disorder and nor did the Americans. Than you said as long as the APA said it is then it is a disorder. Then I say the APA has not called it a disorder for more than 5 years. Then you say the APA is the tool of politics and now you say the APA is wrong and you are right. Sorry, but that is not logical.

I have always thought it was not a disorder and than it being called a disorder for the longest time had to do with the oppressive influence of religion on society. The church said it was a disorder so the world determined it was a disorder and the psychiatrists went along with it. That is at least what I think.

A different subject would have been someone who is gay, someone who is addicted to sex, those are comparisons, using a murder logic is not logic, it is totally illogical because:

1. it is a CRIME
2. it is about KILLING someone
murder is also different subject.

You will have to explain what a " murder logic" is. I don't understand that.

Yep, I know what tolerance means and what acceptance means. I embrace both things.
yes if you didn't embrace those things you would probably be a criminal. Everybody in the Western world tolerates and accepts it if they didn't that would mean they would be trying to exterminate them which is a crime.

By tolerating and accepting you are doing the bare minimum it takes not to be thrown in jail. More interested in embracing and understanding. but in order to understand something that is unusual you must first understand that it is unusual. Brainwashing yourself to believe this is just what normal people do is not helping anyone.

And I am a martyr? What the hell are you talking about. And great that you are accepting and embracing. But I do not think calling someone not normal is very conducive to accepting and embracing people.
lying to them or more along the lines of lying to yourself is not healthy. Understanding that you are different from the norm is the first step dealing with being transgender or gay.

Pretending you're not is psychological suicide. I speak from experience.

So first I stated the NHS did not see it as a disorder and nor did the Americans. Than you said as long as the APA said it is then it is a disorder. Then I say the APA has not called it a disorder for more than 5 years. Then you say the APA is the tool of politics and now you say the APA is wrong and you are right. Sorry, but that is not logical.
so was it wrong before they edited gender dysphoria out of the DSM?

But they can't be wrong because that's illogical. I guess just the definition of mental disorder changed. I wasn't aware of this you'll have to show me.

I have always thought it was not a disorder and than it being called a disorder for the longest time had to do with the oppressive influence of religion on society.
Labeling Behavior patterns or thought patterns that cause suffering and inability to cope with everyday life it is not about oppressing people. It's about helping them.

Transgender people I've been extremely high incidence of suicide. Your approach seems to be **** them. Mine is help them.

The church said it was a disorder so the world determined it was a disorder and the psychiatrists went along with it.
no that's not how psychology works. Gender dysphoria was understood to be a behavior or a thought pattern that caused people to either suffer or not be able to function in everyday life. The church had nothing to do with that.

I don't know where you got this idea that the Church controlled psychology. it shows you are family ignorant of the entire field. Psychology really started as a concept from a guy named to Sigmund Freud. Sigmund Freud was not a pastor or Reverend or a priest or a cardinal or Bishop.

Are you aware of any of this or did you just drop here on this planet from Mars 5 minutes ago?

That is at least what I think.
You think things that have nothing to do with reality.

Have you tried educating yourself on the fundamental basics of behavioral Science?

It must have been someone else who "applied my logic to something else" like murder.

yes if you didn't embrace those things you would probably be a criminal. Everybody in the Western world tolerates and accepts it if they didn't that would mean they would be trying to exterminate them which is a crime.

By tolerating and accepting you are doing the bare minimum it takes not to be thrown in jail. More interested in embracing and understanding. but in order to understand something that is unusual you must first understand that it is unusual. Brainwashing yourself to believe this is just what normal people do is not helping anyone.

lying to them or more along the lines of lying to yourself is not healthy. Understanding that you are different from the norm is the first step dealing with being transgender or gay.

You think people who do not embrace or tolerate are criminals. Wrong again, the whole fringes of the left and the right are filled up to the brim with people who are intolerant and who do not embrace things. Whole subsections of our society do not tolerate and embrace things. And only idiots would then try to exterminate them, which you would only be right of being a crime if they would do this physically.

Society has been trying to "exterminate" things it does not tolerate/embrace or even accept for many many centuries. Homosexuality as a crime for example was one of those things. But other deplorable things are trying to be exterminated without it being a crime, in fact by making it a crime like pedophilia, child marriage, under aged drinking, polygamy, etc. etc. etc. etc.

All things we as a society do not tolerate or accept.

But you are right, people should be more focused on understanding and embracing. And I don't have to "understand" somethings to embrace it. I do not understand why people would believe there is a magic person in the sky, but I still love and embrace people who think that way. I do not have to understand why men fall in love with men, I just embrace them as I would anybody else.

And you are right, in a non-accepting/intolerant society it would be wrong to act like society has not labelled them unusual/wrong/deviant/not right, but we are striving for an accepting/embracing society and it should first start with all of us embracing them for who they are, at least that is my opinion. I am not talking about the current situation here on our planet. I am talking about what we should strive for. So that it will not be psychological suicide. And I am sorry you have had to feel that from experience.

But they can't be wrong because that's illogical. I guess just the definition of mental disorder changed. I wasn't aware of this you'll have to show me.

Labeling Behavior patterns or thought patterns that cause suffering and inability to cope with everyday life it is not about oppressing people. It's about helping them.

Transgender people I've been extremely high incidence of suicide. Your approach seems to be **** them. Mine is help them.

Yes, it was wrong to label it a disorder. We have for centuries been treating them so badly that it for many has become a mental disorder but it did not have to be that way. The catholic religion was mostly to blame for that. In ancient Rome it may not have been everyone's cup of tea but gay sex was generally accepted and legal, it remained that way until the catholic religion became prevalent in Roman society, then it became a crime punishable by death.

Do you not think that the influence of "religion" in general has caused a very negative, brutal and criminalizing attitude around things like homosexuality and being transgender? I find it terrible that the incidence of suicide is so high, and my attitude seem to be "**** them"? Nope, my attitude is to love and embrace them and make the world realize that there is nothing wrong with them, nothing they cannot talk about or feel insecure about so that they really do feel embraced and not insecure/persecuted and the number of suicides among them can come down. I want to help them but not by calling what they are a mental disorder but that the people who do not embrace them and accept them are the ones who truly have a mental disorder.

no that's not how psychology works. Gender dysphoria was understood to be a behavior or a thought pattern that caused people to either suffer or not be able to function in everyday life. The church had nothing to do with that.

I don't know where you got this idea that the Church controlled psychology. it shows you are family ignorant of the entire field. Psychology really started as a concept from a guy named to Sigmund Freud. Sigmund Freud was not a pastor or Reverend or a priest or a cardinal or Bishop.

Are you aware of any of this or did you just drop here on this planet from Mars 5 minutes ago?

Well, if insults are the norm now. Did you just crawl from under a rock or something like that? Why do you think transgendered people needed the help of psychiatrists? Because of the church/religion and the fact that they brainwashed society and transgenders by sying they were abnormal/freaks/disgusting/filthy/monsters. People that needed to be changed into what the church/society deemed proper and acceptable.

It is the ill treatment of these people that has caused them to have true issues with their feelings. IMHO it is society who has the mental disorder about transgenderism, not the transgenders.

Have you tried educating yourself on the fundamental basics of behavioral Science?

Well, if you had read my comment properly you would have realized that my comments had nothing to do with the fundamental basics of behavioral science but with the influence the church has had on society and most professions in that society. It was the church who was demonizing and criminalizing gay/lesbians/transgenders for centuries and centuries. Do you really think psychiatry was going to find it a disorder if gays/lesbians/transgenders would have been welcomed and loved in society? No probably not because then people would have not been subjected to mind numbing and psychological warfare on their personality from the moment they came out as lesbian/trans/gay.

If you think societal pressure had nothing to do with labeling gay/lesbian/trans as disorder than well, you live in an another universe than I and a lot of other people live in.

We as a society (spurred on to do it by the church and centuries of brainwashing people) have caused these people to have been pushed into feeling they had a mental disorder. It is not their mind that has the issue, it is the fact that we have told that mind that they are abnormal. Our society has caused this to be seen as a disorder so I think it is a good thing it is no longer classified as a mental disorder because basically there is nothing "wrong with them". It is society who is sick in the head when it comes to the treatment of transgenderism. They (the transgenders) are not mentally abnormal, society is.

It must have been someone else who "applied my logic to something else" like murder.
no it was me. I applied your same exact logic do something else and you called that BS. I did not.

You think people who do not embrace or tolerate are criminals.
no. Just people who do not tolerate. Tolerance is mandatory you can't just run around didn't exterminate or imprison people you don't like.

Wrong again, the whole fringes of the left and the right are filled up to the brim with people who are intolerant and who do not embrace things.
tolerate and embrace are two different things I can't have this discussion with you if you're going to conflate them.

Whole subsections of our society do not tolerate and embrace things. And only idiots would then try to exterminate them, which you would only be right of being a crime if they would do this physically.
you're still conflating tolerance and embracing took this statement is cognitive dissonance.

Society has been trying to "exterminate" things it does not tolerate/embrace or even accept for many many centuries. Homosexuality as a crime for example was one of those things. But other deplorable things are trying to be exterminated without it being a crime, in fact by making it a crime like pedophilia, child marriage, under aged drinking, polygamy, etc. etc. etc. etc.
I see you put the word exterminate in quotes. It seems you're doing this to be dishonest.

I mean the word the same way you exterminate cockroaches. There is nobody actively and legally slaying people in the western world for being trans or gay or even pedophiles.

So you're being dishonest by attaching some other false meaning to the word exterminate.

All things we as a society do not tolerate or accept.
so show me the gas Chambers or the mass Graves where we have exterminated gay people and buried them.

If you can't do that you can't point out legal intolerance.

But you are right, people should be more focused on understanding and embracing.
I'm glad you finally saw a reason. Offering up tolerance like it's some gift.

And I don't have to "understand" somethings to embrace it.
I know you don't but you do have to understand it to be able to help. And there are people that are capable of doing that. and talking as though you have that ability when you admit that you don't makes you look ignorant.

I do not understand why people would believe there is a magic person in the sky, but I still love and embrace people who think that way. I do not have to understand why men fall in love with men, I just embrace them as I would anybody else.
again you are of no assistance. You don't possess the knowledge and skill to assist. So when you run your mouth about the knowledge you don't have you come off as ignorant.

And you are right, in a non-accepting/intolerant society it would be wrong to act like society has not labelled them unusual/wrong/deviant/not right,
here is this woke bigotry again. why is unusual or mental disorder the same thing as deviant or wrong why do you hate the mentally ill. They can't help their mental illness without recognizing it.

stop lying to them and telling them it doesn't exist you don't know.

but we are striving for an accepting/embracing society and it should first start with all of us embracing them for who they are, at least that is my opinion.
that's profoundly worthless it doesn't help anybody. We have to be caring meaning you can't see mental disorders as wrong or deviant. That's an extremely hateful view point you have. You can stroke your tiny little ego about how tolerant you are that's nothing but bragging about how great you are.

Nobody cares that you are just a rung but above a total scumbag. That's expected.

I am not talking about the current situation here on our planet. I am talking about what we should strive for.
so it's Utopia or nothing. If you can't cope in the society we live in and suffer and eventually die what are you going to tell the family? "I wanted Utopia." You didn't want to recognize a mental disorder as a mental disorder by the textbook definition because you don't understand what that means.

If you said that kind of crap to me at my loved one's funeral I would treat you just like the westboro Baptist Church.

So that it will not be psychological suicide. And I am sorry you have had to feel that from experience.
You don't know the first thing about psychology you tried to tell me that the church created it. So how can you tell me anything about psychology?

Be careful, CLAX. The contemporary party of virtue will not tolerate too much truth.

Last edited:
no it was me. I applied your same exact logic do something else and you called that BS. I did not.

no. Just people who do not tolerate. Tolerance is mandatory you can't just run around didn't exterminate or imprison people you don't like.

tolerate and embrace are two different things I can't have this discussion with you if you're going to conflate them.

you're still conflating tolerance and embracing took this statement is cognitive dissonance.

I see you put the word exterminate in quotes. It seems you're doing this to be dishonest.

I mean the word the same way you exterminate cockroaches. There is nobody actively and legally slaying people in the western world for being trans or gay or even pedophiles.

So you're being dishonest by attaching some other false meaning to the word exterminate.

so show me the gas Chambers or the mass Graves where we have exterminated gay people and buried them.

If you can't do that you can't point out legal intolerance.

I'm glad you finally saw a reason. Offering up tolerance like it's some gift.

I know you don't but you do have to understand it to be able to help. And there are people that are capable of doing that. and talking as though you have that ability when you admit that you don't makes you look ignorant.

again you are of no assistance. You don't possess the knowledge and skill to assist. So when you run your mouth about the knowledge you don't have you come off as ignorant.

here is this woke bigotry again. why is unusual or mental disorder the same thing as deviant or wrong why do you hate the mentally ill. They can't help their mental illness without recognizing it.

stop lying to them and telling them it doesn't exist you don't know.

that's profoundly worthless it doesn't help anybody. We have to be caring meaning you can't see mental disorders as wrong or deviant. That's an extremely hateful view point you have. You can stroke your tiny little ego about how tolerant you are that's nothing but bragging about how great you are.

Nobody cares that you are just a rung but above a total scumbag. That's expected.

so it's Utopia or nothing. If you can't cope in the society we live in and suffer and eventually die what are you going to tell the family? "I wanted Utopia." You didn't want to recognize a mental disorder as a mental disorder by the textbook definition because you don't understand what that means.

If you said that kind of crap to me at my loved one's funeral I would treat you just like the westboro Baptist Church.

You don't know the first thing about psychology you tried to tell me that the church created it. So how can you tell me anything about psychology?
Your frankness heartens me. Mendacity, as exemplified in the posts of your current interlocutors, is at epidemic levels in political culture.

Yes, it was wrong to label it a disorder. We have for centuries been treating them so badly that it for many has become a mental disorder but it did not have to be that way. The catholic religion was mostly to blame for that. In ancient Rome it may not have been everyone's cup of tea but gay sex was generally accepted and legal, it remained that way until the catholic religion became prevalent in Roman society, then it became a crime punishable by death.

Do you not think that the influence of "religion" in general has caused a very negative, brutal and criminalizing attitude around things like homosexuality and being transgender? I find it terrible that the incidence of suicide is so high, and my attitude seem to be "**** them"? Nope, my attitude is to love and embrace them and make the world realize that there is nothing wrong with them, nothing they cannot talk about or feel insecure about so that they really do feel embraced and not insecure/persecuted and the number of suicides among them can come down. I want to help them but not by calling what they are a mental disorder but that the people who do not embrace them and accept them are the ones who truly have a mental disorder.

Well, if insults are the norm now. Did you just crawl from under a rock or something like that? Why do you think transgendered people needed the help of psychiatrists? Because of the church/religion and the fact that they brainwashed society and transgenders by sying they were abnormal/freaks/disgusting/filthy/monsters. People that needed to be changed into what the church/society deemed proper and acceptable.

It is the ill treatment of these people that has caused them to have true issues with their feelings. IMHO it is society who has the mental disorder about transgenderism, not the transgenders.

Well, if you had read my comment properly you would have realized that my comments had nothing to do with the fundamental basics of behavioral science but with the influence the church has had on society and most professions in that society. It was the church who was demonizing and criminalizing gay/lesbians/transgenders for centuries and centuries. Do you really think psychiatry was going to find it a disorder if gays/lesbians/transgenders would have been welcomed and loved in society? No probably not because then people would have not been subjected to mind numbing and psychological warfare on their personality from the moment they came out as lesbian/trans/gay.

If you think societal pressure had nothing to do with labeling gay/lesbian/trans as disorder than well, you live in an another universe than I and a lot of other people live in.

We as a society (spurred on to do it by the church and centuries of brainwashing people) have caused these people to have been pushed into feeling they had a mental disorder. It is not their mind that has the issue, it is the fact that we have told that mind that they are abnormal. Our society has caused this to be seen as a disorder so I think it is a good thing it is no longer classified as a mental disorder because basically there is nothing "wrong with them". It is society who is sick in the head when it comes to the treatment of transgenderism. They (the transgenders) are not mentally abnormal, society is.
I don't think you have the first understanding about psychology so there's no point in arguing with you. Your ideas are so juvenile that I don't believe you really think this. It seems like you're just virtue signaling

Unlike the US, lol.
But surely unlike laughing-out-loud idyllic Northern Europe, yes?

The Skinny
for zyzygy

No, what he has "straight up said" is that there is no third biological sex. He said there are two biological sexes, and sometimes aberrations of the two. I agree with him.

As for transgenderism (not the topic here, I note), I won't presume to speak for OldFatGuy, but for what it's worth, this is my view, posted elsewhere:

The politicization of subjectivity is the rabbit hole down which liberal democracy has disappeared in recent years.
The legalization of subjectivized objectivity has removed liberal democratic culture from any basis in reality.
The noble political experiment has exploded and wrecked the lab.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-...ion-demands-placed-others.html#post1070593106

Taxonomic Brain Teaser

1MUknXo.jpg

Woman?
Man?
Female?
Male?
Chimera?
https://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-and-sexuality/361297-sexual-philosophy-5.html#post1070434258

Answer Key
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

The Shallow and Superficial Original Post
...Maybe some people will start to rethink their preconceived notions about "transgender" after seeing this?...

"Remember the Rimini!"

Last edited:
Your frankness heartens me. Mendacity, as exemplified in the posts of your current interlocutors, is at epidemic levels in political culture.

It seems some people all they want to do is blame the church for everything wrong with the world. It seems like existential angst to me. I completely understand it, as a gay men myself I had my issues with the church. I rebelled I acted all angsty, but one thing I did that a lot of people don't do is I grew up. It wasn't the churches fault or Christians in general that I felt the way I did, it was the hand of cards I was dealt. You can mope and cry that it isn't a straight flush (to torture the metaphor) or you can take your pair of threes and play like you're going to win. I'm glad I chose the latter. Being so angry all the time is exhausting.

Back
Top Bottom