• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender truth

However, with that, there is indeed some doctors who are unscrupulous enough to push the transition without the full workup to ensure that the dysphoria is caused by transgenderism. This is why most of the community doesn't want anything outside of presentation to occur until legal adulthood AND after a full evaluation. The one area of exception seems to be the hormone blockers. And I do find myself on the side that says they should not be used, at least in the MtF's

I agree with you there. Medical transition should happen, sans puberty blockers, at least 18 years old. This is when you're an adult and capable of making independent and informed decision-making. We also need to understand that our medical and psychological communities need their patients to be open and honest with them, and follow their instructions. You cannot claim about your transitioning going wrong, when you didn't follow their instructions and were not honest with them. Walter Heyer, a "former" transgender, continues to misinform people about his "de-transition". He never tells people that he didn't follow the doctors instructions, withheld information from medical doctors, and got his sex change operation in secret without informing family or friends.

I have no issue at all with social transitioning. By all means, dress the way you want to dress. Go by your preferred name and gender pronouns.

There's another reality that anti-trans folks don't want to talk about. The answer is WHY did they de-transition in the first place. The most common reason is...couldn't find employment. Being trans is a money pitfall. If you can't find a job and you can't afford getting medical treatment, they make a conscience decision to de-transition in order to survive and not be on government assistance.

They were never separate until recently.

Your evidence?

Even if your premise is true, so what? We didn't discover sex chromosomes until the 20th century. Things changed. Words and definitions change. Guys used to mean a funny looking person, and then it turned into a reference to a male person, and now it's a gender neutral word. We are seeing more and more studies showing that a transgender brain is not shaped like a typical male or female brain, and is somewhere in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom