• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TIME 'Person of the Year' 2016

The "basket of deplorables" comment specifically referred to the bigots among Trump's supporters. They are deplorable. Why would you expect anybody to apologize for pointing that out?

No, she stated that half of the Trump voters were, which might as well be indicting all Trump voters. Had she said "bigots are deplorable" she'd be making a perfectly fine statement. Pulling a percentage out of the air and using that to slime a group of people is actually bigoted.

"Murderers are awful people"

"Half of Hillary's supporters are murderers"

See the difference?

Your defense of Hillary is just more evidence that a healthy portion of the healing needs to come from Democrats.

Because it was a lie!

Cardinal thinks that half of Trump voters are bigots so he isn't interested in any real healing happening.

Cardinal thinks that half of Trump voters are bigots so he isn't interested in any real healing happening.

Of course many liberals aren't interested in healing. They are butt hurt, racists, deplorable bigots....themselves.

CzEuqUFUkAEQ8g7.jpg

19m
Photo: TIME magazine cover, featuring Donald Trump as 'person of the Year' - @ZekeJMiller

20m
Donald Trump named TIME 'Person of the Year' for 2016; Trump says it's a 'very, very great honor' - TODAY

THE CHOICE
BY NANCY GIBBS

This is the 90th time we have named the person who had the greatest influence, for better or worse, on the events of the year. So which is it this year: Better or worse? The challenge for Donald Trump is how profoundly the country disagrees about the answer.

[...]

THE CHOICE

Surprised?
I am not.

:lamo

It's a worthless award.

They had no libs to give it to. lol

Notice how they put the "for better or for worse" disclaimer.

No, she stated that half of the Trump voters were, which might as well be indicting all Trump voters. Had she said "bigots are deplorable" she'd be making a perfectly fine statement. Pulling a percentage out of the air and using that to slime a group of people is actually bigoted.

"Murderers are awful people"

"Half of Hillary's supporters are murderers"

See the difference?

Your defense of Hillary is just more evidence that a healthy portion of the healing needs to come from Democrats.

Ah, so your problem with the comment then was the percentage she assigned to the label. What was wrong with it exactly? Do you feel half was too low?

Trump won, get over it.

Ah, so your problem with the comment then was the percentage she assigned to the label. What was wrong with it exactly? Do you feel half was too low?

Half of Hillary supporters are murderers too then. Or maybe it's 65%.

Trump won, get over it.

I'm enjoying it greatly. I especially like how the losers are making demands of the winners while simultaneously accusing them of being deplorable. I bet that will work great!

So if people are rioting might as well break a window?

Does making the observation that people are rioting require that you break a window? You must have a...lively...way of expressing yourself.

Well, historically, Times Person of the year isn't necessarily about good.

Look at 1938.

Like it or not, Trump was massively impactful on the USA this past year. Time will tell (no pun intended) if it will be a positive or negative one.

I pray for positive.

There are a lot of people who've won the award that make everyone else super unhappy. Time can't seem to adequately describe what the award means loudly and frequently enough. They may as well just rename it "Most influential person of the year" just to deal with the confusion.

How much has Jill Stein raised for the Person of the Year recount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it sucks that he inherited such a divided nation from Obama.

That sounds like an excuse. Can't you conservatives and libertarians advocate for "personal responsibility" by leading by example?

The Democrats have a lot of healing they need to do as well. I'll wait for an apology for the "Basket of Deplorables" comment for starters.

It was a gaffe, yes.

Which Clinton expressed regret for, fwiw.

Yup. She had to apologize for any legitimate mistake, but Teflon Don never had to apologize for anything.

Anyone who doesn't understand that Donald won because of a double standard is willfully deluding themselves.

No less than 3 libs have Godwin'ed this thread now. Exaggerate much?

No less than 3 libs have Godwin'ed this thread now. Exaggerate much?

I'd have been happy to use the covers featuring Yasser Arafat, Vladimir Putin, Ayatollah Khomeini, Nikita Kruschev or Bono, if you like.

I'd have been happy to use the covers featuring Yasser Arafat, Vladimir Putin, Ayatollah Khomeini, Nikita Kruschev or Bono, if you like.

Let me get a bottle so I can make some wine from the sour grapes and tears.

You are making things up to believe.
Try clicking on the second link and listening to the reason why Trump was chosen.

Osama bin Laden was also made man (person) of the year. Person of the year isn't always people considered to be civil, having integrity, heroes, special achievers, or contributors to the betterment of humankind.

They have also featured psychopaths.

I don't care why Trump was selected by Time.

There are a lot of people who've won the award that make everyone else super unhappy. Time can't seem to adequately describe what the award means loudly and frequently enough. They may as well just rename it "Most influential person of the year" just to deal with the confusion.

Agreed. Whether you agree with him or not, no one can doubt that he has influenced the way Americans think or even behave.

Reagan, and before that, FDR.

Lol. You just showed your youth. Reagan was reviled by the left. And he was constantly lampooned by the media. This is one thing he and trump have in common.

His uniting factor arose only through the lens of history.

Yeah, that just adds to the divide.

The leadership of the Tabloid known as "Time" were hard core Hillary slurpers. Of course they are going to cheap shot Trump.

That sounds like an excuse. Can't you conservatives and libertarians advocate for "personal responsibility" by leading by example?
Trump is leading by example.

After he won he called for unity in his acceptance speech. Most people had to acknowledge it was very well done. Hillary, full of bitterness and hatred, refused to call for unity and instead contacted Soros and told him to start funding protesters and soon the riots started.

After Thanksgiving Trump once again called for unity and peace and liberals protested and rioted some more.

Trump announced that many jobs at carrier had been saved and then liberals started protesting so more. They don't even know what they're protesting and rioting about.

Trump is leading by example.

After he won he called for unity in his acceptance speech. Most people had to acknowledge it was very well done. Hillary, full of bitterness and hatred, refused to call for unity and instead contacted Soros and told him to start funding protesters and soon the riots started.

After Thanksgiving Trump once again called for unity and peace and liberals protested and rioted some more.

Trump announced that many jobs at carrier had been saved and then liberals started protesting so more. They don't even know what they're protesting and rioting about.

If you really believe that crap, then just wait 'til Donald takes office. You think the opposition is intense now? You ain't seen nothing yet.

I am with you on that one.

If one looks at the electoral map, its mainly a divide between urban dwellers and those who live outside urban areas. Its no more divided states of America than any other election except in those where, like when Reagan almost swept the board against Mondale, there is an overwhelming landslide.

Trump beat the pantsuit off Hillary... the divided states thing is just another feeble attempt at a slap by lib media against a republican candidate that cleaned all their clocks.

Except that he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom