• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tiger Woods arrested on suspicion of DUI

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
ruh roh Tiger.

Golf legend Tiger Woods was arrested around 3 a.m. Monday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence in Jupiter, Florida, Jupiter police spokeswoman Kristin Rightler said. Woods was booked into a local jail and released on his own recognizance with no bond a few hours later, according to the Palm Beach County sheriff's office's online records.​

ruh roh Tiger.

Golf legend Tiger Woods was arrested around 3 a.m. Monday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence in Jupiter, Florida, Jupiter police spokeswoman Kristin Rightler said. Woods was booked into a local jail and released on his own recognizance with no bond a few hours later, according to the Palm Beach County sheriff's office's online records.​

Why ridiculously wealthy people like Tiger, Lindsey Lohan, and all those other incredibly wealthy people insist on driving themselves is beyond me. If I had that kind of scratch, I'd be like Trump and drive nothing other than a golf cart.

I didn't realize ol' Tiger was still a big enough deal to report on his DUI's....huh... :p

DBAUpPDXYAIMBuu.jpg:large

:doh

It's not like he'll suffer any real penalty. The rich and famous have a different set of rules than the rest of us.

Bet he knows his golf career is over, he blew it with his wife, and he has no one to blame but himself.

Why ridiculously wealthy people like Tiger, Lindsey Lohan, and all those other incredibly wealthy people insist on driving themselves is beyond me. If I had that kind of scratch, I'd be like Trump and drive nothing other than a golf cart.

I have had personal drivers before. Not because I was rich at the time, but because I was a diplomat. When I lived in places like Indonesia and Cambodia I never once drove myself. And I'll tell you, it gets old. I loved my vacations back to the States because I could drive again.

Driving is fun, especially when you can afford the kind of cars that people like Tiger and Lohan can afford. That said, they should at least use a driver if they are going to be drinking.

Those are some creepy eyes.

From his youth Woods showed such a talent in golf. Worked hard and made the big time with fame and fortune only to have his mug shot posted everywhere on social media over a DUI this Memorial Day weekend.

I think it was in 2010? when his affair came out and he did the asking for forgiveness tour. Since then he has had two back surgeries. You know he is darn lucky he got pulled over under the influence before he had an opportunity to cause an accident potentially hurting others including himself.

Many who reach fame and fortune have problems handling it .

Those eyes in his mug shot were clearly Sanpaku. (Whites of the eyes visible in three sides.)

The condition has been recognized for centuries in Oriental countries where it was thought to signify poor physical and mental health - caused primarily by an unwholesome diet too high in red meat and acidic foods.

A person's psychological state can also cause the eyes to become Sanpaku because stress affects the optic nerves. This pulls the muscles up, moving the iris with them towards the eye socket, so white space is revealed underneath.

Many high-profile people have been affected, including Julius Caesar, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, Adolf Hitler and Princess Diana.

I am one of those folks who think you can tell a lot about a person by looking into their eyes.

Is this supposed to be a big deal? Michael Phelps had two DUIs at the height of his fame, and we barely heard about them, swept under the rug.

From his youth Woods showed such a talent in golf. Worked hard and made the big time with fame and fortune only to have his mug shot posted everywhere on social media over a DUI this Memorial Day weekend.

I think it was in 2010? when his affair came out and he did the asking for forgiveness tour. Since then he has had two back surgeries. You know he is darn lucky he got pulled over under the influence before he had an opportunity to cause an accident potentially hurting others including himself.

Many who reach fame and fortune have problems handling it .

Those eyes in his mug shot were clearly Sanpaku. (Whites of the eyes visible in three sides.)

The condition has been recognized for centuries in Oriental countries where it was thought to signify poor physical and mental health - caused primarily by an unwholesome diet too high in red meat and acidic foods.

A person's psychological state can also cause the eyes to become Sanpaku because stress affects the optic nerves. This pulls the muscles up, moving the iris with them towards the eye socket, so white space is revealed underneath.

Many high-profile people have been affected, including Julius Caesar, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, Adolf Hitler and Princess Diana.

I am one of those folks who think you can tell a lot about a person by looking into their eyes.

I just figured he was having trouble holding up his head and needed to roll his eyes up to look into the camera.

I love driving.

I don't care how rich I was, I would NEVER have someone drive me unless I was drunk/high/etc..

I would drive at least as much as I do now...I would just drive cars/trucks/motorcycles that are a hell of a lot better/faster than I do now.

I love driving.

I don't care how rich I was, I would NEVER have someone drive me unless I was drunk/high/etc..

I would drive at least as much as I do now...I would just drive cars/trucks/motorcycles that are a hell of a lot better/faster than I do now.

I can understand that part. But, add to this a tendency to get **** faced. I'd leave the car at home and call James.

:shock: omagod

what happened to him

Nothing.

He was probably drunk/stoned when they took this. Plus, he was probably pretty depressed as well.

He is a middle aged man who is starting to go bald...like a LOT of middle aged men.

I have seen mugshots of celebs that looked a heck of a lot worse than his.

Nothing.

He was probably drunk/stoned when they took this. Plus, he was probably pretty depressed as well.

He is a middle aged man, after all.

I have seen mugshots of celebs that looked a heck of a lot worse than his.

Times have changed too. Back in the day, someone like that gets pulled over in his own town, cops lock up his car and drive him home. Hell, that's how they did me not too long ago--20 years, maybe--and I sure as hell am not as famous as Tiger Woods.

I can understand that part. But, add to this a tendency to get **** faced. I'd leave the car at home and call James.

Yeah, driving drunk when you are a rich celeb is pretty stupid.

The consequences of getting caught just once can mean millions lost in contracts, endorsements, etc..

It just makes no sense at all.

Times have changed too. Back in the day, someone like that gets pulled over in his own town, cops lock up his car and drive him home. Hell, that's how they did me not too long ago--20 years, maybe--and I sure as hell am not as famous as Tiger Woods.

Yup.

What I don't get is how come these mugshots get out so fast?

Do the cops have to release them by law? Or is this just cops taking them and selling them to the media?

I am no huge Tiger fan - but this photo got out AWFULLY quick.

Back
Top Bottom